The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~

3 posters

Go down

~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~ Empty ~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~

Post by Taquito 6/23/2009, 5:10 pm

Maturity-a crush, and possibly a kiss on the cheek [and some cussing, but I edited that. XD]
Fantasy-none.

Please tell me what you think! (:

CHAPTER 1;;Chelsea's point of view
I was on my porch, in deep thought. School begins tomorrow. I moved to this town just a month ago and haven’t went to school yet. I admit I’m pretty excited to meet new faces and friends. I couldn’t wait.
The sun was just setting, which meant that I had to go back inside. I cocked my head. Mom could wait. I saw a boy from a distance, and I couldn’t really make out his face. I didn’t have my glasses on. But he was making quite a noise.
When I was staring and wondering who that boy was, I heard a voice calling “Chelsea! Come inside!”
“Okay.” I responded. I ran into my home. I saw my mom in the kitchen.
“What are we having for dinner?” I asked politely.
“Hmm, well, we’re having pizza.” Mom said smiling.
“Cool.” I said, “Well, I’m going.” And I ran downstairs into a little tiny tent Mom put up when I was a little kid. I still go in it, but for thinking.
I thought about school, I was nervous and excited at the same time. I was going to 7th grade, and I wondered what the kids would be like. All these thoughts were swirling around my head, that I jumped when my Mom yelled, “Chelsea! Get upstairs!”
“Okay,” I called. I ran upstairs.
It was just me and mom eating. I’m an only child and my dad passed away when I was 5.
“You do know the first day of school is tomorrow.” Mom said.
“Yes Mom, I do.”
“And you know vacations are over. Time to get back to work.”
“I know.” I rolled my eyes. I went upstairs after eating.
I went into my room and pulled out my old, tattered copy of Little Women from my drawer. I read the book until 9:00, and that’s when my mom came into my room and said “I‘m going to turn off the lights, okay? Tomorrow‘s the first day of school, remember.”
“I know, Mom.” Gosh, is she trying to remind me or scare me? I put the book under pillow and went to sleep.

The next morning my mom was poking me to wake up. I looked at the clock. 5:30. I groaned. “Ugh, Mom, it’s so early!”
“Well, you just have to get used to this. The bus will come in one hour, enough time for you to get ready.”
“Look, it’s not even 6:00. Just let me sleep!” I cried and I went under my covers.
“No,” My mom said firmly. And she pulled the covers off of me.
I stumbled out my bed. “Ugh…” I groaned. I changed into the clothes I planned to wear and dragged myself downstairs. 5:30? No way! I thought. Who wakes up at 5:30 to get ready for school?
I ate my cereal half-asleep half-awake. I grabbed my backpack, and went to the bus stop, about 5 minutes away.
I saw two boys and a girl at the stop. As I got closer one of the boys grabbed my attention. He was a little short, and had huge, chocolaty eyes. His dark-brown hair was at medium-length. He flipped it as if to get the hair out of his eyes.
Something looked awfully familiar with that kid. I gazed at him. His eyes met mine and he quickly looked away. I looked away too.
The only girl besides me spoke. “Hi,” she said, “I’m Alyssa. Who are you?”
“I’m--I’m um, Chelsea.” I spoke surprisingly, shyly.
“Oh,” Alyssa said. “Ah, this is Dylan,” she pointed to a tall boy his hair buzzed short, as if he was going to the military. “Hey Chelsea,” Dylan smiled at me. I gave him a tiny wave.
“And this is Noel!” Alyssa pointed to the boy who I thought have seen before.
“Hi Chelsea.” He smiled and I noticed he had braces. I waved, too.
The voice seemed so familiar and suddenly I knew that he was the same boy I saw yesterday. “Oh!” I exclaimed.
“Hmm?” Noel looked at me.
“Ah, never mind.” I mumbled.
“Okay.”
Dylan kicked Noel in the shin. I didn’t know what he had against him so I just gazed in shock.
“What the heck was that for?” Noel yelled. I thought a smile played on his lips but I wasn't sure.
“You took my pencil!” But from the way he grinned while he said that, I knew that this was just a playful fight and they did this everyday.
“They do this everyday.” Alyssa whispered to me.
“I kind of figured.” I said and giggled.
“The way they fight…” Alyssa chuckled.
They stopped fighting and Dylan yelled “Bus!” and we all picked up our backpacks.
I took the seat in the aisle, right behind Noel. Alyssa kindly took the window seat and sat next to me.
I opened my backpack and took out Little Women. I read from where I left off.
“That’s a good book,” Alyssa said. I nodded.
Within a half-hour, we were at the middle school.
Taquito
Taquito
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1227

Back to top Go down

~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~ Empty Re: ~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~

Post by twilighter3000 6/23/2009, 6:46 pm

Ooh, I love it! Your story kinda reminds me of mine, because it's very realistic, and both are going to a new school---Though mine is because she's going into high school. But whatever, I love it! Good job!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by Taquito 6/23/2009, 7:33 pm

Thank you, twilighter (:
Taquito
Taquito
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1227

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/24/2009, 7:29 am

Wait, I didn't post here?! XD Weird. Um, well, it was really good! I hope you post more soon!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~ 1312~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~ 2412~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~ 3349~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~ 3548~*A Rainbow In The Sky*~ 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down