The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Day You'll Thank Me

3 posters

Go down

One Day You'll Thank Me Empty One Day You'll Thank Me

Post by Imagine 2/14/2010, 5:47 pm

One Day You'll Thank Me

Maturity: Kissing, violence (heh heh), there's a war going on.
Fantasy: I'm pretty dang sure the leaders of the American Revolution didn't have magic powers and use ghosts to communicate.

Prologue-

The girl crouched in the alley, balancing herself with her hands on the cold, damp cobblestones. She shut her eyes tightly, willing herself invisible. It didn't work, she didn't have enough energy at the moment, and besides that she was shaking too hard. Remmie flashed in front of her.
"Girl, you are in deep trouble. Master wants you right now. He 'taint in one of his good moods, neither."
"Just go away." The girl hissed, not opening her eyes. "If he wants me he can come and find me."
"Now, girl, you know Master is much to busy to bring his-erm-powerfull, wise, masterful person out here to fetch you." The apparition flickered. "Girl, he is impatient."
"Go away, Remmy. Go very far away. Before I summon-"
"Oh, no, no need for that!" He disappeared. A gun shot fired. The girl cursed under her breath, standing up. Spells, whizzing by on second dimension flew overhead, lacing the gray skies of Boston with violently bright colors.
Too late. Far too late.

1-

"Reba. Wake up." My older brother James was standing at the foot of my bed. "Reba..." I crawled deeper under the quilt. "Rebecca! Get up!" I groaned. "That's it, you've done it now." James scooped my up like only an older brother can, throwing me over his shoulder. The quilt fell to the ground. I squeezed my eyes shut.
"No..."
"Yes." He climbed down from the loft and dropped me on the floor with a soft thud. I opened my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.
"Why?" I asked, glaring.
"You would not wake up." He shrugged, as if nothing was simpler. "Drink some coffee. Go get dressed." My arms still crossed, I stood up and walked over to the wood stove in the corner. I could smell the aroma of the coffee, wafting up from the pot. I poured myself a glass.
"Why are you hurrying today?" I said, rubbing my eyes with one fist, forgiving my older brother instantly. He was a very forgivable person. His eyes lit up.
"The militia is practicing out on the Green and..."
"James, not again..." I drank my coffee quickly and climbed back up into the loft to get dressed.
"Yes, again! Why don't you like me being the militia, Reba?" He called up. Because I don't want you getting hurt. I don't want the British soldiers knocking on our door and taking you away. Because you're the only one I've got left. I thought. Something different came out of my mouth, as usual.
"Because you're always so tired and worked up when you get home. It's rather annoying." I scrambled down the ladder and back into the tiny room that was our kitchen, dining room, and sitting room. James' bedroom was in the back, an his workshop was off to the side. "I've got something to tell you.
"What...?" James was clearly not listening. Good.
"Oh... I'm getting a job..." My voice trailed off.
"Um, no." James was paying attention now.
"Um, yes. I am." My voice got high-pitched, like it tended to do when I was frustrated.
"No, you are not. I promised Papa I would take care of you. That does not involve you getting a job. I'm handling things just fine." James said loudly, firmly.
"I know, James, you are! But I need a job, I can not just sit around all day and run errands for us!"
"No. And that is final." He grabbed his musket from above the door and marched out.
"Oh well." I waited a good five minutes after he left, then grabbed my cloak, heading out onto the street to find a job.
The first stop was the general store. I wasn't looking for a job their, but my friend Katherine's family owned it. And Katherine knew everybody, and every single thing that happens in Boston, some times before it even does happen.
She was standing behind the counter with her back turned. "Good morning! How can I help you today?" I ducked just as she turned around, hidden beneath the counter. "Hello? I could hear her walking closer to me- I bounced up.
"Good morning!" Katherine's face turned white, and then red, quickly. She slapped my arm.
"Goodness, Reba! That wasn't funny!"
"Oh yes it was." I said, leaning against the counter.
"What do you want today? Really, I do have allot of work to do. Has James given in and said you could get a job?" A sly look passed over her face. "Or are you going behind his back." I laughed.
"You know me too well, Katherine. DO you know of anyone who might need to hire a certain person?"
"Well, Samuel Adams is in need of a maid. His ran off with a printer's boy." Her eyes danced with laughter.
"A maid was not exactly what I had in mind." Oh, but Katherine, as always, was one step ahead of me.
"Yes, but Samuel Adams is one of James' heroes, is he not?" I nodded. "When-"
"If." I interrupted.
"If James finds out you are working, he'll be much more likely to let you keep your job if you are working for Mr. Adams. And I've met him. He's a very exciting man." Katherine is very smart. And very tricky.
"You, my friend, are truly evil. I am very proud of you."
"Oh, I know, Reba. You best get a move on, and I have work to do!" She was already spinning away. "You could just work here, you know." Katherine added.
"But, Kat, then I would have to be friendly to all the customers. Not to mention your brother." She came at me with a broom. I ran.
A few minutes later I stood at Mr. Adam's front door, fixing my hair neatly. I arranged my cap so it wasn't so pouffy, something that greatly annoyed more. I straitened my cloak and knocked on the great door. A few moments later the door was opened.
"Hello, miss. How can I help you?" For once, I couldn't speak. Before me stood the most amazing specimen of human life I had ever seen.

----

So... it's pretty horrible right now, and this a work in progress. It's gonna be wicked though, trust me. Wink

Last edited by Imagine on 2/15/2010, 2:33 pm; edited 8 times in total
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

One Day You'll Thank Me Empty Re: One Day You'll Thank Me

Post by catbuster 2/14/2010, 6:22 pm

O.O this looks awesome! I can't wait for the rest!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/14/2010, 6:56 pm

Thankiez! Yeah, I'm really excied about it too. =)

By the way, I really love your av and sig. Princess Bride rocks. =3
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/15/2010, 2:14 pm

I added the first chapter. =)

Jusst because I felt like it.
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/15/2010, 2:28 pm

Imagine wrote:Thankiez! Yeah, I'm really excied about it too. =)

By the way, I really love your av and sig. Princess Bride rocks. =3
Your welcome, and IKR? I LOVE WESTLEY!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/15/2010, 2:29 pm

Haha I love Inigo. =3
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/15/2010, 2:31 pm

Ooh, I like the first chapter! Really awesome.

Cool, ever watch the show criminal minds? The guy (Mandy Patinson...I think) who plays Imigo also plays the head dude in the old criminal minds!

Last edited by catbuster on 2/15/2010, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/15/2010, 2:32 pm

Thanks! =)
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/15/2010, 2:33 pm

Imagine wrote:Haha I love Inigo. =3
Cool, ever watch the show criminal minds? The guy (Mandy Patinson...I think) who plays Imigo also plays the head dude in the old criminal minds!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/15/2010, 2:37 pm

Never seen it. What time does it come on?
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/15/2010, 10:38 pm

You did a dang cool job, Alice. :1 You're managing to make it historical but relatable at the same time, and I like that. xD It annoys me to no end when it actually feels like it happened a long time ago. Keep writing! I want to know more about Mr. Beer - oh, erm, I mean Samuel Adams. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

One Day You'll Thank Me 1312One Day You'll Thank Me 2412One Day You'll Thank Me 3349One Day You'll Thank Me 3548One Day You'll Thank Me 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/15/2010, 10:42 pm

Thanks! Yup, in school we had to read this book called Johnny Tremain, about the American Revolution, I HATED it, because it didn't make any sense and all the characters seemed weird and old.

xD His name always makes me think of beer too. Why would someone name a brand of beer after a founding father?
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/16/2010, 12:23 am

Yeah, stuff like that! It makes me avoid historical stuff for the most part. xD

xD Lol, seriously, that's just wrong.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

One Day You'll Thank Me 1312One Day You'll Thank Me 2412One Day You'll Thank Me 3349One Day You'll Thank Me 3548One Day You'll Thank Me 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine 2/16/2010, 10:57 am

xD Jennifer Holm writes really great historical fiction. And pirate novels rock.

IKR?
Imagine
Imagine
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: