The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need to ask a question...

2 posters

Go down

I need to ask a question... Empty I need to ask a question...

Post by Miss_Mioko 6/25/2010, 10:32 pm

Okay I don't really know if this would go here, but I would like to know if anyone on this site has ever gotten published? Like they have a book out there right now...
and if they have, did you self publishe? Or did you have a real publisher publisheit for you? And could you give me someone to contact? I have this story and I would like to see if it could get plubished... I mean a 13teen year old getting a book out would be super awesome, but I need some one to publishe it, or at least look at it and tell me what they think... so your help would be nice...
Miss_Mioko
Miss_Mioko
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1765

Back to top Go down

I need to ask a question... Empty Re: I need to ask a question...

Post by shadowsowner888 6/25/2010, 11:32 pm

I've published two books, Shadows of Inspiration and Catching the Inspiration, but as they were both self-published I don't know that it counts. xD (And though I do say I published, it was far from being just me, because I didn't write them all, and Ari put it together. nod For the record.)

If you're looking for someone to give you opinions on your writing, well, first of all, I take it you're looking for a professional opinion, right? XD Because if not, then you could always post something in the critiques section here. But otherwise, I'm really not sure who you could contact for an opinion. If you want to go all the way and just straightout send it in for publication, then that's something I can answer more easily. ^^ Try looking for The Writers Market in your library, it's a list of publishing companies. It's also available online, but you'll need to pay to access that. Then when you find one, look at their guidelines, follow them, and send your manuscript in! They might accept your book, and they might not, but either way you'll be getting an honest opinion from them. nod

(This is just a condensed version, though. XD I could go on and on about how to get your books published, but for now I'll just keep it short like that. Let me know if you have any other questions, though, and I'll do my best to help you out.)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

I need to ask a question... 1312I need to ask a question... 2412I need to ask a question... 3349I need to ask a question... 3548I need to ask a question... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Mioko 6/26/2010, 11:21 pm

Thank you!

But what sucks is that I went to the libray and now I'm going to have to go back.... and I'm not saying thats a bad thing just that I will not come back out...
Miss_Mioko
Miss_Mioko
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1765

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/27/2010, 7:32 am

Well, they're actually not at your library. Self-published books have a smaller range of availability; usually there's about one website or person you can get them from. We're lucky because, by using CreateSpace, we got our books on CreateSpace and Amazon. But they're only available online, and since there's no publicity or anything beyond this website, probably nobody else on earth even knows the books exist. nod (That's the bad part of self-publishing.)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

I need to ask a question... 1312I need to ask a question... 2412I need to ask a question... 3349I need to ask a question... 3548I need to ask a question... 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down