The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh my...?

+29
DragonStar
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Ella
SaddleClub
MarielofRedwall
Love Is Dead
Haileadorable211
Shadow of the Moon.
Sundara
FOREIGN?!
Rai
Taquito
Arianna
Spring_Blossom
Komoda
Cyn431
MusicWritingLove
The Newms
shadowsowner888
Horsey
Sharkbait
Malicious Nightmares
Dragon Lover
amrgirl
Noah the Flood
Kiriana Shadeweaver
leah_hope92
rattyjol
Avé
33 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

?

Oh my...? Left1028%Oh my...? Right10 28% 
[ 18 ]
Oh my...? Left1016%Oh my...? Right10 16% 
[ 10 ]
Oh my...? Left1030%Oh my...? Right10 30% 
[ 19 ]
Oh my...? Left1011%Oh my...? Right10 11% 
[ 7 ]
Oh my...? Left1015%Oh my...? Right10 15% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 64

Oh my...? Empty Oh my...?

Post by Avé 7/16/2010, 1:23 am

Which one do you use?
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Oh my...? Empty Re: Oh my...?

Post by rattyjol 7/16/2010, 1:28 am

Usually either OMG or Oh My God. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 7/16/2010, 1:28 am

Oh My Gosh, since I'm a strong Christian; I don't want to say God's name in vain. Or OMG.

edit: Crap. I selected Other, but it must have not been selected, stupid Itouch. Oh well. Razz

Last edited by leah_hope92 on 7/16/2010, 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/16/2010, 1:32 am

Oh, shoot, I forgot OMG. -edits-

Anyway, thanks for voting. :3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 7/16/2010, 7:18 am

I admit, I use "Oh my god." Of course, I'm an atheist, so it really has no meaning to me. May or may not drop the "my." Depends on the occasion.

Though when I'm having a conversation with fellow Pokémon fans, it's "Oh sweet Arceus," since Arceus is the closest thing to a Pokémon god. I accept he exists because you can go up to him and stuff him in a Pokéball.
I would substitute all animal- and deity-based saying in the Pokémon Club at WI (would, because I quit) with 'mons if at all possible.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/16/2010, 7:37 am

I say 'Oh My God (Even though I'm trying to stop..), Oh my gosh, oh my goodness, and I've been known to say Oh my koolaid xD
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/16/2010, 7:48 am

I can say "Oh my god," or "Oh my gosh," depending on where I am and what is going on. Sometimes I'll just say "Oh my," "Oh gosh," or "Oh god," again, depending on the situation.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/16/2010, 12:14 pm

I say Oh my god, goodness, and gosh, depends really on whatever pops into my head first. Being a Catholic, and you're not really supposed to say 'Oh my god,' I try not to, but it usually slips out. xP
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/16/2010, 12:18 pm

I say;
OMG
Oh My God
aaannndddd
Omahgawsh
Omygawsh
Etc. XD
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait 7/16/2010, 12:39 pm

I sayyy...

Oh My God
Oh my gosh
Oh my Lionblaze(xD)
Oh my Naturally Hydrogenated Soy Protein
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Oh my...? 1589Oh my...? 3390

Female Posts : 2811

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/16/2010, 1:00 pm

I don't use God's name in vain, so I use Oh My Gosh
But more commonly: "Holy Crap"
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]
Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/16/2010, 2:27 pm

I sometimes use 'oh my God,' but mostly just gosh. xD

Sometimes I get obsessive and use stuff like OML, OMK, OMHGWSSSVOECAJBWINAHBISA, but generally, just oh my gosh/omg.

And for the record, I don't use OMHGWSSSVOECAJBWINAHBISA anymore. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Oh my...? 1312Oh my...? 2412Oh my...? 3349Oh my...? 3548Oh my...? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 7/16/2010, 2:46 pm

I say "Oh my goodness" or "oh my gosh" xD I voted for goodness though, because I felt it needed an extra vote.

But usually, I just say something random, like Horsey said. xP
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Oh my...? Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/16/2010, 3:50 pm

Yeaah, I've been known to say holy crap or holy mess more then anything refering to oh my ____
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/16/2010, 4:12 pm

I either say "Oh My God" because of the fact I'm atheist, or if I'm ready to ramble, I say "Oh My Goodness Gracious Me". XD
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/16/2010, 8:45 pm

I use "Oh my God" if it's extreme (though one could say I'm "Cultural Christian"), "Oh my gosh" if it's not so much or "Oh my goodness" if it randomly pops out instead of gosh. Often I'll let all of those go and just say "Holy crap" in spite of the lie it is.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/16/2010, 9:36 pm

I vary the usages a lot. I don't tend to say "oh my God" because it wouldn't make sense for me to say it in my religion unless I tacked on 'Goddess' at the end as well. That would result in some odd looks... XD Regardless, I'll say "oh my gosh" or "my goodness" from time to time. I dunno which I say most commonly. I tend to say "bluhdy 'el" more than anything, though. And yes, with that exact pronunciation because without a British accent, it simply doesn't work.

I don't see why some Atheists find it okay to say 'oh my God' though. XD If you're an Atheist, you don't believe you have a god, thus that phrase doesn't make sense in the slightest. I can understand the whole "I don't believe in him so it doesn't matter to me" thing, but if you don't believe then how can you say he's 'your god'? I don't have a problem with Atheism at all, just making this clear. I just don't understand how it's possible to take God's name in vain if he doesn't exist. -.- I just needed to get that off my chest.

