The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the goblin showed up again

5 posters

Go down

the goblin showed up again Empty the goblin showed up again

Post by fleamailman 7/13/2010, 2:32 pm

"...well it's been awhile humans..." said the goblin again, continuing "...so long in fact that I shall consider myself new here even...", and yet the goblin remained anonymous, explaining "...ah you see, the real trouble is that the moment one steps out of the shadow of ones anonymity here, one ages...", besides, nothing that the goblin could say of himself could be proven then, and since it couldn't be proven how could it matter now

the goblin showed up again Fawlty_towers_396x222
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

the goblin showed up again Empty Re: the goblin showed up again

Post by shadowsowner888 7/14/2010, 9:29 am

Welcome back! cheesy I'm glad to see you around again!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

the goblin showed up again 1312the goblin showed up again 2412the goblin showed up again 3349the goblin showed up again 3548the goblin showed up again 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/14/2010, 12:54 pm

Welcome back to Twig! Very Happy
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/14/2010, 1:09 pm

("...same idea as before..." went the goblin, repeating "...I'll just post to this thread alone, since my writing style is somewhat off-putting to someone who has never met a goblin before...")

"...thanks everyone..." replied the goblin whose mind felt like it wobbled inside its skull with each dull thought, "...I will never drink again till next time..." he promised thinking that at least it was a more honest appraisal of his long term ability to forget today's sorely felt lesson but for the time being that lesson held him in check

the goblin showed up again Hangover
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/14/2010, 1:10 pm

and with the goblin just felt that what was probably coming, was indeed coming, and yet he seemed to ask himself what contingency plans was in place here should those volcanoes just follow their repetative nature of "first the one, then the other" here, so the goblin just said "...admittedly the katla volcano, which is thought to be ten times more powerful than this now erupting eyjafjallajökull volcano, might not cause as big a volcanic discharge into the air as the laki volcano did in 1783, but clearly the devastation, not just to iceland itself, but to most of northern europe is something, a little bit more newsworthy then, than perhaps the media coverage being offered at this point, perhaps their contingency plan is "don't mention it, and it might blow over"..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laki_volcano

[footnote: video is six parts on youtube, just cut/paste below line changing last number for the other five then
Iceland's 1783 Killer Cloud BBC Timewatch (The forgotten Disaster) 2007 -1]
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/15/2010, 3:06 pm

For a while, I thought something really creepy was going on with all the volcanoes and earthquakes and everything. Maybe the problem was that I hadn't been paying attention before now, or hearing much about all these natural disasters, but it seemed like there were so many more things happening in 2010 than in any of the last few years. It made me feel like '2012' was coming early . . .

Honestly, I really wouldn't be surprised if more volcanoes were to erupt. Razz
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

the goblin showed up again 1312the goblin showed up again 2412the goblin showed up again 3349the goblin showed up again 3548the goblin showed up again 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/15/2010, 4:58 pm

("...yes, I am afraid that the media is not really reporting anything that might panic us..." replied the goblin)

repost from else, on the vietnam war years

"...ah no, I couldn't return to the past and live back then, for I would only miss this internet after a while, and much was bad too, even if I was really too young to fully comprehend the disparity between the rhetoric in the air and the reality on the ground, but the greatest gift of that vietnam war to the american people is its clear lesson showing one where things are going now, where the battles are won on the ground only fervor yet more resentment towards the victors, so today too the same disparity is clear save that this time, in view of america's economic climate that is, the need for a withdrawal is even more urgent..."

the goblin showed up again Napoleon
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/15/2010, 5:00 pm

("...this one is about somewhere else, and not this site now..." went the goblin who wouldn't have shared it here otherwise)

"...I suspect that how I put up with their abuse on those writer's forums, which is probably another type of food to me anyway, is just by keeping it all long term in view and myself anonymous, where those badges of self acclaim that sit next to links to books or blogs in their signatures, or their care to point out some grammatical fault, or legal one, or any other type of fault for that matter, or some collective cold shoulder even, just highlights insecurity, ungenerosity and shortsightedness on their part, where a real writer really wouldn't need to try so hard..."

the goblin showed up again Phobic
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmo 7/19/2010, 10:02 pm

Hey! I don't know if you remember me but I'm jjrrss10 from MWC (mywriterscircle) Welcome!
Elmo
Elmo
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

the goblin showed up again Siggy

Male Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/20/2010, 6:58 am

"...ah so we know one another from elsewhere then, nice to meet people across forums isn't it, and I appreciate your posts too..." went the goblin who liked both sites but only ever posted lightly to either of them, explaining "...you see, I write anonymously for this forumland here, the cinderella of our writing world it seems, and since I'm writing for forumland then, I can't for the life of me advise anyone on book-writing, even if this "posting" medium is fast catching up with the usual publishing sector, however, where I have to be really careful is not upsetting those people who still think that writers has to be published to become a known writer where I am neither, which all becomes my reason then for not really posting beyond the "last post" thread there then, excuses excuses..."

the goblin showed up again Vlcsnap-2010-01-20-22h08m04s96

Last edited by fleamailman on 7/20/2010, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/20/2010, 7:06 am

repost from elsewhere

No one on the internet is ever as anonymous as they think they are. I mean, even people, for example, who live in France, aren't anonymous to board admins and people who control or own websites. Hypothetically speaking, that is.

"...ah no, if identity could be proven, internet voting would be allowed..." replied the goblin, continuing "...though windows users can be traced back by their license number, true, not linux users, where the ip address is random, and the mac address behind it a clone, moreover any email address can be dumped too, the username and avatar changed entirely, and still you would know it is me by the nature of my posts, and yet you would be no nearer knowing who I am, as long as I never admit it, at best you might get an ip address in geneva switzerland, a bistro then...", the goblin often wondered how often he had reminded himself of the phrase "if you can't walk away from it, it owns you", adding "...oh, and where one is not anonymous, madusa turns one to some dated stone..."

the goblin showed up again Bart
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/20/2010, 7:08 am

the goblin too, just took the opportunity to add a link that some might find interesting here, saying "...I was going to write something about this disaster myself, if only because I hadn't found anything that spelled it out in detail until this link then, where I feel it only needs me to add the fact that the gulf stream will bring the leak to europe within two months,and that the hurricane season will no doubt exasperate the situation further, where BP greatest fear is not the US government but its shareholders falling prey to a hostile take over from either exon or shell here..."

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article19902.html

the goblin showed up again R9g308
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/20/2010, 12:21 pm

. . . that's horrible. o_O Do you think BP really intends just to let this spill sit there, and not even try to clean it up?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/20/2010, 4:09 pm

("...everything is untrue perhaps, in that no one knows for sure, so one can neither believe what is being told which doesn't seem to add up, nor believe various conjectures which can't be proven until too late..." replied the goblin now)

"...now I am trying to write something upon the lines that the pipe, which BP claims gushes 1000 barrels of oil each day, and which has an internal diameter with only nine-inches, sounds impossibly narrow to allow that much oil through it..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...so somehow it just seems to me then, that feel BP is faced with two types of holes here, the first type that they have capped, a second type that they haven't told us about which is gushing out oil still, along with the truth it seems then..."

the goblin showed up again Plague_by_bullsik

Last edited by fleamailman on 7/21/2010, 4:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow of the Moon. 7/21/2010, 2:17 pm

Welcome back to Twig! Glad to see you here.
Shadow of the Moon.
Shadow of the Moon.
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 41

http://www.catzluvbookz.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 7/24/2010, 1:35 am

"...welcome infidels..." went the voice of the interpreter now, continuing "...we're very sorry that the goblin is indisposed at this point, though instead we are happy to announce that we have found someone, who we feel to be equally knowledgeable, to aid you with those difficult and complex questions, that you might have, concerning the general state of america's ecopolitical situation at this point, so without further ado, please welcome..., ..."

[img]https://2img.net/h/i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/AngryDigger/osama.jpg[/img]

https://2img.net/h/i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/AngryDigger/osama.jpg
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down