The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

The Tutoring Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homework Help

Post by Jade on 3/23/2010, 1:10 pm

WI has a homework help center, so why can't we?

If you can help...
If you could help out so people with their homework please fill out the form below

Subject(s) you could help in (It's pretty much a given everyone here is good in literature/ english, so unless you say not to, I'll add everyone on the literature list xD:
Grade your in (optional):
Strongest Specific thing you could help with, within your chosen subject (example, if I said Literature I might say Character analyzing):

Then we'll add you to a list and people can PM you if you need help with that subject'

If you need help...
You can PM one of the people on the list and they can help you out a bit, BUT they won't do your homework for you, it's simply a way to give you extra help.

The all knowing list:
ShadowSowner888:
shadowsowner888 wrote:

Subjects: English, science, math (as long as the people aren't in geometry yet)
Grade:
Freshy.
Strongest in subjects: For English, grammar and improving writing. For science, pretty much anything, but physical science is fresh in my mind since that's what I've been doing this year. xD (No, it's not about people, it's about the world. xD) And math . . . anything but unsolved formulas and geometry, though I'm average, but I at least know what I'm doing so I thought I'd put myself in there. xD

Last edited by Jade on 3/26/2010, 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tutoring Thread

Post by shadowsowner888 on 3/23/2010, 6:02 pm

I'll gladly help! :3

Subjects: English, science, math (as long as the people aren't in geometry yet)
Grade:
Freshy.
Strongest in subjects: For English, grammar and improving writing. For science, pretty much anything, but physical science is fresh in my mind since that's what I've been doing this year. xD (No, it's not about people, it's about the world. xD) And math . . . anything but unsolved formulas and geometry, though I'm average, but I at least know what I'm doing so I thought I'd put myself in there. xD

(Credit to Forry for this picture.)
shadowsowner888
Admin

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 3/23/2010, 6:29 pm

I like this idea. Smile I'll be a helper!

Subjects I Can Help In: Math, Spanish, pretty much anything musical, various sciences, a bit of Social Studies.... Essentially I'm an all-around person.
Grade: 7th, but I take a high school math and Spanish course.
Strongest Area:
Math- um... not geometry or trig. Not even sure what calculus is. xD Otherwise I'm OK to go. Spanish- Basics, food, location, activities, grammar, spelling. Music- Well, all I can really do over the computer is sight-singing. Science- Genetics, Astronomy and Anatomy--but not so much Anatomy. Social Studies- World Geography Like I said, all around person. xP

Sorry I'm not exactly as specific as you'd like. Razz If that's a major problem I could try to clean up my form.

Last edited by Cyn431 on 3/24/2010, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 3/24/2010, 6:29 pm

Subjects: Math, English, a little bit of Civics (from what I remember of last year), a little History/World History, Spanish (I'm not that good at it, but I get the actual changing verbs and stuff)
Grade: 9th
Strongest Area: Math- up to algebra 2, which I'm in now. But not geometry, trig, or calculus. Spanish- basic words, conjugation, changing verbs to past tense, subject-verb agreement. English- um....anything, I guess. I can't think of specifics right now. Civics/History/World History- pretty much anything basic. But I wouldn't know the history of other states, only mine. Smile

I can go into more specifics, if needed. But I think this is a really good idea for a thread. Smile
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade on 3/26/2010, 3:14 am

I'll be adding everyone's later!!
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

The Tutoring Thread

Post by B on 7/2/2010, 9:10 pm

So it basically describes itself. If themods/Shadneed.have to close it, that's alright. ^^

Algebra

Pre-Algebra

Anything Related to Math

Language Arts/English

Science/Biology/Chemistry

Band/Chorus/Orchestra

Role-Playing (Yes. RPing.)
Malicious Nightmares

Other Stuff That I don't remember. XD
Spanish,Geometry and Political Science-Cyn
Mythology,Spanish and History-Ratty

Post if you CAN help! Smile

Last edited by Smirf on 7/3/2010, 1:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Aven on 7/3/2010, 12:52 am

Singing. ROFLOL I'm way too quiet and embarrased easily, aaaaaand I am too airy. My voice is really low, and when I make it high pitched it's just...yuck. If someone needs a sample I'm sure I could give a youtube link to my singing.
Aven
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna on 7/3/2010, 11:32 am

I need help with PE. xD

But this is a good idea. Smile

Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 7/3/2010, 11:48 am

*waves hand in air* I can help others with any of the topics provided (well, not so much Orchestra and Band, maybe a bit of Orchestra if I'm lucky, but I can definitely do Chorus) as well as Spanish, Geography and Political Science. nod
As for things I need help with... Same with Ari, PE. xD

I do remember Jade putting up a Homework Help thread, but it was quickly sent to the archives. I'm glad this is getting put up again though. (: Good thinking, Smirf!
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna on 7/3/2010, 11:51 am

I'll go and flag that, Cyn, if you haven't, so the threads can be merged. Smile Now that I think about it, I do faintly remember it. xD

Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by B on 7/3/2010, 12:52 pm

Please close my thread. Thanks.
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna on 7/3/2010, 1:27 pm

Don't worry, your thread doesn't need to be closed; it's been merged with the original thread. Smile Haha, I guess it kept you as the owner even though you don't have first post anymore. xD

Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by B on 7/3/2010, 1:30 pm

Yeah it's freaking me out....very...confuzing actually. 0.0
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol on 7/3/2010, 1:32 pm

Subject(s) you could help in: Math, mythology, and maybe history (depends on the time period)
Grade your in (optional): Going into ninth
Strongest Specific thing you could help with, within your chosen subject (example, if I said Literature I might say Character analyzing): For math, Algebra 1. For mythology, I'm strongest in Greek and Roman, but I also know Egyptian and a little bit of Japanese, Buddhist, and Chinese. For history, I'm pretty good at Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Feudal Japan, Medieval Europe, and American History, but I can probably help with other things too.
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares on 7/3/2010, 1:33 pm

Smirf wrote:So it basically describes itself. If themods/Shadneed.have to close it, that's alright. ^^

Algebra

Pre-Algebra

Anything Related to Math

Language Arts/English

Science/Biology/Chemistry

Band/Chorus/Orchestra

Role-Playing (Yes. RPing.)

Other Stuff That I don't remember. XD

So mainly, post if you need help. Someone will see you and they will hopefully PM you.

I can help anyone with;
French & RPing as well as Poetry, if needed.
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 7/3/2010, 1:52 pm

I posted what I know on the previous thread, so I guess you can just use that instead of me copy and pasting it in again. I think my post is pretty self-explanitory.
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 7/3/2010, 4:19 pm

@Ari: Okay, good idea. nod

... Eh, I'll fill the form out again just so I can clean it up. My last posts were so cluttered. xD

Subject(s) you could help in: Math, English, Spanish, Science, Social Studies, Choir/Chorus, Role-Playing, some Technology.
Grade you're in: About to enter eighth, though I've taken high school classes and taken high school exams.
Strongest Specific thing you could help with, within your chosen subject:
Math- Algebra (1). I can do anything really but trigonometry, calculus and geometry beyond first grade. XD
English- Anything conventional, like spelling, grammar and punctuation. (It's much more complicated than you think.)
Spanish- Anything at all, especially conjugation and more conventional things.
Science- Earth, Political (Razz) and Genetics.
Social Studies- Geography all the way.
Choir/Chorus- Again, anything at all, but I don't know how much you can do online...
Role-Playing- How to be more elite, which would be package-dealt with character development in my methods. I can also do templates, I guess.
Technology- Eh, troubleshooting.
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top