The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges!

+2
DreamCatcher81
Arianna
6 posters

Go down

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Empty Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges!

Post by Arianna 8/2/2009, 5:33 am

Hello everyone! I know that Shadow is on vacation, but I just found out how to have badges appear, and in peoples' posts!
What you've got to do is go to Admin Panel >> Users and Groups >> Profiles and then click on the little Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Ajouter plus sign.
Once you've done that, make sure it looks like this...
Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Fieldedit
Now, where it says "Images List", put a url for a badge in a box, and then in the next box, it's name. Click save, then add more.
Now, when a member goes to their profile, they will get something like this..
Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Badgebuy
They may choose one badge, but (we're relying on honesty here) they should have bought or received it as a gift.
Now look at the users' posts!
Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Final

((Feel free to move this to how-tos, I just thought that it might fit here better as it is the continuation of an idea))

EDIT:
I also have another version, where they copy and paste the url in. This would actually be better, so here it goes.
Go to Admin Panel >> Users and Groups >> Profiles and then click on the little Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Ajouter plus sign again. Now, you're on the same screen. Just do this...
Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Fieldedit-1
And then, when the user wants a badge, they've just got to (A) pay reps (B) right click (C) click on "copy image location" (D) Write.. Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Image location goes here And they can use virtually any badge!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Empty Re: Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges!

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/2/2009, 12:34 pm

Awesome! This is great! Thanks Arianna!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Empty Re: Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges!

Post by PugsRock 8/2/2009, 12:40 pm

I'm not a mod, but this is really helpful! Smile
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/2/2009, 1:08 pm

Yep Smile
I think that only Shadow can do it, but hopefully she'll manage to do the second one, that way she's only got to set it up once and people can have badges whenever needed then Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/2/2009, 5:50 pm

That's really awesome, I'll go see if mods can do it Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/3/2009, 1:47 am

Hopefully you can! There's this thing at the bottom called "Administration Control Panel." Can you see it?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/3/2009, 12:52 pm

Nope Razz We'll just have to wait for Shadow
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/3/2009, 2:01 pm

Aww, that's too bad. Hopefully Shadow will get it set up soon, though Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/4/2009, 7:17 pm

Ooo. Very Happy Looks awesome! I'm gonna go see if I can do this.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 1312Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 2412Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 3349Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 3548Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 8/4/2009, 7:19 pm

Where's Admin Panel?
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! SiggyMods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Siggy
Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! SiggyMods, come here! I found out how to display badges! Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/4/2009, 7:20 pm

Yay! I see how! xD So I think the first one might just cause trouble by having the badges actually listed, but I'll set the second one up!

Oh, and yeah. I'm the only one able to see the admin panel, since I'm the only admin. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 1312Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 2412Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 3349Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 3548Mods, come here! I found out how to display badges! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 8/4/2009, 7:50 pm

Dang. I wanna go buy badges now, but Arrianna and I have to work out the shop....
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/5/2009, 2:35 am

Well, the shop will still be basically the same, they'll just put the IMG codes in a different place Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down