The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Fundraising Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fundraising Ideas

Post by Cyn431 on 6/6/2010, 3:56 pm

So if you've read the blogs I really need to get back to, you know that I was really hoping to get into this one choir that is really supertastically awesome.

I GOT IN.

And they're going to Poland!

But the tour is going to cost at maximum $4k.

My parents are doing their best to stay on budget simply to keep me in the program, so anything over a thousand bucks on a tour would be off the scales of debt for the family.

Thankfully the tour isn't mandatory, as no concert requiring extra money to perform is mandatory, but I do know this choir tours internationally every three years and hopefully I'll still be in it to go on a tour three years from this upcoming one, and even then I won't go lower than the one I just upgraded from and the two of them both do national/continental tours every now and then. So I want to have the money to be able to go on these trips in the future. My parents said in order to do that either A) my sister recovers from autism enough to eliminate medications, B) we get x10 better jobs, C) I start fundraising. I think I'm stuck with C. But I have no idea what the heck I should do. D:

Before you start running off a million bajillion ideas, I'm going to direct your attention to my little age slot somewhere under my TWS widget. Yeah, see that? I'm twelve, thirteen in about a month, so that limits my options.

So I know you guys are really smart peoples and all, and I was wondering if you had any ideas on what a really young teenager(-in-a-month) can do for money, hopefully enough to be able to pay for a humongo tour in three years? grin [Even if it can't go up to 4k, I think it'd be nice to know when I need to start earning money myself in order to buy Wii games, music and whatnot. (:]

Thanks,

--| Cyn
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Re: Fundraising Ideas

Post by Akeria on 6/6/2010, 6:46 pm

In my school, we sell water-bottles, but that's not very exciting... Lemonade stands may seem kind of old-fashioned, but if you couple it with iced coffee, you're sure to sell some.

Also, you could do some sort of pet-sitting, dog-walking, lawn-mowing thing around your neighborhood, and if your parents let you, babysitting is always great.

You could also do a carwash with some of the other people in your choir, and then split the money evenly. Me and my friends did this to pay for a four-day trip to NYC, and that coupled with selling the waterbottles led us to only having to pay about thirty bucks for the trip.

Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 6/6/2010, 7:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Keri. (: Ooh, I like the idea of adding iced coffee to the stand.

If my friend wasn't already a pet-sitter/dog-walker, I'd probably go with that one right off the bat. I might try babysitting...

Wow, that's pretty sweet. Very Happy As soon as I meet some other people (I'm only officially friends with like two or three kids in the choirs and I only know for fact about one of them upgrading) that need the help as well I'll if they agree to it.
Also, quick question if you don't mind, how much did that trip cost?
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria on 6/6/2010, 7:44 pm

That one cost about 1500, but we didn't fundraise for very long, only like a few months, so if you start early, and do it for a while, you should be able to cover the length of the trip.

Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! on 6/6/2010, 7:51 pm

Like Keri said, a car wash is a good idea. My soccer team did one to pay for a tournament, and we made enough to go to the tournament plus like, a bunch of extra. nod

You could always try a garage sale, too. I know sometimes those dont work too well, but if you sell old clothes you have that don't fit anymore, movies, or books, then that might work (those always seem to sell pretty well at the garage sales I've done).

Or you could do a bakesale with your choir and split the money; people sure do love their cake products. nomnomnom
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol on 6/7/2010, 12:25 am

Well, first of all, everything everyone else said. xD Second (and this would probably be more for when it's getting closer to the trip itself), set up a fundraising site and send a nice, long, polite email to all the adults you could possibly squeeze a couple dollars out of, explaining about your choir and the trip and how you really really want to go, and tell them thank you in advance several times, and about how every penny helps a lot, and it would appreciate it so much if they would send you whatever they feel is a good amount to help you. And third, you could see if the whole choir could set up some kind of fundraising event, like a walk-a-thon or something, and do the same thing and split the money (or just take what each of you raised). nod

And, by the time the trip comes around, you'll be old enough to get a real job, because I think the legal age is like fourteen or fifteen or something. nod
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria on 6/7/2010, 5:58 am

Actually, I think the legal age is sixteen... Because I'm going to be sixteen this summer, and I already have a job interview for the day after my birthday. xD

Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol on 6/7/2010, 10:36 am

Oh... never mind, then. xD
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 6/7/2010, 3:47 pm

Pretty much, what everybody else said. Yard sales are good for getting rid of old items you don't need anymore, and, if you can, you can also double it with a lemonade stand. Try selling cookies or other baked goods at a lemonade stand, too.

Akeria wrote:Actually, I think the legal age is sixteen... Because I'm going to be sixteen this summer, and I already have a job interview for the day after my birthday. xD

Where I am, the legal age for a job is 16, but at my high school I know that if you're 14 or 15, you can get a permit to legally get a job.
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top