The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snowwoman

2 posters

Go down

The Snowwoman Empty The Snowwoman

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 2/21/2010, 5:29 pm

I had to write an adventure story in English. Here it is =D

Maturity: hmm....a little bit....if you are afraid of witches and bats/
Fantasy: A lot....magic and nonreal stuff XD

The Snowwoman

Hi, I am Angela and I am fifteen years old. I could tell you all about myself like all greedy characters in other stories, but I won’t.
I had a surprising adventure that no one could possibly believe. It all started on a day after is snowed.

I was so bored. I wasn’t sure what to do.
“Mom!” I yelled.
“Yes, Angela?” she yelled back from the kitchen.
“I’m bored,” I said in a boring voice.
I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I looked at mom. Her hair was a glossy brown with thousands of curls in them. She was wearing a lavender turtleneck with black leggings.
“Why don’t you go play outside?” she asked me.
“Mom, why would I play outside? I’m fifteen.”
“Okay, then, why don’t you go out and buy a good book?” she eagerly exclaimed.
“Fine”.
I walked over to the coat closet and took out my winter jacket.
“Bye,” I said then slammed the door.
The bookstore wasn’t far from my house, so I was able to walk there. I looked around. The grass was covered in glittery snow. It was beautiful. I continued walking. There was a snowman on someone’s lawn. It looked like a young kid made it.
“Aw!” I said to myself.
I continued walking, admiring the wonderful snow.
Before I knew it, I was at the bookstore.
“That was quick,” I mumbled to myself.
I walked inside the store. There was a lady in front of me wearing a black cloak. She dropped one of her books. “Excuse me, you dropped your book,” I told the lady, but she failed to hear me. “Excuse me,” I said, louder. I wondered what I should do. She wouldn’t answer me.
I looked at the book to see what it was about. The book looked old and worn out. The title read “The Spells” I opened it up, curious. It had various spells to it.
“Hmm” I muttered to myself.
Before I could read anything else, the lady snatched the book back from me and shut it.
“What are you doing with my book?” she asked in a raspy voice.
Her face was pale and she had terrible acne. “Well, you dropped it…”
“That’s beside the point, young lady!” she pointed her index finger at me. It was all wrinkly. With her one finger, she picked me up from my jacket and dragged me outside into the cold.
“You…you!” she angrily yelled. “You should NEVER read other people’s work!” she yelled in my face.
“Umm…okay” I said in a quiet voice.
“I don’t care what you think! I will now put a spell on you! You shall turn into a …”. She paused to think. “A snowwoman!” she yelled louder than before.
I magically turned into a snowman. I was confused. She didn’t do some crazy chant or move her fingers in some magical way. I just turned into a snowwoman.
I took my arm and moved it so that I could see it. My arm was a dried up stick. I looked down to see my body. I could see two full-size balls of snow. I tried to walk, but I couldn’t. I had no legs. I could barely hop, so I hopped around. I looked at the lady. I wondered if I could talk, so I tried and asked, “Who are you?”
Before she could answer, the lady clutched her head and dramatically fell to the ground. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I hopped closer to her.
Out of nowhere, a bat popped out of the sky. “What did you do?” it asked in a quick, low voice.
“I don’t know” I said, puzzled.
The bat studied the lady then quickly apologized. “I’m very sorry. I was mistaken. This witch was very old. She must have simply died from old age.”
“I see…” I said then thought for a moment. “Wait, she was a witch?” The bat nodded. “Yeah, and you are a snowwoman.”
“That witch turned me into a snowwoman! I wasn’t born like this!” I yelled in the bat’s face.
“Okay, first off, snowwomen and snowmen are not born. They magically appear on earth. Now I need to take you to this magical land up in the sky so that you can learn some stuff mortals don’t know. Plus, if you don’t want to be a snowwoman, you can be changed.”
“You’re a bat. You’re not mortal,” I stated, and then added, “I can be changed?”
“You might be able to be changed be to human.” he told me. “Now, let’s go!” he added.
“How do we get to this magical land?” I asked sarcastically.
“You just have to follow me,” he swiftly told me.
He started flying away from the store hurriedly and I had trouble keeping up with him since I have to hop.
“Slow down!” I yelled out of breath.
“We want to get there as soon as possible! This trip takes a long time, you know! I don’t want to hear complains!” he started flying faster than he did before.
I groaned soft enough so that he wouldn’t hear.
I tried to hop faster, but it was too hard.
The bat continued to go farther and farther away from me. He started flying higher.
“Stay lower so that I can see you!” I yelled to him.
He didn’t listen to me and continued to fly higher.
I then realized why he was flying so high. There was a giant patch of rose bushes. They started on the ground and went high up in the sky. They went left and right as far as I could see.
The flowers were a beautiful red and had rich green stems. They were quite beautiful, but I hated them since they made my walk harder.
I decided that I would walk through them, but realized that there were thorns everywhere.
I continued to walk through them, feeling pain as the thorns went into my body. I was surprised that it hurt so much since I was only made of snow, but boy did it ever hurt.
I continued to walk through the rosebushes, shielding myself with my skinny, dry, stick arms. It helped a bit, but not much.
At last, there weren’t any more rosebushes.
The bat looked at me and shook his head in disbelief. “You are badly injured.”
I looked at my body and saw thousands of scratches. “Will they go away?” I asked.
“Yeah, but I can’t help you. Only a leprechaun can help you. His home is on the way, we can visit him.”
So much had happened today. I could barely believe it. I looked ahead and there was a giant body of water that I had to cross. I sighed. There was no way to walk around it.
The bat simply flew over.
I leaped into the water, not knowing what else to do and floated, trying to go to the other side. The water was warm.
“What are you doing?” the bat yelled to me. “You’ll melt if you stay in there!”
I could feel myself start to melt. I started shaking from fear, not knowing what to do.
I tried to push my self in the water to quicken the way to the other side, but it wouldn’t work. I felt myself melting more and more.
I knew that it was the end for me, but then amazingly the bat swooped down, picked me up, and then dropped me on the other side.
“Wow, thanks” I told him. I looked at my body and noticed how much smaller it was. “Hey, why was that water warm if its cold outside?” I asked him.
“We are close to the leprechaun’s house and he has magical water.”
“We’re close to his house? Will he be able to make me my original size?” I was worried. I would need to make sure I was in good condition for all of the other adventures there will be on the way to the magical land.
“He might be able to, he might not.” He harshly told me.
I continued hopping and I saw an emerald colored house ahead. “Is that the leprechaun’s house?”
“Yeah” he said.
I hopped up to the house and the bat knocked on the door.
