The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

I...I don't know what to do!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I...I don't know what to do!

Post by Sharkbait on 6/17/2010, 12:53 pm

Okay.

I just heard from my friend Tori that there is this couple, who if they EVER find a dog off of a leash on their property, they would take them to the pound. I asked my dad what he would do in a situation like that, where our dog, Pepper, is in the pound. It costs $75 to get her out of the pound, and as I thought, he said there was no way he would get Pepper out. Next door, at Tori's, they have 6 puppies(Two that are 4 months old, four that are 6 weeks old, three males and three females) that they are trying to find homes for. I have taken a liking to Clark(I call him Bently, but it's unconfirmed), and they will probably leave in about two weeks(The 6 week old puppies, I mean). I'm very worried for Pepper, and I wanna keep Bently. What should I do? I was gonna post on FB to see if some friends could take Pepper, and that way we could see her at least once a month. Should I do the post? I'm so confused.....

HELP!!!

~In other news~

My count for TwigWriSum ish.....

*Drumroll*
OVER 45k! :DDDD

and....

I'm gonna work on a story about dogs named Homebound Very Happy
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2811

Back to top Go down

Re: I...I don't know what to do!

Post by rattyjol on 6/17/2010, 8:30 pm

Can't you just keep Pepper off their property? Keep her in the house.

(And I just want to point out that there's a movie (based off a book with a different name) about two dogs and a cat and it's called Homeward Bound...)
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait on 6/17/2010, 9:00 pm

We can't keep Pepper indoors. She destroys screen doors, like she did two days ago (Plus the fact me dad is at the last straw D8)

Also, Pepper is miserable here. She used to protect chickens, which she can't do anymore. That's why I think I should, and I probably will.

((I know that movie Very Happy Believe me, this is nowhere close to that xD I just needed a really cool name...soo...yeah...xD))
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren on 6/17/2010, 9:27 pm

Well, if the dog is unhappy, then yes, please give it to someone else (I didn't mean that in a rude way, just so the dog is happy Wink)

But, if your dog now (Pepper) is unhappy, would Bently be happy? And unless these people who take dogs to the pound are your neighbors, how would any dog of yours get in their property?

Also, if it was me, I wouldn't give up an old dog for a new dog. See if you can make Pepper happy again.

lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait on 6/17/2010, 9:41 pm

To first statement: We probably will Wink

To if Bently would be happy: Probably, mainly because of this fact:

We got Pepper when I was....*Tries to remember* 3. I couldn't train a dog at that age, so my mom trained her. She made many many MANNNNNYYYY mistakes in her training. Mainly the greatest mistake was that she didn't train her to come when called outside. I want to become a dog trainer when I'm older, so I won't make the grave mistake that she refuses to undo happen. Bently will come when I call him outside.

To the question about the neighbors: Pepper goes outside without a leash. She always has been, except for the few times we gave her walks.

To the last part: The only way to do that is to let her live on a ranch. She LOVESSSS ranches, and has been fully trained to protect chickens. That was how she spent most of her life. I agree, I wouldn't do that, but I believe it's for the best, no matter how much I don't want her to go.

Man, I watched WAAAYY to much Ace Attourney walkthrough videos today and yesterday...*Brain explodes*
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 6/17/2010, 9:47 pm

Keep a leash on her at all times whether you're holding it or not, so even if she does go loose and on their property, she's technically on a leash so why would they take her to the pound? smug Unless you don't want to be a Smart Alec like I tend to be, then don't do that. xD

Anyways, if Pepper really is unhappy, maybe you should give her to a friend. All dogs are innocent, remember that, it's just that some of them didn't listen to their parents when taking etiquette class (or were never taught as you've suggested), so why should someone innocent be harmed? It isn't fair. (And like Lauren said, I don't mean that in a rude way. no)

Whatever the case, don't feel like it's your fault though, just in case you are, because if she can't do what made her happy before, she can't, and even dogs just have to put up with the crap that life can be. Besides, you didn't inflict harm to her on purpose or commit animal abuse or anything, correct?
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait on 6/18/2010, 8:56 am

My mom won't let me do that....xD

*Agrees* nod

Correct. I agree. *Goes to FB to post about Pepper*
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren on 6/18/2010, 11:20 am

Well, I think you're smart and you've got a good mind about the matter, so I hope everything turns out okay Wink

lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: