The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

5 posters

Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by shadowsowner888 12/7/2009, 11:21 pm

Started writing 9:30 PM CST, 12/6/09.

Times like these make me glad I’m no longer infatuated with Jamie . . . “times like these” meaning “finding out that Jamie has to be in love with Kayleigh (the dude N likes from The Blue Jeans, our band) in a play.” I was successfully able to keep from being jealous or whiny. nod

Cus, seriously . . . Jamie’s over-rated. xP He just teases people way too much and stuff; he’s really immature.

And he stole the attention from me. >.< And I don’t take that lightly.

As I told DL once, Nanowrimo really made me realize how much free time I really do have. So I’m able to appreciate life more, knowing that I have plenty of time to do whatever I want. Very Happy I’m trying to divide my time a little more evenly, though . . . so I’m trying to set aside an hour or so every day just for writing. Because it’s not even hard anymore, and I’m so delighted by that. x3 It’s even fun editing this fanfic that didn’t even happen in Shadow’s Universe.

Have any of you read the “I wrote a novel, now what?” (or whatever it’s called) page for NaNoWriMo 09? Probably. xD But on there, there was a lot of useful stuff - one of them really stood out to me, though, something another author said. I don’t remember it exactly, but it was along the lines of, “You must write whenever you can. If you want to watch TV [or do anything else, for that matter - just a note from me], then you’re not really a writer.”

Lol, I say you can still be a writer . . . but he has a point. To be a writer, not just somebody who writes but someone who writes because it’s what they love, and because it’s just what they do . . . well, you have to be willing to dedicate time to that, obviously. Even if Twig can help with that, even if all those other websites somehow help with that, even if playing simulation games inspires me, there’s nothing that can match up to actually taking the time to write.

So that is what I shall do - write.

I find it’s best to make sure I’m off the computer at a certain point, so after that, I have plenty of time for everything else. Today I got off at seven PM . . . after a morning on Twig, then Church, then some DC and tons of Mweor after dinner at Red Robin, I finally got off. But didn’t end up getting to write until two and a half hours later.

Mostly because I decided to kill some of my schoolwork for tomorrow, but you get the point - give yourself enough free time to get the writing done! Writing should be one of the most important things in your life. As my morals state, God comes first, then people (family especially), then any school/work you have . . . but after that you’re free to choose your priorities.

Well, my priorities are a little screwed up right now, because the computer definitely comes out over writing. Which it shouldn’t. But I’m slowly getting writing higher up!

Now where’re your priorities?

Hmm. I just remembered what Alice told Bella to ask for - The Clock Tower. Piazza del priori or something in french . . . but how are the words priori and priority related? Seriously! I’d like to know . . . ah, yes, learning new languages does wonders for your observance in vocabulary. xD I’m not even taking French, but I’ve been randomly spotting relationships between all sorts of words, and I somewhat can understand it when people say prayer-type things in Latin. (Yeah, the text I’m using is Christian. xD)

I’ve been getting re-addicted to Mweor . . . at last. I just can’t deny how much I really do enjoy it. Writing articles did it to me - because I’m writing one about Mweor now, I’ve been spending more time there. Then I started spending even more than I needed to, and now I’m becoming active again, all over the course of just a few days.

The problem is, I’m basically starting from scratch - and I don’t have noob status anymore, which makes it harder, since people are mostly just so generous when it comes to the beginning players. Razz So I have to buy and breed . . . it’s hard, but I’ll get my Cattery rebuilt, I swear it! One Mweor at a time.

See, while I was gone, all my Mweors got old. So each one is fifty years or older . . . at least Choc can still breed, but nobody could spar, and besides her there wasn’t anyone else able to breed. So I had to retire all the others (to save money), then stalk the sales board.

Luckily, I found a really gorgeous air tom, young and carrying lots of recessives, and even showing calico - I think it was that, at least. :3 So I got him for 15k. Now Hulie and I have this RP going, and it’s so perfect. xD I’m finally getting back into things, and it feels great. I really missed Mweor. I’m even considering making myself shiny . . . What a Face (I’mma wait this time, though. xD Because though it didn’t cost me anything last time I was shiny, I wasted half of the whole time thanks to my changing interests. Razz)

Anywho . . . Ratty, if you end up reading this, remember how, in your comment, you asked me if I “really have those converstaions in my head”? Well, in Red Robin, I was thinking about that . . . my mom was being a brat and harrassing me because I apparently wanted to color, so I protested and said I would write. nod Well, I didn’t feel up to writing anything terribly deep, since I was sitting next to my aunt . . . so I remembered what you said, and told myself, “Well, now I shall have one of those conversations in my head.”

So I did. Except, for once, I wrote it down. What a Face

See, Jacob’s a little confused that I keep talking to him all of a sudden. But I think, deep down, he might still be in love with me. Very Happy Sure, maybe he likes Chloe more . . . but right now, just that little smidge is good enough for me. Because, apparently, he and his pack and Edward are all out in Maine, trying to finish off this nasty little newborn . . . hmm, I’ll need to ask him how that went. o.0 I hope everyone’s all right. But basically, I was whining about how I could’ve gone to help. But he freaked a little, and insisted that they had it covered, even though the vampire has some weird kind of shield that prevents anyone from seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or feeling it. nod It was quite obvious he didn’t want me to get hurt.

This is all gonna be so much better when I finally get the me aspect implemented in the Twilight RP. xD It’ll be delightfully plotfull!

But, anyway, yup. Very Happy Thanks Ratty, for giving me the idea to actually write the conversation down.

I’m not posting it, though, as you can see. xD But if anyone really wants me to, I shall.

Added at 5:23 PM CST, 12/07/09:
Ooooomg. Very Happy I had this awesome dream . . . there was a lot of stuff mixed in there. But I suppose I should start with a previous dream. There was this dude and he was driving me somewhere, and we were best friends, but he was in love with me and I didn’t know it. Well, I’m pretty sure that he was in the dream I had last night. There was stuff about a dog I had to rescue and how it was near death and stuff, but then there was also stuff where this guy locked me in his house. So I locked myself in one of the rooms, where a few other people were hiding from him, and me and one of them jumped out the window. I’m pretty sure the dude that jumped with me could fly, because after that he basically was gone. But I couldn’t fly, and I didn’t, like, wanna kill myself. Well, the guy that was in love with me was waiting there for me, so he told me he’d catch me. :3 And then I was basically hugging him because I was really happy that I wasn’t dead or anything, and then we started making out. Very Happy WHOOOOT.

I think I’m sorta considering that my first kiss. xD

The thing that annoys me, though . . . every time I meet an awesome fictional guy, he always gets claimed by somebody because he’s always in a story of some sort and dating some other girl. >.< I don’t wanna give up the guy that was in love with me. But I don’t think I’m going to be able to stop it from happening . . . he’s my character, now that he’s shown up in my subconscious, but he has to follow a different path apparently . . . just like Jacob . . . *sigh* >.<

On another note . . . I think I’m gonna be continuing that story about Lyssa soon. :3 I’ve got some lovely inspirations. And they’re taking over my mind!!

Seven Things I Shall do to Jamie in Sims

Provided I can. What a Face
1. Make everyone hate him. And, of course, they shall all love me! Very Happy Oooh, yes, Sim Jamie’s so gonna get it.
2. Have him date a fatty. nod Nothing more embarrassing than dating a fatty. If you’re shallow, that is.
3. Break his guitars. I don’t have the guts to really do that, but it’ll be fun to!
4. Kill his career. He’s gonna be a failure, I tell you, a FAILURE!
5. Never ever ever let him go to the bathroom. This spells J - a - m - i - e - ‘s - d - o - o - m to me. Very Happy
6. Make him late. He’ll wake up late, get to work late, graduate late, even get a girlfriend late. Late in that last instance also meaning ‘never.’ Unless it’s that fatty.
7. Turn him into a hobo. evil

Thank you for reading! Very Happy You’ve won yourself a free hobo!
The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Hobo-bindlestiff1
Don’t worry, he doesn’t bite. At least, not if you feed him enough. nod

Here’s the playlist! Very Happy I Caught Myself just seems to fit my situation with Jamie. I wanted You Just Don’t Know It . . . but Project Playlist didn’t have it. xP

Finished writing at 10:20 PM CST, 12/6/09.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by rattyjol 12/8/2009, 12:32 am

Haha, niiiice. XD But wouldn't piazza del priori or whatever it was be Italian? XD

And you are very welcome. Very Happy Could we see the conversation, if you don't mind? Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today!

Post by Arianna 12/8/2009, 3:10 am

Hmm, my priorities? Writing, family, school. In that order.
My priorities are messed up. Seriously. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 12/8/2009, 11:36 am

So are mine. XD Internet, writing, school, family, friends.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 12/8/2009, 3:33 pm

I have a story - I wanted to comment and say that I liked your seven things today, but when I scrolled down, I couldn't find the quick reply box... And I flipped out. Then I realized I wasn't logged in.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/8/2009, 6:38 pm

Oh . . . hmm, maybe. xD

Sure Ratty. Very Happy I shall . . . um . . . post it in my next blog! xD Cus for now I have to get off.

Lol, nice, Ari. xD

*highfives Ratty* We relate. Very Happy

Lol, nice, Keri!! xD And thanks.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 1312The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 2412The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3349The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3548The Sown Shadow - Bringing you yesterday's news today! 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 12/8/2009, 6:47 pm

Lovely blog, Ado! Very Happy I especially enjoyed the seven things. I think I'm liking Jamie less and less... XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/9/2009, 8:32 pm

Thanks!! x3 Lol, I just went back up and read number two randomly, and cracked up.

Didja ever see my freewrite about him a few days ago? Page 27 of the thread, I believe. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down