The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning!

5 posters

Go down

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! Empty RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning!

Post by Akeria 6/3/2010, 2:44 pm

Amazing Day > Crappy Day.

RACE AGAINST MACHINES
My name is Akeria. At least, that's what you can call me. I'm an opinionated writer. You don't have to read what I have to say, but take into consideration, you might want to listen. Use your ears, all of your senses as you read my blog posts. More often than not, they're deeper than what they appear.

June Third
Two Thousand Ten

Poem of The Day
There is a dim light at the other end of the tunnel
the tunnel brightens more as I draw closer
Fear, my worst enemy wants me to give up.
Hope my most valuable companion keeps me moving on.
Taking one step ahead is not easy but I shall overcome.
For I believe that all the suffering is not put to waste.
For there is a dim light at the other end of the tunnel.

I struggle and face my past
The mistakes I make a lesson.
I crave for a better future.
The past is already a story.
The future must be brighter.
I need to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

The world's pleasures try to slow me down.
The body becomes weak.
It releases procrastination.
Yet perseverance is my armor.
So I fall not to the challenge.
My mind is on a prize.
The present is not an issue.
The world just brings discouragement.
and claims I am not capable.

Still I walk with my head high.
Not regarding what is before me.
I believe there is a better life
when I look beyond what is before me.
The light seems brighter and...brighter.
I shall surely make it.

All life's forms of trickery and greed,
I shall not embrace it.
Love is all I have to offer
to the hatred the world has for me.
Love gives me strength beyond measure.
To fulfill the goal that I seek to achieve.
Faith replenishes my health.
Therefore I begin to walk faster.
My words make matter and my energy
brings forth life to the lost hope and dead
zombies in the tunnel.

Therefore I do not seek the light alone as at now.
I move with an army.
The light is our goal, not the end of the tunnel.
For the light is our aim, we settle not for the less.
We fight for the best, lest we not succeed we did
what Napoleon could not.

Dazzling lights approach us.
Who said we could not do?
Impossible is just a contradictory word.
Your Faith is what is true.
Do not believe in doubt.
And pull others with you.

Let your purpose
unite generations and inform generations
to come.
That your thoughts and ways of life
Were examples for them to be one.
By Nathan Gwira

What I Really Have To Say Today
Today started off extremely crappy. Not quite sure why, but my French teacher has an extreme tendency to make me so mad. All she does is give us quizzes on words that we'll never use again. Seriously, when am I going to need to know the correct term for a mink scarf? I'm not. Good thing I'm not taking French again next year... I don't think I could handle another year with this freak... Sign language ftw. But anyway, I was kind of moderately okay in English, because me and my friends Sarah, Mitchell, Olivia, Thomas and Max were out in the hallway "reading" no. We were making fun of each other. What else do high school kids do? Nothing, that's what. (Pardon the sarcastic mood I'm in, please.) What class do I have next... Health! It was so interesting! I love that class. We're watching this movie about STD's but... It's like Degrassi. It's so cool... I love Degrassi. Very Happy Fourth period was good, we were singing like always, but I still was slightly quiet, because I was dreading eighth period (I had to make up a test, because I was in NYC yesterday.) So, I learned about the Cold War fifth period, and how to translate hyperbola's sixth, and by lunch I was freaking out about this test. I was studying (While eating a very tasty salad with chicken nuggets on it :3) when my friend Alexis told me that my chem teacher wasn't here. I didn't have to make up the test! Wooo! And I don't have to make it up tomorrow either. Very Happy Yesyesyesyes! That means I don't have to take it until Monday!

Ahem... So the lesson in this, is that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. See, I'm also happy because I've written over 5000 words on my TwigSummerWritingThingWhoseNameIAlwaysForget's story, and I'm really proud of it, and I know what direction it's going in. And I'm getting a new iPod today! See, the Apple store is having this sale (at least in my town...) where if you buy a new macbook laptop, you get $200 toward any iPod of your choice, and since mine died a few months back, and the iPod I want is $250, we're getting me an iPod classic, 160 gigs, and it holds 40,000 songs. Very Happy Hehehe! I need a name for it... Hmmmmm...

Oh, and I have a story (I'm in a good mood now.) Yesterday, I went to NYC to see Memphis (Great show, totally recommended, especially if you like really jazzy bluesy music. Very Happy). My teacher is really nice, and she let us wander around the city (as long as we stayed within specific streets of Times Square) for about two hours before the show. So, me and my friends went to Toys R Us, and we wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel, but the tickets were all sold out (Rats!) So, we were wandering around the store, and I was walking with my friend Meagan, and she goes. "Look, a giraffe!" and I'm like... "Okay, Meagan." and she's like "No, really! Look" and I look, and there's this guy dressed in a costume that's Jeffery the Giraffe. It was like, eight feet tall. So we laughed, and then walked away, and I felt someone poke me in the back, and I thought it was one of my friends, so I turn, and there's the giraffe! I screamed so loud... People were laughing at me! >.<' Anyway... We took a picture with him, then went to lunch at this place called Juniors (They give you free pickles... Know how most places give you like, bread? You get pickles...) and then we saw the show! Very Happy It was such a fun day.

I think that's all I have to say? Off to work on "What Do You Do, When You Run Out Of Tears?" and go buy me an iPod!

Questions For Thought
1. Do you have an iPod? If so, what kind/generation/color?
2. How many songs do you have?
3. Have you ever been to NYC?
4. Have you ever seen a Broadway show? How many? Which ones?
5. Have you ever been to the Toys R Us in NYC? Did you go on the Ferris Wheel?
6. Have you ever been attacked by an eight foot giraffe in public? In private? At all?
7. Do you have homework tonight?
8. Do you believe in miracles?
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! Empty Re: RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning!

Post by Avé 6/3/2010, 6:45 pm

That poem is gorgeous!

Sorry your day was kind of crappy. D: But yay, Degrassi! And it's good that your teacher wasn't there. ^^

New York City with your friends sounds so fun! :3 We could never do that, though. Our history class went to Epcot today and even that was hectic.

What Do You Do, When You Run Out Of Tears? That sounds like the perfect title. <3

1. Do you have an iPod? If so, what kind/generation/color? Fourth generation, orange.
2. How many songs do you have? ... many. XD
3. Have you ever been to NYC? Yeah, when I was five, and then I was just there a few weeks ago.
4. Have you ever seen a Broadway show? How many? Which ones? Nope. no
5. Have you ever been to the Toys R Us in NYC? Did you go on the Ferris Wheel? Yeah, when I was five - all the tickets were sold out, though. D:
6. Have you ever been attacked by an eight foot giraffe in public? In private? At all? Erm, no? xD My friend got attacked by an ostrich, though!
7. Do you have homework tonight? Thank god, no.
8. Do you believe in miracles? Ehh... kinda. :/
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! Empty Re: RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning!

Post by The Newms 6/3/2010, 8:12 pm

Sorry if I'm like creeping on all your blogs, but you always have fun questions, Keri xD

1. Do you have an iPod? If so, what kind/generation/color?

Generation II orange nano! It takes video, too.

2. How many songs do you have?

Not too many. Only about 300-400. I don't remember.

3. Have you ever been to NYC?

Of course <333

4. Have you ever seen a Broadway show? How many? Which ones?

Yep, I saw "Grease" when I was in eighth grade! I'm also going to see the Lion King in August for my birthday.

5. Have you ever been to the Toys R Us in NYC? Did you go on the Ferris Wheel?

I wish....

6. Have you ever been attacked by an eight foot giraffe in public? In private? At all?

No, but I have been attacked by an eight-foot tall monster at a gardening store. And I've shook hands with a man in a chicken costume downtown.

7. Do you have homework tonight?

Yes, and I am currently neglecting it.

8. Do you believe in miracles?

Yes, it's called my brother making it to the meet of champs for pole vault.
HA, just kidding, private school PV is a joke.

I've yet to see proof of any real miracles, but I'll still believe.
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/3/2010, 8:41 pm

Yeah, so no iPod for me... Razz
We were at checkout, and then my moms card got declined because of its daily limit thing (we were buying a computer and an ipod...) and... needless to say, because banks have ridiculous hours, no iPod.

Angry Keri is Angry.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/3/2010, 8:44 pm

Aw, that sucks. D: Will you still get one at some point, though?
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/4/2010, 6:46 am

Yeah, maybe. I don't know...
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/4/2010, 7:05 am

1. Do you have an iPod? If so, what kind/generation/color? I have a 3rd generation nano. (: It's red.
2. How many songs do you have? 510... not much.
3. Have you ever been to NYC? Yeah. (: I live right by there, but not in NY.
4. Have you ever seen a Broadway show? How many? Which ones? Haha, only kid ones, like Hairspray, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast, but my dad works in the ticketing/theater business so him and my mom go to dozens of shows.
5. Have you ever been to the Toys R Us in NYC? Did you go on the Ferris Wheel? Yes and yes. Fun stuff.
6. Have you ever been attacked by an eight foot giraffe in public? In private? At all? Well, no.
7. Do you have homework tonight? Yeah, but I finished.
8. Do you believe in miracles? Yup.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 6/4/2010, 11:05 pm

Aw, Keri, that stinks! xP Hope you get your ipod soon.
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/5/2010, 2:57 am

1. Yes. He's an iPod Nano, 3rd gen, plain ol silver, and he has 4 gigs. :3
2. 485 or so. Used to have about two hundred more, but I finally started deleting the songs I hated. xD
3. I can't remember. D: I know we were in New York, at least.
4. Nope. Razz
5. Again, no. D:
6. I wish! *-*
7. Technically. xD
8. Why yes I do. c:

Sorry you couldn't get your iPod. D:
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 1312RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 2412RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 3349RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 3548RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/5/2010, 7:36 am

I got it now. Very Happy Her name is Melody-Lynn, and she's beautiful. I'm listening to her right now.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/5/2010, 9:32 am

Haha, I love the name!
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/5/2010, 12:51 pm

:3 Oh my gosh, that's awesome! Tell her hiiii for me. applause And that she's speshul.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 1312RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 2412RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 3349RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 3548RACE AGAINST MACHINES (JUNE THIRD TWO THOUSAND TEN) --- The Light is at the end of the tunnel, not the beginning! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down