The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religiless?

+16
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Horsey
Squeecky540
Rottie
rattyjol
Smalltownwriter
Taquito
amrgirl
Cyn431
Komoda
Kiriana Shadeweaver
shadowsowner888
MusicWritingLove
B
Arianna
lauren
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Religiless? Empty Religiless?

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 2:46 pm

What do people of twig think of people with no religion?

(If this thread isn't okay, please delete it/close it/whatever. I really don't want to be breaking any rules Wink)
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Religiless? Empty Re: Religiless?

Post by Arianna 7/19/2010, 3:09 pm

Oh, you'd never be breaking any rules about /that/ here. xD

I'm 'religiless', I guess. Very Happy So is Kiri. I know there are a bunch of other atheists, but I can't think of their names. Very Happy

But generally people here are very respectful of people's religion or lack of it. Very Happy That's one of the things I love about Twig.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Religiless? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/19/2010, 3:10 pm

They're peole too. No big deal with me, I respect their descision.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/19/2010, 3:12 pm

I am totally down with everyone and their beliefs. Believe what you want, it's you. You shouldnt aim to please anyone.
I'm an atheist, and I'm proud of it. I'm totally fine with other religions. It's just not what I believe, but it's okay to me for others to. If that makes sense at all.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/19/2010, 3:13 pm

I'm atheist, I can't see a problem in any religion. As long as it doesn't hurt other people, you respect other people and their beliefs, and you basically don't force people to believe in what you believe in, it's all good. ^_^
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/19/2010, 3:29 pm

I don't mind them; any religion or lack of is fine with me. :3 Of course it's hard to get around the urge to run around trying to evangelize, but that'd probably just offend people . . . haha, so I've never done that before. XD

When it all comes down to it, though, it's not really the religion that matters to me. It's the people themselves.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Religiless? 1312Religiless? 2412Religiless? 3349Religiless? 3548Religiless? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 7/19/2010, 3:32 pm

As Ari said, indeed I am atheistic. Having a problem with such people would be rather hypocritical, hmm?
That said, I'm with everyone else; if you're not forcing it on others, or hurting people, I see no reason that you shouldn't believe what you do. We are all people. It's a matter of opinion; no one has proof anyone's religion is "right." Well, except dead people maybe, but they can't exactly say anything.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/19/2010, 3:36 pm

It's completely fine with me. :3 Same goes with people of other religions. I love philosophy in general, so it interests me to see the different outlooks on life and beliefs that people have here. (:
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/19/2010, 4:38 pm

I'm still kind of like a one year old when it comes to what religion I want to follow. I'll give the same answer if somebody asks me why Billy Bob won't jump off of a cliff: I don't really know (or care, for that matter), just give me my chocolate. ^^;

I'm not sure if the above counts as being "religiless", but either way, as long as people aren't ordering me to believe something, I'm cool with it. So yeah, I know I basically just repeated what the others said, but hey, it's still further support, I guess.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/19/2010, 5:15 pm

I'm an atheist. As longs as people respect other's beliefs, then I am fine with whatever they believe.

(I had something better to say, but I forgot it...)
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Taquito 7/19/2010, 6:30 pm

They're people too. Treat them like any other human being.
Taquito
Taquito
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1227

Back to top Go down

Post by Smalltownwriter 7/19/2010, 8:12 pm

B wrote:They're peole too. No big deal with me, I respect their descision.
Me too.
Smalltownwriter
Smalltownwriter
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 155

http://nightowl2911.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/21/2010, 12:43 am

I'm kinda Jewish but also not. I mean, I've spent the last nine years at a Jewish school, and in heritage I'm definitely Jewish, but the actual religion itself... Meh. I don't know if I believe in any sort of god. I respect all religions, but what bothers me is when people are trying to force their religion on you. That kinda runs deep with me, because I've spent the last nine years learning about all the times Jews were killed for refusing to convert to whatever religion doesn't like them now. xP
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Rottie 7/26/2010, 7:56 pm

I'm looking for a religion so i'm not technacally an athiest, but i'm all for other religions, i think it's awesome that people are other religions than just the main one. so i don't really care
Rottie
Rottie
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Religiless? Siggy

Religiless? Siggy

Religiless? Siggy

Female Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeecky540 7/27/2010, 12:57 pm

I'm around many religions, predominately Catholicism. I go to Catechism so I can have a barely passing attendance and Church maybe about once a month. I go through these process for the Catholic people who I loved before they died. But I still don't really believe or disbelieve a thing I hear.

I'm Agnostic. I don't know if there is a god, there may or may not be one. I'm also non-religious. I don't care. I want to live my life out the way I want to live it out. I'm not going to waste away my life on things that could just surmount to nothing but wasted time in the end. I'm going to live good and bad things, but I hope to be an overall decent person. I'm not going to shoot for the starts to improve myself.

If I am decent by my own rights, then if there is a God and he is a God I'd want to be with, then he should be reasonable enough to take me for just being a reasonable person. If he's not willing because I didn't follow his religion, then I wouldn't want to be with such an expecting and unreasonable God in the first place... I wouldn't call a god like that God. If there is no God, then I will still die with a smile on my face, proud of the life I lived nevertheless. And if their are many gods, it would follow by the same rules. If for somehow there were to be a Goddess or goddesses or gods and goddesses, it wouldn't change. The Romans could be right for all I know and care. I'll live my life happily and decently, no matter what others say.

