The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges

+3
shadowsowner888
Arianna
Jade
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges Empty How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges

Post by Jade 7/20/2009, 12:53 pm

Your probably wondering, what are profile badges? How do you get them? Unless you helped me with my idea. Anyway, I'm going to explain profile badges.
How Can I be Included in All This Badge Stuff?:

Right now the only way you can buy/ sell/ trade badges with other members is to go through Badge Training. The Badge Coaches (Amanda, me and Arianna) will quiz you about what you know. It should take no longer than 45 minutes on your part! And once you go through training your can set up your BTT and start buying/ selling trading badges. Once your a "badge trader" meaning you've gone through training you can (soon) sign up for contests and other fun stuff!

If you want to sign up to be trained by a bade coach you can go the badge training section right next to the badge section and go to the thread that says something like sign up and all you have to do is post your name and we'll PM you when you can begin your training.

What Are They?:

Profile badges are little icons that you can post on your profile. They can show people that you 'Love Edward Cullen' or that you've made 'more than 10 posts in the WCT'. Basicly they're a (fun) way to tell people about you. Here's an example of a couple possible badges:

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges ICONATOR_1cb9260ba63af6dadda0c09851de4074

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges ICONATOR_39129fa9d4b2ad268baf4fd311d39a06

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges ICONATOR_93ecc521a7ba0da273e111fc7319321e

How do You get Them?:

Now that you know what they are you probably want to know how to get some! Well very soon Amanda and Arianna are going to be opening a 'badge shop' in this same section. They will post all the badges that are 'for sale' or that you can earn. Then you can buy or try to earn badges or even go to someone's BTT (Badge Trading Thread) and try to trade for one.

Trading Badges on Other People's BTT's:
As many of you know at first we were going to use points to buy badges. Then we came across a problem. You couldn't give your points to anybody. Therefore we have had to change the way things work and Arianna came up with a trading system. This is how that system will work

If you want to trade you can open (ONE!!) topic labeled '[insert your username here's badge trades]. You can then, on that topic post all your badges that you are willing to trade to other people. You can then go to other peoples BTT (Badge trading topics) and make offers to trade one of their badges for one of yours or you can just hang around your BTT and wait for someone to come to you Wink

There are some things to keep in mind though...

1- Some badges are going to be worth more than others, right now not so much because this is the first mouth we've done the badge shop but after a few mouths some will be more than others.

2- Offering on badges that are on someone's profile but aren't on their BTT is against the rules, it will just get tiring for the person with the awesome badge that doesn't want to trade it.

3- Begging, Wining ect. are very out- it's not very nice and takes the fun out of trading

4- If you're having an auction on on of your badges please state that clearly! Otherwise no auctions meaning if Bob comes and offers you a badge that looks like this confused and you agree to trade for that badge but then Sally comes along and offers a badge like this santa you'll have to decline- no buts. If you want to have an auction on a certain badge put it at the top of your BTT and boldly underneath it print :[insert badge's name here] badge auction. This auction is starting on [insert date you want the auction to start] and is going until [insert the date you want the auction to end on].

5- Please update your BTT as much as you can, and at the bottom your BTT please keep track of all your trades/ pending trades
Example:
Pending Trades
Offered on Sally's Edward Cullen Lover badge
Bob offered a santa badge for my unicorn badge
Finnished Trades
My music badge for Sally's flower badge
Bob's writers badge for my Jokster badge
Mary's love badge for my bunny badge

and so on.

How can I Get Badges To Start With?:
Twig Bucks. Twig bucks are recorded under your username and avatar. Think of TB (Twig Bucks) as money. If this badge costs 2 TB then you fill out

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges ICONATOR_1cb9260ba63af6dadda0c09851de4074

To buy a badge first please fill out this forum:
The badge I want to buy is (the name of the badge):
It costs this many rep points:
It's by (the artist who created it):
I now have this many TB:

Example forum:

The badge I want to buy is (the name of the badge): Team Edward
It costs this many TB: 3
I have to do this to earn it as well (for instance make 10 posts on chatspeak): 10 posts on twilight club
It's by (the artist who created it): warmblood12211
I now have this many rep points: 8

To pay the artist please send them a PM that includes your forum (as well as posting it in the badge shop). They can then add the right amount of TB's to their account and you can take the right amount of TB out of your account. And yes you control your TB's account. If you sold a badge to someone or bought one you can either subtract the cost of the badge from your account or add how ever much Arianna listed your badge. But, you can't add TB's for no reason, if you get caught adding more than you earned or not "paying" for the badges you buy it's possible you will be banned from the badge section.

To add or subtract the correct amount of TB's from your account go to your profile and there you will be able to control it. To start off everyone gets 100 TB's.

Now lets say you buy that badge, your rep points won't go away. But I will be keeping track of what you buy/ trade on my "Tracking Badges" thread. However it's very important for every member using this system to be honest or else we might have to figure out how to do it some other way. If you are caught "cheating" and it's obvious you were aware of it then there is a great chance you will be banned from the profile section Sad

How can I earn Rep Points Faster?:

Well theirs always being helpful but now theirs a new way too. When you sumbit a badge to the shop and someone buys your badge they will pay you rep points. With these rep points you can buy badges for your own profile! If you want to submit a badge to the badge shop so Amanda and Arianna can sell your badge to fellow TWG-ers fill out this forum and post it on the badge shop
...Submit a Badge Form...
Desired Name of Badge:
Desired Cost of Badge:
Anything else:

Example:
...Submit a Badge Form...
Desired Name of Badge: Santa Smiley
Desired Cost of Badge: 4 rep points
Anything else: Nope

then you can send the badge with the forum to Amanda, Arianna or me. And yes you do have to post the forum on the badge guide and in the PM Wink

The badges you can't buy with only rep points:

There are some badges that will be in the badge shop that won't be able to only be bought with rep points points. Instead you will have to earn them, for instance maybe one badge you have to earn by posting 10 times on the WCT or one you have to write a story that has at least 10 comments by other users. Once you have done what the badge requires please PM me and send me a link to the WCT(s) you posted on 10 times or the story that has ten comments if you really did what you said you did then I will PM amanda and arianna and they will give you the hard earned badge. (You have to pay the artist first though, look above to see how that's done)

How to post links:

I told you you have to send me a link to the page as proof that you did what the badge required but some people might not know how. To send me the link

1st- if you look up to the top of the page you will see the bar that has a weird code for instance right now mine says something like:
http://shadowsowner888.forumotion.com ect.

2nd- Do what I did and highlight the internet code thing, right click and then click the option that says copy. Next start a fresh PM.

3rd- Right click in the PM and click the option that says paste, you should be able to see the internet code

4th- label the link for instance [my story with 10 posts] and send it to me! It'll work Wink Once you send it it will look like this to the other person

https://shadowsowner888.forumotion.net/badges-f43/how-it-works-a-guide-to-profile-badges-t544.htm#22791

Who Gets Paid for the badges?:
The artist who send them in! You're the one paying them rep points after all Wink

Questions? Comments?:

If you have questions or comments please PM me or post below, thanks so much!

Last edited by warmblood12211 on 8/13/2009, 12:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges Empty Re: How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges

Post by Arianna 7/20/2009, 2:34 pm

Thank you for the guide Smile
I'll get in contact with Amanda to work on the shop Wink
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges Empty Re: How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges

Post by Jade 7/20/2009, 7:01 pm

Great! If you have anything to add just PM me Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/21/2009, 1:26 am

Okay, I will if I need to later, but for right now it's amazing!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 2:10 pm

Aww, thanks so much *hugz*
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 2:16 pm

I agree with Arianna. Very Happy It's getting off to an awesome start!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 1312How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 2412How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 3349How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 3548How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 2:20 pm

Thanks Shadow *gives shadow hugs too*

where's Amanda though? She is supposed to help you, Arianna, set up the badge shop Sad I want to get it started soon!
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 2:47 pm

I'm pretty sure she went on vacay for a while; there was a thread about it somewhere. XP
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 1312How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 2412How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 3349How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 3548How it works: A [Really, UPDATED] Guide To Profile Badges 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/21/2009, 2:48 pm

Yes, soon, because I submitted a few badges to Arianna Rolling Eyes
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 2:50 pm

Hmm, I think I'm going to help Arianna set it up and when Amanda comes she can take over Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/21/2009, 3:25 pm

YAY!!!Very Happy
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 3:27 pm

It would be yay if Arianna would PM me back Sad
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 7/21/2009, 4:59 pm

Nice job! Smile
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/21/2009, 5:14 pm

As long as the original creator can get paid, it's cool.

You should've made completely sure with Shad' that this is how things should go, or did you? Well, whatever.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 6:17 pm

I did check with Shadow Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 8:44 pm

Ya, Gri, don't worry. Smile Things are fine.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 9:03 pm

Hmm, I hope Arianna has time to set up the badge shop soon Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/21/2009, 9:33 pm

I wanna submit more badges.XD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 10:05 pm

You can submit them to me too Mia, since Arianna isn't on right now Smile I'll be sure to send them right to both Amanda and Arianna!
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/21/2009, 10:10 pm

But I didn't make them yet...XD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/21/2009, 10:14 pm

Well that's a problem xD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/22/2009, 3:02 am

warmblood12211 wrote:It would be yay if Arianna would PM me back Sad
Sorry about that.
All the problems of living in Europe Razz
I replied, so I'll post the thread soon!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 7/22/2009, 12:14 pm

No problem Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/22/2009, 1:49 pm

How do you SEND your points??
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/22/2009, 1:54 pm

Ummm. Lemme ask Shadow.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next