The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 words

+15
Komoda
Jinx
Noah the Flood
Avé
iGrievous
Mouse
PugsRock
Akeria
shadowsowner888
Taylor_Potter
Jesus4Eternity
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
rattyjol
MusicWritingLove
Arianna
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

100 words Empty 100 words

Post by Arianna 5/24/2010, 1:14 pm

This is more of a little game than it is a prompt thread, but I figured I'd put it here. Very Happy

Anyway, what you have to do is write 100 words, no less, on the thing which the person above you has posted. They might have posted a word or a sentence or whatever - as long as you can relate your story to it, it's fine. Then, just post some kind of prompt for the next person.

I'll start -
Pinky promise.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

100 words 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

100 words Empty Re: 100 words

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/24/2010, 2:06 pm

"Things will never change forever and ever, okay?"
That was the promise that I swore to my best friend Lucy when I was five.
I was young then. The rest of the world didn't matter as long as I had my mother, my sister and Lucy.
Everything's changed now. Lucy ran off ten years later when we were both only fifteen with a man that was already married. My mother is dead from cancer, and my sister...she fled this small town while she had the chance. I didn't take that chance.
Pinkie promise. Two words.
I promised. She didn't.

Smile
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/24/2010, 2:23 pm

"Smile," he says. His voice is sad, because he knows that Miranda isn't happy. "Darling, please smile. I can't bear to see you like this."
Miranda looks up at him. Tears fill her eyes, just as they have for the last days, weeks, months. "She's dead. How can you assume that I'll accept it? It's not fair, Richard, and you know it."
"I never said it was-"
"You just implied it. Rich, you expect me to get over this. Stop assuming that I will." Tears flow out of her eyes and onto the wooden floor. She sits down, feeling faint. "You think I love you more than I loved her. My own mother. You're wrong."

Ten wishes.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

100 words 461

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/24/2010, 2:32 pm

I'm cleaning this lamp (I work in an antique shop) when suddenly, this huge floating dude lamp pops out.
"Hey," he says in a deep, calming voice, "ten wishes!"
I'd like to say that I wasn't staring at him, my mouth hanging open, but that would be a lie.
"You alright?"
I stand up and drop the lamp to the floor. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask, exasperated. "I got everything I wanted when I met the genie a few days ago! Go pick on another kid, thank you."
He frowns, then disappears.
Sitting down, I sigh. Typical.

Clickity clack.
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/24/2010, 9:18 pm

Clickity clack. Clickity clack. Clickity clack.
Rachael's fingers tap on the keyboard as she writes. The typewriter reaches the end of the line and she slides it back to the beginning. She loves old fashioned things. That's why she uses a typewriter, rather than a computer. Why should she bother with all the wires and programming and glitches? Good old ink and paper, that's what she likes.
She stands, brushing her hair out of her eyes, and skims over the pages she's already written. She smiles and sets down her work, and walks away.
And all the while, the typewriter is still going, the keys moving on their own.
Clickity clack. Clickity clack. Clickity clack.

Golden crown.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 5/24/2010, 9:58 pm

The golden crown was placed on his head, and he sucked in a breath. He was king of Grefosai. How this had happened….he didn’t know.
“All welcome King Herta!” A servant called, and rested on his knees, bowing. The rest of the rest followed suit. They chanted his name a few times, and tears came to his eyes.
“King Herta! King Herta!”
“Thank you.” He murmured. “You won’t believe how much this means to me!” The servant nodded and stood up, leaving the room. All but one civilian also departed. He looked at her curiously. Why had she stayed? She slowly walked up to him, her lip trembling.
Then he recognized her. It was her.

(112 words)
Do you mind if I use this for a story? :3

Heavy work.
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

100 words Siggy 100 words Siggy 100 words Siggy 100 words Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 5/29/2010, 6:06 pm

MusicWritingLove wrote:"Things will never change forever and ever, okay?"
I was young then. The rest of the world didn't matter as long as I had my mother, my sister and Lucy.
Everything's changed now. Lucy ran off ten years later when we were both only fifteen with a man that was already married. My mother is dead from cancer, and my sister...she fled this small town while she had the chance. I didn't take that chance.
I promised. She didn't.

Smile

[Do you mind if I use this idea? I really like it if you don't mind. If not, that's fine too. (:]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

100 words Siggy
100 words Siggy100 words Siggy
100 words Siggy100 words Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor_Potter 6/3/2010, 3:58 pm

The summer sun glared down even in a cool place like North Carolina. While people in the south had it much warmer, it still was blistering for an afternoon at home.
She set another package on the table and started filling it with various items. For the next seventy-two hours this was her job. Set down, pack, fill, close, get a new box.
None of it was even her own things, all other people. But why was she doing it? She was Cinderella without her prince...
"Hard work..." she snarled but sealed the box once more. "Where's the other one?"

Breeze
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6743

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 6/3/2010, 3:59 pm

Jesus4Eternity wrote:
MusicWritingLove wrote:"Things will never change forever and ever, okay?"
I promised. She didn't.

Smile

[Do you mind if I use this idea? I really like it if you don't mind. If not, that's fine too. (:]

[Go ahead. XD I really don't mind.]
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/3/2010, 6:20 pm

Fairies screamed with delight, darting about in the meadow. A light breeze was sweeping through the area, setting the plants swaying and making the little creatures' flight patterns much more erratic.

“Tag, you’re it!”

“No, you!”

“No tagbacks already!” The fairy stuck her tongue out at her playmate, then danced a few feet away, her sparkly wings leaving the air shimmering. “Go tag somebody else!”

“Well maybe I will!” To top off her statement, this fairy stuck her tongue out, rasberried, and raced off for her next victim.

Everyone seemed to be having fun . . . until the shadow crossed the moon.

Monkeys and Elvis.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

100 words 1312100 words 2412100 words 3349100 words 3548100 words 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 6/4/2010, 9:07 am

Alice and Beth, best friends, were strolling down the street. Alice couldn't think of anything to do, so she dropped a bombshell.

"I don't like the Beatles."

"WHAT?" Beth sounded outraged. "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

"Well, it's true," Alice said in a dreamy voice, "I just don't."

Beth blinked repeatedly and wiped a her forehead from the heat. "That's horrible. It's like..."

"It's like what?" Alice was throughly enjoying this turn of events.

"It's like not being able to tell the difference between a monkey and Elvis."

Now it was Alice's turn to be outraged. "YOU DON'T LIKE ELVIS PRESLEY? T-THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

Moon and Sun
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor_Potter 6/4/2010, 3:44 pm

Ember shut her eyes, letting the music of the coffee shop transport her mind else where. She'd have been content to sit there and vegetate but...
"Emmy! Come on!" came the whine of her best friend. Craig hated the coffee shop with its warm smells, jazzy music and sleepy atmosphere.
Ember opened one eye and sighed heavily; she hated how those amber eyes could guilt her into anything. She waved her hand and the waiter grazed over.
"I got it," Craig smiled and took the check, his warm hand touching her freezing arm.
They were so different... Like the moon and sun and yet there was something there that connected them more than anyone else could see. Almost like destiny.

Magic
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 6/4/2010, 6:12 pm

“C’mon, Shelby!”
Nervous, Shelby Hurr waved the wand again, tapping it on the top hat. Nothing happened. She lifted it, peeking under slightly. Nothing was inside.
“Cabra Adabra!” She shouted, tapping the hat again. Her little brother sat cross-legged in front of the hat, his arm wound tightly together.
“Do something!” He whined. “Okay, okay.” Shelby said, and took a deep breath. She waved the wand a little, her eyes closed. Suddenly the words came to her.
Abra cadabra!” Shelby shouted, tapping the hat once more. Sparks flew and the air around them swirled. The hat began to move, and out popped a rabbit.
“Magic.” Shelby breathed.
(107 words)

Music
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/4/2010, 11:47 pm

"Heyyy, I'm gonna sing this song, oooh la la!" my mom screeched, her voice like metal grinding against my nerves.

"Augh, mom, please!" I begged desperately. "Just stop singing already!"

"I can't stop singing, it's just too refreshing!" She started to dance a little jig upon the floor, still holding the handle of a knife to her mouth as if it were a microphone. If she wasn't careful, she was going to seriously hurt herself.

"Mom, I can't take this, just shut up!" I tried again, hoping that maybe she would go back to just cooking, so I could work.

Wish you wouldn't.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

100 words 1312100 words 2412100 words 3349100 words 3548100 words 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor_Potter 6/5/2010, 12:01 am

"But Ame--"

"Save it!" came a bite. Amethyst was walking through the courtyard, trying to put as much distance between her and Derrick as possible.

"Amethyst, it's not what it looks like!" he pleaded, turning his hurried pace into a run. His hand gripped her wrist and she spun around to face him.

Tears etched a clear path on her sun kissed cheeks. Her violet eyes were filled with tears still unshed, "I wish you wouldn't keep playing with my emotions!" She sobbed and tried to wrench his hand away.

"But I love--"

"No!" she screamed, tugging hard and pulling her arm from his grip. "No you don't..."
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/5/2010, 7:22 am

Um... I can has prompt?

her voice like metal grinding against my nerves.
That made me laugh, no clue why.

Hats.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/5/2010, 7:53 am

I tried on one hat after the other, but none of the suited me just right. The first hat was too formal, with a red rim around the main tophat body, and the second hat looked just like what a clown would wear.
Why couldn't I find proper headwear?
I searched every single inch of the store, but none of the hats fit me; they were too colorful or too dark, too small or too big, much too serious or way too silly. Eventually I gave up, assuming that I didn't really need a hat for a nice spring day like this.

Ambulance.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

100 words 461

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/5/2010, 8:14 am

I remember the lights coming towards me, blinding me, then the impact. I remember the sound of crushed metal, and the sound of my high pitched scream. Then all I remember is a siren from the ambulance.
I woke up in a hospital bed. I groaned. "Mom?" I tried to move my right arm, but I couldn't feel it. I was messed up completely. "What happened to me?"
All she did was hug me, and I knew this was bad.

Moonless Night
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse 6/5/2010, 3:27 pm

The darkness swept over me, consuming me in it's dark, velvety depths. I hated these nights; the dark nights. It happened only once a month, when the moon hid completely, shying away. It was these nights I feared the most, because it was impossible to see. Sight was the sense I valued most, ever since my hearing had left me.

I prayed that it would end soon, that morning was near. I could not bare the void black for a second longer. My heart pounded and my breathing was uneven. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. Not on this moonless night.
(102 words)

Love
Mouse
Mouse
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

100 words Siggy
100 words Siggy
100 words Siggy100 words Siggy100 words Siggy
Female Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/6/2010, 9:24 am

"I love you. . ." Her voice whispered softly to him. Though he lacked the ability to say it aloud, she could see the same sentence repeated in his eyes. She hugged him, a tear sliding down her face as she thought how horrible it must be for him to live every day, never able to speak. Yet, he coped, his friendly smile never wavering for a moment.

She repeated the sentence. “I love you. . .” And her face was suddenly lifted in a smile, as she continued, “. . . Fido.” For he was her beloved dog, and her love for him was undying.

Just a hundred words there. Very Happy

I won't come back
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/7/2010, 1:21 pm

"Don't... go," I whispered, my voice desperate. This couldn’t be happening; it wasn’t possible. I lowered my gaze, not wanting to let my eyes betray what I was trying so hard to keep hidden.

He didn’t respond. All he did was shake his head, using one finger to tap my chin, raising it up so my eyes were now locked with his. “I don’t want to,” he murmured softly, closing the distance between our lips. “But I have to. And I won’t come back.” I knew that he had meant what he said.

This was the last time I’d see him.

Let's play a killing game.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 6/7/2010, 1:27 pm

Horrified, Kelly read the letter on further. “Let’s play a killing game.” She whispered, and glanced up at her friends and neighbors. Would they all die? Or was this a hoax?
Suddenly, Kelly’s roommate, Ken, clutched his heart, and his knees buckled.
“Ken!” Kelly cried, grabbing his arm. She rested two fingers on his wrist. No pulse. “He’s dead.” She realized. “This…this is real.”
Then she looked down at the letter, and saw more words appear on the paper.
That enough proof for you? It read. Tears leaking from her eyes, Kelly nodded.
Let’s play a killing game. It said.

Burn them.
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 6/7/2010, 1:28 pm

I couldn't believe I had actually done it. My grey blue eyes were now dripped with red. My skin...it was paler. Alot paler then before. And the craving was unbarable. All I wanted to do was get my hands on one of them..not one..all of them. The urge was like a hurricane raging through my whole entire existence

"Good" The man behind me purred, rubbing his hands together. He had the same qualities as me. Red trimmed eyes and ghost-like skin. He spoke again, the sound bone-chilling

"Now, what do you say? Lets play a killing game"

I'll never let you go
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 6/7/2010, 1:33 pm

(...Noah. We both did the same thing. xP)
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 6/7/2010, 1:44 pm

(Ohhh....)
(Whoop!)