I also believe in this actually Atheistic quote:
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

I don't like it when people try to convert you, force you, or promote their religion too strongly. Around where I used to live, no matter the religion they promoted, we call them The Bible-Beaters. Oh yeah, they'd come around our houses and give us long speeches about how great their religion was. Yeah, I'd rather people just kept such tentative subjects to themselves.

Subtle religious people are fine with me... and people who love their god enough to exalt him slightly are fine with me too. I won't hate a person for their religion, even if they are a Bible-Beater. For the most part, no one really cares online, unless you're on a thread like this or on a religious club.
Squeecky540
Squeecky540
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsey 7/27/2010, 3:25 pm

I am a strong Orthodox Christian myself
If religious-less people are interested in learning about the Christian faith, then I will gladly tell them all about it
But if they aren't, I will not be all over them trying to get them to convert
I will just pray for them (:
Horsey
Horsey
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Obsessed with Naruto.
Gotta problem with that?
Didn't think so x]
Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Jessi O'Shea 7/27/2010, 4:24 pm

I'm fine with it seeing as I have none. I belive in God, but I don't Jesus.
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6862

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 7/27/2010, 4:46 pm

I'm a christian, I go to a baptist church and I am very happy with it. But I certainly have no problem with any other religions of course if I'm going to have a close relationship with someone (i.e boyfriend or best friend) i would want them to have something close to my beliefs because it keeps away a lot of unneeded conflict.

That being said, I can get along with people of other beliefs as long as those things aren't discussed too much. And in fact I really don't like Christians who are uppity and all "GOD HATES YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T ONLY LISTEN TO 102.3 THE RIVER RAAAAWR!!!" That actually really bothers me...Because that's why a lot of atheists or non Christians hate us. It's because of those people, and there I go I could blabber about this forever so I'm gonna stop now. But if you wanna know anything about my beliefs (not just christian but other stuff too) then message me ok?
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 7/27/2010, 8:47 pm

Ah, catbuster, I agree with you. I can't stand it when someone claims to be a Christian and then gets all over someone else because they listen to secular music, or don't listen to Christian music 24/7.

With that, I am a born-again Christian, seeing as how I re-committed my life about 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I will explain my beliefs to you if you wish to hear about them.
No, I will not force it down your throat yelling 'YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE THIS OR I WON'T BE YOUR FRIEND!!!!' No way would I do that to anyone. I can't stand it when someone does that.

I'm not trying to be mean, but, I've also noticed that quite a few of the people on the WI Jesus Freak club are quite prejiduce against some celebs. I mean, I know it's their opinion and everything, but, come on, why be rude and prejiduce over it on a God-loving club?

One more thing(I know, I have a lot to say), there is an AMAZING voice actor out there by the name Vic Mignogna. He is a Christian, and can't stand yaoi(boyxboy pairings), and he doesn't state his opinion on it rudely. He has a lot of fans, Christian and non-Christian, and he loves them all the same.

All I can do, is pray that I can be like Vic and love people, regardless of their religion.

(Wow... that was a LOT!)
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 23705

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeecky540 7/27/2010, 9:06 pm

TAMAKI!!! <333

Sorry that needed to be there.

I only watch subbed anime, but my friend told me Vic dubs for Zero of VK.
Squeecky540
Squeecky540
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 7/27/2010, 10:13 pm

OH MY GOSH, TAMAKI SEMPAI (well his voice) is a christian!? That just made my life...K sorry, I just actually really love his voice XD.

But your right Britt, I feel the exact same way he does. I don't think it's the right thing to do but you shouldn't shun them for it and in fact I dislike it when people scorn a loving couple because they are the same gender.
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 7/27/2010, 10:20 pm

Yes, Vic is a Christian. He has stated it many times and has a Bible verse on his website. And ever since I found he was Christian, and I have absolutely loved(as another Christian) him for it.

I share the same views as Vic on yaoi and yuri. Whether it be in real life or in anime, I'm sorry, but I do not support it.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 23705

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 7/28/2010, 12:56 am

*Nod* I agree it's not right BUT I don't like people who just sit there and call them terrible.
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/28/2010, 1:03 am

If you have a problem with homo$exuality, can you please move the conversation to PMs? It's completely irrelevant to the topic.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 7/28/2010, 8:54 am

I'm christian and proud of it, but that doesn't mean I shun people who are not. I believe that God might open hearts when he wants to, I really don't mind if they don't believe what I believe. Sure I might not agree with it, but I don't shun them because of it. And I don't like people who do, I don't hate them, but I don't believe you should disown people because of what they believe in or act like. You might have caution, thats fine, but don't be mad at them for not being raised like you. God calls us to witness, not shuv it in other peoples faces. It's not right to force it on anyone, if they want to know, I'm glad to tell them, if not, then I'll wait. Truly I don't dislike anyone just because of their religin.
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: