The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWS Prizes

+8
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Dark Fairytales
PugsRock
leah_hope92
rattyjol
Cyn431
Black Magic
shadowsowner888
12 posters

Go down

TWS Prizes Empty TWS Prizes

Post by shadowsowner888 6/3/2010, 7:01 pm

Okay, so, we need to get the prizes figured out. xD So if any of you have any ideas for prizes, either for winners alone or participants too, please post them here, along with your opinions on the current prizes. (Which I do think we'll need some volunteers to make? Excepting the TAs, cus I know Jade and Ari are already working on that. XD Or at least I think so.)

Edit: We do have a lot of offers so far for members to make the icons, which is awesome, but I really don't think we'll need anymore beyond this . . . so, for now, I'd like to request that if you wish to help, you try and contribute in some other manner . . . I'm not really sure what we need, though, so we may be looking for more help there later on. Anyway, there's no harm in offering your help, but I may have to put you on a waiting list rather than automatically assigning you to the task. xD

For participants:
  • Icons
  • TwigAdopt?
  • TA decorations?
  • Temporary/invisible group?

For winners only:
  • Icons
  • TwigAdopt
  • Certificate
  • Thread w/interviews, similar to featured

The volunteers:
  • Jen, winners icons
  • Cyn, icons
  • Dark Fairytales, icons
  • Kiriana Shadeweaver, icons
  • Sharkbait, icons
  • Arianna, certificate

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 6/5/2010, 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

TWS Prizes 1312TWS Prizes 2412TWS Prizes 3349TWS Prizes 3548TWS Prizes 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

TWS Prizes Empty Re: TWS Prizes

Post by Black Magic 6/3/2010, 7:39 pm

I think those are great prizes! (especially since i couldnt think of anything better XD)
Black Magic
Black Magic
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/3/2010, 7:40 pm

Maybe also for the winners we should have our little thread of discussion to the works they did, kind of like what we already do for Featured Story peeps? If they only did freewrites, roleplays and/or other things maybe we could just interview the winners or something? Anybody getting what I'm trying to get at?

I could help with the icons. Very Happy Or try to anyway. Don't leave me alone to do 'em if I do get to help. xD

And also, I'm a bit confused with the certificate thing as well. Would that just be a picture with lots of writing on it and maybe some kind of picture in the corner? (Anyone care to elaborate?)
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/3/2010, 9:13 pm

I think all participants should get an icon and then winners would get a TA, a certificate, and maybe an extra 'winner' icon?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 6/3/2010, 9:32 pm

How about little decorations for TAs for participants?
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/3/2010, 9:42 pm

That's a good idea, Leah! (:
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/3/2010, 10:48 pm

Well, we can make a group thing. Like, the moderators have red names, admin has blue, featured member has purple and so on? Well, Tws participants could have a certain colored name and the winners could have another shade to that color, which is drastic like noticably darker or lighter?

I could make little badges that say "Twig Wri Sum 2010 Participant" and "Twig Wri Sum 2010 Winner" or something of that nature =]
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

TWS Prizes DN41
TWS Prizes Cake
I was hungry =]

Female Posts : 2339

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 6/3/2010, 11:17 pm

I'd be more than happy to help with icons, badges and the like. I have a very casual goal for myself (which I just calculated, taking off 18 days for school, would result in slightly less than 136 words a day) and have oodles of spare time over the summer. I don't have any real life friends, so I just swim, write, draw, chat online, and play video games all summer. I'm not busy, and we won't need them 'till late August (save participant stuff), right?
Then again, it seems when I pop in my stuff always gets used, so I'll step aside if other people want to do it.
Seriously, if ya need graphics assistance, say the word, I'm more than happy to help.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 6/4/2010, 12:18 am

Is there a way to add something kinda like, under our usernames? Other then that I like the icons and intervies and such nod
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait 6/4/2010, 12:42 am

I'll help with Icons, if you want Wink
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

TWS Prizes 1589TWS Prizes 3390

Female Posts : 2811

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/4/2010, 1:00 am

I can make a certificate if needed. :3 As a PDF, I'd assume. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TWS Prizes 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/4/2010, 8:22 pm

Cyn431 wrote:Maybe also for the winners we should have our little thread of discussion to the works they did, kind of like what we already do for Featured Story peeps? If they only did freewrites, roleplays and/or other things maybe we could just interview the winners or something? Anybody getting what I'm trying to get at?

I could help with the icons. Very Happy Or try to anyway. Don't leave me alone to do 'em if I do get to help. xD

And also, I'm a bit confused with the certificate thing as well. Would that just be a picture with lots of writing on it and maybe some kind of picture in the corner? (Anyone care to elaborate?)

I think I see what you're saying, though I'm kinda confused about one part . . . you say "if they only did" those things, then they'd just be interviewed, but what exactly were you thinking would happen for those who hadn't just done freewrites and roleplays? Smile

That'd be awesome if you wanted to lend a hand. ^^ I think we're going to try and have a variety available to choose from, since there's definitely more than one person who wants to help with this aspect, so maybe you could do like one or two . . . ?

Well, basically, a PDF with something like, "We proudly present ___ (name here) with this blablabla certificate for achieving your wordgoal for TwigWriSum! Signed, Shadow and the moderators (and maybe with our actual signatures of our online names xD)." So people could print it out and fill in their names. And I don't know what they'd do with it after that, but I like taping my own Wrimo certificates to my walls . . . smug

rattyjol wrote:I think all participants should get an icon and then winners would get a TA, a certificate, and maybe an extra 'winner' icon?

