The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Featureds for June

+8
leah_hope92
LuvPink
Arianna
Malicious Nightmares
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Avé
Komoda
shadowsowner888
12 posters

Go down

Featureds for June Empty Featureds for June

Post by shadowsowner888 6/2/2010, 10:17 pm

~`~`~Story~´~´~
We have two wonderful winners this time, both some of my personal favorites - ! D()|\|T L!\/E !|\| RE4L!TY by Jesus4Eternity, and Sn0w Whit3 by Akeria! :3 And by some delightful coincidence, their titles both have l33tspeak? Awesome. Just awesome. I know you'll enjoy them!

Interviews:

Sn0w Whit3:
What inspired you to write this story? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
Um... I have no idea. I got the idea to write this like last year, and I put it in my idea journal, and I was bored; looking for plots and story ideas, and I decided that this was a good story. I think inspiration was the fact that I was bored...

Have you enjoyed writing the story? Is it easy?
Writing stories has never been easy; all stories are a challenge. I have trouble with the plot points of this one... Heh... I do enjoy writing it though.

How did you choose its name? In your head, is this the perfect name, or are you still looking for a better one?
Um, I decided I wanted seven brothers and sisters, and then I realized it was like the seven dwarfs, but I didn't just want to call it Snow White, so I added some numbers... I think it was based off that episode of Degrassi where there's the person named Sinder3lla... But yeah.

What is it about the story that you think other members like?
It's kind of original, I guess. I don't know, really. I like the characters, they're really developed, and Athena is very... like me. xD

What's your favorite part of the story?
The nommy boys. :3 Just kidding, I really like Athena, I think she's my favorite character... So far. *evil grin*

! D()|\|T L!\/E !|\| RE4L!TY:
What inspired you to write this story? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
I got bored and wanted to write something with a l33t title. I realized that I sometimes lived in a dreamland that wasn't re4lity [see what I did there? xD] and hence the title came to me. It struck about two weeks ago. (:

Have you enjoyed writing the story? Is it easy?
Enjoyed? Heck yeah. Of course, there are some times, like now, that I procrastinate on writing it, but doesn't everyone do that? Now... easy? Hello, this character is quiet and doesn't talk. I'm loud and talk 24/7. BUT IT'S FUN SO IT'S WORTH IT. nod

How did you choose its name? In your head, is this the perfect name, or are you still looking for a better one?
The story's up there....I really don't want to retype it. xD Yeah, I think this is a perfect name, because she's never in re4lity [teehee]. So... yeah.

What is it about the story that you think other members like?
We've all had our dreams that we can't forget, and we've all had dreams about fictional characters. This story is all about dreaming (about nommy boys), and since everyone dreams, they probably like how it's relatable to life as well as being fictional.

What's your favorite part of the story?
Hmmm... well, there's only like 6 chapters. But I guess I like the NOMMY BOY part. <3

Second runner-up: Vwyn: The Boy Across the River - warriorcatlover

~`~`~Poem~´~´~
Another set of ties here! :3 We've got Silent Rapture by Avé and No One Comes Out of This World Sane by Komoda. Both are quite wonderful, of course! And I can't think of much to say about the actual content of them, so yup, I'm done here. XD

Interviews:

No One Comes Out of This World Sane:
What inspired you to write the poem? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
The lyrics to Jay Chou's song Nocturne was what triggered the idea. The beginning line goes, "a crowd of bloodthirsty ants are drawn by rotting flesh" and I guess it just painted a picture in my mind. The general idea was inspired by Vlad the Impaler and witch burning, though. The inspiration basically came the day I wrote it.

Did you enjoy writing the poem? Was it difficult?
Yes, I liked writing it. It wasn't all that difficult because I was motivated at the time.

Well, I chose the name based on the last line of the poem, like I normally tend to do. I'm fine with the name, but I suppose I could've been more creative.

What is it about the poem that you think other members like?
I really can't think of anything. None of them mentioned anything in specific, so...? I guess maybe because it was one of my more visual ones, in a certain way.

What part of the poem do you like best?
The second last stanza, probably. I haven't really written about impaling before, so it was something new. ^u^

Silent Raptures:
What inspired you to write the poem? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
My inspiration was some stuff going on at school that I doubt any of you but Forrey would know about. xD I got the idea a few days before it was posted - I actually got the idea the day it all happened.

Did you enjoy writing the poem? Was it difficult?
I mean, considering I wrote it at 4 in the morning... well, yes, it was a bit hard. xD I had this idea and I just needed to get it down. I probably should have waited until the morning to go over it again and make it better and everything, but I guess that doesn't matter now.

The name is only temporary. I'm actually still looking for a better one, though one of the suggestions on the thread was 'Inglorious Freak'. I like that one. XD

What is it about the poem that you think other members like?
I honestly don't know. Maybe the ending?

What part of the poem do you like best?
Probably the ending. ^^

Second runner-ups: My Death Pleases You - Dead By Sunrise, A Different Side of Me - Hyro201, What Happens When You're Not Around - PugsRock, and Evil, Evil King - Novastare

~`~`~Roleplays~´~´~
Do you like Maximum Ride? If so, you're in luck, because that happens to be what this month's featured roleplay is of! ^^ Miss_Alice was the one who created Fly With Us, where you can play both avian-humans (for those who haven't read MR, that's basically humans with wings) and their enemies, the erasers (human-wolf hybrids - think a furry version of the hulk). Even if you haven't read Maximum Ride, it's a greatly enjoyable RP. :3

Interview:

What inspired you to create the roleplay? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
I believe I had finished reading the fourth book by the time I got the idea. I had also RPed on another forum that was MR, until *sadly* it was deleted for no new posts. I was so bored, so I decided to make one here. Uuuh. I think it was around the end of summer, or the start of school... I dunno. xD

Have you enjoyed running the RP? Is it challenging?
I enjoy it very much actually! Very Happy It's fun seeing people create bird kids and erasers. nod The challenging part is keeping up: people post like crazy! And another challenging part is when people create new characters and I totally forget to post them up or I don't even see them...

Do you feel it's going well? Why or why not? Are there any upcoming changes?
Yeah, I think it's going pretty well. Much better than when it started. Really, It was only me and Amanda posting! Then it became so much more popular, which was great. I made the second thread a few weeks ago and I was crying I was so happy. *fail*. I really don't have any upcoming plans, but that might change after I read the 5th and 6th book..

What is it about the RP that you think its members enjoy?
Uh, I dunno actually. xD Maybe because it's based off the MR series, which is becoming more and more popular... But hey, there's always the joy of making a person with bird wings! I mean, come on... there's lots of fun in that.

What part of the roleplay do you enjoy most?
All. Of. It. Very Happy

Second runner-up: Rose, Mist, Bramble, Storm, Half, Vamp, and Were - shadowsowner888

~`~`~Member~´~´~
Hiii everyone. It's me! :3 I run the site, and I guess that's all I have to say. XD

Interviews:

What originally made you decide to join our little community? ^^ Where did you hear about it?
Once upon a time, there was a little person named Shadow who decided she wanted to make her own website when she was eight. So she tried learning HTML, but failed. Later on in life she realized that there was free software to create your own websites, so when she was struck with inspiration for a writers' site, voila!

Why are you a writer? How long have you been one?
I write because it's writing, dude. I've been one for seven years now, and the feeling of making up these alternate realities never ever will get old. :3

What's the reasoning behind your username? Do you have any cool nicknames?
Shadow was my doggie, who died . . . so this is my memorial to him, even though when I first used it (on Neopets) he was still alive. And eight is like the best number ever, so. XD And I do quite have some cool nicknames . . . the one I'd particularly like to mention right now, though, is Woda. Dude Avvy wanted to give me a nickname, so she turned my name backwards and took a portion of it. applause Now I rhyme with Komoda and I'm cool like the jedi master Yoda and when I get to drink soda - okay, sorry, I'm done now.

What was the first thing you ever wrote for fun?
A fanfiction of American Dragon: Jake Long. That was like my favorite show ever until my mom decided I couldn't watch it anymore. D: Sad days.

What's your favorite color and animal? Why?
Bluuu. Because it just pwns, yo. No, just kidding, because it's gorgeous and it matches me so well! ^^ And my favorite animal is a dragon . . . hmm . . . I really should choose a real animal sometime, but oh well, it's not gonna happen. XD

What kind of music do you like, and why? Is there any music that you find particularly inspiring?
I love all kinds, especially bands like All Time Low or Fall Out Boy. But the music I find most inspiring is by Evanescence and Owl City. I can just turn on their albums, and while I love their music, it's also really easy for me to tune out while listening to them, so I can write distraction-free. Plus, either one of them usually is able to set the perfect mood for my writing. So it's totally perfect. applause

What part of Twig do you enjoy most?
*runs around screaming while avoiding the question*

Congratulations, you're the new site owner! Just kidding, but pretend for a moment longer. What's the first thing you're going to do?
Yeah, Shadow, what would you do?
I would start a monarchy! I would be the king and boss everyone around!
Cool. ^^ I like it!
And of course, Shadow, you would be my right-hand-man. *-*
Aw, why thank you, Shadow! :'3 That makes me so happy to hear.

Second runner-ups: rattyjol, Komoda, and SaddleClub

And . . . I'd like to say that this is the last time I'm allowing myself to be nominated for featured member for a nice long while. Other people need their turns, too! I wanted to step down this time and let the runner-ups take the floor, but Pugs wouldn't let me. XD

But, because I insist that I don't deserve to be featured again, I'm not changing my username color. (And also because it kinda messes up the order of things . . . complicated to explain, but yeah. XD So I'll be in the featured group, but my color won't change.)

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 7/2/2010, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Featureds for June 1312Featureds for June 2412Featureds for June 3349Featureds for June 3548Featureds for June 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Featureds for June Empty Re: Featureds for June

Post by Komoda 6/2/2010, 10:23 pm

Ahaha, I loved that both of out featured stories' authors used "nommy boys" in their interview. ^u^

Congratz to all of winners and runner ups! :3 Y'all did great.

EDIT:

Shadow was my doggie, who died . . . so this is my memorial to him, even though when I first used it (on Neopets) he was still alive. And eight is like the best number ever, so. XD And I do quite have some cool nicknames . . . the one I'd particularly like to mention right now, though, is Woda. Dude Avvy wanted to give me a nickname, so she turned my name backwards and took a portion of it. Now I rhyme with Komoda and I'm cool like the jedi master Yoda and when I get to drink soda - okay, sorry, I'm done now.

Omg. XD I first used my username on Neopets too.

Last edited by Komoda on 6/2/2010, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/2/2010, 10:23 pm

Congrats everybody! applause

(Aw, you mentioned 'Woda'. xD Don't get me started on the song again. There once was a girl name Woda, she was best friends with Komoda, she drank lots of soda... )
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 6/2/2010, 11:00 pm

Congrats everyone. ^.^
Komoda wrote:
Shadow was my doggie, who died . . . so this is my memorial to him, even though when I first used it (on Neopets) he was still alive. And eight is like the best number ever, so. XD And I do quite have some cool nicknames . . . the one I'd particularly like to mention right now, though, is Woda. Dude Avvy wanted to give me a nickname, so she turned my name backwards and took a portion of it. Now I rhyme with Komoda and I'm cool like the jedi master Yoda and when I get to drink soda - okay, sorry, I'm done now.

Ditto here, 'cept it was my usual cattails190 rather than Kiriana.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/2/2010, 11:09 pm

Komoda wrote:Ahaha, I loved that both of out featured stories' authors used "nommy boys" in their interview. ^u^

Congratz to all of winners and runner ups! :3 Y'all did great.

EDIT:

Haha, I loved that too! XD I very nearly made a comment about nommy boys myself when talking about the stories, but I was in a hurry, so I decided not to.

Zomg, we have so much in common! applause

Avé wrote:Congrats everybody! applause

(Aw, you mentioned 'Woda'. xD Don't get me started on the song again. There once was a girl name Woda, she was best friends with Komoda, she drank lots of soda... )

Don't get you started?! Why not? I love that song! :O

Kiriana Shadeweaver wrote:Congrats everyone. ^.^
Komoda wrote:

Ditto here, 'cept it was my usual cattails190 rather than Kiriana.

Yay! Very Happy We can all relate now!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Featureds for June 1312Featureds for June 2412Featureds for June 3349Featureds for June 3548Featureds for June 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 6/3/2010, 6:44 am

'Gratsies to everybody! :3 -zooms out of rhyming- =_=

Avé wrote:Congrats everybody! applause

PM me the song! sinister

SHAD ;;; I know what you mean though. By the 'color mess-up' thing. DX
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/3/2010, 7:58 am

Congrats to everyone. :3 I don't have anything to say, really. Except for, yay! Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Featureds for June 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvPink 6/3/2010, 10:09 pm

Congratz everyone!
LuvPink
LuvPink
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1568

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 6/4/2010, 12:56 pm

Congrats everybody! (:
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 6/4/2010, 5:49 pm

Congratz everyone ^__^
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/4/2010, 7:13 pm

'grats to 'em all. |-) (contended smiley.)
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/20/2010, 2:16 pm

xD I just noticed this:

And . . . I'd like to say that this is the last time I'm allowing myself to be nominated for featured member for a nice long while. Other people need their turns, too! I wanted to step down this time and let the runner-ups take the floor, but Pugs wouldn't let me. XD

Hehehe, you deserve it! And you know you wanted it. xD *hands chocolate cake*
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordor 6/20/2010, 10:55 pm

Woda?
Have you guys ever heard the Yoda song by Weird Al?

xDDD
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2069

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/21/2010, 3:18 pm

^^; Well, okay, maybe. Fine. *glomps chocolate cake*

I've heard it! Very Happy I think. XD Either that, or it was my friend singing it. But I know the original version, so it was almost the same!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down