The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Chasers

+13
DiscardedHarmony
KoryStar18
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
catbuster
littletoes101
rattyjol
Willow
Nightowl
Akeria
DreamCatcher81
PugsRock
Jade
shadowsowner888
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wolf Chasers - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolf Chasers

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/29/2009, 8:31 pm

You're welcome!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Wolf Chasers - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/29/2009, 10:03 pm

I love it. Very Happy Awesome plotfulness and ideas and such.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 8:57 am

Thanks Sparrow! Very Happy

I have more, but should I post it now? xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Wolf Chasers - Page 2 1312Wolf Chasers - Page 2 2412Wolf Chasers - Page 2 3349Wolf Chasers - Page 2 3548Wolf Chasers - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/30/2009, 12:16 pm

Yes! You should post it now! Very Happy
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 12:17 pm

Okai. =3 Then I'll go get it from the other cpu!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Wolf Chasers - Page 2 1312Wolf Chasers - Page 2 2412Wolf Chasers - Page 2 3349Wolf Chasers - Page 2 3548Wolf Chasers - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 12:27 pm

A sigh escaped my muzzle. It’s not fair. Why didn’t we get to go too? I mean, sure we never even asked . . . but still. Suddenly, my morose face became excited, and I grinned. What if we went chasing those wolves on our own? Who needs a big group!

Scia whooped out a cheer. All right, Lupa! That’s my buddy I know and love.

Are you sure? Aila asked quietly. What if we get in trouble . . . ?

I snorted, rolling my eyes. We won’t get in trouble. Since when has Draco ever said the younger Essenced can’t go? Plus, I’m a Tri-Year, and you guys are having your ceremonies within the week.

But what if . . . what if . . .

It’ll be fine! Now come on, let’s go! Scia interjected, and we scampered off to find some Wild wolves.

Chapter 7

I snuffled along the ground. We’d found a trail left by a Wild wolf or two, luckily within a few minutes, and now were tracking it. Aila was treading quietly, as if even snapping a twig would bring hordes of Essenced tribe members out to rebuke us, but Scia and I were fearlessly tromping along. Although, we were doing our best not to be overly loud, in case we came along the Wilds unnexpectedly.

Suddenly, the scent became stronger. Aila, can you climb a tree and look around? I think we’re getting close, I said. Moaning a little, she bumbled over to a tree, and nervously scuttled up to the top.

After a moment, I called, Can you see anything?

Suddenly, there was a shriek, coming from the tree. I bounded over to the tree trunk, peering up anxiously, and a moment later Scia was darting up after Aila. Whimpering with curiosity, I continued looking up, rearing onto my hind legs to try seeing better.

Suddenly, Scia screeched, and flew back towards the trunk with an alarming speed - but didn’t come down. Her eyes were wide with terror as she stared down at me. Lupa! Run!

What?!

Suddenly, there was a low growl behind me. I slowly turned around, and found myself staring into the bloodthirsty maw of a Wild gray wolf.

The monster was huge, as all Wilds were; as big as an elephant. It’s fangs were glistening and pearly, and its unintelligent eyes were filled with a desire to kill.

I let out a yelp of terror, hopping a few steps backwards, and then turned to try running away. But that was when it lunged at me, and I let out a bloodcurdling shriek as the monster’s teeth bit into my arm.

I was going to die here; we were all going to die. And it was all my fault. If only I hadn’t gone wolf hunting . . . if only I hadn’t chosen this place to hunt in . . . if only I didn’t have to put my friends in danger as well.

I looked up for them at this thought, but couldn’t see through the haze brought on by my pain. The wolf’s jaws snapped through the bone, and I screamed again, accompanied by shrieks from Aila and Scia. “Lupa!!” Scia cried out.

Oh, who cared about the others. They’d be fine - there was only the one wolf, and it had gotten me. I was going to die here, whether I liked it or not.

The wolf shook me like a rat, and then I flew through the air, only to thud against the ground a moment later. I let out a shout as pain flashed through me, and then teeth sank into my upper arm - the good one.

Just then, a furious snarling erupted from nearby, and there was a flash of blue. Then the wolf let out a yelp, and the pressure vanished from my leg. I whimpered with pain, still unable to focus on anything. What was going on?

There was growling and snapping coming from a few feet away, one from a cat-like mouth, and the other from the wolf. A roar of pain from the cat, and then a high-pitched bark from the wolf. And then somebody thudded to the ground.

I struggled to figure out what was going on, and my vision slowly cleared. I saw a bright blue lion standing by the collapsed wolf, and then it all blurred out again. I moaned, a sound that came out sounding like another whimper. One like you’d expect from a dog that just got hit by a car, but certainly not from a wolf!

“Lupa,” said a surprisingly earnest voice - surprising, because it was Leo’s voice. His voice, not his mind. “Can you hear me??”

“Le . . . o?” my voice was barely audible - but when it came out a soft growl, I remembered that I was still in Essence form. I tried again - Leo?

Someone above me screeched, and several claws scrabbled down the tree. Then there were two soft thumps. Is she okay?!

“Just give me a second,” Leo replied with irritation. “Lupa! Can you change back?”

Tired . . . It wasn’t a very intelligent response, but I couldn’t manage more than a word at a time. But I tried all the same, and by the more prominent feel of the forest floor, and a subtle muting of the sounds and smells around me, I gathered that I was human again.

Someone’s arms scooped me up from the ground, and I was cradled against . . . Leo’s chest? My eyes fluttered, and for a second I could see that Leo was indeed carrying me. “Not good, not good, not good,” he muttered to himself. “Lupa - your arm’s broken. And you lost a lot of blood. Can you understand me? Are you conscious?”

I nodded faintly, but it was hard finding the strength to do even that.

Something that sounded like a growl rumbled in his chest, and he began walking back towards camp. “Scia, Aila, go ahead to tell the others. The first Tri-Years you find, tell them what happened.”

Okay, answered a pair of panicked voices, and then Scia and Aila raced away towards camp.

“Leo. It hurts,” I mumbled, doing my best to see what was going on.

He exhaled. “I know, Lupa, I know. I’m sorry, I-” Leo stopped abruptly, and then continued, “Everything’s going to be fine. Just hang on.”

I whimpered, and shut my eyes.

Chapter 8

“Lupa! Lupa!” was the first sound I could identify when Leo finally got back to camp with me, a wailing from my mom. “Lupa! Are you okay?!”

“No, she’s not,” Leo snapped, answering for me. “Where’s the medic?”

“Perin!” my mom shouted, still governed by worry. She raced away, to go find Perin - he was the medic here.

“Lupa, are you awake?” Leo asked.

“Nngh,” I moaned.

“Where is she?” Perin’s voice called out. It was a bit nasally; Perin looked slightly nerdy, although he was probably attractive under the glasses. He raced over. “Quick, bring her to my cabin.”

Soon Leo had laid me down on a clean-smelling cot, and Perin’s clammy hands began working on me - taking my pulse, checking my blood pressure, and a few other things. I think Mom and Scia and Aila were in there too, along with Perin, and Leo of course - for some reason, he was still here. Before I could dwell further on this, though, Perin put a mask over my face and told me to count as high as I could. I didn’t even get to two before I fell asleep.

I woke up to find stitches on my left shoulder, and an itchy cast over my right arm. It was dark outside, and crickets were chirping . . . I was alone, except for my mother, sleeping in a chair nearby, and Leo. My eyes widened a bit when I saw him. His hard face softened an iota when our eyes met, and I struggled to sit up.

“Careful,” he warned me, coming over to help when I gritted my teeth in pain. Why did I have to have two bad arms? He helped me get situated in an upright position, propped against a pillow, and I sighed with relief when I could just lie still again.

“Why?” I asked him, looking up into his eyes and trying not to swoon.

He glanced at my mom, and then back to me. In a barely hearable voice, he murmured, “You’re worth it.”

I fought against swooning yet again, but couldn’t help blushing. Quickly, I ducked my head to hide my red cheeks. Leo chuckled to see this, and I glanced up to find a disorienting smile on his face.

“But you hated me when we met first . . .” I trailed off, hoping he’d help me make sense of it.

His smile became a grin. “I could hardly let you think otherwise, could I? I needed to keep my rep - especially for the sake of everyone watching.”

I smiled despite myself, and turned even redder. Leo bent down, slightly tilting his head so that our lips met for a few seconds. “You need to rest,” he said after that, chuckling a bit to see me fight against my drooping eyes.

I shook my head.

“I won’t leave. I promise.”

Giving up, I sighed, letting my eyes close. “Fine,” I muttered, and fell back asleep.

The next time I woke up, the sun had just started to rise. What had waken me was Perin, checking my heartbeat again, with Leo watching. My mom was still asleep.

“Hi doc,” I yawned.

Perin sighed in response to the nickname. “Good morning, Lupa. How are you feeling?”

I shrugged. “Annoyed with my arms.”

“Do they hurt?”

“Pretty much, but not too bad.”

He nodded. “Well, I think it’ll be fine for you to leave. Just go easy on yourself, and no changing shape until the cast comes off."

I shrugged, yawning, and tried again to get up. This time Leo came to help me right away, even though Perin was watching, until he was confident I could stand.

My foot cautiously moved forward, and then I took a few steps, only to nearly fall. Leo caught me just in time. He helped me the rest of the way out, and nodded over his shoulder to Perin. “Thanks for taking care of her.”

“It’s my job,” he replied.

I snickered as the doors closed. “We’re leaving mom to sleep in there?”

Leo chuckled. “Why not?”

There were others up by this point, but none of them were outside; I could only tell we weren’t alone by the lights that shone in some of the cabins. Ignoring them, Leo continued helping me all the way to my house, until I could plop down on the sofa. He sat down beside me, though, instead of leaving like I’d originally assumed. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” I replied, snuggling up against him - hopefully he was okay with this, but I was feeling brave. Luckily he didn’t seem to mind, wrapping his arm - gently - around my shoulders. I sighed, smiling, and laying my head against his shoulder.

By the time my mom made her way back over here, Leo and I had turned the television on - although, I was still snuggled against him. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she walked over.

“Hello, Cana,” Leo said, nodding to her, acting as if it were entirely usual that he should be sitting here with me like this. I just watched her.

“Er, hello, Leo . . . Lupa,” she added, with a questioning look at me. I just grinned, the smug happiness plain on my face, to which my mom rolled her eyes as she went up to her room.

“She approves,” I said, giggling.

“Hardly,” Leo chuckled. “More like doesn’t not approve.”

I made a ‘blah’ face. “My brain can’t understand that right now,” I informed Leo. He rolled his eyes.

Chapter 9

Leo hung around quite a while. He was still with me by the time Scia and Aila barged in - or rather, were let in by my mom. They pranced over eagerly enough, but then they became shocked to see me there with Leo.

Leo sighed quietly, but I just smiled sweetly at them. “Hi.”

“Are . . . um . . . you okay?” Scia asked, eyeing Leo.

“Yep.” I grinned. “I’m fantastic.”

“And . . . why is he here?” Aila asked quietly, unable to contain herself.

“Well, um, see-” I struggled to form a coherant explanation, but Leo just squeezed my shoulder a bit in reassurance, and so I let him explain.

“We’re together now,” he said simply, to which I nodded quickly, lest he think I felt otherwise.

Scia cackled, and raced out. “Oooh, wait till I tell Feli!”

“No, wait!” I wailed, leaping up to my feet with effort. But Scia was gone.

“I’ll go stop her! I’ll try to, at least!” Aila said, hurrying after Scia. Groaning, I just flopped back down beside Leo.

“Whyyyy,” I whined. “Feli’ll hate me.”

“If she does, it doesn’t matter.”

What?”

“Well, if she hates you over some guy-” he grinned “-then she’s obviously not a very good friend.”

I wrinkled my nose. He was right, but I’d still hate to have her turned against me. “I guess.”

Next part on page 6, post 6.

((x3 I'm a romance freak.))

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 10/17/2009, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/30/2009, 12:41 pm

*shrugs* I'm a romance freak too. [That was really good, by the way.]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 12:51 pm

Thanks. x3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/30/2009, 4:47 pm

Hehe. I am too. And I loooooved it!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow 8/9/2009, 12:45 pm

I like this!
Willow
Willow
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/9/2009, 1:32 pm

Thanks! =3 I'm glad you do.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/22/2009, 4:28 pm

Haha. It's probably a good thing that we like it! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/23/2009, 9:18 am

Ya. xD Lol.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 8/27/2009, 7:13 pm

Hello. Very Happy I think you should post more, dear Shadow. When you have time, of course.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/27/2009, 7:31 pm

Heya! x3 I'm glad you like it enough to actually say so, lol!! I'll add more as soon as I've written more, but right now Dragon Soul is my priority. Smile
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 8/27/2009, 7:32 pm

That's cool. I was just checking in since this hasn't been posted on in a while! Smile
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 8/27/2009, 7:52 pm

This is really cool. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/27/2009, 7:56 pm

I'm glad you liked it enough to do that! Very Happy

Thanks Keri! x3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/18/2009, 2:50 am

Awesome. Awesome awesome awesomeawesomeawesomeAWESOME!

Did I mention it was awesome? cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/18/2009, 9:07 pm

grin Why, thank you, Ratty!! Haha, that's probably like the best comment I've got on this story. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by littletoes101 10/11/2009, 8:32 pm

write more
littletoes101
littletoes101
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5640

http://www.thechildbooks.wikispaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/12/2009, 6:46 pm

I will when I can . . . I have a lotta other stuff on my plate, so it might be difficult. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/14/2009, 3:48 pm

I love it Shad!!! Please write more soon please please please!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 10/14/2009, 8:47 pm

WRITE MORE.
Please?
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Wolf Chasers - Page 2 Siggy Wolf Chasers - Page 2 Siggy Wolf Chasers - Page 2 Siggy Wolf Chasers - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 10/15/2009, 6:02 pm

I will as soon as I can. Maybe tonight if I have time, but tomorrow if not, hopefully. Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next