The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it'

5 posters

Go down

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' Empty AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it's not unconditional.

Post by DragonStar 4/15/2010, 2:35 am

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
the musings of a teenage writer, artist, musician, bipolar(to a degree XD) life-living unschooler.

You should be forewarned that I talk about a lot of things - and I'm not exactly good-willed towards Christianity.

post for APRIL FIFTEENTH, TWO THOUSAND & TEN.
AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 2wnquro
don't call it love if it's not unconditional.

So.

I'm pretty new to this whole blogging thing, but hey - it looks like fun, so it looks like I'll try it out.

Pardon me if I don't appear to write much - this font makes everything small. XD

~

Robyn says I should write about cookies for this first post.

I don't particularly feel like writing about cookies.

-hands them out anyway-
ANYWAY. I'll be sectioning out this postingness into a couple different parts:
*Life and General Drabble Stuff;
*Music of the Day and Why;
*& The Actual Blog Post.

Whoooo. Fun, fun.

~

LIFE AND GENERAL DRABBLE STUFF.
ARGH is in three weeeeeeks. WHOOOOT. I'm so, so, so amazingly excited for this. -dies-

Basically, ARGH stands for Autodidact-Radical Gathering of Homeschoolers. It's held in southeastern Tennessee twice a year, and is, as the name suggests, a gathering of people. To be exact, unschoolers.

We're one crazy group, us unschoolers. (:

MUSIC OF THE DAY & WHY.
I'm actually not sure what I want the music to be. o_o I think, though, I'll go for... a soundtrack!
Yes, a soundtrack. XD One of my favorites, actually. ^__^

The music - - - > Everything is Illuminated OST.
    The style - - - > Gypsy-ish, I suppose? There's a couple of tracks that really remind me of Hans Zimmer, too.
    What it is - - - > It's the soundtrack for the movie, Everything is Illuminated. Dur. XD
    What I like about it - - - > It's funky, awesome, and totally different! The music is at the same time a little creepy and yet extremely awesome. One of my favorite tracks (which can be found here on youtube) is called Start Wearing Purple. Another is Zvezda Rok-N-Rolla, found here.

Almost all of the tracks - aside from Amari Szi Amari, Ya-takoy, and Start Wearing Purple, are in Russian. Amari Szi Amari is in Hungarian, however... I think. >_> Don't quote me on that. And Ya-takoy and Start Wearing Purple are both in English, albeit with an accent.

The movie itself was also quite good, although it IS rated R, I do believe, and has a few inappropriate words and one rather scary scene. (: Nothing suggestive, however.

THE ACTUAL BLOG POST.
Yes, all of that up there was part of the post, but this is the REST of the post. The part that actually relates to the subject. XD

What, do you think, is the most powerful force in the world?

Nature?
Words?
Faith?
Greed?
Money?
Bombs, threats, war, hatred, curses, shouting?
Fear?

Or is it love?

Love, I do believe, is THE MOST POWERFUL thing out there. Practically everything we do is out of love. Love drives people to do good things. And bad.

Sometimes, it shouldn't be used as an excuse. Doing something evil 'in the name of God' - essentially, /for your love for him/ - isn't exactly a good thing, now is it? Sure, it's done for him, but... really. Does that really make it okay? I'm sorry, but no. If it's hurtful, it's not done for love. It's done for pleasure in others' pain. Or perhaps some other sick, twisted reason.

(I apologize if I offend anyone. I understand that the majority of this site is religious, which I personally am not. Besides, I'll be going to that dark, fiery and bad place anyway, considering who I am. (:
...If I'm not reincarnated as another cat.)

Everyone loves their family. Or, well. Most people do, unless their family is a particularly nasty one. Everyone loves certain things. So, yes. Love, in my eyes, is the most powerful force on this Earth.

And on that note, I shall bid you adieu and go to sleep. (:

(If you disagree, feel free to post your thoughts - as long as you don't attempt to start a flame war over this post. Thank you. xP)
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' Empty Re: AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it'

Post by FOREIGN?! 4/15/2010, 8:35 am

Cool blog, Jaidis. Very Happy Cookie! *snatches cookie* Om nom nom...

ARGH sounds awesome, and it has a piratey name, which makes it even better even though I just heard about what it is. nod

I may look into that music, it sounds quite lovely. C:

Of course the most powerful one is love! It's like, love. xD I mean, think about all those movies where the bad guy does some weird nice thing because he loves someone. War and hate and everything did not make him do that. no
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' Empty Re: AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it'

Post by minimaid 4/15/2010, 9:19 am

I agree with the love/god thing.
And i have a paticullarly nasty family! xD

lol, theres a giant homeschoolers convention in cincinnati this year, but I'm. Not able to go! xD
Honestly, I only wanted to go to see people be offended by my hipster-esk ways. xD
minimaid
minimaid
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by minimaid 4/15/2010, 9:20 am

AND I LOVE YOUR SIGGIE?

My I put it in mine too?

That's something no one could ever say on WI Very Happy
minimaid
minimaid
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 4/15/2010, 10:19 am

I WANNA BE UNSCHOOLED! Razz
Greed's the most powerful thing, I think. That's just how the world works. xP
I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in God either. x3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/15/2010, 10:39 am

Welcome to blogging! Very Happy *shakes Draggy's hand vigorously*

YAYCOOKIE! Very Happy I finally have my nomnom cookies! *nomnom*

That sounds like an epic group. :O Makes me wanna be an unschooler just so I can go to it!

*giggle* Yay purple! xD I'm stunned at how insane this song is. cheesy Quite epic!

I can't really think of anything that you'd call evil that at least people of my particular Christian religion would do for God, to be honest. xD But, ah, whatevs, we all have our beliefs about stuff and so . . . well, anyway, I think your words are wise. nod Love is powerful, and love should never hurt anyone. I like love lots and lots! *huggles love* Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 1312AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 2412AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 3349AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 3548AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStar 4/15/2010, 12:46 pm

Foreign! Hey, thanks for commenting, I appreciate it! (:

ARGH is epic, I find the music so inspiring, and YES. I mean, it's so cliche but... when you think about it, it's pretty darn obvious. XD

Oh, gosh, that sucks, Minimaid. D: Nasty families = no. I'm pretty happy with mine, personally...
And, on the signature thing, it's not just something no one could say; no one can say it. I asked MissGnomie about putting it into my signature on there, too, and she said no - it's best to keep the topic off the site, apparently. Blah.

But yes, you may. (: Spread the loofs and support!

Arianna, you just earned some cool points. XD And yes, greed is a rather powerful force of its own. That constant chant of 'more, more, more'... it's sickening.

Shadow, thanks for your comment!

Haha, thank you! I think it'll be fun. (:

ARGH IS epic. I'm also going to a summer camp for a week in August, and it's run by the same person who originally started ARGH. I loooove the gathering, though... all of my awesome Unschooler friends go to it. (:

It's AWESOME. And yes, totally insane. But I loofs it. |3

I wasn't sure how you'd take to reading this post, seeing as I think I may have gotten a little close to flaming Christianity. XD Sorry about that. But, like I said at the top of the blogness, I'm not always inclined toward it. >_> It just... idk. It doesn't make sense, and I don't particularly want to be a part of that particular religion. Personally, I'm far more interested in Buddhism. -nod-
DragonStar
DragonStar
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by minimaid 4/15/2010, 3:48 pm

Whoot, I almost want to make a fake acount on WI to do that, hehe.
minimaid
minimaid
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/17/2010, 12:21 am

Lol, well, I'm cool with the religion-related stuff. ^^ I'm working on keeping my mind open to all opinions, so yup . . . I do think I see what you mean. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 1312AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 2412AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 3349AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 3548AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT; (4/15/2010) don't call it love if it' 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down