The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y.

2 posters

Go down

.H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y. Empty .H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y.

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 6:36 pm

.H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y.

Silver Valley is divided into two sections, each one the territory of a powerful pack of wolves. There's Azure Banks, lying to the west of the Argent River, and Trembling Aspens, located on the east shore of the river.

Azure Banks
Alpha;;;
Levi --- male --- [Horsey]

Betas;;;
Ara --- female --- [Nightowl]
Indigo --- male --- [Horsey]

Pack members;;;
Kurt ---male ---[Horsey]
Solan ---male ---[Nightowl]
Pluto ---male ---[Nightowl]
Squirrel ---female ---[Horsey]
Saeri --- female ---[Nightowl]

.*.*.*.

Trembling Aspens
Alpha---
Aries ;;; male ;;; [Nightowl]

Betas---
Orion ;;; male ;;; [Nightowl]
Dipper ;;; male ;;; [Horsey]

Pack members---
Emerson ;;; male ;;; [Horsey]
River ;;; male ;;; [Nightowl]
Lyndon ;;; female ;;; [Horsey]
Ava ;;; female ;;; [Horsey]
Capella ;;; female ;;; [Nightowl]
Leaf ;;; female ;;; [Nightowl]

[[Finally done! Tell me if you want anything changed, and you should reserve your post for descriptions or what have you, and then... I think we're good to go!]]

Last edited by Nightowl on 7/9/2010, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

.H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y. Empty Re: .H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y.

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 7:37 pm

<A Z U R E||B A N K S>

Levi---Brute
A very original character. He has a large, but un-muscular build, and distinguishing long legs. His long, smooth coat is the color of the forest floor; light brown with darker brown stripes and flecks through it. He has white "socks" on each of his legs, starting at his ankles (his toes are stick brown) and traveling all the way up to his shoulders and hips. Levi's eyes are a dark green, darker towards the iris then gradually growing to a more emerald-colored green as it reaches the rims of his eyes.
Aloof and sort of the black sheep of the pack, considering his position. Although he counts on luck half of the time, Levi has a knack for remembering things, and is actually very smart. He just needs to learn how to put the variables together.

Kurt---Brute
If you judge wolves by their appearance, you would probably immediately think that he was the alpha. His build is large, muscular, and his thick snout holds a set of pearly white fangs. His base fur color is a dark grey, but his muzzle, tail-underneath, and ears are an almost black color. Kurt's eyes are a dark orange, ocher color.
His personality goes along great with his looks. Aggressive, a smart-alec and doesn't mind at all showing off his skills. Kurt has anger-management issues, so you really don't want to push your luck with him.

Indigo---Brute
Azure Banks certainly has an odd committee. He is a smaller-sized male with an all black, long, matted pelt. Nothing else is rather "amazing" about Indigo; his eyes are a normal shade of green.
You'll always find him checking borders after, before-hand, and even during large hunts. He's a sensitive brute that doesn't take well to criticism, which may be a good thing, because Indigo isn't one to doubt himself. He is very thoughtful (sometimes too deep), but over-reacts in strenuous situations.

Last edited by Horsey on 7/9/2010, 9:21 pm; edited 8 times in total
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]
Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

.H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y. Empty Re: .H O W L---A T---T H E---S T A R R Y---S K Y.

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 7:43 pm

[Me too! And this is my reserved post. Very Happy I'll put up charrie descriptions in a moment... but in the meanwhile, we should start. Who and who?!]

.T R E M B L I N G---A S P E N S.

-*-*-*-
--Aries --Alpha --Male
Aries' coat is made up of thick silver-grey fur with iron colored highlights, most of which are. The tips of his ears are white, as well as his chin and the front of his neck. His eyes are a light yet piercing blue color, reminiscent of thick winter ice. His tail is fluffy and full, contributing to his large size. A sturdily built wolf, Aries looks tough; one of the reasons he's made his way to become alpha.
Aries can be harsh sometimes, but most of the time, he's got a friendly personality. He knows when the time is to be serious, and also when it's okay to play around. He doesn't hesitate to know the members of his pack well, and will make the effort to spend time with each. He is very loyal and devoted to the protection of his pack. Aries will not make hasty decisions; he thinks things through, and therefore in situations such as fights he is less confident in the split-second decisions he has to make.

-*-*-*-
--Orion --Beta --Male
Orion is coated with shaggy, darkly colored fur; almost like he rolled in black mud. He has a thicker concentration of fur flowing from the top of his head; much of which flops into his forest green eyes. He is a lean wolf, and very strong from his days of constant scouting through the forest surrounding Aspen's territory.
He's one of the older wolves in the pack, and therefore a little wiser, a little more patient than the younger ones. He likes figuring things out, hence the calculating look that you'll often see in his eyes; he has a very logical mindset. Although the beta, he can be a bit of a loner; he rarely takes anyone with him on his usual scouting trips along the river or the borders, preferring the company of the aspen trees and the solitude.

-*-*-*-
--Capella --Female
Capella is a small, pale brown wolf with a roughly furred coat and large golden eyes that are ringed by a dark brown on the outer edge of the iris. She always seems extremely alert, with her signature bright smile and tensed muscles. Capella is quite agile, and quick on her feet, though because of her size, not as strong as other wolves. Her only other defining trait is a left ear that flops forward slightly.
Sweet and friendly, this she-wolf is easy company to be with. She is bubbly, but not too energetic, and a bit a of a free spirit. A little on the wild side, Capella doesn't like following rules if they don't tickle her fancy - she doesn't see the point of rules anyway.

-*-*-*-
--Leaf --Female
Pale grey, with a tinge of blue makes up her main coloring. Her chest is slightly lighter colored, as well as her belly and the underside of her tail. She has even lighter grey-blue "socks" on her two front paws that go up to her ankles and her right ear is also paler colored. On her left hind leg, she has a long scar, and walks with barely noticeable limp on that leg. She is fairly small, and has orange-gold eyes that look a lot like leaves in the fall, hence the name.
Leaf is timid, easily startled, and very quiet. The reason for this? Talk to her enough, and you might figure it out... Shy, self-concious little Leaf - it's difficult to break through her shell, but once she warms up to you, you'll have a fiercely loyal friend... just as long as she doesn't have to be brave.

-*-*-*-
--River --Male
Tall for a wolf, but not very thickly muscled, River is a dark russet brown. The base color is speckled with warmer tones of hazel and nut brown streaks. He has a pure white marking on his forehead that is shaped like a oddly angled diamond. His eyes are clear, dark blue, contrasting deeply with the color of his fur. He tail is short, and not very bushy, just making his rangy looks even more pronounced.
River is laid back and easy going; kind of like his name, he just "goes with the flow." He does not have an incredibly determined personality, but he isn't completely lazy either. He likes to joke around as well, and has a little bit of a romantic side; in short, River is a little on the flirty side (a reality made worse by the fact that you can never tell when he's serious).

.A Z U R E---B A N K S.

Last edited by Nightowl on 7/9/2010, 10:41 pm; edited 7 times in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 7:51 pm

[Um...well, we could do both]
[But if not, maybe the sibs, so we can better develop everyone before doing our big plot]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 8:07 pm

[Sure! I'll start. Hehe, long post. Sorry, I'm kind of in a long-ish mood. Razz]

It was evening, and the air was pleasantly cool. Sometimes, a little breeze would come dancing through the forest, setting the aspen trees into a gentle rustling.
Orion, beta of Trembling Aspens Pack, settled down under one of the rustling trees, his dark fur flopping into his watchful eyes. All was peaceful, for the moment, so the brute let his tense body relax slightly. He'd spent an anxious day scouting along the river, searching for any sign of wolves that didn't belong to Trembling Aspens - specifically those from the other pack.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 8:14 pm

Her pink tongue swiped around her muzzle, relinquishing the last few traces of blood. Lyndon pushed herself onto her haunches and gave a contented sigh, glancing around for her brother. He was usually scouting or doing some sort of patrol during this time of day. Or was he back already? The black fea leapt eagerly to her paws, stuck her nose in the air, and followed his scent through the underbrush.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 8:20 pm

He grunted, letting his muzzle sink to rest on the soft ground. It hadn't been a particularly successful day; he hadn't found anything aside from his own tracks. No scents, no markings, no trampled underbrush... nothing. Which, Orion mused, was likely a good thing, as it meant that the pack was safe. And being the beta meant it was his job to ensure safety.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 8:25 pm

"Orion! Hey!" She yipped in a high-pitched bark that sounded more like a yelp or yip. The she-wolf scampered over to her brother, tail waving back and forth behind her. Lyndon lowered her head and ears, though, still respecting that he was of higher rank, and a bit older than her as well. She settled down beside him in the shade.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 8:29 pm

The brute looked up, deep green eyes quickly locating the source of the noise even as his ears swiveled and recognized his sister. "Lyn!" he acknowledged, calling her by a fond nickname. Slowly, a grin spread across his face, and Orion licked her cheek affectionately as she settled down beside him.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 8:35 pm

Her muzzle grew upwards into a sort of wolfish grin, glad that he wasn't in any sort of bad mood or anything. She batted his muzzle in return; tail flicking around behind her. "Did you find anything interesting while you were out scouting?" Lyndon could tell by the scents on his fur that he had been out recently.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 8:39 pm

He shifted positions, rolling over onto his side. "Nah..." he muttered, half growling. "I mean, it's a good thing - no enemies to hunt down and all that bother, but it's awfully boring. Day after day, always the same thing." A grunt issued from his shaggy muzzle. "And you've been out hunting today, have you?"
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 8:44 pm

Her expression fell slightly at the boring news, but she managed a shrug of her shoulders. "Yep. Just a hare, nothing special. Y'know I would have called for you if I found a deer or somethin'. A hunt like that would make for an interesting day," Lyndon replied, letting her paws slide forward so that she was laying comfortably in the grass. She rested her head on her paws.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 8:44 pm

[I'll brb-gotta take a shower Smile ]
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 9:39 pm

Orion chuckled slightly, then sighed, a sound mirrored by the whispering foliage above as the summer leaves brushed against each other. "But someday, Lyn, I want to cross the river, go scout around in Azure's territory. That, like deer hunting, would make for an interesting day."
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 9:42 pm

Although her eyes were partially closed, her ears stood erect on her head; alert and sensitive. "But wouldn't you get in trouble? I mean, not only are you leaving our territory, you're going into another pack's. Practically our rivals." Lyndon replied, not at all surprised. She was more just commenting, not at all trying to get him to change his mind. Actually, she would go with him in a heartbeat.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 9:55 pm

He grinned smugly, flicking his tail as if he didn't care about getting in trouble. "Being beta does count for something you know," he began. "But yes, entering Azure's territory would be some tricky business, because I already know that they happen to be quite persistent in patrolling their borders. But I'd still want to go - they are a rival pack after all, and someday it might be useful to know what their territory is like." Orion knew his sister well enough to realize that she wasn't really concerned with his proposal, only making sure he'd considered all sides of the matter.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/9/2010, 10:03 pm

Her eyes flickered over to her brother. "What, so you aren't doing it just for fun? Maybe you are that boring old brother I thought you were," she giggled lightly, her bark ladled with sarcasm.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/9/2010, 10:09 pm

The brute turned to look at her sharply, but his expression was teasing; one eyebrow raised, a smirk that showed his teeth and a wrinkled nose. Growling playfully, he batted a paw at her nose and sat up. "Oh," he barked breezily. "I didn't want to speak of the fun parts, because then you'd want to come with me. And that's something I can't have, little sister, it's dangerous." During the last sentence, his tone became more serious, and he tilted his head to look at Lyndon.

[I just wanted to say, Apple, that your writing is really awesome; I can definitely see how it's changed since I last RPed with you, and it's changed in a really good way. (:]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/10/2010, 6:40 pm

[Awe, thanks <3]
[I've always thought your skizzles were better o.O]

"Hey!" She huffed, rising to her full height, though she was still an inch or two shorter than him. "You know I don't mind playin' ruff the the brutes, I can take anyone on!" Lyndon puffed out her chest, nipping at Orion's ears.
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/10/2010, 10:20 pm

[Um... oh dear, I kinda hate myself for this... but, okay, go read my blog. I'm sorry. Like, really sorry. :/ But, just, go read it.]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum