The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July

3 posters

Go down

Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July Empty Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July

Post by Arianna 7/2/2010, 1:57 pm

I have now been out of school for just over a week. :3
And I sure have done a whole lot of stuff in the last week, too. I'm sorta tired, and sorta bored, and sorta happy. I guess. Lemme just sum up what happened.
Well, on Saturday I woke up like any normal day and had raisin wheats and went on the computer, but then I put the last few things I needed for the trip in my bag and we left the house after lunch. We got in the car, and drove, and drove, and drove.
I really don't like six hour car rides. I stared out the window for most of the time because when I read in the car I feel sick. We got to a hotel in Italy and put our things in the room, then went out to get pizza. It was authentic Italian pizza 'cause we were in Italy. Then we went back and got an internet card, and I used half an hour.
In the morning I used the remaining half hour and we drove the last hour of our six hour drive to where the ferry was. Then we waited, and waited, and waited, and then we got on the ferry.
I think the ferry was cool. It was pretty big, and the rooms were nice enough, and there was wireless interenet (even though it was for a price). The whole ride took more than a day (like, 27 hours I think?) and then we got off. We have our car here, so we drove to the hotel we're staying in now.
We're on a different Greek island this year. It's in the complete opposite direction, but it's still nice. We're mainly here because it's cheaper, because we don't have to take a plane.
We visited the beach and stuff, then, but just waded in because it was late in the day. Then we came back here and slept.
Then on Tuesday we went to the beach and had fun and stuff like that.
And on Wednesday we did the same thing, except for my dad and my brother and me took a paddle boat out to this mini-island. We didn't go on land, just paddled there and back, but it was fun.
Then yesterday in the morning my dad and I drove to the main city and got groceries and stuff, and rebooked our ferry cabins because we wanted nicer ones for the way back. Then we came back and as a family drove to a resteraunt. They had wi-fi, but the resteraunt we've been going to lunch for in the village does, too. I didn't go in the water at the beach. Then we came back. I did a lot of coding.
Today we went to the normal beach after not doing much for the whole morning. Again, I didn't go in the water. We had lunch (at a different place which still had wi-fi) and then went back to the beach, and then we came home.
So, that's what my week's been like. While at the beach I read a few Nancy Drew books, which I actually really enjoy reading, and today I started reading Jinx by Meg Cabot. I've had it for some time but never actually got around to reading it. Originally it sounded boring but it's actually really interesting.
Of course, a few books don't really keep you busy for days on end. I keep trying to think of an idea for my TwigWriSum goal, but I'm failing. I feel horrible, horrible, horrible. I have like 34k on the the TWS story I started, but it's a crap story and I haven't written on it since the 10th or 11th of June, anyway.
So I've gone almost a month without writing a word which counts. Sure, there's been my lovely 1000-words-a-day of freewriting, but I told myself they wouldn't count. I changed my goal from 300k to 200k (right before TwigWriSum), and then from 200k to 'a good novel' (on the 12th of June, I think). But 200k seems SO MUCH easier than writing a good book. I have all of these ideas, but they're crap. I don't want to write fantasy. I've written about ghosts (twice) and 'healers' and people who can change the weather and stuff, but they all seem so boring. I don't even like ghosts. They're just… an excuse. A plot device.
Then there are plot ideas like Imprisoned, which I really really like but aren't that plausible. There's nothing INTERESTING about them. When I was writing Imprisoned (I think I've been working on it for over a year but haven't written a chapter since December...) my only goal was to have a 'major event in every chapter', or at least something to make sure people didn't stop reading my story.
Now that just seems like so horrible of an idea. I had this other story idea, about a girl called Lucinda in this world where there was some kind of syndicate and you had to join or die, but most of the people who joined didn't want to be part of it, so she and a companion invented a survey to see how to overpower it… but it just seems like such a horrible, not-thought-out, idea. Every time I write something, I can't just have a simple idea. That's my problem. When I write fantasy-ish stuff, I invent all of these rules and policies and ways things work. They're never explained, for example in Healers there are forests where Healers can't heal - what the heck? -, and they make no sense at all.
So I want to write a story which makes sense, which is good and which I don't feel horribly disappointed and ashamed and embarrased after looking at it. I know I can write 50k words. I can write 100k words, too. But they're not really novels. They're boring, stilted characters and crappy dialogs and plots which make no sense in the slightest.
Which is why I'm going to use the snowflake method for planning my upcoming 'novel'. The only horrible problem is I have no idea at all. I had this other idea, too, about a girl called Brenna who grows wings. Will someone give me a reason why Brenna randomly spouts black wings, then goes on this elaborate quest to get rid of them even though they don't bother her? Ugh, I just can't think of any ideas.
I've realized I've just gone on about that for 500 words, so I should probably stop talking about that. I just wish I could find ideas. Anyway, on to other subjects...
I've been eating a lot of tzatziki. And yogurt and honey. Also, I've been playing way too much Solitaire on the computer. And I wish my brother would stop being so annoying. But other than that, I haven't much to say.
This blog was just junk, but I need to blog every Friday because it's one of my NYRs. Originally this blog was going to be awesome, but I guess it didn't turn out that way.
No questions because all I did was ramble on about boring stuff. Razz
Arianna
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July Empty Re: Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July

Post by rattyjol 7/2/2010, 8:43 pm

Maybe Brenna somehow got doused with experimental radiation? Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July Empty Re: Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 8:58 pm

Raisin wheats . . . :O So is this like raisin bran? Or instead of the bran flakes, does it have wheat squares, like you see with the corn squares in chex mix?

Oh my gosh, was the pizza good? :3

Hmm, I have to say I don't see what you mean by ghosts being a plot device. XD I mean, I respect that opinion and everything, but out of curiosity, why do you think so?

Good luck with achieving your TWS goal. ^^

Hmm . . . you know what, if Brenna's going on a quest to get rid of the wings, why not just change it so she doesn't want them? Or, really, it'd depend on the circumstances and all. I'm assuming people can see the wings, right? So that's a logical reason to want to get rid of them; it'd be painful to be thought of as a freak, especially if there's no way to hide the wings like they have in Maximum Ride. Or maybe she can't resist flying around, but she has some kinda 'condition,' and every time she uses her wings she accelerates that condition? Because, like, the more oxygen you get, the more everything in your body speeds up . . . and so, when she flies, she has to breathe a lot more because flying takes work, and all the extra oxygen is speeding her heart. And it could be a heart condition, so that makes even more sense. >D And why doesn't she just force herself to stop flying? It's an instinct. She can't keep herself from flying whatsoever.

I really do hope that made any sense, though. XD

Oh, oh, and it seems like a lot of your main characters have been girls. So why not change things up and make Brenna into Brennan? And . . . okay, you know what, I'm somehow getting too much inspiration, so I'm gonna shut up before I start totally taking that idea over. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 1312Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 2412Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 3349Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 3548Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/3/2010, 11:44 am

Haha, good idea, Ratty. -thinks hard- Hmmm....

Well, sorta. They're YUMMY! They're squares (rectangles, actually) of shredded wheats with raisins in the squares. They're reallyreallyreally good. (:

Why yes, it was. ^^ I ate a whole pizza myself! Very Happy

I guess that ghosts can be pulled off well in a story. Usually when I have ghosts, though, it's just so they can randomly disappear/walk through walls/teleport. They act just like people except for they suddenly become invisible when it's useful to the plot... so they're there for no reason.
That was hard to understand. D:

But the wings are pretty and black. D: I'd want them, if I had them. xD Anyway, I shall take your suggestion into consideration. ^^;

All my main characters have been girls... ^^; I guess it's just hard to write from a POV which I don't share, you know? I think I'll try, though. Maybe... WAIT. I should have a story with three different POV's - a boy's, and two girls'. Or maybe a girl's, and two boys'. Hmmm... -ponders even more-

And feel free to take the idea. I probably won't be writing the whole idea about Brenna 'cos I have an awesome new spark of an idea now, thanks to your suggestion. Not the flying one, but the switch-the-genders-around one. nod
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 1:04 pm

Ponderrrrrrr. Very Happy Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July Ponder

-ahem- Sorry. I can't wait to read it, it sounds awesome. cheesy You must post it on Twig, 'kay? nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/3/2010, 1:37 pm

Somehow, in the back of my mind, I suspected you'd notice. xD

Eh, I might. xD See, I want to get it published. Well, I might want to. I just want to make it good.

But if it interests you, and I don't post it on Twig, you can still read it. Very Happy Like, and critique every single chapter or something. >D
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 1:44 pm

grin

Aw. Well if it gets published, tell us the name so we can read it. xD

Erm... I'm not so good with the critiquing. xD Constructive criticism is not my thing. no
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/4/2010, 11:05 am

They sound amazing. *-* Oh my gosh.

Lucky. :O

Ahh, okay. ^^

Lol, well . . . maybe she wants them at first, until she figures out how they're ruining her life. XD Well, idk, though. I'm going to shut up now and let you consider things.

Yeah, I do get that. XD But it'd be a fun experience! Either way, that multiple perspectives sounds like it'll be cool, you should do it. cheesy

But . . . hummm . . . see, I wanna resist and insist that you keep the idea because I already have too many. XD But now you made me want it.

Oh yay! Very Happy It's the Ponderman!

Ooooh, hey, I have a great idea! Very Happy You let me read it and critique every single chapter, and then I'll show it to Ratty for approval, and then we'll submit your story to the professionals (professional wrestlers, that is), and if all goes well, your story should be perfect by the time the professionals are done with it. nod It'll save you a whole lot of editing!
(Don't even ask how that's supposed to make sense. XD Just go with it, okay?)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 1312Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 2412Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 3349Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 3548Arianna's Greece Blog for the 2nd of July 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down