The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEEEEEEELPPPP!

+4
Mooniepie
4everme4everbeauty
Arianna
kindro
8 posters

Go down

HEEEEEEELPPPP! Empty HEEEEEEELPPPP!

Post by kindro 6/16/2010, 2:19 pm

Alright, so, at the time, I was THRILLED. But, now, I'm FREAKING OUT, MAN! FREAKING OUT!!

I got my first date. We're going to see Killers on Saturday. I know most of you are older, and have gone on many first dates before and I was wondering a few things:

1.) How do I keep up a conversation with him? I'm very shy, and he's a little shy himself.

2.) How do I make him feel good about himself?

3.) How should I dress?

4.) How should I do my hair?

5.) How should I do my makeup?

6.) How should I act around him?

Pleeeasssse, give some answers to those questions, cuz I'm CLUELESS! D:
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1069

Back to top Go down

HEEEEEEELPPPP! Empty Re: HEEEEEEELPPPP!

Post by Arianna 6/16/2010, 3:00 pm

I totally wish I could help but I haven't had /my/ first date yet... Good luck! :3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

HEEEEEEELPPPP! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 4everme4everbeauty 6/16/2010, 3:13 pm

I may have actually had a boyfriend once, but we never technically went on a date. But my advice is, just be yourself. Unless you are an alien hiding in a human costume, then don't be yourself! LOL! Random moment
4everme4everbeauty
4everme4everbeauty
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

HEEEEEEELPPPP! Siggy~Ivy
Super Star~HEEEEEEELPPPP! Siggy
HEEEEEEELPPPP! Siggy~Ruby
Jazz~HEEEEEEELPPPP! Siggy
HEEEEEEELPPPP! Siggy~King of Diamonds

*small voices* Click us! Click us! Well give you a present!
Female Posts : 1259

http://4everme4everbeautyproductionsofficialsite.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooniepie 6/16/2010, 3:15 pm

Dress like yourself... Just be normal... A little bit extra is fine... But, of you go too far sometimes... It seems a little weird... IDK about convo...
But, other than that... That's all I can say.
Mooniepie
Mooniepie
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 8007

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/16/2010, 7:57 pm

Well . . . I haven't had a date or boyfriend or anything yet, but I hope you don't mind if I try to help you anyway? ^^ Congratulations, by the way! :3

1. Well, if you don't mind being a little random, it's fun to say that every time there's an awkward silence, a puppy dies. nod Or if you don't wanna go for that, just ask him about his favorite music maybe, get into a discussion about songs and stuff. Guys seem to really like music. :3 (One of my guyfriends said that the topics that always come up in a conversation between guys are weapons, girls, and music. nod)
2. Just pay attention to him, smile at him and make eye contact, and after the date, make sure you thank him for taking you. nod
3. It doesn't sound like a big formal thing or anything, so jeans should be fine. ^^ Do put effort into choosing your outfit, though. While he may not necessarily notice, there's always a chance he might, and plus you want to feel good about yourself too, don't you?
4. Idk. *shrug* I never really bothered much with hairstyles. For me, as long as I've washed it recently, I'm good. XD
5. Never had any experience with makeup either, but, hmm . . . don't wear excessive lip stuff? XD
6. :3 Just, normal. It can be hard to tell sometimes what normal is, especially around a guy you like, but if you pretend he's just a normal friend that could help.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

HEEEEEEELPPPP! 1312HEEEEEEELPPPP! 2412HEEEEEEELPPPP! 3349HEEEEEEELPPPP! 3548HEEEEEEELPPPP! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/17/2010, 12:46 am

Same situation as Shadow, essentially. Though I used to be a tomboy, so I know a good lot of things about boys.

