The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treading on bestial ground

4 posters

Go down

Treading on bestial ground Empty Treading on bestial ground

Post by Seraph 6/8/2010, 8:57 am

Fantasy: Plenty
Maturity: High. Potential romance, life threatening situations, blood, potential gore (to a small extent hopefully)

Author's Note: This isn't a chapter story, nor would it even be considered a novel. It's a series of diary entries from the main character of the story divided up into several parts. It's a difficult way to write a story, but provides a unique experience. Anyhow, hope you enjoy.

And so the story begins

Prologue

This story takes place in the city of Essence. The city always seemed to pulse with energy, like any other city of course. Unlike most other stories, this isn’t a narrative, more so a collection of diary entries. If any mature person were to read these, they would think the writer was insane or writing false information. Only those of the right age will know the level of truth and possibility in these diaries...

It was a rainy day, the droplets pelted the ground like an incessant waterfall. Men and women all dressed in black clothing, all dressed for a usual circumstance. Among them were two people, a man and a woman, who were crying. Their tears fell almost as fast as the rain did, while everyone else only dipped their heads.

There was one man beneath an umbrella who spoke loudly, reading from a book who’s cover could not be seen. “...earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection into eternal life...” the man read aloud. He closed the book and four men lowered a grave into a deep pit. The two people were now crying ever harder, and others could be seen rubbing tears away. The man with the book spoke once more, “Let this young man be forever known as the Man Who Did The Impossible. Let him be known...”

He was interrupted, “Aw, blow it out your rear end,” an unknown voice spoke out. And with that, the funeral was quiet, and everyone left the area...all but one. A grey-furred canine remained at the funeral, carrying a small book gingerly in it’s mouth, so as not to pierce it with it’s teeth. It padded up, and placed the book by the grave, attempting to shelter it from the rain. It looked to the sky, and howled deeply, to be answered by many other canines. The name on the grave...was: Dan McCrae.

Part 1:

Thursday, June 27, 2013: Alright, first entry into this thing, and not much to report. My mom, named Terra, has been up to a minimal amount, no one respects her at work, or so she says. As for my dad, well...haven't seen him since I was eight, so about seven/eight years ago, he can go rot for all I care. Anyhow, my pet dog has been alright, the little guy loves to drag you that few extra blocks on the walks. He's a shih-tzu poodle mix, just saying his breed's nickname makes me laugh. His name is Lucian, just because he was a little devil as a pup and we were very uncreative back then. Been hanging out alone now, seeing how school's over now. As for a job, forget that, I'm my own man and I'm going to enjoy my two months away from stress. Anyhow, I'm going to get back to playing my video games now.

Friday, June 28, 2013: Second entry, and thigns are getting a bit more normal, XD. Yeah, I know that's internet speak but it's easier to write than 'hahahahahahahaha' on pen and paper. Forget blogging too, I'm in no mood to post my diary on the internet where anyone could see it. Sure there's privacy settings, but hackers will find it for sure. Anyhow, down to what happened today: Woke up, played games, had breakfast at 1:00 pm, more games, walk near the woods at 4:00 pm, mom arrived, dinner at 6:00 pm, then more games until 9:00 pm where I'm writing this thing now. Afterwards, guess what? MORE GAMES! Anyhow, I'm really enjoying the walks by the forest during the day, but it doesn't waste the day anymore. Thankfully, this diary has several hundred pages to write in, and I've got three pencils and three pens to use for it. Moving on, it's too bad I can't see my girlfriend as much as I want anymore. She's on vacation for a month in Vancouver, and my family isn't planning to move. By my family, I mean me, my mom, and Lucian. Alright, I'm taking up too much room today. Until tomorrow...

Saturday, June 28, 2013: See yesterday's entry, but mom was home all day.

Monday, June 30, 2013: Sunday was far too boring. No church today, or last week, or any sunday for the last 7 8 years. Need a bloody eraser...

Tuesday, July 1, 2013: Happy bloody Canada Day. Every year it's the same thing, we go down to a super crowded place at 6 pm, wait for four hours, then watch a two minute fireworks show. Then we join the humongous horde of easily over 10,000 people, then wait two hours to get out of the place. Today was no different. Been listening to 'Ready to Die' by Andrew W.K. and it's awesome. I should recommend it to my friends, if they liked the same music I do.

Thursday, July 3, 2013: Yeah, I miss the days where I was always busy during the day. Not the stressful day-wasting stuff at school though, more like the 'fighting for your life' survival game in cadets. I loved developing strategies during that time, like assigning hunters and gatherers. Hunger was a pain back then, but we all made it out alive, thankfully. It was weird to taste raw flesh of food back then, and there was one time I remember puking it back up. Thing was, it was either that or starve at some points, we had limited fire-starting supplies and the forest we tried to survive in was always moist with rain, so firewood was scarce. How I long to go back to then...

Friday, July 4, 2013: The media is so scared these days. The newsman was completely serious as though a bible was burned, yet the problem was only that some drunk driver drove into a fire hydrant and knocked it clean off. His hilarious comment: "Thank god no one was hurt!" I was rolling on the floor laughing. Anyway, lots of rumors going around in my neibourhood lately. Such as: "There's a hobo in the bushes back there!" and "If you aren't a christian you're a communist!" and a bunch more lame things like that. Bunch of people are going bonkers that some team won a match in the soccer game today. They're driving down the roads waving the flag out the window, and honking their horns maniacally. I hope they crash...

Saturday, July 5, 2013: Found something curious on my daily walk by the forest. It was a sign with that red cross thing to say 'no' or a negative thing like that. It said, 'Do not enter the forest, wild canines' and I couldn't help but chuckle. It was obviously false, it wasn't even an official sign! However, I will admit I'm getting a little curious. It brings me back to when I was surviving in the forest a few years ago. We were equipped with two pistols with a clip each, and boy were we confused. I asked our leader why, he said, "There are other hunters in the forest, better equipped than you are." I replied, "Who? Poachers?" He shook his head, "Nope, a bit more like beasts than poachers or hunters. A pack of coyotes, so use these to protect yourselves. Remember, you've got only a few bullets, so save them for a rainy day." Scared us out of our shorts, but we made out alright like I said before. I'm still so tempted to get back into the forest to try and survive again.

Sunday, July 6, 2013: I'm getting sick and tired of my mom getting on my case. She's always getting me to do work at home, like chores and such, during my break! To boot, when it's done, she complains that I missed a spot and makes me do the whole thing again. I'm not even getting paid for it, god now I really want to get out of here. If this persists for a few more days, I'm out!

Monday, July 7, 2013: I've already packed my survival bag, mom just won't let up. I'm not leaving yet, but that bag is ready for whenever I need it.

Last edited by Seraph on 7/4/2010, 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Seraph
Seraph
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Male Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Treading on bestial ground Empty Re: Treading on bestial ground

Post by shadowsowner888 6/9/2010, 9:44 pm

This seems . . . really cool. :3 I'm going to enjoy this one!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Treading on bestial ground 1312Treading on bestial ground 2412Treading on bestial ground 3349Treading on bestial ground 3548Treading on bestial ground 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph 6/10/2010, 4:43 pm

I don't know, I'm not sure I'd really want to continue this one. I'll give it some thought though.
Seraph
Seraph
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph 7/4/2010, 1:32 pm

Added part one, finally got around to doing it.
Seraph
Seraph
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/4/2010, 3:15 pm

Oooh, awesome. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Fareorn 7/4/2010, 8:45 pm

Nice. I think I need to keep a close eye on this one.
Fareorn
Fareorn
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Male Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum