The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Persons' Guide to Twig

5 posters

Go down

The New Persons' Guide to Twig Empty The New Persons' Guide to Twig

Post by Arianna 4/29/2010, 12:04 pm

This guide here aims to help you get situated in Twig. While the community is awesome, some of the features sometimes take a bit of time to understand. Hopefully after reading this, you'll be an expert on the features of Twig. If not, you can always post in the Help forum.

First of all, welcome to Twig, if you're new! We're an amazing site (of course) and it's great that you're here. I'm sure that you'll have an awesome time here.

The Site Rules
This is very important, so you better read them! There's a whole forum for them, so just check them out! As long as you follow the rules which are displayed here, you can't get into trouble. Wink

Maturity and Fantasy
Chances are that if you've joined Twig, you want to post stories, poems, or roleplays. That's great! Just remember - you have to let us know what your story, poem, or roleplay has in it. That means if it's got blood and gore, you've got to tell us. Same for romance. These two things go in your maturity rating.
If you've got magical unicorns in your story, poem, or roleplay, that's great -- just remember to put it in the fantasy rating!
These ratings go in two places - in your thread description, and at the top of your thread. You need to put it in your description, but if you want to make it more detailed than what can fit in the description, you can put that in your thread.

Usernames
Many new people join with one username, decide they'd like another, and ask how it can, or if it can, be changed. Of course it can!
Just PM Shadow (shadowsowner888), the awesome admin and owner of this site. Beware, though -- you can only change your username once every 3 months, so make sure you really like the username you're changing to!

Badges
Badges are little images that you can put in your badge slot. How to get them? Simply go to the profile link and put the img codes for your images in the "Badges" slot.
Keep in mind that your badges and your TwigAdopts together should not go over 300 pixels vertically. I've built this app for you to check to see if it works.

TwigAdopts
TwigAdopts is an adoptables site that Jade and I run. You can adopt a variety of tiny pets. We introduce new ones each month, but you'll need to trade for the old ones!
There's a whole section for TwigAdopts, where you can post your adoptables and click others, as well as ask questions and simply discuss TwigAdopts! You can also put up to 5 of them in your TwigAdopts slot, as long as they and the badges take up no more than 300 pixels vertically.

Something I haven't answered?
Just ask in the Help section! There are a ton of great members who will happily help. Very Happy

The reason this goes here is because it's where new people come first. However, I could also have it moved to the help section. Smile

Last edited by Arianna on 4/29/2010, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The New Persons' Guide to Twig 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

The New Persons' Guide to Twig Empty Re: The New Persons' Guide to Twig

Post by shadowsowner888 4/29/2010, 12:20 pm

Oooh, Ari, good idea. *-* Could I sticky this?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The New Persons' Guide to Twig 1312The New Persons' Guide to Twig 2412The New Persons' Guide to Twig 3349The New Persons' Guide to Twig 3548The New Persons' Guide to Twig 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 4/29/2010, 12:31 pm

Oooh, yes please! :3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The New Persons' Guide to Twig 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/19/2010, 7:24 am

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't seen this yet. *__*

If you don't mind, I'm just commenting to say that yeah, this really is a good idea, and the guide is great. Smile
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by MarielofRedwall 7/21/2010, 6:17 pm

Thank you so much for this information! Very Happy
MarielofRedwall
MarielofRedwall
Short Short Maker