1. As Shadow said, weapons and music are big topics, so you could go for either of those. Also, considering you're dating him, you might know a few things about what he likes already. There's this one guy that acts like he likes me who's always talking to me on the bus, and he's really big into cars, the designing of them, construction, technology, Apple and AT&T, so he's always chatting up about those kinds of things. If you have similar interests in anything he really likes, try to bring them up, you'll surely get talking.
2. Shadow pretty much covered it. In addition, at the end, add something about just how wonderful the date was if you enjoyed it. :3
3. Well, it's the movies, so you should be comfortable like everyone else, but maybe try to make him notice you a bit too, like maybe he'll notice you wore a shirt that matches your eyes (if you choose to do that) which could lead to some good thoughts. (And again, like Shadow said, jeans are nice.)
4. Again, I think you should be comfortable, so do it however you normally do it, but I say to keep it down if that helps at all.
5. I don't wear it myself, but I think make-up looks best on younger teens when the colors are natural, not like some dark metallic glittery teal or whatever. So I say to stay light and natural. Sorry if that sounded like a motherly answer though. xD
6. Well, who do you want him to get to know? Yourself. So act like the kind of girl he should expect to get on a day to day basis. Funny? Sensitive? Teasing? Caring? Et cetera, et cetera. And don't feel like you have to be extra careful not to reveal a flaw, because he's going to have to get to know those parts of you too sooner or later.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/17/2010, 1:09 am

Okay, so the only advice I can give you is makeup, basically.

For foundation, try to be as natural as possible. Blend it evenly, don't forget the jawline, conceal your dark circles and imperfections; the basics. Make sure that if you use liquid or mousse foundation, set it with powder so that it won't wear off. Start with a foundation primer too to help your makeup stick... But if you can't find one, the powder will help enough. Just touch it up every now and then.

For blush, don't overdo it. Just a light pink on the apples of your cheeks. Smile to find the apples. nod

Since it's a first date, you want to look natural. If you want to use eyeshadow, go for a light neutral like gold or bronze (depending on your skin tone). If you want, you can put it all over the lid up to the brow since it's so light, but make sure to blend it out. Otherwise, you can just put it on the lid itself. To add depth, but a slightly darker shade in the crease.

If you want to add eyeliner, I'd suggest liquid because it lasts the longest, but only if you're experienced with it. Even felt tips can be hard to use, but those are the easiest out of the liquids. But if you don't want liquid use a pencil liner, and with whatever one you choose, make a line as close to the top lash as possible. If you're comfortable with it, you could also tight line your eyes, which is lining the inner part of your upper eye. Lining the bottom waterline is a little extreme though, for a first date anyway. I'd suggest just going on top of the lower lashes with your liner instead. You don't have to go all the way around; just go from the outer corner of your eye to the middle of your iris. Make sure it's as thin as possible, though.

Try going for two coats of mascara on your top lashes, but wiggle the wand as you apply it so that it doesn't clump. If you want to do your lower lashes too, make sure to only put on a minimal amount because it's easy to mess that up.

And lastly, go for a light pink lip gloss but if you already have coloured lips, go for a clear because it would be best. You may be kissing, after all.

Okay, so that probably didn't make a whole lot of sense, so you can probably just look up "first date makeup" on youtube for better advice than mine. But yeah. XD For hair, just your everyday hairstyle should be fine. nod
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 6/17/2010, 11:31 am

Thanks, you guys! I feel a lot better about this now. Very Happy
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/17/2010, 2:16 pm

I'm glad we could help, Kinny! :3 Good luck.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

HEEEEEEELPPPP! 1312HEEEEEEELPPPP! 2412HEEEEEEELPPPP! 3349HEEEEEEELPPPP! 3548HEEEEEEELPPPP! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 6/17/2010, 2:37 pm

1.) How do I keep up a conversation with him? I'm very shy, and he's a little shy himself. Talk about things you know you both enjoy. Maybe start on The Killers, since that's who you're going to see. Keep the convo going from there.

2.) How do I make him feel good about himself? When you see him, maybe give him a compliment. Nothing scary. Something like, "I like your shirt." not "I love that look in your eyes... I could lose myself!" that's odd. Stick to the safe stuff.

3.) How should I dress? Dress how you normally would for a concert.

4.) How should I do my hair? I'm no help here, I have mega short hair xD

5.) How should I do my makeup? Nothing hugely off what you usually do. If you're going to get sweaty, use waterproof stuff.

6.) How should I act around him? Act the same. Obviouslyif you're going somehwere he has some interest in you, and if you do a total personality 180, he may notlike you as much.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 6/17/2010, 11:06 pm

Lauren, thanks...but, we're going to see the MOVIE The Killers, not the band. Although, That would be awesome!!! Very Happy
BTW, I have short hair too! Haa.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: