The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

& watch it burn ♪ let it die | 'cause we are finally free tonight ♫ ||

Go down

& watch it burn ♪ let it die | 'cause we are finally free tonight ♫ ||

Post by Cyn431 on 7/24/2010, 6:33 pm

Why - Rascal Flatts
Wow, that link boxed in so well with the rest of the playlist it's scaring me. It's probably only noticeable if you have the font Ravie, though. Oh well.

So anyway. Once more I got inspiration from Guitar Hero Five. I haven't even played it yet and I'm thinking about it... Hey, maybe that's why I'm thinking about it. ANYWAY. The song Sowing Season (Yeah) is on that game, as is Lithium, but I got the main idea from the former. For once this has nothing to do with romance, which may be a relief for a few of you, if any of you really care much about this portion of the blog (eh heh).

Oh, and please please please click the link to the last song on the playlist. Playlist.com didn't have it, so I had to get the official music video—or slideshow, rather, it's still on rascalflattsofficial though—but both the song and the video are so meaningful. So please please please click.

1. The Great Escape, by Boys Like Girls. The main reason why I chose this song was because of the lyric ♪ let's get drunk and ride around ♫, which ties in to the second song. It has more connections to the rest of the plot, though. Basically there were a bunch of kids that wanted to—well, get drunk and ride around, but when we go into song two...
2. Sowing Season (Yeah), by Brand New. ...we find out things didn't exactly go as planned. Take the first verse and you know that for sure. ♪ Was losing all my friends / was losing them to drinking and to driving / was losing all my friends / but I got them back. ♫ I like to consider the rest of the song as basically thoughts of suicide or something.
3. Lithium, by Nirvana. So why did I choose this song in particular? It seemed to connect all of the beginnings of these three songs together even further. We found out in song two that the main dude got his friends back. How, might you ask? ♪ I'm so happy / 'cause today I found my friends / they're in my head. ♫ Either this guy has ghosts haunting his head, or as I think the rest of the song makes it suggest, his depression got the best of him and he became a druggie. xP Wonderful, eh?
4. Why, by Rascal Flatts. Well, at one point those drugs had to get the better of him. First comes betrayal, then comes depression, then comes drugs, end it with death. Reminds me of that one remix of Miss Mary Mack that was featured in White is For Magic... *shudder* But yeah, it's basically what others are thinking about the main character's suicide. Splendid.

It's party day! applause Oh my gosh, I'm so excited, I want these last three hours to buzz by really quickly, so quickly I can't even see it go by. Not that I could ever see it go by anyway... But, er, it's like I look at the clock now and it's 3:02 PM, and then I'll look back in thirty seconds or so and it says 5:55. I won't even have to wish because it had already come true, you know what I mean? Eh, probably not, but oh well.

Earlier today everybody went downstairs and began to clean up the basement. While my parents were doing the heavy work and a few other things while listening to Music Choice Retro Rock (which I love), I was in charge of the abandoned Barbie corner that needed some tidying up. Other than the shock I received when I picked up three unclothed dolls—and I mean completely unclothed—it was pretty easy. Just stuff everything in boxes and shove it toward the back.

I'd like to make a comment on that Music Choice Retro Rock station. Most of the stuff we see there is Bon Jovi, Rush, Journey, Styx... Stuff from the eighties and early nineties. So of course we were expecting a bunch of good ol' eighties rock songs from said artists. But one of the songs was by some rapper called Limp Bizkit or whatever his stupid name was. It wasn't even rock; it was some crappy rap thing, kind of like what rap was before it got popular: even stupider. And you know what year that song was from?

Come on, really? We're not that old. Just because something is ten years old doesn't make it retro, right? But that means Nine Days is going to be considered retro soon—and Train! Oh my gosh, if somebody shoves Train's hit song Drops of Jupiter into the retro rock station, I'm going to break into Music Choice headquarters with a couple of bazookas, because that is just crazy talk, almost preposterous.

You know, I'm already considered a bit strange for digging all of the stuff that our parents listen to. Not even my friends go that far with their oddities in music loving. I was thinking while I was cleaning up those Barbies about the song 1985 by Bowling For Soup, simply just to get that R.A.P. (r-ds attempting poetry) out of my darn head. That song mentioned how a mom's two high school children thought she was uncool because she liked what was hip in her generation. Thinking a bit further, I realized I like the music of my kids' grandparents. (Well, I don't have kids yet, but you know what I mean.) Something tells me my kids will think I'm the freakiest freak show the world has ever seen, nyeh heh. Let's hope music cleans itself up in the upcoming generation so I can like their music too.

While my dad vacuumed the basement (it was in desperate need), the girls of the family went out to Walgreens and a local store to get some hygienic and party necessities. I got some Skittles while we were at it. ^^ I've eaten half the packet already. I thought about getting the Fizzl'd Fruits kind, but the flavors were pretty much an automatic turn off for me (Wild Cherry... yech). My sister got a bunch of Mike and Ike's. And my mom bought a bag of York patties for everyone else. Well, it's supposed to be for everyone else, but chances are my dad will be the only one to have his hands on it unless the York bag magically gives him a restraining order.

Then there was that local store, whose name I would share with you guys if it didn't reveal what part of my state (Missouri) I live in, where we got my sister apples, my grandma some meat, and pretty much everything else was for the party. What were those things? A cookies 'n' cream ice cream cake, a two liter bottle of Fanta Orange, a case of Pringles Ranch, a case of Pringles Original, a bag of M&Ms... And that's it. We also got my sister a two liter bottle of Minute Maid strawberry lemonade, my mom some V8 things (xP) and some fly swatters for everybody. I do need to use the fly swatters, but for gnats I can just use my bare hands. I've proven my abilities to catch and kill gnats with my bare hands at least thrice. 'Cause I'm ninja like that. x3

Oh my gosh, this is going to be so much fun, 'cause basically what's going to happen is we're going to make a buffet of food on the pool table downstairs and it's all serve yourself and stuff, and and and... Okay, I don't know beyond that because only three people were able to attend after invitations were sent out, but I just know it will be a ball, especially with the puppies. cheesy

Anyway, I think I've talked enough. Let's get to work.

Thanks to Mia, Ari, Lucky and Avvy for topic ideas, and special thanks to Noah because he also did that, plus he figured out the reasoning behind my fourth question early. XD Cheater.

Pizza
Mia, I know you were just kidding, but that's because you didn't know why I asked this question. smug So I'm talking about it anyway.

Pizza is the food that brings everybody together. Why? Because you can put anything on it. People that don't care what they eat can put whatever meats and fruits and veggies and other stuff that they desire. Vegetarians can have pizza without meat (please correct me if I'm wrong). The lactose intolerant can have pizza that lacks cheese (yes, you can do that, a guy I used to know was lactose intolerant and did just that). Those on a GFCF diet can have it specially made like my sister has it. And then just about every other animal in the world loves it: dogs, cats, birds, insects... It may just be the one thing better than peanut butter when it comes to peace making.

Gatorade
Amazingly, it's better hydration than water. So why are we living off of eight glasses of water a day? (I never do that, but I'm sure somebody out there does.) We can just live off of three bottles of Gatorade and be good to go. It doesn't taste all that bad either compared to our tasteless water, even if you can add flavoring.

Ninja Assassin
Well, I know it's rated R, but I don't know a whole lot about this movie. To IMDb!
HolyShizukaRainisinthis. :O
... Er, about that Shizuka thing... That's my grandmother's name, and it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that Rain was the main character of this movie. xD Anyway, so um, this is about a youthful ninja running away and betraying the orphanage that had helped him survive, eventually confronting one of his fellow ninjas from that shelter. To me it doesn't sound that interesting, but because Rain is just that awesome, I'd probably go buy the DVD just to go see him, so what if it's rated R.

I find it interesting that Rain's character's name is Raizo... Huh.

The Singing Bee Final Countdown Song
♪ Five, four, three, two, one, it's the final countdown! ♫
Insert crazy Melissa Peterman kick here.
Yay for The CMT Singing Bee! applause The guys are my favorite from the Bee Hive—actually, I think the guitarist is my favorite, or whoever the extra instrumentalist is that isn't Steve.

Highlighters
While they come in an assortment of neon colors, I think Sharpie pens. They make clearer proposal messages on commercials and various other occasions. -.-

Books
This makes me think of this one thread that Ratty made in the Books section. "The Last Book in the Universe"... One day something along that general storyline will come true. There will no longer be any books—or rather they're outlawed—and everything is in the form of either internet, television or music. Literacy rates would probably plummet drastically worldwide. So read and be nerdy and proud of it while you can!

Ice Cream Cookie Cake
Well, I can't say there will be ice cream cookie cake at the party, but I know the base of the cake is a cookie, and it's Cookies 'N' Cream, so I guess it is an ice cream cookie cake! ^^ Nom nom nom!

Old Couture Magazines
I don't know enough to say anything, and I can't get any proper research done to find out what an old Couture magazine from the fifties and sixties was like. Dx

in Mario Brothers

I understand that Twarry did this recently, but hey, it was on the list. *shrug* If it's on there, I do it, granted it wins eeny-meeny-miny-moe, which it did. *slips on pair of guilty (copy)kitty ears* So here we go!

Mario Mario
Yes, as proven in a Mario movie, his last name is Mario. Ask the Nostalgia Critic. He's the one I learned that little fact from (though beware, his reviews can be mature in language).

So Mario Mario has a tendency to hold on to the spotlight and is good at saving the day. The first name that came to mind when I thought of Mario was Forrey, because the spotlight made me think of her theater camp, and she's good at a lot of other stuffs and... Yeah. So this goes to Forrey.

Luigi Mario
Well, he's Mario's brother, so he's got to have the same last name, doesn't he? Verify that with the Nostalgia Critic while you're at it, though, 'cause I'm not sure.

This guy is more of the sneaky guy between the brothers. Even though Avvy isn't a fan of pasta—or at least I don't think so, by the way I interpreted a comment she shared—I think she would be good as Luigi. After all, she was the first Twigger to have been discovered to be on the Who Is Online? page three times, classifying her as sneaky ninja.

Princess Peach
She's a selfless princess, and that's about all anyone knows about the dainty beauty. When it comes to the website, I know that Muffin always puts the members and mods first rather than her own decisions, even when it comes to where profits go. So I feel that she deserves the role.

Bowser
Solely because Hyro is older than Tsu, I shall give Hyro the role of the demonic fire-breathing mutant turtle that appears to be immortal.

Bowser Jr.
He's just as evil in spite of his smaller size. Tsu is younger than Hyro, so that's why she gets to be the junior evil fire-breathing mutant turtle mastermind. ^^

Yoshi
Ah, the prehistoric goofball. I love this little guy. He's just an awesome little guy that can kick some butt and is very good at being silly. I'll refrain from making myself Yoshi, and I'm going to stick the name tag on Noah for this role. If he wants to be silly, he can be really silly. o.o Plus he pwns anyway.

Sorry, I'm kind of in a rush right now, so I'm not going to list any more roles for now. Those are pretty much the most major guys anyway.

1. Think the next generation will consider you a freak show?
2. Why would Zakk Wylde even consider collaborating with a hip hop band?
3. Why did I ask question two?
4. What topicings would you like on your slice of ice cream cake?

AllyCyn

Time Start: 2:24
Time End: 5:29
Original Word Count: 114967
Word Count After Blog: 117373
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Re: & watch it burn ♪ let it die | 'cause we are finally free tonight ♫ ||

Post by iGrievous on 7/24/2010, 10:43 pm

1. Heck, no. I'm going to resurrect rock. Dunno why everyone's so into hip hop these days anyway-- electronic music-- no guitar-- is there anything the artists do besides sing and dance?
2. Wait, you mean the dude that some dude told me was the greatest guitarist alive (or something like that) is doing hip hop? *dies inside* But who is he anyway?
3. Wait, were you kidding?
4. Cookie dough! If that's an option.

Thx to myself for the wonderful siggie.

Goodbye Jimmy, farewell youth.
Must be on my way, I've had enough of you.
Was a young man, proud and true.
Just a simple boy with nothing left to lose.

-Dave Grohl, Word Forward
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 on 7/24/2010, 10:48 pm

Have a happy birthday party!

1. Think the next generation will consider you a freak show? Yupyup!
2. Why would Zakk Wylde even consider collaborating with a hip hop band? Who-what-where-when-why-how-which?
3. Why did I ask question two? My dear Cynnie, that is a very good question. nod
4. What topicings would you like on your slice of ice cream cake? Oooh! Five-leaf clovers, nommy nommy cheddar, and..."you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose." O.o You don't have to do the last one. And I definetly wouldn't want that on my pizza. O_o
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 7/24/2010, 10:48 pm

Omg, I love your sister. :3 Do you think she'd share some of those Mike and Ike with me?

I just realized that the name Raizo is really similar to Raito. :O

Lol, okay, so. Gri spoiled this blog for me by announcing that I was Princess Peach, when I was still reading your last blog. XD And I was like, "Ew no! xP" cus that's just me, automatically anti-girly. Now that I actually read why you give me her, though . . . well, I'm really flattered. ^^ I feel like I'm doing something right.

1. I hope so! cheesy
2. o.e Err . . . I don't wanna know.
3. I can read your mind, and it's because you haven't eaten enough brains recently. Go stew some monkeys already.
4. Natural disasters. *-* And Paranormal Activity 2's really freaky preview.

(Credit to Forry for this picture.)
shadowsowner888
Admin

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares on 7/24/2010, 10:51 pm

Aye. The whole Bowser n' Bowser Jr. thing fits, actually.
Apparently.

1. Think the next generation will consider you a freak show? No matter what.
2. Why would Zakk Wylde even consider collaborating with a hip hop band? . . .
3. Why did I ask question two? . . .
4. What topicings would you like on your slice of ice cream cake? I'd give you a few ideas there, but my head hurts right now.
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 7/25/2010, 12:27 am

@Gri:
1. As a matter of fact, most singers these days only sing and dance, yes. It's a miracle if they write their own music, probably the one good thing that Gaga has.
2. Yes, he's the greatest guitarist alive, who'd originally played for Ozzy, but then he got the boot and started making and playing for other bands like Black Label Society (I love the song Stillborn by BLS), and after that I dunno what happened. But when I was playing Guitar Hero 5, I realized that the song Bring the Noise 20XX (notice it didn't say music, haha) was performed by Public Enemy ft. Zakk Wylde. I thought I was going to die, 'cause my eye actually twitched and I considered screaming. (You can find that song at this link. It's fun to play on Expert Guitar, but... o.e)
3. *pokes number two* I wasn't. You can click on the link for proof. Zakk Wylde is abusing himself. ._.
4. COOKIE DOUGH! cheesy Sure you may.

@Lucky: It was a happy birthday party! With lots of Band Hero! ;D

2. Just read what I said to Gri if you're interested.
4. Not on pizza, no. o.O Those sound nice though. Sort of.

@Muffin: If you catch her in a good mood. Otherwise she'll scream in your face to back off. Razz

Woah. Kira's a ninja. :O

Haha, same here about the anti-girly thing. I wasn't even thinking about that when handing out the role, though. Glad you like it anyway!

1. Shweet! What a Face
2. I don't either. One day I'll kidnap him and ask what's wrong with him, granted he doesn't crush my head with his guitar first, or in a similar fashion that Ozzy killed a dove or a squirrel or whatever. X.x
3. Hm... I can't find any monkeys. Will bird brains suffice? (no pun intended)
4. That last one sounds amazing. *.*

@Tsu: It does! nod

4. Aw. D: I hope your head feels better later.
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 7/25/2010, 12:34 am

Will you ask her for me? Very Happy

How win! applause

grin Lol, I'm glad, too.

2. D: Oh no! Poor dove or squirrel or whatever!
3. If you insist. Razz But stewed monkey brains are always the best sort of brain.
4. I'm glad you think so! Lolol, I saw it in the previews for Eclipse, and I think I'm proud to say it scared the crud out of me. :3

shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 on 7/25/2010, 10:40 pm

Very Happy

2. Ah...that stinks.
4. Yeah...O.o I kind of had an inner conflict about whether or not I should suggest that. See, I was trying to think of pizza toppings and that came to mind (which shows how weird my brain is), and I thought I might as well suggest it since it's random and I might forget to suggest it on your next blog. I'm sorry. You must think I'm a weirdo.
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 on 7/25/2010, 11:21 pm

@Muffin: Sures, as soon as she stops screaming for food. -.-;

It's very win! ;D

2. Ah, now I remember. He grabbed two doves and bit one's head off. X.x
3. Okay then. It's just that I've already got two birds, and I don't have enough money to get myself some monkey brains. xP
4. I had to read that a second time to understand what you meant. XD That sounds splendiferous!

@Lucky:

4. Eh, we're all weirdos around here, so no worries. I'll be doing it anyway. Sounds interesting enoughs.
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 on 7/25/2010, 11:40 pm

4. Quite true. nod Ehehe, I can't wait to read it!
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 on 7/26/2010, 2:42 pm

Yay! :3

2. Ew. :O
3. I understand completely. nod It can be very hard to find monkey brains this time of year.
4. XD It was, really.

shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down