The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~A Ghostly Reminder~

3 posters

Go down

~A Ghostly Reminder~ Empty ~A Ghostly Reminder~

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/29/2010, 11:36 pm

Maturity: Not much in the romance department, possibly a marrige. There is some violence that has to do with gunshots and death, but nothing to bloody or graphic. I edited those parts out. Fantasy: Well, it's about ghosts, I don't want to spoil it.

~A Ghostly Reminder~

~~~~~

Prologue

There is a difference between reality and fantasy. When you go to school for the first day in a new town, and it doesn't start out that great. That's reality. When you go to school for the first day and everyone loves you and you find your life long partner. That of course is fantasy. Which one do you like better? If you chose fantasy, boy you are headed in the wrong direction. So turn around and read the signs. A young lady named Maggie Brown and her brother Jacob learned the hard way.

It was early October, they were walking home from school. Maggie sixteen, Jacob twelve. They thought they had just had the best day ever. Maggie found out her crush had a crush on her, and he instantly dumped his popular girlfriend for her when he learned she had a crush on him. Then Maggie was honored with becoming one of the most popular in school because of her crush. Jacob had aced his math test that day, got picked for the lead role in his class play, and learned he was the best player on his baseball team and his dad was super proud.

Sounds like a great day, huh? Well the truth is, there was no truth to that story at all. Maggie and Jacob imagined it all. In reality, Jacob was the worst student in his class, and would never even be picked for a school play after his first disaster. He only played baseball because his mother encouraged it so he could make friends, but it didn't work. Maggie was the school nerd, her crush, Andrew Sorana was the love of every girl, and wouldn't give up his girlfriend if his life depended on it. And their father? He lies in Bonaventure Cemetery, and has for eight years. Their mother never remarried afraid her kids would disapprove.

As the two turned the corner they found themselves instantly blinded by an unseen force. They were to busy daydreaming to see two eighteen year old boys come up behind them and hit them each in the back of the heads. Maggie and Jacob woke to see themselves in an abandoned building. Concrete walls surrounded them. Jacob heard a gunshot and turned to see his sister being dragged away by her ankles. Jacob was about to scream her name when everything went black.

Jacob woke in Bonaventure Cemetery, only a few miles from their house in Savannah, Georgia. He was standing next to his sister Maggie. She stared down at the headstone in front of them. Jacob saw the headstone and leaned down to read it, Maggie Brown 1982-1998, and, Jacob Brown 1986-1998. His eyes widened and looked up at his sister.

Maggie opened her mouth to speak, but all she could say was, "Oh …"

~~~~~

Chapter 1

She stared blankly out the closed window at the moving truck. She watched as the movers packed the last boxes into the back of the truck.

"Christine," a voice from outside her former bedroom door, "time to go." The girl, Christine, turned her attention away from the movers outside the window towards the door.

"Coming." She muttered as she walked through the door to see her mother, Joyce Sorana, waiting there for her with an upset look.

"Honey-"

"Save your breath mom, I still don't want to move." Christine interrupted.

"But think of the possibilities, you can make new friends-"

"And loose the old ones." Christine muttered under her breath.

"Christine, I've had enough, first you go all gothic, now this! If I have to drag you there by your hair I will." Her mother said getting annoyed.

"Leave me here, forget about me, and never look back. It's better that way." Christine said trying to pursued her mother, but it was no use.

"Christine Elizabeth Sorana! That's enough and I mean it!" Screamed her mother. Christine made a pouty face at her mother, then turned away smiling to herself. Her mother stood where she had been cursing under her breath.

Finally they got into their car. The moving truck behind them. As they passed the house they had once lived in, Christine swore she saw a girl watching them from the bedroom window. Christine made her mother stop and look, but the girl was gone.

They drove for hours from their former home in Miami, Florida, to their future home in Savannah, Georgia. They eventually got there and Christine frowned. She had several failed attempts to ditch her mom at gas stations, finding herself running into her mom every time. When she did her mother glared. "I think I dropped something." Was all Christine would say.

Christine's mother pulled up to a small house on Hawaii Avenue, the house number read 2468. With it just being the two of them there was no need for a huge place. Christine sighed and walked up to the house. The place was surrounded by vines and trees.

"What a dump." Christine said, "I though you could do so much better mom." A smile formed on Christine's face as her mom sighed and shook her head. The look on her mother's face read, "She's right." Or at least that's what Christine wanted it to say. Really it said, "What am I going to do with this girl."

Christine made her way to her new room. The house inside seemed a bit bigger. But for Christine it seemed to have gotten smaller. She found her room and set down her suitcase and coughed at the dust that flew up from the carpet.

"How old is this place, mom!" She continued to cough at the dust flying around from boxes being moved in.

"It's just a little dusty, a good vacuuming should clean this house up." Her mom said patting the counter, dust flying up off it.

"I'm guessing the last owners lived her about fifty years ago." Christine mumbled.

After hours of moving boxes in. They final box was set in the living room and the movers left. Christine sighed and plopped down on the couch. She went to flip on the TV, but it stayed blank.

"Mom! The TV won't work!" She shouted to her mom across the house.

"That's because it's not plugged in!" Her mom shouted back.

"Ugh!" Christine said going to find the cords for the TV, but finding all outlets blocked by what looked like thousands of boxes. "Great!" She sighed and walked to her room where her bed lay in pieces. She started moving the frame aside and set up her mattress instead. She pulled her sheets out of a box in the hallway and made her bed. The sun was setting and she went to ask her mom when dinner was, but she was gone. Hoping she was just getting McDonalds.

Christine decided to shoot some hoops in their basketball net out front. Digging around in boxes to find her ball when she found a picture of her and her father from three years ago. She was so happy then. Now everything was a black hole sucking away her life.

The doorbell rang and Christine answered it. There standing in front of her were two pale figures, they almost appeared see through. Christine gasped and slammed the door shut. Closing her eyes and taking a few breaths before looking out the peep hole. Nothing.

Last edited by 4everme4everbeauty on 4/30/2010, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

~A Ghostly Reminder~ Siggy~Ivy
Super Star~~A Ghostly Reminder~ Siggy
~A Ghostly Reminder~ Siggy~Ruby
Jazz~~A Ghostly Reminder~ Siggy
~A Ghostly Reminder~ Siggy~King of Diamonds

*small voices* Click us! Click us! Well give you a present!
Female Posts : 1259

http://4everme4everbeautyproductionsofficialsite.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

~A Ghostly Reminder~ Empty Re: ~A Ghostly Reminder~

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 4/30/2010, 7:50 am

I LOVE IT!!!!! (: Gosh Ells, how do you come up with these things?
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
~A Ghostly Reminder~ Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/30/2010, 9:55 am

I watched Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel for a whole day. I could barely sleep that night, but it turned into a great story! LOL!
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 4/30/2010, 6:37 pm

Chapter 1 finished
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 5/15/2010, 9:39 am

Sorry I haven't posted chapter 2 yet, I haven't been able to work on it.
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 5/20/2010, 1:37 pm

*sigh* I really need to gett mack to working on chapter 2 ... I have writers block. I'm surprised I got through writing my essay.

He he, I accidentally wrote mack insstead of back. Blah, I am so in another world right now! LOL!

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 5/21/2010, 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : merged doublepost)
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/21/2010, 9:54 pm

Please remember not to doublepost unless it's a significant amount of time after you've already posted. ^^ If you have something else to say, you can edit it into your original post. Thank you!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

~A Ghostly Reminder~ 1312~A Ghostly Reminder~ 2412~A Ghostly Reminder~ 3349~A Ghostly Reminder~ 3548~A Ghostly Reminder~ 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down