The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*- I- The Arrival

Go down

-*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*- I- The Arrival Empty -*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*- I- The Arrival

Post by Cyn431 4/9/2010, 9:57 pm

Maturity: maximum
Fantasy: alien species

(based on The Host by Stephenie Meyer--filming in 2011)

-*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*-
The Arrival

You're walking down the streets of Chicago, the soles of your feet almost guaranteeing complete silence in this deadly night. Usually there would be a good number of people still running around at seven thirty in the evening, but there was little more than the outdoor animals and the hobos. It was even Friday. Wouldn't somebody be out gambling or sitting in the park with their date?

Well, maybe not, and you shrug that off your shoulders as good as you can as you continue to stroll forward towards your apartment. After a few minutes you get bored, and look down at your watch to notice the time. Instantly you find yourself jogging. The food might get burnt if you don't pull it out of the oven soon. (How foolish to leave it there, you think.)

Just yards from the entrance, there's a piercing shriek, and your hands fly to your ears; it sounded like it came from right behind you. Quickly you spin around and see a body get dragged off into an alley, but they're gone so soon you don't have time to see who it was. Scared out of your mind, you sprint into the apartment building and rush up to your door. While your hands shake you twist your key in the whole and fling your door open to find a decent young man standing at your bed, staring down at something. He lifts his head to look at you.

"Sorry," he immediately apologizes. "I thought I heard--"

"What are you doing here?" you demand harshly.

The man blinks, somewhat offended, so it seems. "Waiting," he said frankly. His feet take him a few steps closer to you and continue forward. "Now that you're here, I might as well get my job done: we're reaching a time when freedom may become impossible, and I'm here to warn the independent that unless we all work together to resist, we'll all fall to them."

Your head tilts, completely bewildered. How nuts were people these days?

'They've arrived," he continues. "And we need you to join the resistance."

-*-*- Rules -*-*-
♦️ Follow all of Shad's rules
♦️ I said maximum maturity, but make sure to keep birth scenes vague.
♦️ Please fill out the entire form--no TBPOs unless you're searching for a picture. The bottom two are optional.
♦️ You can be free or possessed.
♦️ No possessing another person's character unless permission was given.
♦️ Don't make a major plot before running it by me first.
♦️ Nobody's perfect. (:
♦️ It's not semi-elite, but try to give multiple sentences in an in-character post.
♦️ If you're possessed, you can fill out a form for the human and/or the soul inside.
♦️ Have fun!!

-*-*- Form -*-*-
Name: (full name)
Stability: (free, captured, possessed?)
Strength: (are you like Melanie or everyone else?)
Looks:
Pros:
(what's good about 'em?)
Cons: (what's bad about 'em?)
Job: (see below for details)
History: (opt.)
Other: (opt.)

Name:
Stability:
Strength:
Looks:
Pros:
Cons:
Job:
History:
Other:

-*-*- Notes!!! -*-*-
Adult hosts are extremely difficult to possess. If you're 18+ and possessed, it would be most logical to say one of the following...
1-- The adult was a rather weak one.
2-- The soul was incredibly strong.
3-- The human and soul are at equal terms, and take turns controlling the body--or the human can merely voice their opinion while the soul keeps physical control.

Ancient, wise souls can be inside the bodies of kindergartners! Don't feel limited!

-*-*- Jobs -*-*-
Free
Guess what? You can be whatever you want! You're free, aren't you?

Possessed
Unfortunately... You guys aren't as free. You've got to do the job the soul inside you chooses. Let me know if I'm forgetting a few, I just got to the hundredth page in the book.

Healer- They insert the souls into the host bodies, as well as treat any injuries and/or malfunctions the host may have.

Seeker- They search for the Wild Ones and capture them for souls to use to live on Earth.

Comforter- Essentially they're a therapist, the kind that sit and listen to your issues.

Teacher- They teach the younger souls important stuff. If you're going into detail, read the book first.

Student- There are many young souls out there!

Your Host's- Of course, if the soul chooses to assume the host's job, that's an option too... Someone has to run McDonald's, anyway.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

-*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*- I- The Arrival Empty Re: -*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*- I- The Arrival

Characters:
Cyn431
Melanie Stryder -- Possessed (Wanderer)
Allyson Cynthia "AllyCyn" Pheire -- Free

Originals: (first come first serve!)
Melanie: Cyn
Wanderer: Cyn
Jared:
Ian:
Kyle:
Jamie:
Uncle Jeb:
Doc:
Lacey the Seeker:

Last edited by Cyn431 on 4/9/2010, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

-*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*- I- The Arrival Empty Re: -*-*- The Wild Ones -*-*- I- The Arrival

-*-*- Announcements -*-*-
4/9- It's open! =) You may post.

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 4/11/2010, 12:58 pm

[*whistles in the empty place*...]
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down