The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10

3 posters

Go down

dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 Empty dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10

Post by Avé 3/30/2010, 1:23 am

I think I'll start with the bad stuff first, so I can end this blog on a happy note.

So, you know the friends that we're in Colorado with? Well, one of them, Tara, has had cancer for a little while. For some time, they thought it was gone, but she was just tested on Friday, and the results came in today -- the cancer is back, and this time, it's all over her body. She's not going to try chemo again, she's decided. If she did, she might live for six months, though it would be in pain. If she doesn't, she'll live her last four months in peace, which would be nice.

Tomorrow, she's going skiing with us, thank goodness. I'm going to take my camera and take a shootload of pictures, because I want her to remember tomorrow. Chances are, she won't be back next year, and I want to make the most of it.

I just think it's so unfair, you know? This past year, we've already lost two friends to cancer, and now she's gonna move on soon. It seems like these days, death is so close. :/

But, you know, they're all dealing with it well. If you could keep her and her family in your prayers, though, that would be nice.

---

'Kay, other than that, my day was good. Very Happy Skiing is fun, even though I'm horrible at it. Hey - I'm an uncoordinated Florida girl that only comes here once a year to ski for four days, so I've got my reasons.

I was on the chair lift with this little boy, and he asked me which chair we were on, since they have numbers on them, and I told him it was number seven. Then he asked me why, and I told him because seven was a lucky number. Our conversation from then on?

"Is eight lucky?"
"Sure is."
"What about nine?"
"Yup."
"And ten?"
"Yess."
"What about eleven?"
"Yeah."
"I think twelve is lucky. Is it?"
"Of course."
"Is thirteen lucky?"
"Yes..."
"And fourteen?"
"Yeah."
"Fifteen?"
"NO, FIFTEEN IS NOT A FREAKIN' LUCKY NUMBER SO SHUT UP."

I didn't say that, but I wanted to. We got all the way to 52. -sigh-

I watched Titanic last night. It made me cry, and not a lot of movies do that. It wasn't the whole Jack and Rose story that did it (yes, that was sad too. xD), but it was just... seeing all those people, jumping off the boat to save themselves, people commiting suicide, people doing anything they could to survive. And then at the end, when they showed a close up of that dead person in the water? That was just creepy.

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT WHEN I PRESS THE CAPS LOCK KEY, IT MAKES A COOL SOUND AND I'VE BEEN TRYING IT OUT FOR FIVE MINUTES NOW AND IT'S REALLY REALLY FUN.

Hmm...

I've really got nothing else to say. I should get to sleep, though. I have to get up early tomorrow.

Questions? Si.

Have you ever gone skiing?
Skiing or snowboarding?
What's your favorite/lucky number?
Have you ever seen Titanic?
Do you like the name of my blog right now? Did you prefer "Her Name is Ave"? What about just "dear ave,"... or would that sound too much like one of those advice columns in the newspaper?
What did you do today?

No music for today. no

yours & yours not so truly,
avvy
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 Empty Re: dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/30/2010, 8:46 am

The cancer is back? Dx I hate cancer. I'll pray for them every day.

That little boy sounds so cute. :3

Have you ever gone skiing? Nope. I desperately want to, though.
Skiing or snowboarding? I'd like to try snowboarding, because I ripstik and it would be like 'Woo! Snow-ripping!' xD
What's your favorite/lucky number? 13, 11, and 18. xD
Have you ever seen Titanic? In Chicago it was playing, but my mom didn't want to watch it, so whenever she was in the bathroom (she kept going in and out) I'd flick on the channel. I saw all the sad parts. D:
Do you like the name of my blog right now? Yes, I do. nod
Did you prefer "Her Name is Ave"? *shrug* I like 'em both. Very Happy
What about just "dear ave,"... or would that sound too much like one of those advice columns in the newspaper? ADVICE COLUMNS FTW. xDD I don't think so. no
What did you do today? Woke up. ë.ë

Oh, and you have 2,000 posts! Congrats! *shoots cork from wine bottle* cheesy
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 Empty Re: dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10

Post by Avé 3/30/2010, 10:16 am

I'd love to try snowboarding too, but it seems hard. D:

You told me about that, in Chicago. xD

And thanks. I didn't realize I had them yet. no
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/30/2010, 1:15 pm

Aww, I'm so sorry your friend has cancer. Sad She and her family will definitely be in my prayers.

Haha, what an interesting little boy. xD

Have you ever gone skiing? Does water skiing count? xD Cus I did. For about five minutes.
Skiing or snowboarding? Snowboarding. Very Happy
What's your favorite/lucky number? EIGHT! Very Happy
Have you ever seen Titanic? Only the beginning. Razz
Do you like the name of my blog right now? Yush! Very Happy
Did you prefer "Her Name is Ave"? I like this one better because of the band, but they're both awesome. :3
What about just "dear ave," ... or would that sound too much like one of those advice columns in the newspaper? Hmm. I like the other ones better, but Dear Ave is cool, too. Very Happy
What did you do today? Said a long, long, long Our Father. -.-
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 1312dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 2412dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 3349dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 3548dear ave, count me in - 3/29 or 30 or something/10 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down