The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylor's Quicky Thread

2 posters

Go down

Taylor's Quicky Thread Empty Taylor's Quicky Thread

Post by Taylor_Potter 3/30/2010, 6:50 pm

Taylor Quicky Thread

Maturity: Depending on my mood can be high or low; kissing, implications, maybe alchol and cigarettes, dating
Fantasy: Knowing me, very high; everything from dragons to vampires and inbetween

What that says basically so I'm going to try having a short little story every time I can. It's probably going to be really stupidly short and somewhere around one thousand words. So if you feel like reading it, go ahead. If not, I cannot force you to, can I? ;] So here goes nothing:

March 30th - Garbage Disaster
June 7th - Semper Fi my Marine

Last edited by Taylor_Potter on 6/8/2010, 12:53 pm; edited 8 times in total
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6743

Back to top Go down

Taylor's Quicky Thread Empty Re: Taylor's Quicky Thread

Post by Taylor_Potter 3/30/2010, 6:50 pm

I open my fifth top that morning and clear off part of the top. I was never a fan of applesauce but at the age of fifteen, I consider it my teenage wine. Once I’ve had a taste of the Country Berry, I place it next to my cell phone. After four days of reading Rick Riordan’s third book, I finally move along to book four. While I simply adore the charm of Percy Jackson, there’s no way it can beat out my darling and beloved Harry Potter. Either way, it is a book I find hard to put down. After many almost-sweet moments and several deaths, you learn to love a book. It’s almost a way to dream of a new life; they have romantic things happen and the closest thing for me has been texting my guy friend like I’d been doing all Spring Break.

After sipping half-way through the Country Berry goop, I open up the book. The first line makes me smile and set it down again. Personally I’d like to blow up schools and I would have loved to keep reading through what exactly happened but, as it always goes, when you get a good start something pulls you away.

“Taylor I told you to take out the trash!” This time it was my Nana’s grueling voice. “Get out of your book and go do that please.” Now I love my Nana like I love my siblings; it’s a love-hate thing. I love her but I don’t always like her, she’s like a second mom though and like it’s been said before; ‘if momma ain’t happy, ain’t no happy’.

So miserably I pull myself out of the world of Percy Jackson and into my lackluster life. After dumping the five trash buckets into the mammoth trash bag I moved to head back into the office. But after one sharp look from my Nana’s severe eyes, I retreated like a scared pup with my tail between my legs.

The bag reeked and I don’t mean it smelled slightly bad. Imagine being stuck on a trash barge in the middle of the ocean after it’s been in the sun for several hours. Now multiply that smell by a million and you have that. It could have a lot to with the fact we live in a state with awfully warm weather but it’s even like that in the winter.

Either way I lugged the garbage out into the yard. Now a note about my yard is that the first half of it is covered in pebbles that often jag at the bottom of your feet or rip through things. Along with that there’s the lawn which you have to go across to get to where we leave the garbage for pick-up and in the yard is everything from twigs to beer bottles thrown by our lovely neighbors around our house. And it opens up into a street which many people drive by as a cheat to get to the strip-mall with the Movie Theater, Starbucks, and restaurants. In other words it’s open to people driving by and it’s also dangerous; I bet you have your ideas already coming to boil.

I came out of the house and start dragging out the bag. The first thing to happen was I got a piece of glass lodged into the bag and I was basically jumping up and down from the pebbles catching into my feet. I was half-way there when I noticed the awful smell; the garbage was littered across the pavement. I had two options, I could be the good little girl and replace the bags or I could let the garbage men deal with it. I decided on the former and walked into the house. Nana looked at me curiously but after catching a whiff went back to her computer. As if I wasn’t even there.

In my house, nothing is in one place so I spent a good five minutes tearing the garage apart looking for the trash bags.

“Nana!” I called from the garage, yelling as loudly as I could since I was not walking through the house again. It was silent for awhile then it was busted by the woman yelling back to me.

“Check the laundry room.” After living with me for about six years, she’d basically learned to read my mind. Well if you took me to school and back every day; you’d learn how to too.

Obediently I checked in the room and there it was; right in front of me. I took it out to hear my phone ringing on my desk; he finally had texted me back. It was a simple hello, nothing much but as a girl we read into everything.

What are you up to? ;]

As most girls would, my heart skipped a beat. It wasn’t a real wink and of course he was a flirt and all but, in my mind I could basically see him winking at me. I shrugged and texted back a simple, nothing much, you?

After setting the phone lovingly on the desk I walked outside. By now the garbage was all over the gravel and reeked to high heavens! I opened the new bag up and set it on the ground and started shoveling the contents on the ground into it with my hands. Now I know you think it’s disgusting but I wasn’t planning to shake hands with anyone until I washed my own. Once the ground was clear of lettuce, wrappers and bottles I looked at the broken bag. The smart thing would have been to take the old bag and stick it into the new with the ripped side facing up. But I was “smarter” than logic and tried to dump the contents of the old into the new. As soon as I flipped the old bag I was knee-deep in rejected food, old plastic bags, gum and several sheaves of paper.

To place it simply I was disgusted; what was supposed to be a thirty second task had been turning into a nightmare. I’d been in my pjs so now my favorite black and white flannel pants smelled horrible. The next six minutes I spent cleaning up the garbage and cursing brokenly in Italian, at least I claimed it was Italian. By the time I finished cleaning, I smelt like the garbage can and I had something like sour cream all over my arms.

Finally I started walking up to the front and I stopped cold in my tracks. I front of my house was a red mini-van and I knew that car all too well. The boy I had just been texting was now in a car seeing me in food remains.

“Taylor?” the boy leaned out of the driver’s seat to get a better look. I’m not sure what my face looked like but I’m sure it was a sight to see!

“Hello,” I muttered and set the garbage down. “Had a fight with the garbage and sort of lose.”

“I see that,” he chuckled and I just wanted to die.
~!~

I remember walking back into the house with a red face and my Nana looked up at me curiously as I headed off towards the bathroom.

“What happened?”

“My sister is taking out the garbage next time!”

Fine
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/31/2010, 1:27 pm

I love that little story. :3 It's got personality.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Taylor's Quicky Thread 1312Taylor's Quicky Thread 2412Taylor's Quicky Thread 3349Taylor's Quicky Thread 3548Taylor's Quicky Thread 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor_Potter 3/31/2010, 2:37 pm

Thanks shadz
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor_Potter 6/7/2010, 10:19 pm

Snow pelted the window of her house as she sat curled up on her bed. A whole day’s worth of promising activities had been set aside for the sole purpose of her lying on her bed and cry.

Clutched against her chest was a dog tag bearing the name Maxwell Kelly which she was sure she would never let go of now. How long ago had they told her his body had been found drifting in the sea? How long ago had she run to the Naval Base in the pouring rain to see his body waterlogged and disfigured by the explosion? How long ago had she stood there crying with his mother as she watched them cremate his body? In reality it’d been hours, maybe a day. Truthfully she had lost track of time as she lay on the bed and cried to her heart’s content.

He left behind a mother, two sisters, and a fiancé; a fiancé who wasn’t even finished with her junior year of high school. But when you’re in love something like time seems frivolous and pointless.

They had been best friends since childhood, sweethearts in elementary school, flirting casualties in middle school, and soul mates in high school. Her prayer was that they’d be the small statistic; the two sweethearts that got married. He was her knight in shining armor and she was his princess locked in the tower.

It was a cold day when she had said good-bye to him at the airport. In all reality, she could remember like she remembered her name.

Many people stood at the naval base where people were saying good-bye to their marines. Not a dry face was among the masses as people hugged, kissed and talked in their last moments together. No one was sure if they’d ever see the people they said good-bye to alive again.

Jessica was swallowing back the tears that insisted on coming. However soon the realty of the situation seemed to snap and she threw her arms around Max’s neck as the two stood there. Max had expected this so was all but ready to catch her.

In the military fashion, he’d shaved his hair down to a buzz and he looked rather handsome in his uniform. The navy blue color seemed to make his hazel eyes seem a little less harsh and more humane.

For what seemed ever, he just held her in his arms and let her cry. Finally when she seemed able to cope and understand what he was saying he began to speak.

“Jessica I’m—“

Jessica shook her head and looked up at him, “If you say the word ‘I’m sorry’ I will kick your butt in front of all these people. Not a good first impression.” He looked strangely impressed but laughed, shutting up for that was what he had been planning to tell her.

“I understand why you’re doing this and I don’t expect anything less from you," she said with a watery smile, "Your duty is for your country and I wouldn't love you any other way."

Suddenly the emotions of the moment seemed to catch up with her and pressing herself on her toes, for she was shorter than he was, she kissed him. Eleven and a half years of passion was put into the kiss from both ends of the scenario.

Max wanted nothing more to stay here kissing her, decide the Marines weren’t worth it and just marry her. But that wasn’t how it was done. Semper Fi meant always faithful and he would be always faithful to his country.

“Good-bye, Jessie,” he whispered and kissed her one last time as he joined the ranks of his officers and fellow Marines. Neither knew it was their last time together of that it was their last kiss.

Jessica laid there and continued to cry. If she could go back, would she change a thing? Ask him to stay? No. He was her Marine and her Jarhead; she wouldn’t have it any other way.

Still, as she laid there thinking, it didn’t settle the pang of misery she felt burning inside of her. Tears seeped from under her lids as she saw a letter he’d recently written her. Gently she pulled it off of the bedside table and began to fondle it.

Dear Jessica, my darling Juliet,

It’s been torture here and we just docked for the first time. You have no idea how much I miss you. It’s rather unnerving to see all the gents here receive ‘Dear Johns’ from their gals back home. Gosh I’m so lucky to have you.

Been interesting here and I gained a lot of brownie points because I’m the only one who hasn’t hurled on deck yet—“ she smiled at that like the first time she had read it—“Guess all that time we spent on your Uncle’s boat helped out a lot, even if all we did was hang out in the galley and make-out.

How are my sisters managing? Katrina’s going to be in high school soon. Next year she’ll be a freshman. You’ll keep an eye on her, right?

How is everything there? Do your parents still disapprove of us, Juliet? Does the counter store smell the same? Is it hot there? Has anyone tried to ask you out? Are you alright missing prom? Do you miss me at all?

Gosh I miss everything there so much… especially you. I love you. I love you. I love you…

The letter continued rather in the same fashion until about the last line.

I’ll be back in the area next fall for six months. It’ll give us some time to catch up with each other, won’t it? Save your first week of September cause we are definitely spending some time together. I love you.
Sincerely and forever yours,
Max

Tears spilled down her cheeks. She had sent a reply filled with just as many ‘I love you’s and promises of what they would do when he got there. But now that he was dead, they’d be planning a military-style funeral for the bravest, handsomest, and best service man to step onto the Marine ship.

Finally she choked back a last sob as she rose to her feet. Stepping into her closet, she placed the letter with all the others, sealing it for what would not be the last time, and pressed her lips to his dog tag.

“Semper Fi, my darling…” she whispered as she fell back into the bed with another shake of sobs. “I will always be faithful.”
Taylor_Potter
Taylor_Potter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down