The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umm ... New?

+4
Arianna
rattyjol
Avé
Selene Hime
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Umm ... New? - Page 2 Empty Re: Umm ... New?

Post by shadowsowner888 2/26/2010, 2:32 pm

That's my hope, too! Very Happy I'm actually working on a novel that I plan to send off for publication as soon as I finish editing it. How about you?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Umm ... New? - Page 2 1312Umm ... New? - Page 2 2412Umm ... New? - Page 2 3349Umm ... New? - Page 2 3548Umm ... New? - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Hime 2/26/2010, 2:37 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:That's my hope, too! Very Happy I'm actually working on a novel that I plan to send off for publication as soon as I finish editing it. How about you?

Sweet! Smile

Well, I'm working on two different novel ideas. You just read one of them, the more developed one. (Shades of Gray.) ^_^
Selene Hime
Selene Hime
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 426

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/26/2010, 2:44 pm

Ooh, awesome! Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Umm ... New? - Page 2 1312Umm ... New? - Page 2 2412Umm ... New? - Page 2 3349Umm ... New? - Page 2 3548Umm ... New? - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Hime 2/26/2010, 2:48 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:Ooh, awesome! Very Happy

Yeah, I'm really eager to start it. But, since its a real novel, the chapters will probably be around 4000 words or more (I don't know, maybe less. It'll depend on the chapter and what is happening.) each. ^_^
Selene Hime
Selene Hime
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 2/26/2010, 3:07 pm

"...forgive me posting back so soon, but perhaps some points should be looked at first..." said the goblin, not discouragingly, just continuing "...the publishing world is in crisis at the moment, simply, the market share is decreasing daily, in that, for every a new reader of a book let's say, hundreds more are flocking to the internet now, which is good, because any publisher who wants to survive will have to move onto the internet too, which is my first point here, simply, that they are going to come, maybe not to this forum perhaps, but to these forums, they have no choice...", the goblin stopped for a second, thought hard, then continued once more, "...this year some famous authors have already dropped their publishers for selling directly through amazon, understandable, since amazon sold more kendell ebook readers than physical books last year, the authors will make works directly for those devices then, which is my second point here...", but then the goblin saw this as a bridge so to speak, in that, yes the publishers and author were moving on-line for their part, but the other side of the coin needed explaining too, concluding "...at first glance, how are publishers going to find talent here, do you think that they will go into the each and every section, actually wading though tons of stuff to choose amongst it, no, they are going to look at various indicators here, of which a "uniform persona" is one of them, something I previously explained, where also a high hitcount becomes another, and where too, a constant output is yet another, simply ask yourself if you fit that bill, and where not, how one can adjust to it...", which surprisingly all meant nothing to the goblin himself, simply because, he wished to remain anonymous and was quite happy with his readership, saying "...o how I hate long posts, sorry about this one then..."

Umm ... New? - Page 2 AlleyCat
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/27/2010, 1:55 am

That's definitely something to think about. I still see publishing the "normal" way as the way, but things have been changing a lot . . . I don't doubt that you're right about this. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Hime 2/27/2010, 5:43 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:That's definitely something to think about. I still see publishing the "normal" way as the way, but things have been changing a lot . . . I don't doubt that you're right about this. nod

*Nods* I also agree. We hopefuls need to look into publishing not just hard copies, but also the other methods and possibilities. Fleaman presents several good points.
Selene Hime
Selene Hime
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum