The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, what do you wanna know about England?

+10
DragonStar
Spring_Blossom
LuckyPenny666
Snow
rattyjol
Avé
Blue Aqua Wind
Hyro201
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
MusicWritingLove
14 posters

Go down

So, what do you wanna know about England? Empty So, what do you wanna know about England?

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/19/2010, 3:18 pm

Yeah, I kept being asked about it, so I thought I'd make a thread instead of spamming up the forum. Razz So, um, yeah, I'll cover the basics:

What are your accents like?
I have a clear accent, even for England. It's not like on of those Austin Powers tea and crumpets ones, but it's pretty clear. I might record it and upload it to Photobucket or something, haha. Razz

Weather?
Pretty wet. It's been quite dry recently but in the north of the country there was major flooding. We have quite a mild climate to be honest. Razz

London
This is the big one. XD I've been to London about...eh, I dunno, six or seven times, but I can only remember about three. I'm going to London this summer and I'm really happy: I love the free museums, the Tube (the subway, except we call it the Tube), the way it's so busy. I hope to live there one day.
I've been on the London Eye, and it was brilliant. You could right over the River Thames and into Westminster. I've also seen the Lion King live and I'm going to London AGAIN in October to see Legally Blonde. Haha.

So...questions? :3
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

So, what do you wanna know about England? Empty Re: So, what do you wanna know about England?

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 5/19/2010, 4:07 pm

Do you like it there?
Do you live there or are you from there....or what? xD
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

So, what do you wanna know about England? Empty Re: So, what do you wanna know about England?

Post by Hyro201 5/19/2010, 5:53 pm

*Jumps up and down and gushes uncharacteristically* I so want to go to england
Hyro201
Hyro201
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 5/19/2010, 5:54 pm

Are you from England? Very Happy
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5263

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/19/2010, 5:56 pm

Ooh, I want to go to Englad so badly!
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyro201 5/19/2010, 5:57 pm

I'm from USA but i would trade living there if i had the chance to move to england. USA is great and all but i would rather be in a country where it's occupants are less known to be rude
Hyro201
Hyro201
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/19/2010, 6:20 pm

I have a question for you. Very Happy Do you watch Doctor Who on BBC One? xD

I agree, Hyro, I would loooove to go to England. I think we might be going this summer. grin I'm hoping to go there for college or something too. cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow 5/19/2010, 7:25 pm

Is school fun? xD
A teacher I had once said the schools were incredibly difficult compared to North American ones. Is that true? (I can certainly believe it. Many North Americans are ninnies.)
Snow
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 5/19/2010, 8:09 pm

That's so cool that you're from England!! grin Some of my family came from there, and I REALLY want to go to visit, or maybe even for university.

Do you like the Harry Potter books? If so, have you ever visited any of the tourist sites, like the Great Hall?
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring_Blossom 5/19/2010, 8:27 pm

What do you think of people from Canada and the United States? And do you think our accents are strange? (Don't worry, I'm sure none of us will be offended if you find Americans very odd. Very Happy)
Spring_Blossom
Spring_Blossom
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1501

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStar 5/19/2010, 10:50 pm

We Americans absolutely love imitating British accents (and sometimes they're quite inaccurate. >_>), and I've heard a rumor that a similar thing happened over yonder seas... except that the English imitated our accents. Is this true?
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/20/2010, 3:18 am

Do you like it there?
I've never lived anywhere else, so yeah... but I do prefer warmer countries. XD

Do you live there or are you from there....or what? xD
I was born in England and I've never lived anywhere else. Razz

Are you from England?
Uh-huh. ^^

Do you watch Doctor Who on BBC One? xD
Doctor Who is freaking amazing. <3 I lovelovelove David Tennant, but Matt Smith is okay. :3

Is school fun? xD
Yeah, it is. Razz At the age of sixteen we do exams that are equal to the ones that you do at eighteen or something, and we only need about one A-Level (18 yr old exams) to be able to get into one of your colleges or universities. Razz Over here you need at least four to get into a good college. And then at the age of 21 you can start a PhD, which I'd love to do. Very Happy

Do you like the Harry Potter books? If so, have you ever visited any of the tourist sites, like the Great Hall?
Harry Potter is awesome! Very Happy I've been on the Hogwarts Express, but that's all...

What do you think of people from Canada and the United States? And do you think our accents are strange?
I have a couple of really close friends I met via the internet in Australia...XD Yeah, you guys aren't that odd. XD

We Americans absolutely love imitating British accents (and sometimes they're quite inaccurate. >_>), and I've heard a rumor that a similar thing happened over yonder seas... except that the English imitated our accents. Is this true?
When taking the mickey outta people, yes, we will use an American voice. Razz I mean, we don't love it, but Americanism has helped people develop an extremely good American accent. Razz I'm best at Australian though. XDD

Last edited by MusicWritingLove on 5/20/2010, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/20/2010, 3:28 am

YESYESYES. Very Happy David is THE BEST Doctor. xD And Rose is my favorite companion. Amy would be close, though, if she hadn't tried to kiss the Doctor. Razz

I don't think that episode is actually out in North America yet... xD I cheat and watch them online as soon as they come out on BBC.

Do you watch Torchwood too? Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/20/2010, 10:04 am

I went to England to visit my second-cousins a few years ago. Very Happy

I haven't any questions.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

So, what do you wanna know about England? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Taquito 5/20/2010, 9:07 pm

Pshh. xD I've been to England. For an hour.
...in the airport. xD

So, do you notice that you have an accent?
Taquito
Taquito
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1227

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/21/2010, 2:29 pm

Yes. A lot.
I live in a rural area and all my friends have FFFAAARRRRMMMAAAARRR accents. Ugh.
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 5/21/2010, 3:20 pm

AWESOME! Very Happy What was it like?

You live in the country? Lucky. Smile I heard it's really gorgeous there. Is that true?
Also, have you ever been to Scotland or Ireland?
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/21/2010, 4:03 pm

I wouldn't say gorgeous, just green.
Yeah, it's really pretty. Like Virginia according to my mum. XD In spring it's very purple and light green, and then in summer I love it. It's so warm. XD

I've been to Scotland a lot - my grandparents live there. Never been to Ireland though.

And the Hogwarts Express was awesome. XD It was just...awesome.
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 5/21/2010, 6:51 pm

That sounds so nice. smiley

Cool. Smile

grin

Have you ever been to America?
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/21/2010, 7:09 pm

Have you ever gone to Wales? I wanna go to Cardiff and visit the Roald Dahl Plass. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/22/2010, 2:39 pm

Never been to Wales or America, although I fully intent to one day go on a round-the-world trip. <3
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 5/23/2010, 4:56 pm

Oooh! That sounds so cool! Where exactly would you go?

Do you like the food in England?
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Mioko 5/25/2010, 4:01 pm

Spring_Blossom wrote:What do you think of people from Canada and the United States? And do you think our accents are strange? (Don't worry, I'm sure none of us will be offended if you find Americans very odd. Very Happy)

I find us odd.... and that is saying something..... rolleyes but my question is if you came to the states what do you think that you might do? (If you have been here then you dont have to answer this question.....)
Miss_Mioko
Miss_Mioko
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1765

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/25/2010, 4:02 pm

The food over here is exactly the same as you have. XDD

And I've never been to America, but I want to go to New York really badly. Very Happy
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/25/2010, 4:48 pm

Neat-o! righton
I didn't know you were from England!
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down