The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderators

Go down

Moderators Empty Moderators

Post by shadowsowner888 4/12/2010, 8:58 pm

Okay, this is half rule, half FAQ . . . so I'm posting it in both places. xD I've been getting a lot of requests from people to become moderators, so I'd like to say something. (And I hope the other mods won't mind me posting this without talking to them about it - if you do, feel free to get rid of this.)

Do you want to become a moderator?

Well, the most important thing from this point on is please do not ask. I don't mind it, and it's not annoying, but it's really hard to say anything but yes sometimes when I can't even say yes right away. So, instead of asking from this point on, just read this thread - it tells you everything you'll need to become one. nod And how do you become a moderator?

Be the best member you can be.

Lots of things go into consideration when we consider new moderators. The most important thing is whether there's a need, of course, but if there is that's when we start looking at the members themselves. nod To even become a serious possibility a member has to follow the rules well and be an active member. Some other factors that go into account are how well they get along with the other members and whether they participate in all of the sections. When we decide on any new moderator(s), we then PM them to ask if they'd like to join us - they always have an option to say no. If they say yes, we upgrade them to a Mod in Training and teach them the ropes, and when they feel ready they become a full moderator.

For the most part, everything is in the hands of the mods and I, though. The most important thing you can do is give us the space to decide for ourselves and be a good member. Smile

And what exactly does a moderator have to do?

For the most part, they keep an eye on the Twiggles to make sure they follow the rules. xD They can see reports, but they also have to look through things themselves. They sometimes have to mediate between members to keep fights from breaking out, and they send out all those little PMs when someone breaks a rule. It's a big job, but it can be fun, too. nod

And as for becoming an admin . . . well, that's going to be an automatic no for now. xD We'll bring that up when we see more than one around here.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Moderators 1312Moderators 2412Moderators 3349Moderators 3548Moderators 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum