The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

This is just a rant...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is just a rant...

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha on 5/22/2010, 4:57 pm

OK. I get that I like a lot of stuff that others don't like (for example, Miley Cyrus, Naruto, Shugo Chara, Cascada etc.) but I hate bashers. ><

I hate it. I hate when there's a thread or something asking a person's opinion, and they go off on a huge 'I hate such and such' rant. I get that you don't like it, but why be rude when you know others like it? (this has not happened here! I promise! It happens on WI. XP)

My example:

Me=Miley fan
Someone else=Selena fan

That person ends up bashing Miley to no end, which upsets me. But I don't turn around and bash Selena.

I had a poll up once on WI asking about my avvie. It was Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto. One person was really rude there. I didn't see it because it got deleted, but people had quoted it and it upset me. Not like crying upset, but it made me feel bad. (I sound like a little kid...)

I'm really sick of people bashing things/people I like. That's why I gave up on going anywhere else on WI except the threads I was a member of or started. Until I went today, with my heart freaking out. >< And then I did find a thread about Miley with rude posts, AGAIN. (Yes, this has happened more than once. At least 5 times!) I reported, of course. (don't tell that it was me! XD) And I got upset.

Oh year, forgot. This happens on Facebook too! XP Stupid anti groups! I'm gonna go leave the anti Twilight one. Because I wouldn't want someone joining and anti whatever-I-like group. It upsets me even more.

That's my rant, sorry. I just really needed to vent.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 23705

Back to top Go down

Re: This is just a rant...

Post by Komoda on 5/22/2010, 9:05 pm

Aw, I'm sorry people bash all the things you like... But I guess that's what the internet's about. There are trolls everywhere, and you have to keep a strong mind when on forums. It's so much easier for them to hurt people when they can hide behind their computer screens. I guarantee you about 90% of those bashers are immature children who don't know anything about netiquette. I guess you just have to learn to not take anything they say to heart because it's not at all worth the hurt. They'll grow out of it someday and realize what they were doing was pointless.
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares on 5/22/2010, 9:07 pm

You're incorrect about the Naruto part, though.

There's me, Em, Itachi and other peeps here that love Naruto! That's why Ninja Academy got at least 20 parts!
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha on 5/22/2010, 9:09 pm

Yeah, I know, Mo. I'm trying not to take it to hard. But I have two friends that have joined anti Miley pages. And I don't get why they would do that when even their PARENTS have FB.

Oh, I know, Mia! I wasn't talking about you guys! I was talking about other people. (not people on here, of course!)
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé on 5/22/2010, 9:12 pm

Those people are immature. Some of them may be stating their opinions, with good intentions, and possibly going too far, but when people do it just for the sake of annoying those who do like whatever they're bashing? Well, that's just wrong. They should either grow up or keep their mouth shut.

Last edited by Avé on 5/22/2010, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha on 5/22/2010, 9:14 pm

Agreed, Avvy. Totally agreed.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster on 5/22/2010, 11:33 pm

Well, if someone states it POLITELY then it's just an opinion but if they totally bash it and spaz out then I don't like it. Because personally, I don't like Miley Cyrus OR Selena Gomez or any disney star for that matter.

I would also like to say that (in my mind) they group thing isn't that big a deal. Because I honestly wouldn't care if someone was anti-something I liked. As long as they didn't dis me personally for liking it I'm fine. But that's me.
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 5/23/2010, 10:26 am

Yeah, I really dislike this too. ._. Saying you don't like something is one thing, but going all out about how much you hate it . . . even if I agree with the person, it still really bugs me. I wish people could all just understand as well as the people on Twig do! D:

(Credit to Forry for this picture.)
shadowsowner888
Admin

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha on 5/23/2010, 1:13 pm

Cat: I did mean when people spaz out over it. That's what I hate about it.

Shadow: The people on Twig are FAR better than the people on WI. By like 1000%. (Even though the majority of us are FROM WI. XD)
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 5/23/2010, 3:13 pm

Yeah, I know, I hate haters/bashers. And a lot of the time it's just on WI, or even BI. I can understand if somebody just says "I don't like whatever" instead of saying "I hate this. It's so stupid, and so are all of the people who like it."
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha on 5/23/2010, 8:55 pm

Anna, that's EXACTLY what I was getting at! I mean, the people I DON'T know on WI are all the rude ones. I'm fine if someone is just like 'I don't like it/this person.' But if they say something WAY out there that doesn't even need to be there, I get upset over it.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 5/23/2010, 9:07 pm

I know, especially if they insult the fans or creator, or continue bashing it even if they know you like it (this would mainly happen in real life.)
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha on 5/23/2010, 9:13 pm

Yeah, that would mainly happen in real life...
But online, people out of their way to bash something/someone.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 5/23/2010, 9:20 pm

Yeah, like on WI, a lot of the time, people just go on a thread for somebody like Justin Bieber (who I don't like) just to talk about how much they hate him.
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha on 5/23/2010, 9:25 pm

I hate that. ><
I got to restart the Miley club on WI, and one of the members came to my profile to tell me that someone had made a rude post on there, and then there were rude tags about Miley AND Kris Allen on there. I was like 'What is wrong with that person???' I had to PM a mod to get the tags removed.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top