Thanks for your input! :3 Why in particular are you saying the participants wouldn't get a TA as well, though? (I'm honestly not putting the idea down, I'm just trying to start a discussion. xD)

leah_hope92 wrote:How about little decorations for TAs for participants?

Oh, yes, that's a good suggestion! ^^ I'll add it to the list up front for Jade and Ari to consider.

Dark Fairytales wrote:Well, we can make a group thing. Like, the moderators have red names, admin has blue, featured member has purple and so on? Well, Tws participants could have a certain colored name and the winners could have another shade to that color, which is drastic like noticably darker or lighter?

I could make little badges that say "Twig Wri Sum 2010 Participant" and "Twig Wri Sum 2010 Winner" or something of that nature =]

Thank you for your input! ^^ A group, hmm, that's something to consider . . . I'm not so crazy about the idea of it being a permanent group, but if it were only over the summer . . . we can consider that, yes. A group for winners is kinda a whole different topic, so that I'm a little more critical of, since I'm not really so crazy about another permanent group when we have so many . . . I don't really have a good reason, though. xD That's just my opinion. Anyway, I'll put them both up front for extra consideration.

That'd be awesome! :3 We appreciate the help.

Kiriana Shadeweaver wrote:I'd be more than happy to help with icons, badges and the like. I have a very casual goal for myself (which I just calculated, taking off 18 days for school, would result in slightly less than 136 words a day) and have oodles of spare time over the summer. I don't have any real life friends, so I just swim, write, draw, chat online, and play video games all summer. I'm not busy, and we won't need them 'till late August (save participant stuff), right?
Then again, it seems when I pop in my stuff always gets used, so I'll step aside if other people want to do it.
Seriously, if ya need graphics assistance, say the word, I'm more than happy to help.

That'd be awesome if you wanted to help, Kiri. ^^ It shouldn't be a problem, since I'm sort of hoping to have a variety of icons made by different users for the participants/winners to choose from . . . so as long as you're cool with offering the help, so'm I. smiley

Noah the Flood wrote:Is there a way to add something kinda like, under our usernames? Other then that I like the icons and intervies and such nod

Oh, yeah, I could do that! What exactly are you thinking of, though? Like a new rank, or a whole new section altogether?

Sharkbait wrote:I'll help with Icons, if you want Wink

Sure, that'd be great! ^^

Arianna wrote:I can make a certificate if needed. :3 As a PDF, I'd assume. Very Happy

applause Yay, Ari, thank you! That would be wonderful.

Mkay, so the front is updated with the new ideas (at least the ones I'm clear upon), and everyone offering their help is in a new list. And I also added a note about icons, basically saying that I think we have enough people making them for now, but I don't really know what we're looking for so we may take offers on that again later on. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/5/2010, 2:54 am

I'm also for having a summer group of participants, but not for winners. If the whole site revolved around TwigWriSum, it'd be fine, but I really don't think that another group would help. Razz That's just me, though. xD

Yayayay! :3 I can't wait to try that. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TWS Prizes 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/5/2010, 7:55 am

Well, what if we did something like what we have for the PM group? See, the mods and I decided a while back that we should have everyone in an invisible group (invisible meaning color-wise, not like... YOU CAN'T SEE IT) which would allow us to PM everyone at once, should the occasion ever arise and we needed to. We could do something like that, where you wouldn't notice the color change, but when you clicked on the groups your a part of, it would be right there. :3
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 6/5/2010, 8:00 am

I think that we should have a group for the people participating, no matter whether it's invisible or not. I'd prefer invisible, 'cause then you wouldn't get people participating for the sake of having participated, you know? Smile But I still don't think there should be a winners' group. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

TWS Prizes 461

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/5/2010, 8:08 am

Akeria, I think that's a good idea. (: And I agree with Arianna's reason.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/5/2010, 8:30 am

Oh, me too. I don't think there should be a winners group.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 6/5/2010, 11:33 am

@Shad: Okay, I just reread what I typed and that made absolutely no sense. xD I'll try to reword it or elaborate or something.
So regardless of what you did, if you won, you would be recognized on a thread similar to the Featured stuff we do! *applause* I'm thinking each person could have a very brief description of how they achieved their goal and where (where = what roleplays? what stories? were there freewrites?), and in a spoiler there could be an interview of said winner ('cause I imagine there will be lots of winners and that would take up a lot of space nod). Does that make a bit more sense?

Can do! Very Happy

Ohhhhh, I see now. xD Haha, I'd like to see those signatures! Yeah, that'd be a good addition, I agree to the certificate.

@Keri: Just saying I support your group ideas. wink
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/5/2010, 1:42 pm

Oh, yeah, invisible would actually be rather perfect! XD Or, well, maybe. Not so sure whether I'd prefer that or not, but invisible would definitely save the hassle of trying to find a color that isn't taken . . .

Ahh, yeah, I get it now, Cyn. :3 In that case, I love the idea! Space-wise, I'm not sure if it'll end up working out, but hey, we'll see. Very Happy I'd like to do that.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait 6/5/2010, 3:22 pm

Can I make an icon that says this?

This person has won TwigWriSum. He/She(I can edit this xD) has written so many words thier:

1. Computer has exploded
2. Paper has burst into flames

I have Ideas ...... mwahahaha
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/6/2010, 2:07 pm

Haha, I like those! xD I think the first one would be better, since it seems to me like most of us are using computers to write, but you could even make both if you wanted. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbait 6/6/2010, 8:21 pm

*Begins to make both* >3
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/24/2010, 9:29 pm

To those of you who offered to make these prizes, it'd be great if you could begin working on them if you haven't already. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: