The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~The Feline's Thief ~ (Edit: Chapter 2 finished)

3 posters

Go down

~The Feline's Thief ~ (Edit: Chapter 2 finished) Empty ~The Feline's Thief ~ (Edit: Chapter 2 finished)

Post by Novastare 7/19/2010, 8:49 pm

Maturity: Some graphic violence, nothing distasteful or very gory. Little bit of romance, kissing might be possible. Fantasy: Umm, there's a lot! First of all it's a bit different then our world, but it has the same names of states and things. History is a bit different, so if you see anything wrong with that part, it's meant to be there. A bunch of fantasy with talking cats and felines and things. Lets just say there's a lot!

Template for the chapters is coming soon!

Prologue:

Years ago, man discovered a rare gene in the domestic feline's body. As soon as they tried to remove the cat for testing, all the scientist who were there just collapsed. When it happened in multiple places, with no sign of any harm to them, they discovered the true power of the feline. They concluded that by simply looking at something, the feline eyes could expose their soul and remove it from the body. Daily the media and government fought over what to do with this. Finally, the government acted. They gathered all the domestic cats and sedated them. After that, they took their eyes and removed them from the feline's body. The felines found that they could not see the souls of the guards. This was because each guard was said to be injected with canine DNA. Their faces and bodies were to be covered in black metal so the media could never find out what they were made of. Rumors and lies by the government spoke about only using enough to block the cats. It was said to do nothing to the soldiers, but who knows what it could have done. They decided that dogs were the only animals who truly could not be harmed or touched by the cat's powers. And so, all the dogs were gathered to be tested on and used in case another epidemic broke out. However, a bizarre happening in the world begun once it was said that all known cats were blind. Lions, tigers, leopards, any wild feline was said to have simply disappeared. They found, however, this there was much more to this problem then met the eye. To protect themselves, New York built a wall around their city. They said it was to keep things out, but really, it was to keep us in.

Chapter One:

"Where is the diamond of Rah?!" Came a voice, the deep chambers of his lungs making it echo throughout the building. Felix simply ignored him, blowing misplaced hair from his eyes. Then came the violence, Felix knew it was bound to come sooner or later. A swift punch to the face knocked Felix's head back and sent lose hair flying into his face. The dirty blonde twenty five year old, simply laughed and spit out some blood from his mouth.

"If I knew, don't you think I would have said it five punches back?" He explained, grinning as he turned his eyes to look into Damian's. It was quiet for a moment, the empty building simply stood still in time. Shafts and floors of unfinished work were the only witnesses from miles around. I suppose a few people walked by the creepy old building, but nobody cared what went on in there. It was dirty part of town, cat's eyes were sold and traded. Of course they didn't work for humans, but they sold for a lot on the black market. The real theft took place three miles from there, but Damian didn't want blood all over his new carpet. Felix had managed to hide the diamond when he came out of the mansion, but he was not so lucky with his life. Damian gave Felix another swift blow to the head. Felix's chair almost fell to the side, but he managed to take it without a word.

Then, a hiss from above echoed through the building. Damian shot his eyes up toward the ceiling. "Blind cats don't climb!" He said, struggling a bit nervelessly as he tried to pull out his flashlight. Felix grinned at the comment and spit out some more blood. The two stayed silent as the flashlight reveled the top layer of the building. Two eyes appeared from the shafts and Damian dropped his flashlight. "Impossible..." Was all he managed to say, before he fell to the ground. Felix closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them, a cat set in front of him. "About time Shade, I was starting to think this job was getting old for ya'." The cat rolled his eyes and proceeded to chew off the bindings. Without moving his lips, the cat spoke.

"Felix, don't you think we should be saving the world instead of causing more trouble?" The cat said, once finished with the ropes. Felix stretched and popped his back.

"Nope, there's time for that after I'm rich." He said, picking the cat up. Shade rolled his eyes again, as Felix put him in one of his pockets. Felix wore a trench coat often, simply for hiding things. Not only that, but the outside was bullet proof. "Now to remember where I hid that diamond." Felix stated, walking out of the abandoned building.

It was thirty minutes past five O'clock. The fumes of exhaust pipes and old garbage waiting to be taken, filled the air. Felix strolled down the street, hands deep in his pockets. He only needed to walk two blocks before he was back into the higher life of the city. Cars whizzed by, and the distant sounds of shoes and high heels mixed into the chaos of New York. The smells drifted past and changed at every building. From Perfume, leather, fresh clothes, and new books of the higher class, to Hot-dogs, hamburgers, Great Danes, and children of the everyday New Yorkers. Shade let it all pass through his senses, not really minding that he couldn't see anything. I mean at least he had eyes. Every so often, Felix would stop to look up. At some places, you could spot a cat or two with eyes missing or a blind fold around their head. Felix would shrug it off, he knew that some cat had to be worse off, and at least he was stuck with a rare cat that had eyes.

Felix flexed his shoulder and stopped at a rather old apartment building, on the edge of town. It set just out of the water and seemed to squeeze between two small houses. Felix walked in the old door and the creek of the door nob was heard throughout the lobby. The lobby, though small, fit a fairly large TV set. Felix walked passed the odd characters he saw often, and struggled his wounded legs up the stairs. Shade was bumped up and down whenever Felix took a step. The cat was so used to now, that he would often fall asleep on the way home. Felix finally arrived at fourth floor of the five story apartment. He was the first door, the chances were high being on the end, seeing as there were only four rooms every story. He reached down to his pockets and pulled out the key. It was on a rather long chain. At the top, right above the key, there was a change purse that was small enough to fit into his rather small pants pocket. He opened it up and a diamond fell into his hands. He scratched the back of his head and let out a laugh as Shade jumped out. "Oh, so thats where I stuck it!" He said, smiling as he opened the door. Shade ran in to the small room and jumped on the bed. The bed was only big enough to fit one person, but beside it was a tall cat tree. The small room had carpet all over, except tile in the small kitchen. It held a fridge, a sink, a burner, and that was pretty much it. When you walked out of the kitchen, you were in the living room/bed room. There was a couch and then at the end of the room, a bed. The cat tree was also covered in carpet and looked very expensive. It stretched 7 feet wide and stood 8 feet high. The cat tree had two rooms, and a bunch of hiding places. Inside one, the lower room, there was a small cat bed and a bowl of food and water. Inside the next room, at the top of the cat tree, there was a safe and cat treats seemed to be put there often.

Chapter 2:

"You know I can't keep your treasures safe forever." Shade stated, watching as Felix walked over to the safe and started to key in the combination. His fingers glided over the buttons and gently pressed several, before they both heard a click!

"Yes, I know, but it's just for awhile." Felix said, placing the diamond inside and locking it back. Suddenly, the phone started to ring. The phone set on a small coffee table in front of the couch. Felix ran to it, but his expression changed to shock as he saw the caller ID. "MOTHER!!" He yelled, holding the phone down, as if it would pick itself up.

"Don't worry Felix, she changed her number, thats probably somebody else."

"Oh, you think so?" Felix answer, picking up the phone. It was quite between the two, then everything broke into Chaos.

"FELIX!? Felix is that you!!?? Listen to me child your father would have never le-" She screamed, but was cut off as Felix held his hand against the talking and listening end of the phone.

"Why you good for nothing cat!! I can't believe you made me talk to her, AGAIN!! UGH!" He yelled, then he let go of the phone and held it up to his ear. "Yes mother dear, I know father never intended me to fallow in his footsteps, but I am making pro-"

"WHAT?! Progress? You could barely lift a fork when I saw you scream out of this house!!! If your father knew, he would cry!!! You're not suppose to steal!!!?? I thought I taught you that!!" Felix's mother screamed, then relaxed into a bursting of tears and cries.

"Uh, but, well, it was my choice, not your-"

"Don't even think about talking back!!! I'll bet your as stupid as your father and will be in jail in no time!!! WHY?!!! Why did heaven curse me with such awful family?" She said, calming just in time to wipe some tears.

"What's that mother? I'm braking up, there's a terrible storm outside!!" He said, suddenly making wind sounds with his mouth and kicking an old popcorn tin can from beside his bed. He grabbed a phone book and shook it hard, for thunder effects. "AHHHHH!!! Nooooo!!! Looks like the storm has ripped off the roof, and all my belongings!!! NOOOO!! I'm going to die mother, I love you!!! BYE!!! MOTHER!!!"

"Oh shut up! I read the news report five times you-" Her voice was quickly silenced by Felix hanging up the phone. His face seemed like it was on fire. He gritted his teeth and turned slowly toward Shade. The cat set there, in sheer terror, putting his ears all the way back to his neck.

"Now Felix, lets talk about th-" Shade was cut off as Felix ran toward him. Shade screamed and jumped to the highest point on the cat tree.

"Get back here you furball!!"

Last edited by Novastare on 7/26/2010, 10:40 pm; edited 7 times in total
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

~The Feline's Thief ~ (Edit: Chapter 2 finished) Empty Re: ~The Feline's Thief ~ (Edit: Chapter 2 finished)

Post by Novastare 7/19/2010, 10:40 pm

Okay, added chapter one and the finished part. Finally!
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

~The Feline's Thief ~ (Edit: Chapter 2 finished) Empty Re: ~The Feline's Thief ~ (Edit: Chapter 2 finished)

Post by Medwin 7/22/2010, 12:50 am

I really like this! (: There's a couple things I wanted to point out though. One, when someone starts speaking, start a new paragraph. Two... well, I'm not really pointing something out, I just have a question.

It had carpet all over, except tile in the small kitchen. It held a fridge, a sink, a burner, and that was pretty much it. When you walked out of the kitchen, you were in the living room/ bed room. There was a couch and then at the end of the room, a bed.

What is 'it'? Is it the apartment or the cat tree? I'm thinking it's the apartment, since I don't think there's any reason for a cat to have a kitchen, but, this is kind of a fantasy story. If it is the apartment, I would suggest saying so, just for clarification. ^_^

Anyways, I can't wait to read more!
Medwin
Medwin
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 7/22/2010, 11:11 am

Thanks, yes I'm aware of that. I do need to go back and start those, sorry. It's kind of confusing sometimes, but I think I got it. I'm not sure why I kept it all in a paragraph, I think I just didn't want to spread all over. Then again, I will diffidently go back and change that.

It is the apartment, wow I didn't notice that. Thanks!! I wrote this last part very late at night. My mind was quite just flowing and not thinking. Lol, I will fix everything. Thank you so much!
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by almightykey 7/22/2010, 5:41 pm

I'm now following it so you better follow mine hahahah!!!
almightykey
almightykey
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 79

http://justforjokes.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 7/22/2010, 5:45 pm

Awesome, I will!!! I'm very curious as to what it's about!
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by almightykey 7/22/2010, 6:04 pm

i am too XDD
almightykey
almightykey
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 79

http://justforjokes.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 7/22/2010, 6:59 pm

Lol, nice!
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 7/26/2010, 10:43 pm

More Added!
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down