The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs

+2
twilighter3000
Arianna
6 posters

Go down

Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs Empty Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs

Post by Arianna 12/4/2009, 3:42 pm

I get distracted too much during writing, and if I'm not sprinting on PunishPad or WriteOrDie, then I need something else. And after some googling and cool links, I found two programs.
If you've got a Windows computer, then you have to check out WriteMonkey. It's a non-distraction environment which lets you write without clunky toolbars or the like. And it's fullscreen - and ever better... it's free. Very Happy
If you've got a Mac, then there's something which might even be better. Ommwriter is pretty much like WriteMonkey, except for you can have background images instead of background colors.
Both are lovely. Smile
~Arianna
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs Empty Re: Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs

Post by twilighter3000 12/4/2009, 5:45 pm

Ooh, they look cool, but since it's supposed to send us emails about updates on the show, I can't download it... Razz My parents don't want newsletter type things.
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs Empty Re: Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs

Post by shadowsowner888 12/4/2009, 7:45 pm

Those look great, Ari! Very Happy This is gonna be really helpful.

Can I suggest another to add up there? Smile Jdarkroom - it's fullscreen, available for Macs (and PCs, I believe), and customizable (unless you use a certain version of Leopard for Mac, in which case the preferences screen is screwed up. xD) And it's totally free. (Danielle, this might work for you, there's nothing to sign up to for getting it. Wink)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 1312Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 2412Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 3349Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 3548Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 12/4/2009, 8:25 pm

I just downloaded it and tried it out, it's really spiffy. (Had to use the first one, seeing I don't have a Mac)
This'll really work for my freewrite-esque story I'm working on, especially sense on my first go I was getting really distracted. (It took me two hours to write 600 words. I got almost the same amount done in 20 minutes. I'm a sllooowww typer...)

I love that you can choose the color, I've got a nice blue-grey scheme for mine.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 12/5/2009, 2:59 am

Hmm, that's weird, Danielle. I'm pretty sure that you're talking about Ommwriter. Sorry, I couldn't try it out myself as I have a PC.
Thanks for suggesting that, Shad! I like this one 'cause I can see the wordcount and everything. x3
I have a blue-grey scheme for mine, too, Katt! Very Happy It's a light grey with a blue which is almost black. x3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/5/2009, 4:41 am

Ooh, awesome! I'm waiting for Ommwriter to download. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 12/5/2009, 5:05 am

Oooh, awesome!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/5/2009, 5:28 am

It's really cool, but for some reason it started quitting on me. tongue
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 12/5/2009, 5:38 am

Aww, that sucks. I wish that you could use WriteMonkey (it's so awesome) but it needs the .NET framework which only runs on Windows. Razz
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/5/2009, 9:40 am

Try Jdarkroom, Ratty. Very Happy *pokes*

Lol, I like Jdarkroom, as you guys can probably see. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 1312Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 2412Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 3349Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 3548Two Awesome Non-Distraction Programs 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 12/5/2009, 11:03 am

Arianna wrote:Hmm, that's weird, Danielle. I'm pretty sure that you're talking about Ommwriter. Sorry, I couldn't try it out myself as I have a PC.
Thanks for suggesting that, Shad! I like this one 'cause I can see the wordcount and everything. x3
I have a blue-grey scheme for mine, too, Katt! Very Happy It's a light grey with a blue which is almost black. x3
Cool. My background is dark bluish-greyish (dull blue, pretty much) and then my words are icy white. I like light on dark because it's easier on my eyes.
I ditched the story I talked about in my last post and started a new freewrite-ish one, 'cause I like the idea better. (Well, I should, it's kinda from a video game I made up six months ago and am still sticking to the idea. Been meaning to work on it, but I dunno how to make a video game, let alone a plot that lasts more than 6,000 words. >.<)
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 12/5/2009, 12:26 pm

I have WriteMonkey.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 12/6/2009, 4:09 pm

Scratch that, I downloaded the JDarkroom one. I love it Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down