Last edited by Komoda on 7/17/2010, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/16/2010, 9:39 pm

Komoda wrote:I don't see why Atheists find it okay to say 'oh my God' though. XD If you're an Atheist, you don't believe you have a god, thus that phrase doesn't make sense in the slightest. I can understand the whole "I don't believe in him so it doesn't matter to me" thing, but if you don't believe then how can you say he's 'your god'? I don't have a problem with Atheism at all, just making this clear. I just don't understand how it's possible to take God's name in vain if he doesn't exist. -.- I just needed to get that off my chest.

Being an Atheist myself, I thought that too. Which is why I say "Oh my," or "Oh my gosh," more than I used to, and I cut down on the times I say "Oh my god."
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring_Blossom 7/17/2010, 12:45 pm

I usually say "Oh my gosh" or "Oh my word".
Spring_Blossom
Spring_Blossom
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1501

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/17/2010, 1:48 pm

Oh my gosh and sometimes oh my god. Just like Katt, 'oh my god' doesn't have much meaning to me. xD

To reply to Komoda - well, it's just a saying. If I were to say 'oh my Aidan', who by the way is a amazing character in a book you've probably never read but you still should read, it wouldn't have much meaning either. 'Cause he's fictional. And gosh is... well, I don't even know what gosh is.
And for, ahem, other swears, I don't mean them literally either. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Oh my...? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/17/2010, 2:03 pm

Arianna wrote:Oh my gosh and sometimes oh my god. Just like Katt, 'oh my god' doesn't have much meaning to me. xD

To reply to Komoda - well, it's just a saying. If I were to say 'oh my Aidan', who by the way is a amazing character in a book you've probably never read but you still should read, it wouldn't have much meaning either. 'Cause he's fictional. And gosh is... well, I don't even know what gosh is.
Oh, well I can understand that. It's just that it's sort of contradictory and whatnot, but I guess it's just a habit. I was more or less just referring to my one friend, though... She tells me she says it because "she hates God" yet she claims to be an Atheist...? XD Doesn't make sense.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/17/2010, 2:10 pm

Komoda wrote:
Arianna wrote:Oh my gosh and sometimes oh my god. Just like Katt, 'oh my god' doesn't have much meaning to me. xD

Oh, well I can understand that. It's just that it's sort of contradictory and whatnot, but I guess it's just a habit. I was more or less just referring to my one friend, though... She tells me she says it because "she hates God" yet she claims to be an Atheist...? XD Doesn't make sense.
Maybe she means she hates the idea of god. I hate how it messes up my life and other people's lives and even kills people because they can't agree about some divine being up there. If everyone could go on and live their lives without pushing their beliefs on others, I'd be fine with it. But when religions affect life negatively (I know they do a lot of good, too), their fictional character aggravates me. Just like Edward Cullen does.
/rant
-hopes she hasn't said anything offensive-
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Oh my...? 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/17/2010, 2:20 pm

Arianna wrote:
Komoda wrote:

Maybe she means she hates the idea of god. I hate how it messes up my life and other people's lives and even kills people because they can't agree about some divine being up there. If everyone could go on and live their lives without pushing their beliefs on others, I'd be fine with it. But when religions affect life negatively (I know they do a lot of good, too), their fictional character aggravates me. Just like Edward Cullen does.
/rant
Actually, as far as I know, she's an Atheist because she has a personal hate against God for the things she believes he's done to her family. That's why I say it's a little contradictory for her to be an Atheist for those reasons because you can't blame someone you don't believe in.
But I can definitely see what you mean, even if it doesn't apply to the person I'm talking about. Religion has its downsides for sure, and for that reason I understand why one would be an Atheist. ^^ I personally just try not to let the negative aspect of religion alter my beliefs. I love all religions (including Atheism), because they're all wonderful and fascinating in their own way. I just choose to be Wiccan, because those are my personal beliefs.

PS: I love the use of Edward Cullen in there. Win. XD
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/17/2010, 2:55 pm

Komoda wrote:
Arianna wrote:
Komoda wrote:

/rant
Actually, as far as I know, she's an Atheist because she has a personal hate against God for the things she believes he's done to her family. That's why I say it's a little contradictory for her to be an Atheist for those reasons because you can't blame someone you don't believe in.
But I can definitely see what you mean, even if it doesn't apply to the person I'm talking about. Religion has its downsides for sure, and for that reason I understand why one would be an Atheist. ^^ I personally just try not to let the negative aspect of religion alter my beliefs. I love all religions (including Atheism), because they're all wonderful and fascinating in their own way. I just choose to be Wiccan, because those are my personal beliefs.

Well, then she's not really an atheist, I guess. More like a Christan in denial or something. -shrugs-
I don't see atheism as a religion, I see it as a lack of religion. xD But still, I think all religions are just great. -grumbles- If they'd all get along well, then everything'd be fine.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Oh my...? 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/17/2010, 2:59 pm

Arianna wrote:
Komoda wrote:
Arianna wrote:
Komoda wrote:

/rant

Well, then she's not really an atheist, I guess. More like a Christan in denial or something. -shrugs-
I don't see atheism as a religion, I see it as a lack of religion. xD But still, I think all religions are just great. -grumbles- If they'd all get along well, then everything'd be fine.
Yeah, that's what it seems to me, Ari. :3

XD Well, that's true. And yeah, I definitely agree with you.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum