The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that?

+3
Avé
rattyjol
Akeria
7 posters

Go down

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? Empty RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that?

Post by Akeria 5/31/2010, 10:38 pm

Inspiration strikes at the least convenient times...

RACE AGAINST MACHINES
My name is Akeria. At least, that's what you can call me. I'm an opinionated writer. You don't have to read what I have to say, but take into consideration, you might want to listen. Use your ears, all of your senses as you read my blog posts. More often than not, they're deeper than what they appear.

May Thirty-First
Two Thousand Ten

Poem of The Day
Work, sleep, work, sleep,
Work:

Work.

Oh free me please with gentle ease
From work, sleep, work, sleep, work!
This odium, pounding tedium
Of my work, sleep, work, sleep, work.

Just whisk me off to lands afar
From work, sleep, work, sleep, work -
That grinding train of rhythmic pain
Called ‘Work, sleep, work, sleep, work.’

Poor neural circuits fizzle and pop
In work, sleep, work, sleep, work,
In trying to make some sense of all this
Work, sleep, work, sleep, work.

But Hark! I see a golden gleam -
A saving spirit of hope:
‘You’re fired! ’ He screams. What news to bear,
This wondrous hangman’s rope!

So now I’m free, released from all this
Work, sleep, work, sleep, work -
Eternal peace and rest for me, no
Work, sleep, work, sleep, work.
By Mark R Slaughter

What I Really Have To Say Today
I hate inspiration. Guahioasndfoiasfdbaoisdfbaoisdfbaoisfdasfda. That is what inspiration does to my brain. It puts it on the fritz, and then it never goes back to normal. Whatever normal is... My brain is always on the fritz. I have 17 days left before finals week, I'm working every night now, and on top of all that, just when I try to lay my weary head down to the pillow to immerse myself in slumber, I get a call from my boss telling me that I need to e-mail everyone and remind them of a meeting tomorrow. Fantastic. So, I get up, send the e-mail, check facebook, sign on to Twig, and whaddyaknow! I'm inspired. Well, I suppose inspiration struck a bit before that... See, I was looking at the prompts (I really need to stop that) and I saw this one from Amanda about running out of tears, and then I was like "CLAIM" and I found a picture to go with it, and it's this girl, crying and playing the violin (I would show you, but she has it copyrighted... Razz) so, I've decided to write yet another story. But this is actually good, because now it gives me a new project for TwigSummerWritingThing or whatever it's actually called. I'm bad with names... Who are you?

What else was interesting today... I drew some more anime, except I messed up Misty's arm and Ash's shirt, which made me mad... But, whatever. And... Then I called my dad... And my sister and I talked about tacos... and I think that was it. I'm a boring person. Don't stare, it's rude.

Ugh, pardon the sarcasm, I'm in a bad mood from work/school/family/parents/friends/everythingintheworldlayingontopofmyshoulders. Yeah. Razz

I need to get some sleep... Hah, EELS SONG! "I need some sleep, I can't go on like this. I tried counting sheep, but there's one I always miss." I always make that my status when I can't sleep. Maybe I'll tweet it/write a freewrite about it. Ugh, I haven't freewritten since... Um... carry the two... February? March? Eh, summfin like dat.

I can has sleep now? I think it's time. Razz Hopefully...

Questions For Thought
1. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
2. Do you have a crazy boss who calls you at ten at night?
3. Do you have a job?
4. How much homework do you get?
5. If you were theoretically working eight hour shifts every day, except Saturday and Sunday when you were working ten hour shifts, as well as going to school from seven in the morning till two in the afternoon, and you had finals in two weeks, not to mention you were failing your chemistry class, and you weren't talking to your mom, because let's face it, you don't really get along with her too well, and your sister lived on the other side of the country, and your dad looked like a pirate because his eyesight is fading due to diabetes, and you felt bad because you haven't talked to your best friend in like a day, and you're supposed to be sticking to a writing schedule, but you can't because you're too busy, so you decide to do character development for a novel writing thing you don't even really have time for, what would you do?
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? Empty Re: RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that?

Post by rattyjol 5/31/2010, 11:17 pm

1. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Um... on weekdays, like seven or seven and a half. On weekends... Four or five. xD
2. Do you have a crazy boss who calls you at ten at night? No.
3. Do you have a job? No.
4. How much homework do you get? Not that much, actually. Very Happy
5. If you were theoretically working eight hour shifts every day, except Saturday and Sunday when you were working ten hour shifts, as well as going to school from seven in the morning till two in the afternoon, and you had finals in two weeks, not to mention you were failing your chemistry class, and you weren't talking to your mom, because let's face it, you don't really get along with her too well, and your sister lived on the other side of the country, and your dad looked like a pirate because his eyesight is fading due to diabetes, and you felt bad because you haven't talked to your best friend in like a day, and you're supposed to be sticking to a writing schedule, but you can't because you're too busy, so you decide to do character development for a novel writing thing you don't even really have time for, what would you do? Um... I don't know. o.0
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? Empty Re: RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that?

Post by Avé 5/31/2010, 11:46 pm

1. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Well, on weekdays, I have to get up at 5:45, and I usually got to sleep around... 12 at the earliest, 2 usually being the latest. So probably around 6 to 4 hours, though sometimes I'll be a good girl and go to sleep at 11. nod
2. Do you have a crazy boss who calls you at ten at night? Should I be happy that my answer is a no...? xD
3. Do you have a job? Nope. no
4. How much homework do you get? Depends on the day and the class.
5. If you were theoretically working eight hour shifts every day, except Saturday and Sunday when you were working ten hour shifts, as well as going to school from seven in the morning till two in the afternoon, and you had finals in two weeks, not to mention you were failing your chemistry class, and you weren't talking to your mom, because let's face it, you don't really get along with her too well, and your sister lived on the other side of the country, and your dad looked like a pirate because his eyesight is fading due to diabetes, and you felt bad because you haven't talked to your best friend in like a day, and you're supposed to be sticking to a writing schedule, but you can't because you're too busy, so you decide to do character development for a novel writing thing you don't even really have time for, what would you do? *-* I'd be really glad that summer break will be here in four and a half days.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 6/1/2010, 12:01 am

1. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Hmm.....I usually go to sleep about one or two...and sometimes get up at around either 9 or 11..so it varies really.
2. Do you have a crazy boss who calls you at ten at night? No...xD
3. Do you have a job? Uhuh.
4. How much homework do you get? Like, barely any!
5. If you were theoretically working eight hour shifts every day, except Saturday and Sunday when you were working ten hour shifts, as well as going to school from seven in the morning till two in the afternoon, and you had finals in two weeks, not to mention you were failing your chemistry class, and you weren't talking to your mom, because let's face it, you don't really get along with her too well, and your sister lived on the other side of the country, and your dad looked like a pirate because his eyesight is fading due to diabetes, and you felt bad because you haven't talked to your best friend in like a day, and you're supposed to be sticking to a writing schedule, but you can't because you're too busy, so you decide to do character development for a novel writing thing you don't even really have time for, what would you do? I'd break down and cry in a corner *-*
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/1/2010, 12:26 am

1. That depends. Usually either six-seven or nine-ten, though.
2. Ugh, thankfully no. xD Not yet, at least.
3. Well, sorta . . . does babysitting count? No? How about my monthly article-writing thing for Fun Online Games? It pays really well, too, and it's professional!
4. I have like eight hours. Cus it's all homework. xD
5. I would start killing myself with stress, find some gum, and sit down and have a good cry while indulging in the watermelony taste. Then I would carry on and do my best. Razz
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? 1312RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? 2412RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? 3349RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? 3548RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 6/2/2010, 9:06 pm

1. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Haha...what's sleep?

2. Do you have a crazy boss who calls you at ten at night?

No, but I have a freshman buddy who does that....

3. Do you have a job?

In a month I will.

4. How much homework do you get?

Haha homework. That almost sounds like you're supposed to do it at home....

5. If you were theoretically working eight hour shifts every day, except Saturday and Sunday when you were working ten hour shifts, as well as going to school from seven in the morning till two in the afternoon, and you had finals in two weeks, not to mention you were failing your chemistry class, and you weren't talking to your mom, because let's face it, you don't really get along with her too well, and your sister lived on the other side of the country, and your dad looked like a pirate because his eyesight is fading due to diabetes, and you felt bad because you haven't talked to your best friend in like a day, and you're supposed to be sticking to a writing schedule, but you can't because you're too busy, so you decide to do character development for a novel writing thing you don't even really have time for, what would you do?

Probably stop working eight hour shifts, that really doesn't leave much time for eating. I find eating to be important.
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 6/2/2010, 9:45 pm

1. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? 6-8.
2. Do you have a crazy boss who calls you at ten at night? Nope.
3. Do you have a job? Nope.
4. How much homework do you get? Not too much.
5. If you were theoretically working eight hour shifts every day, except Saturday and Sunday when you were working ten hour shifts, as well as going to school from seven in the morning till two in the afternoon, and you had finals in two weeks, not to mention you were failing your chemistry class, and you weren't talking to your mom, because let's face it, you don't really get along with her too well, and your sister lived on the other side of the country, and your dad looked like a pirate because his eyesight is fading due to diabetes, and you felt bad because you haven't talked to your best friend in like a day, and you're supposed to be sticking to a writing schedule, but you can't because you're too busy, so you decide to do character development for a novel writing thing you don't even really have time for, what would you do? Take a few benadrils and sleep it off.
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
RACE AGAINST MACHINES (MAY THIRTY FIRST TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- Sleep? What's that? Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down