The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you wear makeup?

+27
SaddleClub
Shadow of the Moon.
MarielofRedwall
Love Is Dead
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
IDmangapasta
Sundara
iGrievous
The Newms
UchihaGirl1135
conich
Jinx
shadowsowner888
Taquito
rattyjol
Crystal Aura
Noah the Flood
B
amrgirl
Cyn431
Arianna
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Komoda
Rai
Malicious Nightmares
twilighter3000
Avé
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you wear makeup?

Do you wear makeup? Left1015%Do you wear makeup? Right10 15% 
[ 8 ]
Do you wear makeup? Left1021%Do you wear makeup? Right10 21% 
[ 11 ]
Do you wear makeup? Left1021%Do you wear makeup? Right10 21% 
[ 11 ]
Do you wear makeup? Left1017%Do you wear makeup? Right10 17% 
[ 9 ]
Do you wear makeup? Left106%Do you wear makeup? Right10 6% 
[ 3 ]
Do you wear makeup? Left102%Do you wear makeup? Right10 2% 
[ 1 ]
Do you wear makeup? Left108%Do you wear makeup? Right10 8% 
[ 4 ]
Do you wear makeup? Left1010%Do you wear makeup? Right10 10% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 53

Do you wear makeup? Empty Do you wear makeup?

Post by Avé 7/18/2010, 12:57 pm

Some people don't wear makeup because they're not allowed to. Others don't wear it because they find it superficial, or maybe they simply have no interest in it. Some people wear it everyday, some wear it for special occasions - what about you?
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Do you wear makeup? Empty Re: Do you wear makeup?

Post by twilighter3000 7/18/2010, 1:03 pm

Well yes, I do. But not like a ton or anything. Wink Just a little bit of eyeliner and mascara cuz my eyes are really undefined. Razz
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 7/18/2010, 1:04 pm

No, never. Please. No. >,<
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/18/2010, 1:07 pm

Nope. :3
I don't feel like I really need it yet. Every girl in my grade wears it, with the exception of a few. Sometimes I'll wear mascara, but that's pretty rare. Razz I think it's kind of superficial, just because everyone knows it is fake... XD But, if it is the appropriate amount, then I'm okay with it. Razz
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/18/2010, 1:12 pm

I wear it every day except for when I'm just home with my family. The least makeup I'll wear is concealer and mascara. Usually though, I wear liquid eyeliner, foundation, concealer, mascara and sometimes chapstick. There's the odd time when I'll wear pencil liner and black eyeshadow as well, but it tends to smudge too much.

Last edited by Komoda on 7/18/2010, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 7/18/2010, 1:34 pm

I don't. Mum tried to get me to wear mascara once but I can't stand getting stuff near my eyes.
I think I'm pretty the way I am. I dun need makeup.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/18/2010, 3:04 pm

I don't wear makeup because I don't want to and because, well, I'm not going to get any prettier by putting goo on my face. I don't think there's anything wrong with people who do wear it, though.

I do use lip gloss sometimes, but that's because my lips are really chapped.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Do you wear makeup? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/18/2010, 4:11 pm

I voted for way too many of those. Um... Let's see...

I think I voted for Yes, but not very often, but only because I wasn't sure if cover-up was considered makeup. Just for the occasional pimple. I don't get many, but sometimes they pop up, particularly 'cause I go beyond my shower-every-other-day schedule now and then (choir inconveniences >.>).

If cover-up doesn't count, well, then No, I don't really want to. I understand that I don't meet today's standards as pretty, and the world needs those little peeps that aren't afraid to say they're naturally ugly. x3

I also said No, I find it superficial. I don't want people liking how long my eyelashes are or how much I sparkle from so much stuff on my face. For me natural's the way to go for those reasons.
Plus, I don't think this counts as superficial, but I can't stand these two girls at my school. One puts on this glittery teal eyeshadow like she's going to the masquerade ball while the other smudges plain chartreuse eyeshadow on over her olive-toned skin. Oh my gosh, it's almost torture to have to look them in the eye when they're presenting in class. T.T

And even then... No, I'm not allowed to. Razz

I also said Other because all of the above applies with the exception of Halloween. Last year I had lipstick and baby powder thrown onto my face to make me pale and look like a vampire. XD (Yes, I had to use baby powder.)

