The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to go From Here?

3 posters

Go down

Where to go From Here? Empty Where to go From Here?

Post by twilighter3000 5/2/2010, 9:39 pm

I'm working on a writing piece for a contest on another website, and the category is "rebirth." I have the beginning of it, but IDK where to go from there. The deadline is June 4th. Smile I want the setting to be outside somewhere, but not too cliche like a graveyard, and it's a girl. Here's what I have so far:

Sweat was poring down my face, seeping through my shirt. The ropes tied around my wrists cut into my skin, leaving blood to trickle down my fingers. My throat was a raw burning organism in my body, with no chance of me using it to scream. But all of this was nothing to the licking, flickering fire surrounding me on all sides. In fact, I hardly noticed the sweat and pain; all my attention was on the bright orange flames around me, going blue and white in some places from the heat. I tried to swallow, conjuring up a miniscule amount of saliva, and I dimly wondered what would happen first? Would I dehydrate from the heat, be burned alive, or would some come and run me through with a knife and get it over with?
Once again I wondered how I had gotten into this situation. Today had started out normal, all happy and cheery, and next thing I knew I was surrounded by flames. All I remembered was getting the feeling that I was being followed but shaking it off as being paranoid, as usual. I had spun around for the trillionth time to check behind me and—it all went blank. And not like you see in movies, where everything is white and peaceful in your mind. My mind was pitch black, but somehow everything seemed to be moving, swirling.
Suddenly, I was brought back into reality as a searing pain went through the back of my right leg. The flames were getting closer. I desperately looked around, my eyes burning from the heat and brightness of the fire that was only feet away from me now. I blinked quickly, shaking my head to clear the fog that had settled into it and squinted back behind the flames. I could have sworn I had just seen someone lurking, watching me. But why wouldn’t they help me? Unless, of course, it was the person that got me here in the first place, I thought.
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Where to go From Here? Empty Re: Where to go From Here?

Post by shadowsowner888 5/3/2010, 9:59 pm

I think the setting should be in the middle of a forest! *-*

But other than that, I don't have much to say. x3 So far, though, I think this is really cool. Good luck!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Where to go From Here? 1312Where to go From Here? 2412Where to go From Here? 3349Where to go From Here? 3548Where to go From Here? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/3/2010, 11:02 pm

Oooh... o.o

I really have no ideas. xD What exactly do you mean by 'rebirth'? Like, does the MC literally die and come back to life, or is it more a mental kind of idea?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum