The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ ||

4 posters

Go down

& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || Empty & that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ ||

Post by Cyn431 7/20/2010, 11:57 pm

& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || Blogbannerbase

The Playlist

Today this playlist lacks a theme, simply because I felt like being lazy. It does have some kind of purpose though, if you feel like listening anyway.

1. Fascination, by Alphabeat. Haven't I used this song before? Yes? No? Oh well. I decided the first three songs would be songs I knew that had stupid or curvy (aka not straight, or not created while the director was sober) music videos. Not only did this one's music video fit that category, but it felt like it came right out of a Barney episode from the seventies if they existed then. Well, sort of. Just too many happy colors and an overly vigorous male singer. Shudder.
2. Blue (Da Ba Dee), by Eiffel 65. Ah, remember this song when it first played on the radio? I like to imagine the Mario Brothers are singing this about Waluigi, considering Eiffel 65 is supposed to be categorized as "Italian Eurodance". smug Ooh, or or or, the guys from that one Japanese Mario Kart DS commercial that Mo showed people on her blog, yeah, those guys could be singing it while racing. *.* Anyway, um, about the music video, just find the official and look at the highest rated comment before viewing. It'll make enough sense.
3. After the Fall (Live '83), by Journey. Originally I wanted the real version, but the only one out there was claimed to have been "unavailable". If it was unavailable, they should have removed it or something. Sigh. But anyway, this song has an odd music video as well despite the song's awesomeness as well as Jonathan Cain's eighties hotness... *cough* Um. ^^; He really is good looking today considering he's sixty. Try to find an image of him on the back cover of the album Revelations (or whatever it's called), he looks epic.
4. Subdivisions, by Rush. Ah, my musical obsession of the day. So if the first three were music video fails, what's the last one supposed to be? IT's the epic song that blows them all away and says, before translated to eighties terminology, "HAHA EPIC FAIL LOLOLOLOL u sux." Maybe you get what I mean. Anyway, at least listen to the lyrics, or go look them up. Rush's songs are always so meaningful. *.*

... Reality Check.

I wonder why I have so much difficulty writing a blog a day now. Maybe it's my deeper interaction with the outside world these days. I didn't even change all that much. All I did was start getting party plans and walking the dogs a bit more, and BAM! here's school, and now I don't know what to think of what's keeping me back. My procrastination's probably getting in the way too. Eh.

So, let's see, what did I do yesterday? Not a whole lot. I played Guitar Hero, got kicked out by my younger autistic sister, and then I watched stupid people on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader, and then there was dinner—Aldi pizza instead of my grandma's sukiyaki we were going to have (the food went rotten)—and at the end of the day I wanted to watch Whose Line Is It Anyway when it was replaced by The Secret Life of an American Teenager.

What is the point of Secret Life? I'm just going to go with what Newms told me, and that it's just about a bunch of stupid teenagers hooking up and having babies while futilely trying to hide it from their parents. Well, I added that last little bit myself, but yeah, point made. I don't know what age group this is directed towards, but if it's anything below sixteen, I'd feel pretty uncomfortable. Tweens and younger teens like me probably shouldn't be watching that kind of stuff. (I'll give an exception to Glee because it's not focused on Quinn's pregnancy.) I'm not sure if any of us have the whole picture as to what an immature pregnancy is like. I'm not calling any of Twig's members my age stupid or anything, but I have a feeling we've all got to admit that we may be a bit ignorant, perhaps. Maybe this little idea Newms and I are brewing up could change that in a good way.

Wow, that was a big ramble, and it wasn't even done by Mr. Scatterbrain. That means now I have to say something random... Um... Woo hoo I just killed a gnat that was on my thigh by slapping it! invisible trampoline Eh heh... I want ice cream.

So what happened today, might you ask? Pretty much the same thing. I played lots of Guitar Hero—I beat One Big Holiday on Expert Guitar! Finally!

I also finished Vampire Academy. I've never used my blue pen so frequently on a book. ;_; My mom says I should send it to the editor with all the errors blue penned and ask for my money back with a correction fee attached. Sounds like a decent idea if you ask me. She also said at the end I should add: "P.S.: I'm thirteen and I'm looking for a summer job." That would actually be a good summer job for me if summer weren't about to end. I love my mom.

Later on I watched Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader again. This guy was particularly... Er, idiotic. Apparently humans only have one vocal cord in his book, and that was the final first grade question he lost all his money on. In addition to that, he also thinks the color complimentary to green is yellow. Sigh. But whatever. At least he didn't go home with anything. mwahahaha

I do question one thing that was on that show though. Today I learned that in the Treaty of Tordesillas from 1494, The Pope gave half of the world to Spain and the other half of the world to Portugal. First off, how does he have the right to do that? I mean, I'm pretty sure back then they still only knew about Europe and India, maybe a few other various parts of Asia and Africa, but still. It wasn't like Europe had complete control over everything. Or the Pope. Now, since I'm only a Cultural Christian I can't say anything for sure about the Pope and what he owns and rules and all that jazz (he has a Twitter though!), but... Eh. I'll just shut up before I get to my second thing.

And tomorrow I get my first shot in ten years. It's the Diphteria shot I think. If I don't take it, I'm not allowed to go to eighth grade because the school is stupid like that. Plus it's like the only vaccination that my sister's doctor recommends I take, so I'm pretty ticked off about the situation. Wish me luck and a free Blizzard from Dairy Queen.

TWIGWOOD
in Valentine's Day

I feel like such a butt for letting FullMetal Alchemist down last time and not giving him a second chance tonight, but when Twigwood returned from his vacation, he said he wanted things fair and from the eeny-meeny-miny-moe list, so that's what he got. Valentine's Day won, so... Eh, it's only fair. ._.

Now, about this movie... I have just about no personality sources on these guys, and I've never seen the movie, nor do I intend to. It's just a million different romances happening in one movie. Vantage Point sounds more entertaining, and I sat through that like I was the statue of Abraham at the Lincoln Memorial or something. But hey, all these characters will make up for an exciting casting.

Reed Bennett
He sounds like a guy that likes to give out advice, even if it somehow doesn't always work for himself. That's all I got. An advice giver... Hm... Mo's a very great advice giver! ^^

Julia Fitzpatrick
She's a teacher that seems to be adored by everybody and is good at catching the attention of those that matter to her, and is also very good at giving advice, particularly to those younger than herself. This makes me think of Newmsie. :3

Grace Smart
There's not a whole lot on here about Grace, but judging by a quote of hers, she seems like an ignorant girl who's good at being witty or sarcastic. Disregarding the ignorant part... Hm. Who here is good and witty... Well, Avvy's nice and witty. But I feel bad giving out this role based off of that description I gave. Um... I dunno. Avvy will have the role once I feel better about handing it out.

Alex Franklin
Again, the lack of information thing is going on, but I can tell he's a musician of some sort. Having said that, and keeping gender in mind on this one, I say Gri gets to be Alex. nod

Willy Harrington
Ah, I love the font Harrington. But not the point at all here. Willy sounds like a very supportive, smart athlete running person based off of what I'm reading. Hello Noah! hi there!

Felicia Miller
By the sounds of it, Felicia is also a rather intelligent, supportive girl who cares a lot about those around her, and isn't afraid to show it (just like Willy, might I add). Hummity hum hum. This sounds like something that would fit Little Miss Muffin over here. ^^

Those seem like the only roles that I can get enough information on and are significant enough. Eh. I dare you guys to look up who played each of these guys and see who you'll now be playing as. XD

THE SCATTERBRAIN SPECIAL

Why Avé Thinks Lady Gaga is Awesome
I almost put Mr. Gaga, but then I remembered this wasn't my opinion.

Anyway, I guess some people—no, a ton of people—think that transgender musicians that sing about getting high and drunk and all that other juicy mature stuff while adding a good deal of Auto-Tune is cool. It's a very unique yet copied style these days that has to be done precisely a certain way in order for it to work. And if that's what she likes, then that's what she likes. I won't add any more of my personal opinion into this ramble, I'm already pushing it.

Hyde's Kitten Noise
I'm in a hurry now because there's a storm half the size of Missouri that's about to hit my house and the power might go out, so just go to this link and be amazed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iATYaspLPio

Mr. Scatterbrain's Skin Color
Don't be racist! :O But he's blurple, just to let you know.

Six
Hundred and sixty six? Sense? Strings on a guitar? S's?

... I don't know.

Ham Sandwich
Yum.

Parachute
They're this awesome band that performed the song Back Again. Go look it up on YouTube after you listen to Hyde's kitten noise. Or play it on Band Hero, I dun care.

RIP
I say that to Billy Mays, and the Slipknot guy who died (I feel so terrible not knowing his last name... His first is Paul... Is it Paul Gray?), and my cat Daisy, and the frogs that have been dying, and Patrick Dempsey.

Snore
It's what my parents will be doing any moment now... *puts on ear muffs*

Footos: The Fresh Fighter
It'll help you overcome stuck parking spaces, limoes blocking the street crossing, and backstage security guards!

*quote from Gri because she has no idea what this is*

I have to get questions in fast before the power goes out ahhhhhh. D:

1. Do you have a storm half the size of Missouri coming your way?
2. How often do you get vaccinations, if ever?
3. What's the first form of entertainment you're going to assign Twigwood right now?
4. Mr. Scatterbrain's going to visit his friends at Easter Island, but he'll be working on the run. Except he doesn't know what to do. :O

Also, knock on Avvy's door and tell her she's much more awesomer than she thinks she is. I don't think she's giving herself enough credit when she deserves over ten times more, and then take that product and cube it. ^^

Toodles,

—| Cyn

10:53 PM

Original Word Count: 111157
Word Count After Blog: 113170
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || Empty Re: & that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ ||

Post by Avé 7/21/2010, 1:00 am

Oh yay, I'm ignorant. rolleyes

Geez. You really dislike Lady Gaga. XD But she's not like all the other artists out there! She actually has a good voice and her songs are really deep. nod

1. Do you have a storm half the size of Missouri coming your way? Well, I would hope not. D:
2. How often do you get vaccinations, if ever? Like... every year? Maybe once every two years?
3. What's the first form of entertainment you're going to assign Twigwood right now? ... I don't know. xD Although I do know he should give out parts for Twilight. (And no, that doesn't mean I like the series at all.)
4. Mr. Scatterbrain's going to visit his friends at Easter Island, but he'll be working on the run. Except he doesn't know what to do. :O Well, I hope he has a good vacation! But while he's gona, tell him to talk about The Hills and why it's so fun to watch it and make fun of how hilariously stupid they all are!

Gosh, I love this song, Blue. I AM BLUE I AM GREEN I AM BLACK I AM ORANGE PURPLE GREY AND PINK, YELLOW. My friends always sing it like that. ^^
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || Empty Re: & that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ ||

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/21/2010, 4:43 pm

1. Do you have a storm half the size of Missouri coming your way? No clue.
2. How often do you get vaccinations, if ever? Don't know when the last time was.
3. What's the first form of entertainment you're going to assign Twigwood right now? Anything depressing/violent.
4. Mr. Scatterbrain's going to visit his friends at Easter Island, but he'll be working on the run. Except he doesn't know what to do. :O . . .

And yes. Paul Gray was his name. [R.I.P. Paul Gray. {And.. The Rev}]
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2010, 5:51 pm

. . . awkward. XD So I have to date Noah now, huh?

1. OMG I WISH. :O
2. Never. >D I've got two in my life, I believe.
3. Hmm . . . idk. XD I really can't think. What about Mario?
4. Join the mafia! Very Happy That's what he should do!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 1312& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 2412& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 3349& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 3548& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/21/2010, 6:45 pm

@Avvy: Does that mean you're your own best friend? :O

You're right, (s)he isn't like others. no Don't know about the last part, and I guess people can like that voice just as much as they like Ke$ha's pre-pop voice (neither of which I enjoy), but you're right: nobody can meet that... unique style that is possessed by said artist.
Have you ever noticed how hard it is to speak of said artist without using gender-specifying words? xD

3. He did, but I forget on which blog... *goes to find it*
4. Yay for stupidity! applause

I just tried that. XD That is AWESOME.

@Tsu:
3. Hm... That makes me want to look into Inception. ^^ I don't know how violent it is, though.

That makes me feel better, like I'm not disgracing him or anything. Poor Paul Gray. D:

@Muffin: If he agrees with it, sure. xD

1. A fellow storm fan? smug
2. Luckyyy! :O I think I just had my tenth, and hopefully my last.
3. Mario! cheesy So adding that to the list.
4. And meet Mello? o:
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2010, 7:15 pm

1. Yes! Very Happy Although, they scare the crap out of me at the same time, mind you. I think this summer helped me get a little closer to getting over that, though, because we had a lot of storms and even a tornado warning already . . . but I was just calm.
2. Lol, my mom honestly believes that vaccines are pointless, and so she never lets us get em. x) She must be right, too, if I'm still alive!
3. Ya! applause
4. Yes. And, like, NOT cheat on anyone. Which I didn't do myself, of course. I'm done cheating! *hides behind hands* (Have I told you that I myself am a member of the mafia?)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 1312& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 2412& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 3349& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 3548& that's where love burns ♪ | now it's your turn ♫ || 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/23/2010, 8:12 pm

1. Totally understandable. I have a ton of fun during all of those things granted the lightning isn't within half a mile of my house. x.X Tornado warnings are the best. We get at least one every summer, and probably at least once a season.
2. I think the same thing! The only reason I didn't completely go mad at my parents was because it was required to get this vaccine to get in the school, and this was one of the very few—like, one out of two—that they were serious about ('cause you're also supposed to have the flu shot before you enter any of our buildings, but... Razz). Like, if we didn't show paper work proving we got the shot, I'd get kicked out. Despite the fact the teachers and curriculum are crazy, I rather enjoy the district.
4. Mr. Scatterbrain doesn't have anyone to cheat on. Sad
Woah. o: My friend's older sister asked me to join her mafia. I didn't learn for another eight months that it was actually just for a play. xD
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/24/2010, 10:19 pm

1. Ugh, tornado warnings are terrifying. XD Though last time, I barely freaked out . . . I felt so responsible, it was weird. After taking my treasured belongings to the basement, including a flash drive with all the contents of my writing computer, I went and woke my mom and sister up to take them downstairs too. (Everyone else had already gone down, you see.)
2. Lol, ugh, that's gotta be tough. XD I think my mom struggles with similar stuff . . . though she's decided that, if vaccines were ever mandatory, she'd just take us and hide away somewhere instead of getting the vaccines. . . . but that only applied to the swine flu one, I think, since there was a conspiracy theory going on about that.
4. Good! Razz
Lol, omg, that's amazing. x3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down