“Who is it?” a raspy voice asked from inside the house.
“Rameon Clouy” the bat said.
“Your name is Rameon Clouy?” I asked.
The bat nodded his head.
The door opened to reveal the leprechaun. He was short and wore green just like in any other fairytale. He was holding a pot of gold, too. He had a long orange beard with bright orange hair.
The bat spoke up. “We have some difficulties with this snowwoman and we were wondering if you would be able to help us out”.
“Come in” the leprechaun said in his raspy voice.
The bat flew in before me then I hopped in after him.
Inside, everything was green. The walls and floors were a forest green, the carpet was a bright green, and there was a sofa that was yellow-green.
The bat sat down on the sofa and I sat next to him. I sunk into the puffy sofa.
The leprechaun looked over at us, and then sharply asked, “What do you need?”
The bat looked up then said, “We were on our way to the land of magic and this snowwoman went through rosebushes and your warm water. Are you able to repair her?”
The leprechaun scratched his orange beard then said, “I will if you do me a favor”.
“You’re favor is?” the bat asked.
“Pick all the candy canes from my candy cane bush then return them to me”.
The bat nodded his head then told him that we would do it.
The bat and I stood up then the leprechaun took us outside.
“The candy cane bush is over there,” he said, pointing to the left.
I looked as far as I could in that direction, but didn’t see any bushes. I walked closer, but I still couldn’t see any bushes.
“Umm, this way” the bat told me.
I looked over and saw the bush. “Oh” I exclaimed, surprised.
We both started taking the candy canes off the bush.
“What’s so hard about this?” I asked.
“We have to get all the candy canes.”
“And?”
“There might be some hidden”. He reached deep into the bush and pulled out three candy canes. “See, there are candy canes we have to get deep inside”.
I reached inside and found candy canes.
I continued to pull out candy canes until there weren’t any left.
“We got them all” he told me then we went back to the leprechaun.
“Hmm, good job, you got them all!” he said surprised.
“You didn’t even count them?” I asked confused. All he did was talk.
“I’ll count, just to show you I am great at this kind of stuff.”
He counted the candy canes, then moved looking shocked. “Little girl, I’m glad you told me to count. I realized now that you are lacking one candy cane.
The bat glared at me.
“So what do we do now?” I asked.
“Feed my dog,” the leprechaun said harshly.
The bat rolled his eyes. “Sure. Come on, Angela.”
I gasped. “How do you know my name?”
“I can read your mind!” he said, spookily.
The leprechaun coughed. “You can feed the dogs bark from the trees.”
“Ha ha ha!” I yelled. “Get it? Bark? Dogs?” I continued to laugh while the two of them didn’t understand my joke.
I was still laughing when the bat grabbed me and took my to the back of the leprechaun’s house.
The bat handed me a knife. “Get some bark.”
“Where did that knife come from?” I sacredly asked.
“Long story” he sighed, then motioned me to go get some bark.
I took the knife and walked over to a tree. Not knowing how to get the bark, I picked a random area on the tree’s trunk and scraped bark off.
I looked around and noticed the bat was also getting bark. He had already cut down twice as much as me.
He stopped and looked satisfied with what he cut and picked it up and walked over to me. “You’re slow.”
“You have to remember that I’m not used to being made out of snow and sticks” I pointed my stick hand at him.
“Come on” he said, picking up the small amount of bark I cut and walking back to the front of the leprechaun’s house.
The leprechaun was already standing at the front.
“Where are the dogs?” the bat asked.
“A little bit further than where the candy cane bush was.”
The bat and I went over to the bush.
I thought I heard laughing from the leprechaun, but when I looked back, he wasn’t laughing.
The bat looked around.
“I see the cage for the dogs”
“How can you always see what I can’t see?”
The bat shrugged.
He looked back at me then started walking. I followed him.
We reached a cage that was made out of metal. It had holes through it, so you could see inside.
There were three dogs in there. They all growled at me in unison.
The bat handed me the bark. “Go ahead and feed them.
“Why me?”
“You’re the one who told the leprechaun to count the candy canes.
I sighed. “How do I feed them?”
The bat backed away. “You got yourself into this mess, now you can get out of it.”
I felt scared, but then I realized that I needed to have faith in myself. If I did this, then I knew that I could conquer the world! Wait…why would I want to conquer the world? All I want to do is get back home.
I looked at the bark. Confidently, I squeezed the bark through the little metal holes.
The dogs angrily fought for the bark.
My hand had gone through the hole and apparently, one of the dogs thought my arm was its food.
The dog rushed over to me. I tried to pull my arm out of the hole, but it was caught somewhere. I couldn’t tell where my arm was cut.
I pulled and pulled. It came out, but part of the bark from my arm stayed where it was caught.
“Ouch” I said, wanting to cry.
I looked at the bark again.
I decided to shred the bark into smaller pieces and throw them through the small metal holes so that I wouldn’t have to shove my hand into the hole and get it caught again.
Desperately, yet with assurance, I shredded the bark into tiny pieces.
The dogs growled, waiting for the food. They banged their bodies against the cage, hungry.
I wasn’t done shredding the bark, but I successfully threw the bark into one of the holes.
“Yes!” I told myself.
I started shredding the rest of the bark, throwing it in when they were in small pieces.
The dogs continuously leaped for each piece of bark.
At last, all the bark was gone and the dogs seemed quite pleased.
I nodded my head with ecstasy, proud that I was able to feed those dogs.
The bat came over. He seemed shocked.
“Well?” I asked.
“Good job”
“Thanks!”
“We’d better go back to the leprechaun’s house.”
“Okay.”
We went back to the emerald colored house. The leprechaun was inside.
The bat knocked the door then stepped in.
The leprechaun was sitting in a recliner.
“Well, well” the leprechaun said.
“I fed the dogs.”
“You did?” the leprechaun said, jumping out of his chair.
“She did” the bat said.
“Wow…” the leprechaun said.
“Will you fix her now? We have to go to the land of magic!” The bat said.
The leprechaun went into another room and brought back a bottle of water. He handed it to me and told me to drink it.
“Why?” I asked him.
“It’ll fix you”. I quickly drank the water.
“Did it work?” I asked.
“Oops” the leprechaun said. “I think I used the wrong water. You’re a human now”.
“I am? Thanks! Can I go home now?”
“Yes” the bat said.
We walked out of the house. It felt good to walk with feet. I swam through the warm water, than continued walking until I reached the rosebushes until I made it back to the bookstore.
“Well, thanks for this adventure” I told the bat with a laugh.
“Sure.” He said then flew away.
“Bye”
I walked back on my way home. I passed the same snowman I saw when I walked to the bookstore earlier today.
He winked at me, so I waved to him.
I finally made it back home.
I stepped inside and heard my mother say, “Where were you for so long?”
“It’s a long story,” I told her, then walked to my room.

Last edited by amazon on 2/23/2010, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

The Snowwoman Empty Re: The Snowwoman

Post by shadowsowner888 2/22/2010, 8:23 pm

Hey, don't forget the maturity and fantasy. Wink
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Snowwoman 1312The Snowwoman 2412The Snowwoman 3349The Snowwoman 3548The Snowwoman 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 2/23/2010, 6:39 pm

Oh I'm sorry! Thanks for reminding me! I'll do that now!
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/23/2010, 7:25 pm

Thank you! Smile
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Snowwoman 1312The Snowwoman 2412The Snowwoman 3349The Snowwoman 3548The Snowwoman 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 2/23/2010, 9:49 pm

=)

Just curious....did you read it?
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/23/2010, 10:02 pm

Well, not exactly. xD I got up to the part about the spells and stopped; my mom doesn't really like me reading stuff about spells.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/1/2010, 8:34 pm

Woah there's a spell in there? *goes to hunt looking for the spell, for amazon does not remember putting it there*
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/1/2010, 10:26 pm

“I don’t care what you think! I will now put a spell on you! You shall turn into a …”. She paused to think. “A snowwoman!” she yelled louder than before.

nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/1/2010, 10:50 pm

Oooooh....that's what you meant XD

Sorry. =/
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/2/2010, 5:22 pm

No, don't be. ^^ There's nothing wrong with it; I'm just not really supposed to read that stuff. xD

But . . . oh well, I did anyway. rolleyes That was hilarious! xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/2/2010, 5:26 pm

Oh..well I'm still sorry XD

You read it? =3 Thank you =3
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/2/2010, 5:53 pm

You're welcome. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum