The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Asked For It

2 posters

Go down

You Asked For It Empty You Asked For It

Post by DiscardedHarmony 3/22/2010, 10:12 am

You want to know who I am?

I'm the girl who's slipping scraps of paper through the cracks, trying to arrange them so they all line up. I'm the person on the bus, in the back, blinking and breathing and wondering and savoring every drop of life that she can, so maybe, just maybe, she'll return more colorful then she left. The mouse in the back, gazing at the moon while thoughts of impossible calibers float through the air like cough drops of the lemon variety; pausing, and waiting to be ensnared in gossamer nets. I'm the only one who follows the butterflies, trying to sip what they sip, fly how they fly, see what they see, and hopehopehope that something rubs off. I have found how to wallow in the moon, drink the sun, wrap myself in stars, rubbing them across my eyelashes and inhaling their beautiful, beautiful scent.

I'm the one drowning under the weight of your eyes; suffocating in the lack of your presence; dreaming about castles built with oxygen and tender snowy essences; hoping that concrete, rock-steady will never happen; living in moments that exist in six dimensions and three phases of being. I'm the one who secretly tucks away these phrases, saving them for the day when I can live in my golden castles built atop fluffy clouds like buttercream.

I'm the girl who waits for cobwebs, then spins them with fairy floss to decorate a mind that would otherwise be blank - gray. I'm the one whose thoughts you may never guess, but only scratch at, like lottery tickets that never produce the right combination. Creeping through the haunted house of gilded butterflies comes with a warning tag; the one I tore off and digested. The only one who would be perfectly content if left to her basements of jellybeans and broken windows that frame her mind.

I am the only one you will never know.

Last edited by DiscardedHarmony on 3/22/2010, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1596

http://ShimmeringHeart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

You Asked For It Empty Re: You Asked For It

Post by shadowsowner888 3/22/2010, 6:36 pm

I really like this. :3 It's so poetic . . . makes me wanna meet the person whose perspective it's from. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

You Asked For It 1312You Asked For It 2412You Asked For It 3349You Asked For It 3548You Asked For It 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscardedHarmony 3/22/2010, 6:40 pm

I seem to be incapable of writing straight prose. x3
I wrote it more from my perspective, but, looking back, my thoughts aren't that beautiful, lol.
*insert original thank you here* Very Happy
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1596

http://ShimmeringHeart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down