The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|.

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. Empty .|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|.

Post by Kat24 7/18/2009, 6:12 pm

Maturity: Some fighting, and romance aloud, though not over-the-top. Some achohal, like what's served in an inn.
Fantasy: Lots. Made-up countries. Strange animals. Prophecies. Maybe some magic.

The Mathwaey Chronicles

[ Intro ]

"Meghan, go below. Now!" The captain's voice echoed over the ship. The sailors ran around frantically, preparing the one small cannon an all the guns that their trader carried. The flag of the ship closing in on them stood out ominously in the fading light- the Jolly Rodger. A pirate's flag.
"Father!" Meg braced herself against the starboard railing, her feet planted firmly against the deck.
"Now! Get below, I don't have time for you!" Fear glinted in the tall man's eyes. He turned away. "You there- Jude! See that she gets below." The cabin boy turned his head quickly. At fifteen, he was only a year older than Meg. He nodded and stepped forward. She looked away.
Gently, Jude placed his hand on Meg's shoulder. "Please, Meg, listen. Come with me. I... I don't want you to get hurt," He said in her ear. her grip relaxed, but suddenly they were jarred backwards, onto the wet deck. A cannon ball had dropped into the water, just barely missing the ship. They lay stunned.
Grappling hooks tied the two vessels together- the pirates were boarding, it was to late. A hand clamped over Meg's mouth, everything went black.

[ Six Months Later ]

Meg's eyes opened, she was face down on a bed of sand. Pushing herself up weakly, she blinked. The ship wreck flashed back to her- clinging to the ruined barrel until her arms had gone numb, falling off the pirate ship as it hit the rocks, trying to reach Jude- Her thoughts snapped back into focus. She sat up.
"Are you alright, Meg?" The same hand on her arm, the same voice in her ear-
"Yes." Beside her knelt Jude, tired and bruised, but alive and with her. "You?" He nodded solemnly.
"If you can walk, we should find some shelter before night fall." He motioned to the near-by forest. Meg stood up slowly, leaning on his shoulder as they wandered into the trees. They hadn't been walking for any more than five minutes when Jude stopped suddenly. She looked up, and her mouth dropped open.
There, before them were stone walls, taller than the two of them put together. A huge iron gate sprawled in front of them, guarded by soldiers who were staring hard at them.
"Who be you?" One asked, stepping forward.
"I-I'm Meg, and this is Jude. We were... shipwrecked, we-we landed on the beach." He nodded curtly.
"Be you alone?"
"Yes, yes sir." Jude stumbled, gripped Meg's hand.
"Then," the soldier said, bowing, "Welcome to Mathwaey."

[ Rules ]

.Follow all of Shad's rules.
.This is semi-elite. Please keep it that way.
.Be awesometastic!.
.Violence is aloud, but, nothing gory, y'know.
.Say whoot if you like romance! Just remember, nothing over-the-top.
.Think of this as your typical fantasy world- you may have all the technologies of Elizabethan England, but no more.

[ About Mathwaey ]

.Mathwaey is not the island, just the city. There are other cities on the island, but we won't bother with those right now.
.Mathwaey is run by a Prince, who is un-married and secretly looking for a wife.
.Women are not aloud to know to read or write in Mathwaey, sadly. That doesn't mean you can't have girl charries that can write. I know I will.
.Mathwaey has a huge market place, where there is not-stop trading, selling, and buying of anything you can possibly think of, from food to clothes to furniture.

.Map to come.

[ Form ]

Name: [ Can be as original or boring as you like. Last name, though, too! ]
Gender: [ Because I believe it is important. No questions asked. ]
Age: [ Any age will do, but preferably one an average human would live to. ]
Description: [ Physical and personality. This is semi-elite. Detail is your friend. ]
Rank, and/or Job: [ What are they? Rich? Poor? A stable boy? An inn keeper? A farmer's daughter? ]
History: [ How did they end up in Mathwaey? Were they born there, or did they travel to the island? Was there a shipwreck, like in the intro? ]
Other: [ Think. Real hard. Is there anything you forgot or anything there wasn't a place for? Anything else I should know? Add it here. ]

[ Members]

Kat24 [ Me! ]

Name: Meghan ( Meg ) Trillium
Description: Meg has waist length, slightly wavy, dark brown hair she wears in a pony tail, grey-green eyes, and tan skin from the years aboard her father's ship. She's slightly on the taller side, and slim, though strong. She's spunky and friendly, though she can have a temper, and tends to worry in her head, and not talk about her feelings. Passionate, whether she hates someone or loves someone, she puts her heart into it.
Rank, and/or Job: She works as a bar maid in an inn, serving food and drinks
to customers.
History: Re-read the intro, if you haven't guessed. As a child she lived on her father's ship. When she and Jude came to Mathwaey, she adapted quickly.
Other: She can ( secretly, mind you ) read and write.

Name: Jude Towndon
Description: Jude has floppy, dark hair that hangs in his blue eyes, and very tan skin. He's average height and build ( for that time period ) and has freckles on the bridge of his nose. He's sweet, though slightly shy, and hard working, but he stands firm for what he beleives in.
Rank, and/or Job: On the poor side, he works in the stables of the Prince.
History: Again. The intro. 'Nuff said.
Other: Nope. Though, he and Meg are in love. xD

Shadow

Name: Sierra McCoy
Description: Tall and skinny; she hasn't exactly matured out of her childish figure yet. Slightly pale skin. Golden-brown hair, straight down a few inches below her shoulders. Pretty face, although not exactly gorgeous - combined with the rest of her, though, she looks pretty usual. Pale blue eyes with gray flecks. Doesn't have a ton of muscle; she's got about as much as the average ten-year-old. Wears men clothing when she can, although her parents think it astonishing; they want her to stick with the blouses and skirts.
Rank, and/or Job: She's the daughter of a kinda wealthy family, but hates it. They live on a farm, but she's always sneaking out so she never does any work there.
History: She was born there, and never bothered to ask her parents.
Other: She's kinda boyish, despite her paleness and weakness.

iGri

Name: Tyson
Description: Tall, with neck length dark brown hair, and brown eyes
Rank, and/or Job: He's a guy that sits around the city, singing, and playing his guitar, and hoping people put money in his hat that he puts upside-down near him. He's always kinda wanted to be a knight, or soldier, or something like that.
History: He was sailing on a ship, but there was a mutiny, and he jumped overboard, and swam to the island
Other:

Snakeboy

Name: Jane Harati
Description: Jane is a beautiful girl. Her hair is very smooth and the color of red clay, and it usually is down, coming to here back. She likes to wear no shooes, though she is usually made to. She hates the life she lives, and tries to change it all the time. Probably Jane's most beautiful feature are her dark blue eyes with bright blue specks deep in them. Her skin is tanned, making her eyes pop all the time. SHe has a bell like laugh, and looks fragile, but she can hold her own. She has one necklace she always wears that was her greatgrandmother's before she died. It is made out of solid jade and she wouldn't trade it for the world.
Rank, and/or Job: Jane is the daughter of a very rich man and woman, but she hates it.
History: She has grown up on Mathawaey her whole life, nothing special.
Other: She secretly knows how to read.

Name: Jason Ston'edge
Description: Jason has a pretty strong build, but he isn't that muscular. His skin is dark tanned and he has no freckles whatsoever on him. His hair is the color of oil, and hangs slightly in his face. A ring of gold can be found in his hazel eyes if you look closely, but thats only sometimes. Jason is always wearing rugged clothes that at worn and torn in different places. He is a sweet boy, but he doesn't talk unless spoken too and can be abit mischevious at times.
Rank, and/or Job: Stable Boy
History: Jason washed up on the beach when he was 2, and luckily an inn keeper found him. The inn keeper raised him until he was 10, when Jason started working as a stable boy.
Other: He doesn't know where he came from.

Mea45

Name:Ellia Rowan
Description:She is tall,big boned,and angular.Has a ropey scar over her upper arm which she bears with pride,like the rest of herself.Dull straw colored hair which goes down her back,and hypnotizing violet eyes.Generally wears plain white gowns,which are scandalously short (I.E. Knee length) Quiet,withdrawn and compassionate.She is older than her years with a better view on the world than most.Willing to see the good in even the worst of people.
Rank, and/or Job:A wandering scholar.
History: Was born in the countryside,to a fairly rich family.Stole some money and escaped to learn and practice her art.
Other: Beginning sorceress

Last edited by Kat24 on 7/27/2009, 1:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. Empty Re: .|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|.

Post by shadowsowner888 7/19/2009, 7:10 am

((Ugh. XD I wanna do Ember/Emma, but I'm trying to wait until I write her book . . .))

Name: Sierra McCoy
Description: Tall and skinny; she hasn't exactly matured out of her childish figure yet. Slightly pale skin. Golden-brown hair, straight down a few inches below her shoulders. Pretty face, although not exactly gorgeous - combined with the rest of her, though, she looks pretty usual. Pale blue eyes with gray flecks. Doesn't have a ton of muscle; she's got about as much as the average ten-year-old. Wears men clothing when she can, although her parents think it astonishing; they want her to stick with the blouses and skirts.
Rank, and/or Job: She's the daughter of a kinda wealthy family, but hates it. They live on a farm, but she's always sneaking out so she never does any work there.
History: She was born there, and never bothered to ask her parents.
Other: She's kinda boyish, despite her paleness and weakness.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 1312.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 2412.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 3349.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 3548.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/19/2009, 7:56 am

Name: Tyson
Description: Tall, with neck length dark brown hair, and brown eyes
Rank, and/or Job: He's a guy that sits around the city, singing, and playing his guitar, and hoping people put money in his hat that he puts upside-down near him. He's always kinda wanted to be a knight, or soldier, or something like that.
History: He was sailing on a ship, but there was a mutiny, and he jumped overboard, and swam to the island
Other:
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/19/2009, 9:48 am

( Awesome guys, thanks. =)

RP anyone? )
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/20/2009, 9:39 am

((Me shall. Very Happy))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 1312.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 2412.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 3349.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 3548.|.The Mathwaey Chronicles.|. 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/20/2009, 9:48 am

( Sierra and Meg? )
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/20/2009, 10:04 am

(Three way?)
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/20/2009, 10:17 am

((Works for me! XD (To both.)))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/20/2009, 12:05 pm

(Well I G2G, so if Kat says yesh, let's just like do on and off. . .)
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/20/2009, 3:54 pm

( Yah, it's gonna have to be on-and-of.

I shall start. )

Meg wiped down the empty table with a rag, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear with her other hand. "I asked for more ale." A loud voice echoed through the room, and she groaned silently.
"Yessir." She muttered, grabbing the pitcher and moving on to serve the man.
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/21/2009, 11:38 am

Name: Jane Harati
Description: Jane is a beautiful girl. Her hair is very smooth and the color of red clay, and it usually is down, coming to here back. She likes to wear no shooes, though she is usually made to. She hates the life she lives, and tries to change it all the time. Probably Jane's most beautiful feature are her dark blue eyes with bright blue specks deep in them. Her skin is tanned, making her eyes pop all the time. SHe has a bell like laugh, and looks fragile, but she can hold her own. She has one necklace she always wears that was her greatgrandmother's before she died. It is made out of solid jade and she wouldn't trade it for the world.
Rank, and/or Job: Jane is the daughter of a very rich man and woman, but she hates it.
History: She has grown up on Mathawaey her whole life, nothing special.
Other: She secretly knows how to read.

Name: Jason Ston'edge
Description: Jason has a pretty strong build, but he isn't that muscular. His skin is dark tanned and he has no freckles whatsoever on him. His hair is the color of oil, and hangs slightly in his face. A ring of gold can be found in his hazel eyes if you look closely, but thats only sometimes. Jason is always wearing rugged clothes that at worn and torn in different places. He is a sweet boy, but he doesn't talk unless spoken too and can be abit mischevious at times.
Rank, and/or Job: Stable Boy
History: Jason washed up on the beach when he was 2, and luckily an inn keeper found him. The inn keeper raised him until he was 10, when Jason started working as a stable boy.
Other: He doesn't know where he came from.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 1:32 pm

Sierra raced away from her home, towards the inn. How long before her parents found her, she wondered? Maybe she could hide out there for a while. She didn't have any money, but of course she could always beg off of the others there if she really needed it. With a laugh to herself, she came upon the inn, and entered.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/21/2009, 1:51 pm

( Thanks for joining, Snake. =D )

Meg looked up as a girl, maybe a year or so younger than her, entered. "Can I help you?" She placed her hands on her hips. "Do you want a table... or a room?"
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 2:42 pm

Sierra grinned. "A table would be nice," she said, in an impishly proper tone.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/21/2009, 2:44 pm

"Great," Meg gave her a fake smile, like her boss had told her all those months ago. "Right this way." She led the girl over to an empty table. "Tonight we have stew... and stew." This time, her smile was real. "What can I get you to eat? I've heard the stew is lovely."
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 2:50 pm

Sierra giggled, forcing herself not to just crack up. "Um, hmm . . . it's such a hard choice . . . how about stew?" She grinned. It was always nice to talk to people with a sense of humor, especially girls; people were much too proper sometimes these days.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/21/2009, 2:54 pm

"Wonderfull! I was hoping you would say that, I happen to have a bowl right here." Meg took the dish off of her nearby tray and handed it to the girl. "Enjoy, and if you don't like it, I could always get you a bowl of the stew, instead. We have such a variety."
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 2:58 pm

Giggling again, she said, "Thank you very much." Then, she suddenly wondered if any of her parents' friends were here . . . she hoped not. Her eyes widening a bit with worry, she glanced around at the other people.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/21/2009, 4:19 pm

Tyson was walking around the city, looking for something to spend cash on. He found himself hungry, and headed towards the nearest inn.

(That's where they are, right?)
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/21/2009, 4:37 pm

(May I join in?)
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/21/2009, 4:55 pm

(. . . Yeah, but no one else is on, I think, so this isn't totally approved. . .
But whoever says no? Come on, and join the fun!)
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/21/2009, 7:36 pm

( 'Course, Snake!

Yup, Gri, the inn. )

Meg leaned forward, concerned. "Something wrong?"
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 8:17 pm

"Huh? What?" she asked, focusing on the girl again with surprised eyes. "Oh, um, no. Everything's fine." She seemed like a nice enough person, but who wanted to broadcast that they were sneaking out?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 7/21/2009, 8:35 pm

She raised an eyebrow. "You're not... running away, are you?" Her voice was little more than a whisper.
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/21/2009, 8:50 pm

She froze, her eyes becoming even wider, and then she scrambled up from her chair - an action which nearly made the poor piece of furniture almost crash on the ground. "No," was her automatic response. How did the girl know?!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next