The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

My School Has Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My School Has Issues

Post by amrgirl on 5/21/2010, 6:06 pm

Okay, so in my school, we have four lunches, first lunch, second lunch, and so on. Today I had first lunch, and then went to 6th period biology (which is on the 3rd floor). Near the end of the class, around 1:05, our principal come on the P.A. system and said not to leave the class room when the bell rang, but wait until he came back on. When the bell rang, people still left the class room, but we were told to go back into the classroom. A minute or so later, our principal came back on the P.A. system and said that we were going to have a lockdown. It was weird, because usually they notify the teachers before hand, and it isn’t near the end of class. The lockdown lasted around 25 minutes instead of the usual 5 or 10. Most class rooms have 2 x 3 foot windows near the door, and during the lockdown we saw a cop (in uniform) walk down the hallway with his gun drawn. We have a really bad sub in biology since our real teacher left about a month ago for maternity leave, and the sub just made us move our chairs to the back of the class room, but still in view of the window, and read so “we could get something out of the lockdown.” She didn’t pay much attention, so I texted my friends in other classes to see if they knew what was going on. That’s pretty much what most of the class did. About 25 minutes later, our principal came back on the P.A. and said to go to our 7th period classes, and that he would explain what happened later. I met up with a couple of my friends on the way down to the first floor, and we went down the main stairwell, which has really big windows looking out at the front of our school. We looked, like many other people, and saw like 5 cop cars, cops with their guns out walking around, and even a SWAT vehicle. People were taking cell phone pictures so I took one. My friend actually took out a digital camera and took a picture with that, saying she’ll post it on Facebook later. I tried to go down the main hallway to get to the gym for P.E. but it was really crowded and you literally had to push your way through. In P.E., I talked with my friends, and learned that somebody had called in to say that they were going to shoot out the whole school county. And I also learned that there was a food fight second lunch. We were supposed to run in P.E. today, but since we only had 25 minutes, we just sat there and talking. Everybody had iPods and cell phones out, and the teachers didn’t care. It was rumored that the middle school a mile and a half away was lockdowned, too, and that a remedial (I think) high school nearby was also in lockdown. Later, my friend called her cousin, who’s a year younger than us and goes to the middle school, and found out that it hadn’t been in a lockdown. Somehow, we realized that what really happened was that two girls on saw a guy acting suspiciously the 3rd floor (where I was), and he had a fake gun, so they reported it. Nobody was hurt, but at the end of the day, a teacher fainted or nearly fainted because of the heat/dehydration, and was taken away in an ambulance. The official story that they’re sending out in an email to parents is “At approximately 1:05 today, students returning to their class on the second floor, witnessed a student on the third floor acting suspiciously. Security was notified and the building was placed in lockdown. [My county] Police responded and conducted a room to room search. No credible threat was identified.” So it proved to be an interesting day. At least the last hour of it.
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Re: My School Has Issues

Post by LuckyPenny666 on 5/21/2010, 6:49 pm

Wow. O.o That's really scary. And a SWAT team? shocked I'm glad it wasn't real. nod
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 5/21/2010, 6:52 pm

Well, isn't that splendid! xP Sorry I don't have a whole lot of comment.
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 5/21/2010, 7:09 pm

Everybody was freaking out afterwards. That was like all everybody talked about in 7th period and on the bus (which led to my friend's crush talking to her).
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 5/21/2010, 11:38 pm

That's just creepy. o.0 I'm so glad nothing happened to anybody!

(Credit to Forry for this picture.)
shadowsowner888
Admin

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub on 5/22/2010, 1:37 am

Wow. Lockdowns at my school are just drills that consist of us hiding on the floor out of view and whispering. Then the principal jiggles the doorknob and we all fall dead silent till he leaves xD
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait on 5/22/2010, 11:18 am

Creepy....Very creepy......
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2811

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 5/22/2010, 11:30 am

@Saddle: that's almost exactly what happens at my school. Unless I'm in Spanish class. Then we just turn off the lights and keep talking. xD
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyro201 on 5/22/2010, 11:41 am

I've never to a school where we had to have lockdown drills or anything although i have been to a school were there was a bomb threat.
Hyro201
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait on 5/22/2010, 11:42 am

@Iki (That's your new nickname I shall call you xD) Lucky! xD
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2811

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 5/22/2010, 11:43 am

Yeah, Saddle, we're supposed to do that, too. We usually do, but our sub is bad, and we just sat in the back of the class room and read. One person hid under a desk.
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub on 5/22/2010, 12:27 pm

I remember someone in my class sneezed really loudly during a drill and when it was over, we were all like, "YOU COULD'VE KILLED US!!!!" xD
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• on 5/22/2010, 7:52 pm

That sounds like an.... Amusing day. xD
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TEE HEEE HEEE!!! Click THEM!! Do it!! Dooooo it! XD
Female Posts : 9714

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 5/22/2010, 10:01 pm

It was a very interesting day. We had fun after, once we knew we wouldn't really end up dying.
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove on 5/23/2010, 5:54 am

Heh, I've never had anything like that happened to me. XD We don't have lockdowns or whatever. I suppose that's good because I live in the middle of nowhere, so...

MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• on 5/23/2010, 7:24 pm

@Saddle

"Blame it on the stupid allergies! It wants you dead!" XDD
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TEE HEEE HEEE!!! Click THEM!! Do it!! Dooooo it! XD
Female Posts : 9714

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 5/23/2010, 8:26 pm

School tomorrow should be really interesting...
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top