The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you think this reads? :3

4 posters

Go down

How do you think this reads? :3 Empty How do you think this reads? :3

Post by MusicWritingLove 6/29/2010, 4:41 pm

Lloyd Grey was normal in ever sense of the word.
Blue eyes, blonde hair. You couldn't call him popular, but you couldn't call him a loner either. He lived in a two-bedroom apartment that he shared with his sister. He had never met his parents. He was unfazed by this fact though, mainly because of the fact that most other kids he knew didn't know their parents either. In the City that he lived in, he lived in the Dreamzone, just as ever other person in a million did. In fact, the city was so large that for every zone there were a million people, just as every other city Lloyd and his sister had ever heard about. “A life worth living is a life in the city,” as his teacher would say.
The day this story starts is no extraordinary one, at least not for Lloyd. He woke up and got dressed, brushed his teeth, had breakfast and walked out of the door. His sister was away on business.
Lloyd decided to procrastinate this morning and wait for the train, which would oddly enough make him early to school. When he finally sat down on the bus, the hover-adverts flickered above his head, just like any other morning. Nothing new there.

Yeah. :3 Oh, and if anyone can think of a better way to start the story, can you say so please? ^_^
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

How do you think this reads? :3 Empty Re: How do you think this reads? :3

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 10:54 pm

I love it! I think it's a perfect way to start it. cheesy The only critique I can think of at the moment is maybe explain the whole city/Dreamzone thing a bit more? Unless you're being purposefully vague, of course. xD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 6/30/2010, 2:39 pm

Haha, thank you! ;D I was being vauge on purpose y'see, soooo... :3
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/30/2010, 8:15 pm

I think it's interesting! ^^ You seem to be starting in the perfect place. I noticed a few errors, though, stuff to do with grammar and such.

Lloyd Grey was normal in ever [spelled every] sense of the word.
Blue eyes, blonde hair. You couldn't call him popular, but you couldn't call him a loner either. He lived in a two-bedroom apartment that he shared with his sister. He had never met his parents. He was unfazed by this fact [a comma should probably be here] though, mainly because of the fact that most other kids he knew didn't know their parents either. In the City that he lived in, he lived in [using 'lived in' twice looks a little awkward; what about using 'city of residency' or something instead?] the Dreamzone, just as ever [spelled every] other person in a million did. [I'd try to make the meaning a bit clearer here, too, because I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate with 'every other person in a million did.'] In fact, the city was so large that for every zone there were a million people, just as every other city Lloyd and his sister had ever heard about. “A life worth living is a life in the city,” as his teacher would say.
The day [on which? Also, I would take a look at the tenses from this point on and try matching them up instead, because I'm not sure it's grammatically correct this way.] this story starts is no extraordinary one, at least not for Lloyd. He woke up and got dressed, brushed his teeth, had breakfast and walked out of the door. His sister was away on business.
Lloyd decided to procrastinate this morning and wait for the train, which would oddly enough make him early to school. When he finally sat down on the bus, the hover-adverts flickered above his head, just like any other morning. Nothing new there.

Overall, I think the piece is off to an interesting start, and if you're one of those people who prefer not to edit at all until the story is over, don't mind my little comments in the quote. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

How do you think this reads? :3 1312How do you think this reads? :3 2412How do you think this reads? :3 3349How do you think this reads? :3 3548How do you think this reads? :3 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/1/2010, 2:45 pm

Thank you!~ My Y's seem to be constantly messing up, so yeah. :3 And I'm that kinda person that goes back every month and changes everything, so yeah.
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 5:07 pm

No prob! :3 I hope you'll continue writing this one, and that you'll post it on Twig some time! I really want to see how it'll play out.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

How do you think this reads? :3 1312How do you think this reads? :3 2412How do you think this reads? :3 3349How do you think this reads? :3 3548How do you think this reads? :3 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orodruin 7/19/2010, 4:04 pm

Stawting the story, I always thought it was best to jump right in, maybe introduce the character later ^^

~Twi
Orodruin
Orodruin
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Male Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: