The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5(25(10: Improv.

+2
Arianna
iGrievous
6 posters

Go down

5(25(10: Improv. Empty 5(25(10: Improv.

Post by iGrievous 5/25/2010, 2:10 pm

I don't have a blog in mind today, but I want to make one. So here I am.

Well, mom signed me up for piano lessons again. I can't believe my bad luck.

This never would've happened if Shad' didn't have to go back... *flashback*

See, we were just gonna sign the two younger sibs up, but the piano teacher said that Shad' was too good to not come back.

Sidenote:] If she's so good, then why does she need the stinking lessons?

*end flashback*

Now, my mom signed me up, I mean, everyone else is in, why not me?

Why not? I'll tell you why not. I love music. I love my music. I love the music I know and love. I love the freedom to play what I will if it suits me. But with the piano lessons, (which shouldn't even be called piano lessons- I can play fine, thank you.) I'll have to play the music my teacher gives me, (which will be stuff too complex too even comprehend) actually practice it, and not because I want to! Oh no, that's not music. Music is this:

You write a song. Something you understand and get. Then maybe you write some tabs. Something in your ability that feels right. You play it, not because you have to, or because you're told to, but because you want to. You know why Dave Grohl was with Nirvana? It wasn't because he'd get anything out of it, but because he loved the music! And when he had to go on tour, he'd quit his job, and beg for it back when he returned!

I just can't stand the thought of being caged like that. (I don't mean like Dave Grohl, like piano lessons, just FYI.) I wanna play for the sake of playing because I love to. If I at least had some source of that, maybe everything else wouldn't be so sucky.

Need I return to that topic? Feeling abandoned by my band? Could I even call it that? It's still more of an idea than an object.

If I had a set o' drums, I might be able to form a band, or join Zach's. (Zach from band on Thursday.) Even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for, it would let me do something over the wait.

I think the problem is that the things I love most in life are the things I just can't do. (Wow, deep thoughts here, my eyes are starting to tear up!) I go on every day, but it's the same, and I just can't find any lasting happiness. It all fades over a short period of time.

Well, this brings me to money (which is why I can't get me a drum set, spoiled children (And no offense, I'm not really that serious, but I'm having a moment here, so there'r no smileys at this point.)) Which brings me to the topic of iPod touches and iPads.

I wanna get an iPod touch, but I think I need to get some kind of loose income method first. But what?

I was on an iPad at the apple store yesterday. The biggest problem I saw was that when I was editing my blog, there were no scrollbars on the text window (y'know, the kind I'm writing this blog in now.) because you use your finger to scroll down the window. But when I tried that in the text window, it just thought I was editing the text that I did see. That could be a big problem, especially if all the internet stuff I'd probably do on one is TWIG since Runescape doesn't work (But I wonder if it would if you installed a flashplayer on it??)

Well, anyway, I wonder if an iTouch'd be worth it, due to the above facts. Maybe the text window actually works on Touches. I didn't get a chance to use one before we left the Apple store.

I think the biggest rip-off of the iPad is the fact that it's like a computer, yet still an iPod!

There are no USB ports on it, and you have to plug it in to a cpu and stuff with an iPod dock connector! You actually need a computer to use it! Something this convenient shouldn't be this... Well, inconvenient.

I say, you're better off with a Macbook. The iPad is pretty much just an oversized iPod Touch.

But whatever. It's new, and it's fun, and it's Apple®️!

Wait, is that what I think it is? The corporation named Apple®️ actually bought out that title? But what are apples supposed to be called now? "Ryuk's Delights?" xD

That was just a joke. It doesn't work that way, I know.

Well, now that we have a good note to end on, I think I shall click the send button, for my sake, and yours. But like the others do, I will post some questions for fun.

1. What do you love to do?
2. Is it in your direct ability to do so?
3. Do you have an iPod touch or iPhone or iPad or Apple®️ computer (like one that's actually yours, not just the family's) that you did not buy yourself?
4. How about ones you did buy?
5. What do you think of the iPad?
6. Would your parents get you one if you didn't/don't have one?
7. Why/why not?
8. Do you think they should be called "Ryuk's Delights?"
9. When do you get out of school? (Not the time, but what day is school out for you?)
10. What fun plans come to mind when you think about out-of-school liberation?

I think that's reasonable for now. Here's my answers even if you already know them:

1. Play drums, and good (in my opinion,) music in general/play good music in rockband-type thing.
2. Heck, no.
3. No. I have none of those, and Justin Bieber (however you spell it, but I don't want any corrections!) would sing like Darth Vader before I got one without paying for it myself.
4. Still no.
5. I dunno about it, but it's new and cool, and what else matters? xD (It's a joke.)
6. As stated before, Justin Girlyvoice, Darth Vader, no.
7. Because we don't have any money... And they wouldn't even consider it just due to the fact that I don't need it. But I'm fine.
8. Hmm... Maybe. It sounds promising.
9. "I wish I knew, m'boy." -iGrievous, Noah's Blogasaurus Rex yesterday
10. None. Didn't you get yesterday that I don't have any schedule at all, and everyone I know does? No hostility to you on my part.

It's really time I finished. Pray for Mark, who has bad brain inflamation, if it's not too much to ask. And pray for me, please. Not that there's anything wrong, but the best time to pray for someone is anytime, so...

-iGrievous, the exile.

PS:) Thanks for reading.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

5(25(10: Improv. Empty Re: 5(25(10: Improv.

Post by Arianna 5/25/2010, 2:17 pm

1. What do you love to do? Code. Very Happy
2. Is it in your direct ability to do so? Yup.
3. Do you have an iPod touch or iPhone or iPad or Apple®️ computer (like one that's actually yours, not just the family's) that you did not buy yourself? Nope.
4. How about ones you did buy? *cough* Again, nope. Beware, rant ahead.
5. What do you think of the iPad? I think that it's stupid product with a stupid name. It's not much better than an iPod, and like all Apple products it's incredibly closed - it doesn't even show Flash, just because Apple likes having a monopoly. I hate monopolies, unless they're like Google. You see, Google has a ton of open-source stuff, such as the android phones. And when you look at it, they're much more capable than iPhones and iPod touches and iPads, in my opinion. Also, OPEN SOURCE FTW. *end rant*
6. Would your parents get you one if you didn't/don't have one? No, 'cause all of us hate iPads. Very Happy
7. Why/why not? Answered in question above.
8. Do you think they should be called "Ryuk's Delights?" Why not?
9. When do you get out of school? (Not the time, but what day is school out for you?) Ugh... the 24th, I think.
10. What fun plans come to mind when you think about out-of-school liberation? People burning school books. xD I'm not sure how fun that is, but... :3

I think that you should try to enjoy your piano lessons. The ones I have now are awesome - my teacher is, too. Rather than just saying 'play this', I get to choose the songs I play. Maybe if you bring in piano sheet music for a song by an artist you'd like that you'd like to learn, she'll let you play it?

Last edited by Arianna on 5/25/2010, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

5(25(10: Improv. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 5/25/2010, 2:23 pm

1. What do you love to do? Make people happy. And writing stuff.
2. Is it in your direct ability to do so? Yup!
3. Do you have an iPod touch or iPhone or iPad or Apple®️ computer (like one that's actually yours, not just the family's) that you did not buy yourself? I own no portable technology more advanced than this thingymabob from the ninetys.
4. How about ones you did buy? I've explained this
5. What do you think of the iPad? Meh.
6. Would your parents get you one if you didn't/don't have one? No.
7. Why/why not? Not enough money, and I wouldn't want one anyway.
8. Do you think they should be called "Ryuk's Delights?" Why would you call them that?
9. When do you get out of school? (Not the time, but what day is school out for you?) June 4th.
10. What fun plans come to mind when you think about out-of-school liberation? Becoming a hermit and living with my (family's technically) computer again.

Mwahahaha. I'm an exile too you know. However, that was out of my own choice so it is rather different...

Last edited by Jinx on 5/26/2010, 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 5/25/2010, 2:25 pm

1. What do you love to do? Draw or write poems Smile
2. Is it in your direct ability to do so? Yessh
3. Do you have an iPod touch or iPhone or iPad or Apple®️ computer (like one that's actually yours, not just the family's) that you did not buy yourself? Nopee
4. How about ones you did buy? Yes, I bought an iPhone with my birthday money.
5. What do you think of the iPad? I think its a waste. Like you said, an oversized iPod Touch
6. Would your parents get you one if you didn't/don't have one? Probably not
7. Why/why not? Cause, its not something I NEED. If they did, it'd be for like Christmas or my birthday...MAYBE. But I don't want an iPad anyway xD
8. Do you think they should be called "Ryuk's Delights?" Sounds cool to me xD
9. When do you get out of school? Alreaaady out.
10. What fun plans come to mind when you think about out-of-school liberation? Being lazyy, and making plans on a wim cause you don't have to worry about school.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 5/25/2010, 11:29 pm

1. What do you love to do? ~ Write poems. Sing. Read.
2. Is it in your direct ability to do so? ~ Pretty much, I guess
3. Do you have an iPod touch or iPhone or iPad or Apple®️ computer (like one that's actually yours, not just the family's) that you did not buy yourself? ~ Like, my parents got it for me? Then yeah, an iPod Touch.
4. How about ones you did buy? ~ I didn't buy anything myself xD
5. What do you think of the iPad? ~ It seems kinda pointless to me. Like you said, it's just an oversized iPod Touch. But I've never played with it so I don't think I should judge xD
6. Would your parents get you one if you didn't/don't have one? ~ Probably not.
7. Why/why not? ~ I have an iPod Touch and they promised me a laptop as a graduation present.
8. Do you think they should be called "Ryuk's Delights?" ~ Well I don't know what Ryuk means.....xD
9. When do you get out of school? (Not the time, but what day is school out for you?) ~ I dunno. June something-or-other xD
10. What fun plans come to mind when you think about out-of-school liberation? ~ Sleeping. (xD) Hanging out with friends. Random stuff.

Justin Girlyvoice
I love that. xD That has to be the greatest thing ever. xD And for saying that, I shall give you a round of applause:
5(25(10: Improv. 812483
xD
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/26/2010, 11:39 pm

You know, Gri, I had a talk with our teacher. She's going to have a talk with Mom about your lessons, see if she can stop them maybe, because I told her you really didn't wanna take them. smug

1. Very Happy Spend time online.
2. Usually. xD
3. Yes. Three Macs. xD
4. Meh iPoddy. :O
5. I think it's cool . . . I mean, I don't really get the point, to be honest, but I love it because it's perfect for what I need, so I can go and buy it without having to buy a whole computer. ^^
6. Yes. :O I think.
7. Because it's my money. nod
8. Yessss. :3
9. End of June. xP
10. Twig. Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

5(25(10: Improv. 13125(25(10: Improv. 24125(25(10: Improv. 33495(25(10: Improv. 35485(25(10: Improv. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down