The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Most ever users online - SATURDAY the 31st at (vote for the time, link inside)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Most ever users online - SATURDAY the 31st at (vote for the time, link inside)

Post by Johnny Gal on 7/7/2010, 3:42 pm

XD it would be like a little PARTAYYY! lol i think it would be kinda fun to have a goal to work up to. the record has been replaced and set higher twice in the last like... five days. i don't think thats very fun if there isn't a challenge. like... we should set the goal and then have something to try to beat.

But thats just my opinion.

Thanks!

- Johnny
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 781

Back to top Go down

Re: Most ever users online - SATURDAY the 31st at (vote for the time, link inside)

Post by Cyn431 on 7/7/2010, 4:19 pm

Cyn's Original Post:
I don't think we're starting to argue over it being "not fun" or anything, but I would like to point out that people find fun in different things. Some people think American Girls are awesome while I don't understand why anyone would go crazy over a $200 doll. Some people like Sonic the Hedgehog and others prefer Spyro the Dragon. Some people like to chat on the phone twenty-four-seven while others enjoy playing Band Hero. It all depends on taste.

My personal opinion is it's more fun when you know about the event so time is provided for excitement to build up and then PARTY! If it's random, while it is more of an accomplishment, it's just this little "Oh, cool". Normal life continues.

Of course, it's not like this is mandatory or anything, just a little public party. (: I don't mean this to be taking offensively, but it's not something like switching over to MyBB. At this point we're all going to MyBB no matter what (unless we quit Twig, but no one in their right mind would do that granted they weren't being held against their will), but it's a choice to join in on this little plan.
Read the post if you dare. Somehow all my lengthy posts of opinion tend to lead to disagreements, disappointment or arguments, so I'll leave it hidden but readable in case someone's interested. ._.

Last edited by Cyn431 on 7/12/2010, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal on 7/8/2010, 9:21 am

Cyn,
i don't think it will lead into anything bad! i thought you made a very valid point, and that there is fun at both ways you look at it. i tried to describe that in my post before, but i went off on random peanuts and stuff. your message is very straight forward and I liked it! do you mind if i put it on the front page?

- Johnny
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal on 7/12/2010, 12:38 pm

*edited*

we need more inputs... any more suggestions?

Last edited by Johnny Gal on 7/12/2010, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 7/12/2010, 2:22 pm

Please don't bump posts like that, Reeses. Wink It's okay to bump them if you actually have something to say, for example, "We need more posts, anyone else have input?" but just saying "bump" is considered spam no matter what.

(Credit to Forry for this picture.)
shadowsowner888
Admin

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B on 7/12/2010, 2:24 pm

Cyn431 wrote:
Cyn's Original Post:
I don't think we're starting to argue over it being "not fun" or anything, but I would like to point out that people find fun in different things. Some people think American Girls are awesome while I don't understand why anyone would go crazy over a $200 doll. Some people like Sonic the Hedgehog and others prefer Spyro the Dragon. Some people like to chat on the phone twenty-four-seven while others enjoy playing Band Hero. It all depends on taste.

My personal opinion is it's more fun when you know about the event so time is provided for excitement to build up and then PARTY! If it's random, while it is more of an accomplishment, it's just this little "Oh, cool". Normal life continues.

Of course, it's not like this is mandatory or anything, just a little public party. (: I don't mean this to be taking offensively, but it's not something like switching over to MyBB. At this point we're all going to MyBB no matter what (unless we quit Twig, but no one in their right mind would do that), but it's a choice to join in on this little plan.
Read the post if you dare. Somehow all my lengthy posts of opinion tend to lead to disagreements, disappointment or arguments, so I'll leave it hidden but readable in case someone's interested. ._.
Ohmigosh, I luff Spyro!!! XD
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 7/12/2010, 3:16 pm

Johnny Gal wrote:Cyn,
i don't think it will lead into anything bad! i thought you made a very valid point, and that there is fun at both ways you look at it. i tried to describe that in my post before, but i went off on random peanuts and stuff. your message is very straight forward and I liked it! do you mind if i put it on the front page?

- Johnny
*whew* No arguments as of yet. xD

You can do that if you want. nod

B wrote:
Cyn431 wrote:
Cyn's Original Post:

Of course, it's not like this is mandatory or anything, just a little public party. (: I don't mean this to be taking offensively, but it's not something like switching over to MyBB. At this point we're all going to MyBB no matter what (unless we quit Twig, but no one in their right mind would do that), but it's a choice to join in on this little plan.
Ohmigosh, I luff Spyro!!! XD
Really? cheesy Woo hoo! You just got, like, forty-four extra win points from me.
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares on 7/12/2010, 3:19 pm

Cyn431 wrote:
Cyn's Original Post:

Not everyone is exactly goin to move over.
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 7/12/2010, 3:25 pm

Ah... Good point. xP Allow me to add one tiny little note so instead it says:
... (unless we quit Twig, but no one in their right mind would do that granted they weren't being held against their will)
Considering that is basically your situation.
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal on 7/12/2010, 9:00 pm

alright, thanks everyone!

oh and sorry Shadow... the 'time is near' XD and i didnt know how else to get this to the front. Smile ill edit it Smile

- Johnny
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal on 7/15/2010, 8:47 am

The voting for the day has ended. the day will be two weeks from this Saturday.
so the 31st. hope to see you all there!

i am now making a poll for the best time to get on.
Thank you to all that voted!

i will post the link to the new poll when i am finished making it
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl on 7/15/2010, 4:00 pm

I think I have to take a small trip that weekend, but I'm not sure. We probably won't have internet access there, and my parents get mad if I'm on my laptop too much so... Razz
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 7/15/2010, 4:12 pm

Twig actually may be in the process of being transferred around that time, though. xD We're hoping to have it finished by then, but if not . . .

(Credit to Forry for this picture.)
shadowsowner888
Admin

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal on 7/15/2010, 6:33 pm

crap XD lol well we might have to move it again... hmm. i will think about this XD
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 on 7/16/2010, 1:36 am

I'm neutral on this idea, and I won't even be on, 9 out of 10 chances, during July 22nd to August 4th. And my best buddy Cassie won't be on. So it's not a good day for me. Anyway, I voted for 3 AM [Eastern] but for me on my vacation, would be 2 AM. So, yeah.

Going on to the actual idea. I think it'd just be better if it wasn't planned, personally. Meaning-- "Oh wow! Look Cyn! 60 members are on right now!" opposed to, "Yay! We beat our record! Woot! I'm gonna talk to all the others online now,". Just I get a little more out of it [amazement] when it by total surprise. I don't know, just my opinion.
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Gal on 7/16/2010, 8:38 am

cool thanks! im not sure its going to work anyways with only 40 or so people voting XD
Johnny Gal
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top