Also, Wanting to look pretty isn't a crime, I agree. It's when action is taken at an underage level to assure others think you're "pretty" too that should be considered a crime. -.-
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/18/2010, 7:20 pm

Sometimes. If I'm bored or going to a special event I will. But never for school or if I'm just sitting around at home.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/18/2010, 7:31 pm

Yes. I actually wear it really heavy and gothic. I have my eyeliner on the top eyelid and apply it with heavy force. Then I put some dark eyeshadow or some some-what light eyeshadow on and blush. The eyeliner on the top is black and a little purple goes on the bottom.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/18/2010, 8:05 pm

I don't, because I'm a guy so...
But I will say this..
I don't find it atractive when girls pile it on. Alittle is okay, but not so much you look like a racoon or like a box of glitter crayons blew up in your face...
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/18/2010, 8:16 pm

Just adding this, because I didn't realize we were talking about the superficial aspect of makeup as well.

I really don't see it as superficial in the slightest. It's every bit as "fake" as straightening wavy hair, or covering up your body with clothes. It's just a part of the grooming process, really. Not everyone's perfect at it. Without a doubt, there are girls who haven't learned to apply it properly and don't have it blended with their skin tone. I think it's cruel to make fun of them, though. It's like making fun of someone because you don't like the accessories with their clothes. On the other hand, some girls wear extreme makeup by choice. I think that's fine, because it makes them look beautiful in their own way and I appreciate the effort they put into it. Personally, my makeup's plain because I don't like touching it up so much and I spend long enough getting ready as it is. >.<

But to the point. It's not superficial. Believe it or not, it's okay to care about how you look. Your outer body is every bit apart of you as your personality. That doesn't mean you have to go buy loads of clothes and makeup to look good, but don't be ashamed or scared to do what you think you need to do to groom yourself. There are lots of people who will never understand makeup and make fun of you for it, but ignore them. They're no better than those who label others.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 7/18/2010, 9:08 pm

NEEEEEVVVVVVVVERRRR! O_o
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/18/2010, 9:10 pm

No, because I find it superficial. Not to mention super gross. Razz
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/18/2010, 10:51 pm

Thanks for voting. ^^

Komoda wrote:Just adding this, because I didn't realize we were talking about the superficial aspect of makeup as well.

I really don't see it as superficial in the slightest. It's every bit as "fake" as straightening wavy hair, or covering up your body with clothes. It's just a part of the grooming process, really. Not everyone's perfect at it. Without a doubt, there are girls who haven't learned to apply it properly and don't have it blended with their skin tone. I think it's cruel to make fun of them, though. It's like making fun of someone because you don't like the accessories with their clothes. On the other hand, some girls wear extreme makeup by choice. I think that's fine, because it makes them look beautiful in their own way and I appreciate the effort they put into it. Personally, my makeup's plain because I don't like touching it up so much and I spend long enough getting ready as it is. >.<

But to the point. It's not superficial. Believe it or not, it's okay to care about how you look. Your outer body is every bit apart of you as your personality. That doesn't mean you have to go buy loads of clothes and makeup to look good, but don't be ashamed or scared to do what you think you need to do to groom yourself. There are lots of people who will never understand makeup and make fun of you for it, but ignore them. They're no better than those who label others.

Mo, I agree completely with this post. Well said. :3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Taquito 7/19/2010, 12:39 am

Only on special occasions. I don't like to wear makeup that much.
I don't use like, a whole tube of mascara. >.<
Taquito
Taquito
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1227

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/19/2010, 1:43 pm

Komoda wrote:Just adding this, because I didn't realize we were talking about the superficial aspect of makeup as well.

Aw, I feel so fake for some reason because I pile it on....but it's a good point. Makeup is makeup, if it makes you feel beautiful then you look beautiful. Everyones beautiful in some way, wheter it's inner or outer. Very nicely done, Komo.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/19/2010, 1:52 pm

I agree with Noah. nod

I also agree with what Komoda said. Smile
There's definitely no crime in wanting to feel pretty. I think as long as you don't use to much, as Noah pointed out, then it's very pretty. But if you use so much to the extent of where it looks like markers exploded onto your face, it doesn't make you look that pretty anymore, in my opinion. It covers up your natural beauty. Not all girls/men be amazingly pleasurable to look at, but if you put so much makeup on, it just makes you look worse and it makes you appear as very self-conscious. I think a little amount of makeup, or regular amount, is the way to go if you choose to wear makeup. Smile

I just don't wear it yet because, like I said before, I think I'm fine without it for now. Razz Sometimes I'll put a little mascara on if I want to (mostly for special occasions) but that's fairly rare. I'm more for the natural-y makeup look. :3
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/19/2010, 1:57 pm

Avé wrote:Mo, I agree completely with this post. Well said. :3

Thanks. :3

B wrote:Aw, I feel so fake for some reason because I pile it on....but it's a good point. Makeup is makeup, if it makes you feel beautiful then you look beautiful. Everyones beautiful in some way, wheter it's inner or outer. Very nicely done, Komo.

Don't ever feel fake, B. ^^ If it's what makes you feel confident, then there's nothing wrong with it.

Rai wrote:I agree with Noah. nod

I also agree with what Komoda said. Smile
There's definitely no crime in wanting to feel pretty. I think as long as you don't use to much, as Noah pointed out, then it's very pretty. But if you use so much to the extent of where it looks like markers exploded onto your face, it doesn't make you look that pretty anymore, in my opinion. It covers up your natural beauty. Not all girls/men be amazingly pleasurable to look at, but if you put so much makeup on, it just makes you look worse and it makes you appear as very self-conscious. I think a little amount of makeup, or regular amount, is the way to go if you choose to wear makeup. Smile

I just don't wear it yet because, like I said before, I think I'm fine without it for now. Razz Sometimes I'll put a little mascara on if I want to (mostly for special occasions) but that's fairly rare. I'm more for the natural-y makeup look. :3
Yeah, I definitely agree with you there, Rai. nod

Yeah, I used to be like that too, until I hit high school. The lack of sleep kind of butchers my skin. >.<
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/19/2010, 3:03 pm

I agree, Rai. When it's used to cover up a few flaws... that's fine. When it's used to cover up your natural beauty? I don't necessarily have a problem with it, though I would never do it. However, when it's used to enhance your natural beauty, that's perfectly fine with me.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/19/2010, 3:14 pm

I'm not even gonna try talking about whether it's superficial. xD I'm just gonna say that I'm not really allowed to wear most makeup . . . coverup and lip gloss is it, though I'm much older than the last time I asked, so idk what my mom would say if I brought it up now.

I don't really wanna bother with much other makeup, though. When I'm with my friends and they're wearing it too and ask me if I wanna use theirs, sure, just for the heck of it. But if I did actually own much, I'd probably only wear it on special occasions.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Do you wear makeup? 1312Do you wear makeup? 2412Do you wear makeup? 3349Do you wear makeup? 3548Do you wear makeup? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 7/19/2010, 4:03 pm

Neh...

I hate most make up, but I do wear mascara, sometimes, and cover up alot.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by conich 7/19/2010, 8:39 pm

I voted for Its superficial because alot of girls just wear to much. Make-up is supposed to inhance your natural beauty, not match the color of your outfit. I also voted for other cause I wear lipgloss, concealer, and occasionally powder. Mostly if I'm having one of those I'm tired and I look horrible days, It makes me feel a little better about my appearance.
conich
conich
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by UchihaGirl1135 7/19/2010, 9:10 pm

I hate makeup, but I like to wear it during special occasions. Girls at my school look like clowns because they wear to much.
UchihaGirl1135
UchihaGirl1135
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4769

http://www.emy1196.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Newms 7/19/2010, 9:16 pm

Nope, I don't wear it. I barely put it on for special occasions. I don't quite see the point in it. I'll probably come off as sounding self-riteous and overly-moralistic for saying it, but I am one for natural beauty. Not that I think I'm overly-pretty or anything, but I feel like if soemone thinks I look pretty because I'm wearing make-up it's not me who's looking pretty, its my makeup.

(On a side note, I am thouroughly amused by putting mascara on, so I have been known to do that occasionally....xD Eyeliner freaks me out, but when done right, it looks very nice. Oh, and I don't have a problem with people who do wear makeup. That's all fine and dandy. I'm just not a fan. )
The Newms
The Newms
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Do you wear makeup? Siggy

Female Posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next