The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JULY TWENTY SECOND TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- To Mars, With Love

Go down

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JULY TWENTY SECOND TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- To Mars, With Love

Post by Akeria on 7/22/2010, 11:41 am

...to mars, with love
My name is Akeria. At least, that's what you can call me. I'm an opinionated writer. You don't have to read what I have to say, but take into consideration, you might want to listen. Use your ears, all of your senses as you read my blog posts. More often than not, they're deeper than what they appear.
June Nineteenth
Two Thousand Ten

Not today.

Acrobats must exercise to twirl and swing through circus skies. Babies get a workout, too; They crawl and roll and play with you. Cowboys often stay in shape by chasing cattle that escape. Dancers are especially fit; They jump and leap and seldom sit. Everyone can win the prize of strength and health through exercise!
[i]By Annisa L. Lamberton

Oh, my gosh. So much has happened these last few weeks. Not that any of you would care, but I'm working my butt off at work, trying to be a part of three (well, now two. One is over. Thank God.) shows, do my summer work and go to gym class from eight until eleven each morning. I'm exhausted.

I kind of just want to go to sleep, but I know that won't exactly work to my benefit... You can't get work done while you sleep. I wish you could, it'd make life a lot easier.

I met some really nice people these past few weeks through DailyBooth, YouTube and even facebook. People who inspired me to get moving, stop eating crap, and start eating healthy. I'd like to thank these people, I've lost three pounds. I know that it might not seem like much to you, but it was difficult, and I'm still trying. My goal is far from being close, and I just can't wait to get there. If you'd like to read more about my weight loss journey, you can go here to see it. I need to update it, so I'll do that right after I finish writing this.

Okay, so at work we build sets for the productions we do. It's hard work, and a slip of the hand could cost you a finger, but I'm careful. More careful than any of the guys, but they continue to tell me that I can't do it. Seriously? Is this a guy thing? So what if I'm a girl; I can still build sets! Heck, I built the ENTIRE set last year because the main builder guy didn't have any help, and he had no choice but to use me. But seriously? This year no one wants me to even have to move a piece that's already built.

I got news for you, guys. Girls don't like to be treated like they're inferior. I am not a feminist, but this is so ridiculous that it makes me want to scream, and I have. I said to this guy Luke, "Are you kidding, you don't want me to move this because I'm a girl?" To which he replied "It'll be faster if I do it." To which I said. "I don't care if it'll be faster if you do it. I'm doing it." And I did. It took me five minutes, because I refused help, but I did it.

But the thing is, half the time I don't do that. I don't stick up for myself and tell the guys that I have it; I just say "Fine." and walk away to go sit in the shade or clean the kitchen; because that's apparently all girls are good for these days.

People who discriminate really bother me. Against anyone. I don't care if you're gay. I don't care if you're black. You're still a person, whether your every color of the rainbow or just white. We're all the same.

No. I don't believe in God anymore. I'm not so sure if I ever did. To me, God is just a scapegoat for people who can't explain anything. "Why does the lightning strike?" "Because God is angry." NOOOOOOOO! Because as the Earth starts to warm this warm air starts to rise. If there is any moisture in the air it also rises with the warm air. This rising air and moisture starts to condense into clouds causing water droplets and frozen pellets to form. As the cloud grows there are updrafts and downdrafts within the cloud. These droplets bump into each other as they move up and down in the clouds. One theory is that the frozen droplets become negative and the unfrozen droplets have a positive charge. The heavier negatively charged droplets fall to the lower parts of the cloud and the updrafts carry the positive charged particles to the upper portions of the cloud. This is called charge separation. As these clouds grow into a thunderstorm more negative electrons form at the base of the cloud. When the storm clouds move over the earth, the ground underneath these clouds become positively charged since opposite electrons attract their opposite. There is also the repulsion of like electrons. As the negative base of the storm moves over, it actually repulses the negative electrons on the ground away from this area under the storm. The air between the ground and the cloud acts as an insulator between the two opposing charges, for the time being. The negative base of the clouds attract more positive electrons on the ground until finally there is a large enough charge of these opposite electrons to overcome the air insulator and there is a huge release of energy known as lightning.

That's why! God has nothing to do with that! I'm not bashing religion, I promise, I'm just saying that some of the ridiculous things that people at my work say. Ugh, it bothers me.

Like in my gym class; we're going to pick teams. Well, guess what? It was all of the hispanic people vs. all the white people. We called ourselves Caucasian Invasion. We're even making t-shirts. It was so racist! Seriously?

I was watching Wanda Sykes last night. (She's not exactly kid appropriate, but I'm mature and my momma lets me watch her) She was talking about how there's no such thing as "reverse-racism" there's only karma. And she's so right. I want to write her a letter telling her that she's the best, because she is.

In Avenue Q (amazing show on Broadway. It's like Sesame Street for adult. Adulty adults.) they have this song called "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist." It's so true. If your parents don't mind, you should listen to it, because it's true. I think the worst swear in there is like the worse form of darn...But it totally talks about how everyone is racist a little bit, and if we could all just admit that we are, the world would be a much better place.

I can't believe I had so much to say today... Wow.

So, you guys have met Miami, right? She's one of my best friends online. Well, we were trying to convince some of our other friends to join yesterday, and only one of them agreed, so Tink should be coming soon. (Be nice to her, guys... She's kind of shy until she gets to know you)

I have to go to work at 3pm. So glad I got all of this off my chest.

1. Do you believe in God?
2. Do you believe in reverse racism?
3. Do you have a better explanation for lightning?
4. What color socks are you wearing today?
5. Should I eat tuna, or ham?

There's a link above to my weight loss blog.

template created by Cyn

Last edited by Akeria on 7/22/2010, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JULY TWENTY SECOND TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- To Mars, With Love

Post by Arianna on 7/22/2010, 12:05 pm

1. Do you believe in God? What do you think, haha? Nope. Very Happy
2. Do you believe in reverse racism? Well, I don't exactly get what you mean by it. But I think that rather than everything being all 'yay, everyone's equal' people who are targeted often do the same, just other way. I'd try to explain but I'm hopeless at it. I just wish everyone could get along. ._.
3. Do you have a better explanation for lightning? You know, I hardly understood what you said. I'd rather explain evolution or something, haha.
4. What color socks are you wearing today? PURPLEEEE! Very Happy
5. Should I eat tuna, or ham? Neither!

I like the new template. :3

Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Re: RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JULY TWENTY SECOND TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- To Mars, With Love

Post by Akeria on 7/22/2010, 12:07 pm

Thanks, me too. Cyn made it for me, but I have something that I want to add to the thing about racism.

Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda on 7/22/2010, 12:22 pm

Augh, I'm sorry that you're having trouble with people being genderist. :/ I haven't really experience any of that yet; it's more men here that are being discriminated against. Although, it's likely when I become a police officer, I'll have to deal with genderism towards me a lot.

And Goddess, yes.
Yes, I do. I bothers me when people are racist. ._. People think I'm racist for liking Asian culture and whatnot, but I don't see the big deal. I don't bash on them for listening to English music.
Naw, you explained it pretty well... o.O
No socks yet. Just woke up.
Ham! D: Tuna's bad for your sinuses.
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna on 7/22/2010, 12:50 pm

I haven't listened to "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist", but I will. And I think that yes, it's true. We all are a bit racist. I am. You are. Obama is.

When you pay attention to someone's skin color rather than their moral worth then you're being racist. Or their gender, too. I once read this blog about people who were having talks at a jQuery conference. Now all of the people were men. They were white men in their thirties. And one person commented, well, that's not very fair, is it? And then someone else said, Well, you shouldn't be paying attention to the skin color or gender of the people, should you? And so I think I agree with that person.

Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé on 7/22/2010, 1:29 pm

1. Do you believe in God? Er, kind of. I guess my answer should be 'OMG YESSSS.' since I'm a Catholic, but I suppose I mostly just believe in some type of superior being out there. I could go into further detail but I won't.
2. Do you believe in reverse racism? Yeah.
3. Do you have a better explanation for lightning? No, not really.
4. What color socks are you wearing today? Haven't put on any yet, but I think I'll wear my black ones.
5. Should I eat tuna, or ham? TUNA. x3
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood on 7/22/2010, 1:43 pm

1. Do you believe in God? Yes, very strongly, actually.
2. Do you believe in reverse racism? Whats that again?
3. Do you have a better explanation for lightning? Nopee. You basically said what I know (The negative particles jump from the clouds to the positive particles in the ground) in a more scientific way xD
4. What color socks are you wearing today? Havn't put any on, but they'll probably be white, considering thats the only color I have..
5. Should I eat tuna, or ham? HAM.
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStar on 7/22/2010, 1:46 pm

No. Never have.

It's certainly possible. If one exists, so can the other.

Nope, you did pretty darn well. :3

Well, either my rainbow stripy ones or my grey stripy ones... I haven't put them on yet. But. XD The rainbow ones are black socks with horizontal stripes, each a different color. They pwn. 8D

...Chicken.
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 7/22/2010, 2:30 pm

1. Do you believe in God? Eh... Sort of. I mean, without doubt the world came from something scientific rather than religious, and I don't feel the need to devote my life to something no one can prove to be real, but I'm not going to say humans are the dominant species of the entire world. I'm kind of where my dad is: I can't say there's an omniscient being out there, but there's got to be something greater than human kind.
2. Do you believe in reverse racism? I'm still trying to figure out what that means (Wikipedia/Wiktionary is not helping). But, um, I'm agreeing with Ari's most recent post.
3. Do you have a better explanation for lightning? Professionally? Nope. In junior high language? I could try, but I could probably only go as far as a thunderstorm w/o lightning, which means my answer is once more "Nope."
4. What color socks are you wearing today? I don't wear socks around the house, and since I have no intention to wear any when I walk the dogs later in ninety-nine degree weather (well, it'll be cooler by then)... Um, is clear & transparent a valid answer?
5. Should I eat tuna, or ham? Ham! ^^

Ah, Avenue Q. One of my friends keeps urging me to watch that musical, and I really want to, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I know the song "If You Were Gay" though. I love that song. My friend has sang "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" in the hallway before (take note we were seventh graders at the time... eh heh), and I vaguely remember it, but since I don't fully I'm going to go find it on YouTube.

And congrats about the fitness! applause
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover on 7/22/2010, 8:49 pm

1. Do you believe in God? Sometimes, I really don't know. I kind of share the same opinion as Noah, and as Cynniemonbun--as hypocritical that may sound. There are some moments in my life where I'm completely, totally certain that there's a God and that I can pray and that that's going to make things better.
But there are other times where I can sit back and scratch my head and frown. I, too, am a hundred percent positive the world came around because of science, not religion. I don't think it's possible for any one kind of being to create something as amazing, complex, and wildly complicated as a world--or the universe, for that matter.
And while I do and somewhat don't believe in God, I do believe in positive thinking. Positive thinking as in, simply: If you put out positive thoughts into "the universe," positive things will happen. Basically, it's keeping your hopes up. Kind of that rule that if you believe you're going to fail a test, you'll fail it, but if you study and tell yourself you'll do great, you'll end up doing great.
2. Do you believe in
reverse racism?
Yes, I suppose I do.
3. Do you have a better explanation for lightning? Though I read a book on it a few years ago...no.
What color socks are you wearing today?
I'm barefoot! [: It's summer, I can't stand wearing socks in the summer, much less in the house.
5. Should I eat tuna, or
ham?
Tuna! =D

I like your blogs, I'm going to have to look out for them more often! [:
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 7/23/2010, 6:31 pm

1. Yes I do. Though I do have to agree with you that the lightning thing is pretty ridiculous . . . I always thought that it was dumb when people said stuff like that. My parents used to say jokingly say that, whenever we got hurt, it was because we sinned. Well, geez, seriously? xP Yeah, no, I don't think so. That's not to say I don't believe that God could cause lightning if he was mad, but . . . the way I look at it, he made this stuff work the way it works, and then everything just happens naturally, like he meant it to.
Though I don't mean to bash on your beliefs, or anyone else's. I'm sorry if that paragraph offended anyone.

2. Not sure I even understand it, so. xD

3. Omg, no. XD Lightning is not the thing I know the most about.

4. Invisible socks. smug

5. Tuna tastes better if it's, like, packaged ham . . . so tuna. Unless it's genuine ham.

(Credit to Forry for this picture.)
shadowsowner888
Admin

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down