The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memento Mori-Full Chapter 1 up- My TwigWriSum

2 posters

Go down

Memento Mori-Full Chapter 1 up- My TwigWriSum Empty Memento Mori-Full Chapter 1 up- My TwigWriSum

Post by silverwit 7/23/2010, 5:40 pm

I am back! With a new story as well!
I figured I would post the preview here to get some feedback and know if I should continue it or not.

Maturity: This contains mild graphic battle scenes and no romance.
Fantasy: This contains dream-likes monsters and creatures. This is a heavy fantasy.

-~-~-~-~-~-

A seemingly androgynous form sat in a darkened space. Emptiness surrounded her, giving her the essence of floating in the nothingness. Static danced about her, spilling itself over her thighs and crackling in her ears. She could hear it well, listening to its whirr and zip from moving around so rapidly. Its cackle was overbearing, yelling at her as she sat. Her stillness agitated it, giving it reason to spit at her quiet solace. However, she did not listen. She had learned to ignore the cries of static. The fickle electricity gave her no remorse, no regret. It was useless in her mind and she let that be shown. She showed no kindness to those she could not toy with. She needed emotions and such simple beings of nature didn’t have such glorious properties.

She bent over, wrapping her arms tightly around her calves. The static grew madly, spreading itself along her back and playing amongst her chin-length black hair. It tickled her lips and pinched her cheeks.

She spun frontwards, releasing her legs so they could spread out behind her. She floated with the static, feeling it move around her. She reached below, staring down at the inky blackness with bright green eyes. Her long fingers traced a thin abrupt line, their tips glowing.

“Shush.” She hissed and the electricity died down, fading away in to the nothingness.

The line was vibrant, giving off a hot white light. It ebbed and flowed, growing as it receded. She blinked rapidly as her eyes adjusted to the sudden radiance and she moved her arms about, floating upwards ever so slightly. The line formed in to a tight rectangle before stretching to the width of her body. Images splurged its insides, moving quicker then she could handle.

A groan escaped her pale lips. She swam to the rectangle, pressing her hand against its images. They slowed until stopping on that of a young human woman. Her painted face was pointed and chestnut hair pulled back in a tight bun. She wore red-rimmed glasses that hung loosely on her nose. The woman began to speak and she swam even closer to hear the words.

“World renowned artist Victor Agorski was shot and killed outside the Marriot hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada early today. The rumors surrounding his sudden death and his earlier experience with the infamous drug dealer Eric Nervando have yet to be expressed in the investigations. ”

She pulled back, watching as the woman’s speaking image changed that in to a moving picture of the famous hotel and yellow tape surrounding an area of its entrance. That was what had happened. That was why it was so dark and quiet. His section of the dream world had died along with his mortal body. How pitiful it was that the realm worked in such a way. Everything had vanished but herself. All his creations, characters and settings-Gone.

She sighed before bending back down to the rectangle and blowing gently. It shattered, breaking like a glass mirror. Its pieces fell away in to the darkness. She was alone yet again. At least, that was what she thought.

Her eyes widened at the beating of drums and a symphony of noise crackers. She pushed herself upwards, sitting cross legged now. A parade was heading straight toward her, monstrous and rambunctious. All sorts of beings made up both its in and outs. Oh what a chaotic and beautiful sight!

She stood staring at the procession, in shock. There hadn’t been such a display in ages; muses were much different with such things then that of humankind, both in appearances and customs. Though they usually shared the same facial and body structure; their habits did not require regular interactions with other muses. In fact, it was very rare for a sighting of two or more muses in the same area. Though understandable, meetings were sporadic and uncommon. It would be hectic if they required such relations with each other. They were meant to care for their owner’s creations. Characters were unruly if not strictly controlled and settings needed proper care or they would fade in to the empty background. The human mind kept any simple muse busy and a break was not as easily grasped as one would hope. This was how the world worked and no one dared question it.

She was not unlike all the other beings making up the parade. Though like humans none looked completely alike. In fact muses could have many attributes that the mortals could not possess. She, herself, was an example of that feat.

She was roughly at 5’10 and had long fingers on her gloved right hand that gave a clawed look. Her ears were feline-like and were arched atop her skull. Minus those peculiar features she had a humanesque appearance that held a slender beauty that couldn’t quite be explained through minimal words. She wore a tight rich-in-black sweater that would furl up at her waist every so often. Her pants held the same hue but was luckily not as fitted and required the decorated crossed-over belts hanging loosely around her waist. Her boots were worn and faded but topped off the darkened look she had obtained.

The most interesting feature of her get up was not the outerwear but the ring bladed scythe strapped against her back, giving her a slight slump in her stance. She had acquired the peculiar object through years of monstrous beings popping up in the settings and some of the villainous characters her owner had once created. It was also her weapon against the various nightmares that plagued through the dream world.

Any intelligent muse carried something to protect themselves with. She had picked her own to coincide with the work of her master. He had been a comic book artist that glorified the world of superheroes and anime. And with her little knowledge of the mortal world, she did not know that not every comic held a character with a fancy looking long-handled sickle.

Her ears tilted back, the parade was moving closer, literally walking on air. It was a spectacular sight and she enjoyed every moment of it. A smile had even formed on her pasty face. She side-stepped before taking a jump back to be out of the way. No need to get run over today of all days. She wanted to keep her health high.

The muses that filled the parade were made of all shapes and sizes. There were cats, dogs, birds, even a centaur. Some had no animal traits at all but had different skin shades. There were tall ones, short ones, round ones and even a flat one. Such a peculiar sight and she loved it all.

They waved make-shift flags of different colors and orientations. She even recognized one of the realms closest to her own. They shouted and cheered, all in languages she could not understand. The joy of their mad composure leaked in to her bones, parting her smile and pushing her to let out a small merrily clap of hands.

A bird fellow leaned out of the parade toward her. His cloudy eyes staring into her own. He held out a hand but she did not take it. He frowned at her but moved on, giving a loud cheer of excitement to the crowd. They in turn blew their noise makers and waved their colorful flags.

Her poor ears ached and all sorts of emotions ran through her as they continued past. Happiness, anxiety, confusion, irritation, and fear. She tasted them all. How could she not? Her body urged her to jump in to the crowd and go along, screaming at the top of her lungs but her mind held her back. It would be an irrational act and she didn’t even know where it was leading. Then again that would give her the chance to find out, no? She couldn’t remember ever leaving her creator’s realm and so this was a chance to do so. She could be shown something new that had never once crossed her path. It could easily be worthwhile.

She looked about, waiting patiently as the parade’s end approached her.

“Hpmh.” She jumped in to the back, stumbling and grasping the closest shoulder. The muse looked to her for her clumsy actions but only shrugged her off and allowed her to find her footing.

She moved with the crowd, but bit back the infectious cheers and yells. She wasn’t ready to try something that new to herself. She had always had a quiet, well-built composure and she didn’t feel the need to lose it now of all times. Besides, everyone else was being loud and there was no need for one more to be. Surely, they could be heard well enough without her help.

They steadily walked for an hour’s pass, going through multiple realms filled with different settings. Some were wild while others calm and serene. She often wondered just what the human was to create such sceneries. Shame she was never to know. Life was not always as fair as she wished it could be.

She pushed herself to the far side of the parade when the walking slowed and the cheering quieted. The realm seemed to hold a mixture of many others. There was a lovely cityscape with cobblestone streets. A sun shown brightly over the square in which they came to a halt. Stone-work columns lined the area with statues of saints and angels standing in between each column, reaching out to the world with cold hands.

The muses quieted before all giving a scream of approval, giving her a horrible start. She shook her head and shifted as close as to a statue as possibly, trying to escape the huddle. Her eyes grazed the scene, taking in all the details that many were passing over. She tucked in her breath, calming her shaking body. Her mind scolded her; spewing shouts of melancholy for not staying behind. This was all too much and a feeling of sick was moving up her throat. Oh how the world tormented her.

She clutched hold of the statue’s outstretched arms and pulled herself even farther from the crowd.

“A welcome to you all!” Came a shout from the north.

A cheer from the crowd.

She vomited on the angel’s base.

Last edited by silverwit on 7/24/2010, 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
silverwit
silverwit
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 46

http://silverwit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Memento Mori-Full Chapter 1 up- My TwigWriSum Empty Re: Memento Mori-Full Chapter 1 up- My TwigWriSum

Post by Komoda 7/24/2010, 11:51 am

This is amazing so far. I really love all the description you used... Absolutely phenomenal imagery. I hope you post more; I'll look forward to reading it for sure!
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Memento Mori-Full Chapter 1 up- My TwigWriSum Empty Re: Memento Mori-Full Chapter 1 up- My TwigWriSum

Post by silverwit 7/24/2010, 2:10 pm

oh thank you for reading! And I am glad you like it. <3 I'll definitely be posting more later. I am almost finished with the first chapter.
It is long though, just to warn you.
silverwit
silverwit
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwit 7/24/2010, 11:40 pm

Just an update that I added the full chapter.
silverwit
silverwit
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/24/2010, 11:59 pm

I'll admit, I normally don't read stories on here at all, but this particular one really has my interest. It all seems so intriguing and mysterious... I just love it. Great job with the rest of the chapter!
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwit 7/25/2010, 12:08 am

oh thank you. x3 I hope I keep your interest then! I'll be throwing in a lot of different things. <3 I should have the preview for chapter 2 up tomorrow or Monday. Depends on my schedule. But I really am glad someone is enjoying it! I was scared it may be too dark or fantasy for this site.
silverwit
silverwit
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/25/2010, 12:15 am

Ah, when more people see it, I'm sure they'll enjoy it. We have quite a few dark fantasy lovers here, I believe. I'm excited for the next chapter! Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwit 7/25/2010, 12:22 am

Ah. x3 I really hope so. I hate to sound braggy but it really is a good story.

Oh I wish I could tell you some of my plans!
Bah.
You were the first person to read it so just message me and I'll gladly give you some previews.
-is just too excited for all this-

8D
silverwit
silverwit
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/25/2010, 12:26 am

Ooh, I like previews!

*skips away to message*
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down