The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Featureds for February

+5
LuckyPenny666
Komoda
Malicious Nightmares
Cyn431
shadowsowner888
9 posters

Go down

Featureds for February Empty Featureds for February

Post by shadowsowner888 2/2/2010, 8:43 pm

Woohoo! xP Finally updated, lol.

~`~`~Story~´~´~
Komoda2000 has a winning streak! Her third featured story in a row, Too Many Answers has gathered many fans thanks to its prequel, No Answers. This exciting story, about a young couple with magical ancestry, is definitely a must read.

Interview:

What was your inspiration for TMA? How long have you had the idea?
Well, my inspiration for the first story, No Answer, came from a daydream I had about a guy and a girl who were the last people on earth, basically. But once the first story was done, I wanted to write another... So I basically just cooked up a plot to explain why it happened and I'm using that plot for the sequel. I guess certain elements of it were inspired by the Night World series.

I've had the idea for the whole thing in general since summer... But the new fantasy aspect to it was only thought up like a few months ago.

Was it fun to write the story? How easy was it?
Well, it's pretty fun at times but I'm suffering from writer's block at the moment. -.- Though, usually it's generally easy because it's kinda my laid back story.

Why do you think other members like the story?
*shrugs* I guess it's getting plottier. And it has a few mysteries in it that have yet to be solved. Twisted Evil

What's your favorite part of it, personally?
I enjoyed writing the legend about Kayda and Josh's families. So I guess that's my favourite part at the moment.

Second runner-up: Friendship is Stronger Than Ice - Dragon Lover

~`~`~Poem~´~´~
It All Started With Life is an amazing piece by The Mad Hatter. You're sure to love the beautiful darkness. x3

Interview:

What was your inspiration for IASWL? How long have you had the idea?
At first, i didn't really understand what my inspiration is for. Sometimes I write stuff in my stories and poems, and then don't even realize what they mean until after something happens in my life. Well, that was the case for this one. My friend, Victor-- something very terrible happened to his best friend a few weeks ago [even though it feels like it's been longer]. I'd rather not say, but if you put two and two together, you can pretty much guess what happened to his friend.

Was it fun to write the poem? How easy was it?
It was pretty easy, did some word researching and stuff- oh, and listening to a lotta Imogen Heap. nod It was fun, actually.

Why do you think other members like the poem?
I don't know. o.0 *insert dramatic chipmunk music here* Most of the comments say that they like the little bits of writing at the top at bottom, so I'm guessing that. [xD]

What's your favorite part of it, personally?
The last part. nod IDK where I got it from, it just came to me.

Second runner-up: Force a Smile - Dragon Lover

~`~`~Roleplays~´~´~
Enjoy the attack of the evil undead in The Writers Guild, a roleplay by Jade about Twig. smug

Interview:

[none available]

Second runner-up: Love Truly Academy - [Strongly]*Emo*tional

~`~`~Member~´~´~
It be . . . Ave and myself! Very Happy Whoo! (Don't cheer for me, cheer for Ave. xD) Ave is a wonderful writer here, especially of poetry, and I'm . . . well, me. evil The ultimate ruler. (Just kidding. rolleyes)

Interviews:

Ave's:

Why did you decide to join TWG? How did you hear about it?
I actually was wondering what this one site was called, it was a site kind of like Twig, but I had forgotten the name. I thought Shadow owned it, so I PMed her on WI, and she gave me the link to this site. It wasn't the site I was looking for... though it's so much better. Very Happy

How long have you been writing? What attracts you to writing?
I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I love writing because... I don't know, it's just fun to create your own story and make it all yours. I know it sounds corny, but it's true.

How did you choose your username? Do you have any interesting nicknames?
I had a roleplay character named Ave for a while, and then on DSRP, I made it my username. So when I made my second account on WI after I had requested my first to be deleted, I made my username Ave, and that's what I've been known as ever since. It's a bit plain but I love it anyway. nod

What was your first composition?
I could never remember. no

What's your favorite color, and why? Favorite animal?
Favorite color? I've never been able to decide. I like anything... though I think that deep, midnight blue and dark red are really pretty. And as for animal, I'd have to say mountain goats.

What kind of music do you like, and why? Do you have a writing playlist?
I love anything, really, except for a few Disney Channel artists and such. And yes, I do have a playlist, full of Jem, Muse, Rascal Flatts, and Lady Gaga. xD

If you owned the site, what would you change and why? What would you keep the same?
I wouldn't change anything. I love TWIG the way it is. Smile

Shadow's:

Why did you decide to join TWG? How did you hear about it?
Well, once upon a time, a girl named Stephanie had a dream about the creative writing section of WebkinzInsider being more teen-friendly, rather than kid-friend . . . and thus Twig was born.
Dudes, I know that's kinda a different question. xD But it's the best I can do.

How long have you been writing? What attracts you to writing?
I've been officially writing since I was eight; I wrote random little stories before then, like for school, but that was when I decided to try writing outside it. I wrote a little fanfiction about American Dragon: Jake Long, the original version of Misplaced. After that I didn't do much, but once I started working on a story to hopefully publish on Powerpets, I never really stopped again. x3 I love that when you write, you can be anyone and do anything, even if you just want to be in the same life you have now. There's no end to the amazing freedom.

How did you choose your username? Do you have any interesting nicknames?
It's very literal . . . Shadow was my first dog, and while I originally used it as my Neopets name when he was still alive, I made a vow to always use it after he died so that I would remember him. nod Sometimes I use shadowsown88 instead, if the site in question won't let me do shadowsowner888. And, eight is my favorite number.

I have a ton of interesting nicknames. Muffin is one given to me by Mousey, for no particular reason; I got Ado from Komoda after I called her Mo, which came from the middle letters of our names; TT called me Addy as a variation of that, Emz calls me Shadowsky, and I've also been called Jacob, Pootnic, Poppet, and Cheese . . . there's even more, but I'll just name one more - Kumori! Very Happy Really I just gave it to myself, and I've never ever been called that, but I think it's a beautiful name. It's Japanese for 'shadow.'

What was your first composition?
That American Dragon fanfic. It was horrible! Really bad. xD I hate the quality. But at least I was able to recycle the plot on Misplaced, which I don't think turned out too bad. ^^

What's your favorite color, and why? Favorite animal?
Dude, dark blue. Very Happy It's amazing. So beautiful. And, my favorite animals are dragons . . . they're so amazing. They can fly, they're powerful, and they're beautiful . . . it seems I like beauty. xD

What kind of music do you like, and why? Do you have a writing playlist?
I like all kinds, literally, but I find that my favorites are alternative punk. xD At least, that's how I define it; songs like Stella or Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. I do have an inspiration playlist, but I haven't been able to use it much, thanks to the tiny amount of space left on my iPod. Razz

If you owned the site, what would you change and why? What would you keep the same?
Dude. xD Seriously?

Second runner-up: rattyjol

Congratulations, everyone!

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 3/1/2010, 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Featureds for February 1312Featureds for February 2412Featureds for February 3349Featureds for February 3548Featureds for February 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Featureds for February Empty Re: Featureds for February

Post by Cyn431 2/2/2010, 8:59 pm

Woo!
*large applause for Mo, Ave, Shadow, Hatter and Jade*
*confetti falls in random places--even China [xD]*
Congratz peoples! wink
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 2/2/2010, 9:09 pm

'Gratsies everyone!
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 2/2/2010, 9:20 pm

Congratulations to all the winners and runner ups. Smile Y'all did great!
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 2/4/2010, 12:39 am

Congrats, everyone!!
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 2/4/2010, 10:07 pm

Congrats everybody! Very Happy
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 2/5/2010, 12:17 am

Wow! Man I need to put one of my stories on TWIG and see how far it goes!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Featureds for February Siggy~Ivy
Super Star~Featureds for February Siggy
Featureds for February Siggy~Ruby
Jazz~Featureds for February Siggy
Featureds for February Siggy~King of Diamonds

*small voices* Click us! Click us! Well give you a present!
Female Posts : 1259

http://4everme4everbeautyproductionsofficialsite.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 2/5/2010, 12:18 am

Oh, and congratz guys! You have inspired me!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Featureds for February Siggy~Ivy
Super Star~Featureds for February Siggy
Featureds for February Siggy~Ruby
Jazz~Featureds for February Siggy
Featureds for February Siggy~King of Diamonds

*small voices* Click us! Click us! Well give you a present!
Female Posts : 1259

http://4everme4everbeautyproductionsofficialsite.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 2/17/2010, 1:09 pm

Congrats everyone! (:
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
Featureds for February Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 2/17/2010, 3:00 pm

Congrats everyone!
And Good luck to anyone who wants to become the next featured!
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down