The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danielle's Memoirs

2 posters

Go down

Danielle's Memoirs Empty Danielle's Memoirs

Post by twilighter3000 1/15/2010, 6:51 pm

Another World
The loud clacking of fingers on keys punctuates the silence. My fingers fly across the keyboard, line after line filled with the story of a young girl. Our home office is my sanctuary, a place where I come everyday to escape to another owrld, leaving my worries behind. Squinting, I stared at the screen as the clouds move aside in a strong gust of win, the sunlight streaming in the single window. As I began typing again, words flowing seamlessly from my mind to my hands, the front door creaks open, bringing the smell of fresh, spring air into the room.
"Danielle! Can I go over to Sam's house?" My brother screams, not noticing that I was sitting not 10 feet away.
"Yes Alex, you can," I said, "and you don't need to yell, I'm right here." I said, getting up and shooing him out the door again.
I sat down, sighing contentedly, the distant yelling of my neighbors fading away like the volume on a radio.

Maradona
Time seemed to slow down as I sprinted towards the spinning black and white blur. I knew only one move would alow me to pass the defenders without losing much speed. 3 feet until the ball now. Leaping up, my right foot barely skimmed the top of the ball, spinning in mid-air, like a ballerina pirouetting. Pulling back the ball with my left foot, my right foot landed lightly on the ground. Even as I was speeding towards the goal, I couldn't keep a huge smile from lighting up my face, because for the first tie, I had just successfully done the maradona.

Pride
Sucking in a deep breath, I shakily stepped up to the microphone.
"Your word is renaissance."
My stomach was twisted into knots as tight as vines on an abandoned cottage.
Inhaling deeply, I said in a clear but shaky voice, "Renaissance. R-e-n-a-i-s-s-a-n-c-e. Renaissance."
The announcer slowly leaned forward, and I stopped breathing, just waiting.
"That is correct. Congratulations, you are the District Spelling Bee Winner."
An enormous smile broke over my face, and I looked out into the audience to see the glowing faces of my family. Out of all the kids, ranging from 10 to 14 years old, me, a 10 year old girl with a dream, had won. That is my proudest moment, and I will never forget it.

Well, that's my writing for a school assignment, so we had certain requirements like using figurative language, a dependent clause, etc. And if you're wondering why they're so short, they had to be between 5 and 10 sentences. Razz
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Danielle's Memoirs Empty Re: Danielle's Memoirs

Post by twilighter3000 1/16/2010, 7:43 pm

All 3 memoirs are up! Smile
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 1/17/2010, 9:49 am

You did a great job! :3 Especially considering they had to be so short. xD I would've failed at that.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Danielle's Memoirs 1312Danielle's Memoirs 2412Danielle's Memoirs 3349Danielle's Memoirs 3548Danielle's Memoirs 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 1/17/2010, 12:14 pm

lol, I know, I was like, "can they be over 10 sentence?? Please?" lol. Thanks! Smile
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum