The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Akeria's Writing Resources Thread

Go down

Akeria's Writing Resources Thread Empty Akeria's Writing Resources Thread

Post by Akeria 8/24/2009, 8:39 pm

I was looking at the Character Development thread, and I thought "Hey, what better way to get ready for NaNoWriMo than to develop my characters? So... That's what this thread is going to be for me. Very Happy Character Development, and all sorts of writing resources, just for me to go back to and see, okay... the character likes broccoli. "Maria ate a piece of broccoli." like that. Like a tool to enhance my writing. I'm not going to do any tonight, but I will probably do some tomorrow. (After I figure out the main plot... Razz)

Comment if you want, but keep 'em positive people. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Akeria's Writing Resources Thread Empty Re: Akeria's Writing Resources Thread

Post by Akeria 8/24/2009, 9:14 pm

Full Name: Nuka
Eye Color: Red
Hair Color: Golden-blonde
Hair Length: To just below her shoulders
Skin Color: Very pale
How thick is the hair: Very, and very wavy curly too.
Hobbies: Hunting, riding, xoi,
Dislikes: People telling her what to do/controlling her.
Easy to anger? : Very.
Quiet or Loud? : Loud.
Trademark: ? Um... Hm... Idk
Daily Routine: Every morning, as Nuka gets up, she goes and milks the Varnons (Like cows, but a lot hairier, and they spit a lot.) and then grabs her bow and arrow, and goes off into the fields to collect grain for breakfast. She doesn't have parents, but she lives with a mentor by the name of Argnon, who is constantly telling her what to do, which she hates. She then goes into town to trade the leftover grain for something they need, like a new bucket to hold the Varnon milk, or something of the sort. Since there is no money, people trade with what they have, creating a peaceful economical place to live. Smile
If they had 1 million dollars, they would: There is no money where she lives.
Favorite Color: There are no colors, really, but it'd probably be the color of her eyes.
Favorite Food: Varnon Tak (Like a beef steak...)
Crush: No one. The marriages are arranged, but she still doesn't like anyone.
Good or evil : Goood.
Special Traits: Her ability to change events to her liking is pretty cool, but it's very subtle.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 8/24/2009, 9:29 pm

What is the character’s full name? Nickname? Nuka
What is the character? A person? An animal? Something else? A Sion, but that's like a human
How old is the character? What is their birth date? What is their sign? What age do they seem to be? Nuka is fifteen years old. Birth dates and signs are not kept recorded, because of the almost primitave nature of where she lives. She seems to be about her own age, maybe a little younger.
What do you notice first about this person? Do they have any distinguishing facial features? Her eyes are red, but everyone's eyes are red where she lives. Her hair color is a lot lighter than most of the people where she lives. She has bigger eyes too.
How do other characters see this person? Does this character realize they feel that way? They see her the way she carries herself, and the way she wants to be seen; poised, attractive, but with a temperant nature and easily angered.
What are the general facial features of this person? Red eyes, pale skin, pointed chin, and very rounded ears, just like everyone else.
What do people like best about this person? That she doesn't take anyone's crap.
Describe the physical appearance of the character. Skin color, texture, quality, and facial/bodily hair? Light blond hair which falls to her shoulders, red eyes, pale, and skinny from all of the work that she does. Other than the top of the head, and eyebrows and eyelashes, no one where she lives has any bodily hair...
Height? Weight? Tall or short? Husky, petite, lean, or muscular? About 5'0, which is tall where she lives, slender, but not unhealthy. Muscular, but leaner, and petite.
Hair color, texture, style, health, and length? (Baldness?) Eye color and shape? Eyebrows? Blond, thick and curly, red eyes, bigger, round almost, except where they point out at the ends, thin eyebrows.
Nose size, shape, length, and width? Mouth length, width, size, shape, color? Teeth? Small nose, normal shaped, and small in length in with. Mouth, the same, but fuller and very pink. White teeth.
Does
the character have any disabilities or health issues? Distinguishing
marks? Tattoos? Disfigurements? Birthmarks? Scars? Moles? Skin
abnormalities? Wrinkles? Veins? Acne? Boils? Warts? Etc. Why? What were
the causative circumstances?
No health issues, distinguishing marks, disfigurements, birthmarks, moles, skin abnormalities, wrinkles, veins? Everyone has veins... but no acne, boils warts, etc... She does have tattoos, which is different than anyone in the village, so she hides them. One is on her left wrist, and it is a black circle, with a white dot in the center, which spokes off to the edges. The other is on the bottom of her foot, and it just makes the bottom of her foot black.
What would this character like to change about their appearance? She doesn't appreciate her tattoos, because she doesn't like attention.
What
style of clothing does the person normally wear? Fancy or plain?
Expensive or cheap? Elegant or simple? Describe the clothes. What kind
of leggings or skirt? What kind of shirt or blouse? What kind of coat?
What kind of headgear? What kind of footgear?
She usually wears leather hides and furs, very plain, and not expensive or cheap, because there is no money. Very simple. She has a leather shirt and a vest of furs to go over it, and then a skirt made out of similar furs. her shoes are leather boots that come up to her anckles, and she wears a leather band around her left wrist to cover the tattoo.
What kind of jewelry or ornamentation does the character wear? Rings, earrings, necklaces, medallions, or piercings? Nothing.
What is this person’s favorite article(s) of clothing and jewelry, formal and informal? Clothing would be her leather band, and I guess that counts as jewlery too.
What are on your character’s feet at this precise moment? Leather boots, but simple and worn from running.
What
kind of weapons does this character carry? Why? What do these weapons
accomplish? How much training has your character had in the use of
these weapons?
A bow and arrow, and a small knife. The bow and arrow is mainly for hunting, and the knife is for carving wood really... She's had a lot of training.
What is this character’s expression when happy? Angry? Sad? Often frustrated, but usually happy.
What proportion do this characters’ legs have to their body? They're long, and slender.
What do their hands, nails, and fingers look like? Scared from work, nails bitten and figners bony and thin.
Any glasses or contacts? No.
Usual makeup worn? No.
How does this person walk? What is their posture when in motion? Confidant, with an almost regal look.
Any special gestures or movements? No.
What is this character’s speaking style?
She doesn't speak very much, but when she does, it's authoritative, but not pushy.
Any unique qualities or characteristics? Quirks? She's irritated with who she has to live with a lot...
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 8/25/2009, 10:47 am

This is the kind of person who: Would stick up for someone they didn't know.
Does this character have any special skills or knowledge? She can almost manipulate events to go in her favor.
What character flaws does this person have? She gets frustrated and angry very easily, doesn't trust easily, and hates being an outsider.
What does this character want? Hope for? Dream for? What do they want most? She wants to fit in, but she dreams of living something away from here... somewhere different, and she knows she was made for something more than living on a farm.
What is in the way of this character getting what they want? The life she lives, and the primitive style of it.
What will happen if this character doesn’t get what they want? She would go on living, but it would make her increasingly angry.
How does this character struggle to get what she wants? She doesn't, someone brings it to her.
When is it hopeless? Never. She doesn't give up.
How does it end? What is surprising about this? I can't say that Wink
How does the main character change? She becomes more mature, and develops mentally.
What do you want for this person? I want her to be happy, and to know that she's not alone.
What is a special time you’ve had with this person? I... don't know... Making her up?
What does this character need? She needs attention, but not too much. She hates being the center of things, and wishes people would leave her alone.
Is this character religious? What is their relationship with God? There is no religion.
What powers or abilities does this character have? What, if anything, is special about this character? What is fantastic? She can manipulate events into her favor.
What is this character’s weakness? Fatal flaw? What are they insecure about?
She's insecure about the fact that she's different, and that she doesn't have parents, and she must live with a guardian.
What is this character afraid of? What is their biggest fear? Who have they told this to? Who would she never tell? Why? Her biggest fear would be losing her only friend, and her guardian, but she would never tell anyone, because she thinks that being afraid means you are weak.
What makes this character angry? People telling her what to do, and how to do it.
What makes this character sad? People talking about her parents.
What makes this character happy? People leaving her alone.
What
does this character most need to learn? What does this character most
need to say to whom? What is the essential emotional problem that this
character must face and resolve? What challenges does the character
face? How are they overcome?
The fact that her guardian dies, fairly early on in the story is a big blow to her, and it takes a little while for her to get over it.
What’s the way they would best like to spend a weekend? Hunting.
What would be a great gift for this person? A new weapon.
What are this character’s dislikes or pet peeves? People, missing game.
What is this character’s temperament? Easily-angered.
What is a good way to cheer up this person? Her guardian can sing a song.
What is a good way to annoy this person? Talking about her parents, or telling her what to do.
Where does this character go when she is angry? Into the barn, near the varnons to think.
Does this person have a secret(s)? Have they ever told anyone? What is their deepest, darkest secret? Only her guardian knows about the tattoos.
Has your character ever been in love? Had a broken heart?
The marriages are aranged where she lives, but she doesn't have any interest in this.
Do they fidget ever? How do they react to pressure, drama, grief, anger, boredom, nervousness, excitement, etc.? She fidgets when she's talking directly to someone, and she doesn't look them in the eye unless it's important.
Is this character outgoing, or shy? Outgoing.
Describe the character in three words. Bold, Headstrong, Hot-headed.
What do you really like about your character? How brave she is.
What do you dislike about your character? How she is immature for her age.
If your character could change their name, what would they change it to? She wouldn't.
What is your character’s favorite band? Song? Type of music? There isn't any music where she lives.
What is your character’s favorite book, and why? No books.
What are your character’s favorite sports teams? No sports.
What is your character’s favorite season? Fall, because it's harvest, and she likes the colors.
What makes your character most uncomfortable? Being in a room with people her own age.
In what ways is the character like you? How is the character not like you? She's bold and outgoing, but she's a lot more reckless and immature than I am.
What does your character love to do? Hunt.
What is your character’s favorite weather? Calm, but cool.
Where is this character’s secret hiding place that they go when they want to be alone? The woods, near a certain tree.
Why do you love this character? Because she knows that she was made for something more, and she doesn't take crap from anyone.
What would be this character’s dream vacation? Hunting.
What is the best thing ever to this person? Hunting, and being alone, but knowing her guardian is there for her.
What is the worst thing ever to this person? Losing someone she loves, because there is only one person in the world.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Akeria's Writing Resources Thread Empty I'm working on this one.

Post by Akeria 8/26/2009, 6:16 pm

Mandatory Questions 1. What about you is heroic? My bravery. Even for a female, I am very brave.
2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
I don't like people very much. They tend to irritate me, because they tell me what to do, which I don't appreciate. I am social with very few people, only the people at the market in the village and Argnon hold my attention.

Personal Questions 1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use? My real name is Nukalla Lurina. I go by a shortened form of Nukalla, Nuka.
2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it? I suppose that Nuka could be classified as a nickname. It's a shortened form of my name, and that's what everyone calls me. Only Argnon knows my full name.
3. What do you look like? (Include height, weight, hair, eyes, skin, apparent age, and distinguishing features) I am quite tall for my age, about five feet tall, ninty pounds, with blonde hair and red eyes. My skin is paler than most people here, my eyes redder, and my hair a bit curlier. I appear to be fifteen, which is my age.
4. How do you dress most of the time? Leather shirt, long sleeved, with a vest of furs over it, and a fur skirt and leather boots. And the leather band that goes around my wrist.
5. How do you "dress up?" I do not.
6. How do you "dress down?" I do not.
7. What do you wear when you go to sleep? animal furs.
8. Do you wear any jewelry? Just the wrist band.
9. In your opinion, what is your best feature? My eyes. They are always focused.
10. What's your real birth date? We do not keep track of these unimportant things where I live.
11. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.? There isn't much there. It's a one room hut, with two hammocks that Argnon made a while ago. There is a fireplace so we can cook, but most of where we live is the barn in the back, which holds all of the Varnons.
12. Do you own a car? Describe it. What is a car?
13. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much? My bow and arrow. It makes me feel secure, no matter where I go.
14. What one word best describes you? Temperent.
Familial Questions 1. What was your family like? I do not know. I wish I did.
2. Who was your father, and what was he like? I am told that his name was Carg, but I never met him.
3. Who was your mother, and what was she like? Again, I never met her. However her name was Lenia Novia
4. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married? What is marriage?
5. What were your siblings names? What were they like? I was told by Argnon that the one sibling that I had is not alive anymore.
6. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings? I don't know.

Childhood Questions 1. What is your first memory? A woman, standing over me, whispering a song to me. I think she might have been my mother.
2. What was your favorite toy? A wooden whistle that Argnon gave to me. He told me my father made it.
3. What was your favorite game? We did not have time to play.
4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out? Just Argnon. He's my best and only friend.
5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up? Argnon.
6. What is your fondest, childhood memory? Singing with Argnon.
7. What is your worst childhood memory? Not remembering who my parents or family are.
Likes & Dislikes Questions 1. What hobbies do you have?
2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
4. What bands do you like? Do you even pay attention?
5. What tape or CD hasn't left your player since your purchased it? Why?
6. What song is "your song?" Why?
7. What's been your favorite movie of all time?
8. Read any good books? What were they?
9. What do you watch on the Television?
10. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don't you care?
11. What type of places do you hang out in with your mundane friends?
12. What type of places do you hang out in with your normal friends?
13. What annoys you more than anything else?
14. What would be the perfect gift for you?
15. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
16. What time of day is your favorite?
17. What kind of weather is your favorite?
18. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
19. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
20. What's your favorite animal? Why?
21. Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind?
22. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
23. What habit that others have annoys you most?
24. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
25. What don't you like about yourself?
26. How would you like to look?
CABBAGE! & Intimacy Questions 1. Would you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Why?
2. Who was the first person you had CABBAGE! with? When did it happen? What was it like? How well did it go?
3. Have you ever had a same-CABBAGE! experience? Who with, what was it like, and how did it go?
4. What is your deepest, most well-hidden sexual fantasy? Would you ever try it?
5. What was the wildest thing you've ever done, sexually? Who was it with and when did it happen?
6. Is there any sexual activity that you enjoy and/or practice
regularly that can be considered non-standard? (Bondage, Fantasy Play,
etc.) Why do you like it?
7. Is there any sexual activity that you will not, under any circumstances, do?
8. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your
relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?
9. What is the perfect romantic date?
10. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
11. Do you ever want to get married and have children? When do you see this happening?
12. What is more important - CABBAGE! or intimacy? Why?
13. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with? (Does not need to be sexual, merely romantic.)
14. What's the worst thing you've done to someone you loved?
Drug & Alcohol Questions 1. How old were you when you first got drunk? What was the experience like?
Did anything good come out of it? Did anything bad come out of it?
2. Do you drink on any kind of regular basis?
3. What kind of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried any other kind of "mood altering" substance? Which one(s)? What did you think of each?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not?
Morality Questions 1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
4. What do you feel most strongly about?
5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?
7. Is there anything you think should not be incorporated into the
media or art (CABBAGE!, violence, greed, etc.,)? If so, what and why, and if
not, why not?
8. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?
9. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
10. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
11. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
12. What's the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
13. What's the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?
14. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you
think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of crap, say so,
and explain why?
15. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
16. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed,
or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you
think nothing can redeem itself?
17. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
18. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?
Post-Supernatural Awareness Questions 1. When did you go through whatever made you supernatural? What was it like (in your opinion)?
2. What do you think now of being supernatural? Is it cool, or have you been screwed?
3. Do you have a mentor? Who are they? How did you become their student?
4. Do you have any magical items? Where did you get them?
5. What do you think of the other denizens of the World of Darkness?
Why for each? (If you haven't met something, do you think it exists,
and if it does, is that bad or good?)
6. Think of a major event that happened during your training/initiation. What was it?
7. What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it?
Miscellaneous Questions 1.
What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is
anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that
would be?
2. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
3. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
5. What is your current long term goal?
6. What is your current short term goal?
7. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
8. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What
occupation would you want, and how would you spend all your time?
9. What time period do you wish you had lived in? Why? (Looking at this
as an attempt to change history doesn't count.) What appeals to you
about this era?
10. How private of a person are you? Why?
If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an
inhertiance, a lawsuit, a lottery, or anything else) what would you do
with it?
12. What would you wish for if you found a genie?
13. What do you do when you are bored?
14. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 5/27/2010, 5:51 pm

Yeah, this thread is back. I'm using this as my novel for our *possible* NaNoWriMo over the Summer on Twig. Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down